Sign in to follow this  
princess

Robert Downey Jr.

I am very fond of Robert Downey Jr. All through his addictions and crazy times I still knew that there was a brilliant yet tortured man behind the drug/alcohol use.

I think he is one of the most under-rated actors of our time. Personal faves include: Chaplin, Wonderboys and Only You (a little rom-com with Marisa Tomei) Daughters saw Sherlock Holmes last weekend. Better than they expected, really enjoyed it. I'm making Mr. Topaz take me to see it on our next 'date' night.

I'm a huge fan, too. I'd replace "Only You" with "Restoration" as one of RDJ's best performances, though. I really enjoyed "Sherlock Holmes," but my family hated it. It's fine if your expectations are reasonable. It's a big, shiny action flick, not a faithful adaptation of the source material. Also, I hated Rachel McAdams and Kelly Reilly.

the reason I like "Only You" is because my daughters went trekking through Europe and I booked them a hostel (turned out to be a villa) in Positano! They said it was just like the movie..lots of steps, cliffs, gorgeous Mediterranean Sea with yachts floating offshore. Sighhhhh. Oldest daughter is getting married next fall and she is returning there with her husband.

Robert Downey Jr. Happy To Be Typecast

Robert Downey Jr. doesn't mind being typecast.

The American actor - who stars in Guy Ritchie's 'Sherlock Holmes' as the fictional title character opposite Jude Law as sidekick Watson - said he often gets typecast in action roles, but he doesn't mind because for him it's the character in the movie which is the most important part.

The American star said: "Of course there are actors who start moaning about being typecast. But to be honest, you bear a lot more responsibility, because the project depends on you. And you have more influence. In that aspect it's a huge challenge. I never really care about the genre... I'm only interested in the character I'm playing."

The 44 year old also said he won't be quitting the acting game anytime soon, despite the fact it "exhausts" him more as he's gotten older.

He said: "It keeps me on the go - but only momentarily. And it does exhaust you a lot. I'm sure I'll do a drama very soon."

Robert also defended comments he recently made to TV host David Letterman where he suggested his character in 'Sherlock Holmes' was gay.

He told Welt Online: "I didn't beat about the bush. First of all, I know a lot of heterosexual men who are more effeminate than my gay friends. Some of those are the toughest guys I've known. But I don't want to evade. I did my homework - I did a lot of research about Holmes. You inevitably come across a homosexual subtext. I don't know if Conan Doyle intended it. If so, he was ahead of the times."

Source femalefirst

Action Man Robert Downey Jr.

Robert Downey Jr. has no plans to swap action roles for more serious ones as he gets older.

The actor - who can be seen bare-knuckle boxing in 'Sherlock Holmes' and performs many of his own stunts in upcoming superhero movie 'Iron-Man 2' - is enjoying his new reputation as a big screen hero and has no plans to turn his back on the genre.

Downey, 44, said: "If the material is still good and you still like to work with the people - why not? 'Sherlock Holmes' was a life-changing experience. That's due to the extensive research we did and because I could actually realise such a big project. I would still play characters like Sherlock in the future. Although, I will probably have another child and an alcohol free vineyard by then."

The actor - who is married to producer Susan Levin and has a 16-year-old son Indio with his ex-wife Deborah Falconer - has been enjoying shooting 'Iron-Man 2' but admits it has been hard work getting in and out of his suit.

Downey - who plays the metal-clad Marvel Comics character - revealed to website Film Reporter: "Well the suit was a bit lighter, but not light enough for my liking. I had more self-confidence shooting the second film, but I wouldn't say we had fun. We wanted to take more time. We extended the cast and our horizon und made the story more complex and subtle, although it's still easy to follow. We really looked into the storyline thoroughly to make it as good as possible."

Downey stars in the movie with Gwyneth Paltrow, who reprises her role as his assistant Pepper Potts, Scarlett Johansson - who plays Natasha Romanoff and her sexy alter-ego, Russian spy Black Widow - and Mickey Rourke, who plays super-villain Whiplash.

Samuel L. Jackson also features as super-spy Nick Fury.

Source femalefirst

From yesterday's Awful Truth: Eonline

Dear Ted:

I was watching the Jimmy Kimmel Live special after the Oscars, which he had Robert Downey Jr. on, and I noticed something about RDJ. I suspect he is a B.V. superstar, perhaps he may even be Nevis Divine, or Toothy Tile. Am I close?

—Sherri

Dear Sherlock Holmes:

RDJ is a Vicer, but you're off on his moniker. Was a while ago, though.

SOURCE: Gossiplist.com

Robert Downey Jr. has been hoovering coke and

he and his "wife" have other lovers. And yes, both male.

A reliable source told me. My friend worked

on Iron Man 2 and he was a nightmare apparently

and his behavior was of a coked up addict. Susan

has another boyfriend and Robert does too. But

they stay together for "appearances".

Robert Downey Jr. ‘Likes Being Center of Attention’

ROBERT Downey Jr. “loves” being the center of attention — according to his Iron Man 2 costar Gwyneth Paltrow.

Gwyneth and her fellow female costar Scarlett Johansson play two thirds of a love triangle involving Iron Man inventor Tony Stark in the highly anticipated movie — but Downey had just as much love for his leading ladies himself.

“When both Scarlett and I a were both on set he was really buzzing,” says Paltrow of the happily married Downey.

“He loves being center of attention and having his girls around him.”

Iron Man 2 hits movies theaters May 7.

Source showbizspy.com

Robert Downey Jr. Loves Married Life!

ROBERT Downey Jr. is amazed at how “fantastic” married life is.

The Iron Man 2 star — who married the movie’s producer Susan Levin in 2005 — credits his spouse for helping him turn his back on drug addiction and can’t imagine ever living without her.

“I don’t joke when I say she is my better half,” he gushed. “She truly is.

“I cannot believe what a fantastic life I have today. But here’s the thing, she didn’t change me at all. She just gave me an ultimatum at a certain point.

“Ultimately, we both changed a lot so that now I can’t ever imagine a life before her. I’ve certainly come to believe that Mrs. Downey and I together are definitely better than me alone or me and anybody else.”

The actor also believes his role as Tony Stark in 2008’s Iron Man finally helped him turn around his image, and hails his transformation as a miracle.

“It’s pretty miraculous,” he said. “Although I’m not sure the public’s opinion of me changed, it was more of a movie industry thing.

“Nonetheless, it’s mind-blowing to me because I always felt like I could do something like this, even when nobody else agreed. It’s wild.”

Source showbizspy.com

Robert Downey Jr. baffled by Mickey Rourke's acting technique

Robert Downey Jr. was left baffled on the set of "Iron Man 2" when his co-star Mickey Rourke asked for pictures of his dead dogs to be held up on set during emotional scenes.

The Hollywood actor has revived the superhero for an upcoming sequel, which will see his character pitched against villainous Whiplash, played by Rourke.

And Downey, Jr. was fascinated by his co-star's unusual acting technique, because Rourke used photographs of his beloved Chihuahuas to help him portray tearful moments.

He tells Britain's Daily Express newspaper, "He would have someone holding pictures of recently deceased pets off camera to make him feel sad or whatever for a scene. It was all serious stuff. I've never seen anything like it."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/dailyd...x#ixzz0kwooqfA4

Posted Image

Dorothy vs. Robert Downey Jr. in Oz?

Today 7:51 AM PDT by Breanne L. Heldman

If ever, oh, if ever a wiz there was, Robert Downey Jr. could be one because...

According to the Los Angeles Times, Disney is plotting a Wizard of Oz prequel about the magic man's early years and his rise to power. Better yet, Iron Man himself is said to be in line for the role.

Squee!

Aw, this is sad. Didn't know he was in rehab last year - nice they could keep it quiet and deal with it away from celeb gossip & paps....

http://pagesix.com/2014/06/30/robert-downey-jr-s-son-arrested-for-cocaine-possession/

Actor Robert Downey Jr. blamed himself Monday for his son’s drug bust, saying he must have passed on genes prone to substance abuse and addiction.

Indio Falconer Downey, 20, was arrested Sunday in Southern California, reportedly for possession of cocaine.

“Iron Man” star Robert Downey Jr. famously battled drugs for much of the 1990s before cleaning up and becoming one of Tinseltown’s biggest stars.

“Unfortunately there’s a genetic component to addiction and Indio has likely inherited it,” the concerned dad said in prepared statement.

“Also, there is a lot of family support and understanding, and we’re all determined to rally behind him and help him become the man he’s capable of being. “

The “Sherlock Holmes” actor actor even thanked law enforcement for coming down on Indio.

“We’re grateful to the Sheriff’s department for their intervention, and believe Indio can be another recovery success story instead of a cautionary tale,” Robert Downey Jr. said.

Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies rolled up next to a car with Indio inside and spotted him “apparently using the pipe,” smoking cocaine, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Sgt. Dave Valentine told the LA Times.

The car was pulled over near Santa Monica and La Cienega boulevards in West Hollywood at about 2 p.m., before Indio was allegedly found with cocaine, officials said.

The actor’s was booked into jail for possession of a controlled substance and released on $10,250 bail at 12:19 a.m. Monday, Sgt. Harry Drucker said.

Indio, whose mother is Robert Downey Jr.’s first wife, Deborah Falconer, has battled substance abuse before and did a stint in rehab last year, the National Enquirer reported then.

spotted him “apparently using the pipe,” smoking cocaine

Dumb question...wouldn't that make it crack?