Sign in to follow this  
Bette Davis

Christian Bale

Actor CHRISTIAN BALE is reportedly in talks to star in the next installment of the TERMINATOR movie franchise. The Batman Begins star is said to be interested in reprising the role of John Connor - a role originally played by Edward Furlong - in the forthcoming Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins, according to various internet reports. Bale's involvement in the new movie comes shortly after it was revealed action star-turned-California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger would not be appearing in the fourth Terminator film. But producer Moritz Borman refuses to confirm or deny rumours about Bale joining the movie's cast. He tells British film magazine Empire, "No comment. You can draw your own conclusions from that." However, Borman has dismissed claims Vin Diesel had been approached for a part in the film. He adds, "I can tell you that Vin Diesel is not somebody we're currently talking to." Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins is slated to hit cinemas in 2009.

contactmusic.com

*swoon*

Bale on Depp's trail in "Public Enemies"

By Borys Kit

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Christian Bale is in talks to join Johnny Depp in "Public Enemies," director Michael Mann's Depression-era crime drama.

An adaptation of Bryan Burrough's book "Public Enemies: America's Greatest Crime Wave and the Birth of the FBI, 1933-43," the Universal Pictures project follows the government's attempt to stop the criminals John Dillinger, Baby Face Nelson and Pretty Boy Floyd. Depp is playing Dillinger.

Bale would play Melvin Purvis, who led the FBI's manhunt for Dillinger and captured more public enemies than any other agent in FBI history.

It was Purvis who uttered, "Stick 'em up, Johnny" when he confronted Dillinger outside Chicago's Biograph Theatre in 1934, moments before the gangster was shot dead by FBI agents. Ben Johnson played Purvis in the 1973 movie "Dillinger."

Production is due to start later this winter in Chicago and other Midwest locales. The job is not expected to conflict with Bale's commitment to play John Connor in the fourth "Terminator movie, "Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins," which will follow "Enemies."

Bale will next be seen in this summer's Batman movie, "The Dark Knight."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Wenham, Graham join 'Public Enemies'

By Borys Kit

Feb 22, 2008

David Wenham and Stephen Graham have joined the cast of Universal's "Public Enemies," Michael Mann's gangster film starring Johnny Depp and Christian Bale.

An adaptation of Brian Burrough's book "Public Enemies: America's Greatest Crime Wave and the Birth of the FBI, 1933-43," the film centers on the government's attempt to stop John Dillinger and his gang. Depp is playing Dillinger to Bale's famed FBI agent Melvin Purvis.

Wenham is playing Pete Pierpont, a member of Dillinger's crew who has a violent hostility to all authority. British actor Graham will portray Baby Face Nelson.

Also in the cast are Marion Cotillard, Channing Tatum, Giovanni Ribisi and Stephen Dorff.

Shooting begins in March in Chicago.

Wenham recently finished production on Baz Luhrmann's "Australia," opposite Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman, for 20th Century Fox. He also appeared in the "Lord of the Rings" movies and "300." He is repped by Endeavor, Artists-Independent Management in the U.S. and Shanahan Management in Australia.

Graham ("This Is England") is repped by Kritzer Levine Wilkins Entertainment and in the U.K. by Independent Talent Group.

WB's 'Terminator' to open May 2009

McG film stars Christian Bale, Sam Worthington

Warner Bros. will open McG's Christian Bale starrer "Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins" on May 22, 2009, the start of Memorial Day weekend.

That puts two tentpoles on the same date, even though the release calendar for summer 2009 is still relatively open.

Twentieth Century Fox had already staked out May 22 for the bow of the Ben Stiller sequel "Night at the Museum II: Escape From the Smithsonian." First film grossed $250.9 million domestically.

Warner will distribute the pic in North America through a deal with Halcyon Co., which owns all franchise rights to the "Terminator" series.

The last film in the franchise, "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines," bowed in 2003 and grossed $150.4 million domestically.

"T4" begins lensing in New Mexico for two months on May 5. The state has become a favorite locale for producers because of its production tax incentives.

Storyline is being kept under tight wraps, but plot is part of a planned three-picture arc that begins after Skynet has destroyed much of humanity in a nuclear holocaust. A group of survivors led by John Connor (Bale) struggles to stop the machines. Sam Worthington ("Avatar") is in talks to star as well.

Theater Owners See Heath Ledger's Joker

By Stephen M. Silverman

The public doesn't get to see Heath Ledger as the Joker in the Batman adventure The Dark Knight until July 18, but movie-theater owners got a sneak peek Thursday

With Christian Bale starring as the Caped Crusader, Warner Bros. previewed the sequel to 2005's Batman Begins at ShoWest, a theater-exhibitors' convention in Las Vegas, the Associated Press reports.

During a bank robbery in the opening scene, Ledger's deranged clown-faced villain tells an accomplice, "I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you stranger."

Last November, the Australian actor said of his Batman character – a sardonic sociopath: "It's the most fun I've had with a character and probably will ever have. The movie itself is far exceeding my expectations. I think it's going to be a really fun movie to watch."

Unfortunately, of course, Ledger would never be afforded that opportunity. The Australian actor, 28, was found dead from an accidental prescription-drug overdose in his Manhattan apartment on Jan. 22.

Shortly after Ledger's death, Dark Knight director Christopher Nolan praised the actor for his screen presence and natural charisma.

With the film now being previewed, Nolan says of Ledger's role, "The psychopathic clown, that's an icon to stand with the guy with the ears and cape. It's just a wonderful visual relationship, and it's a terrifying image."

Christian Bale's Reaction

For his part, Bale, 34, admitted to watching the preview Thursday with a heavy heart, but said of his costar's performance, "I hope that this can be seen as a celebration of his work."

Ledger, said the Welsh actor, "did a phenomenal job. It was a real joy working with the man. It was a joy knowing him, as well. I liked him a great deal, and I liked also how seriously he took his work.

Christian Bale: Heath Ledger 'Did One Hell of a Job'

Originally posted Tuesday March 18, 2008 12:00 PM EDT

Echoing what other friends and co-workers have said about Heath Ledger, Dark Knight star Christian Bale says the late actor was "a joy" to work with.

"You know, I don't like kind of trivializing the tragedy in conjunction with an interview to do with the movie, which is clearly far less important. But Heath was a joy," the actor tells Entertainment Weekly. "He really was like that, because he was a very unique man. I enjoyed watching him work, working with him."

Bale, who plays Batman opposite Ledger's Joker, says that he appreciated his costar's professionalism and dedication to the comic book tale.

"What was so great to see with Heath is just how seriously he took it," says Bale. "And we don't mean in any way to sound sort of pretentious with that, but just in the fact that if we don't take it seriously, then how can any audience ever take it seriously? And he did one hell of a job."

After watching a recent Warner Bros. presentation with clips from the film, which hits theater July 18, Bale added, "It gave me goose bumps throughout, looking at Heath up there. And I just hope that this can celebrate him, celebrate his work."

Anton Yelchin Heading From 'Trek' to 'Terminator'

Christian Bale and Sam Worthington are already starring in 'Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins'

March 19, 2008

Fresh from playing Young Chekov in J.J. Abrams' "Star Trek" reboot, Anton Yelchin may play futuristic impregnator Kyle Reese in McG's "Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins."

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Yelchin is in negotiations (not to be confused with "final negotiations") to play Reese in the Warner Bros. distributed fourth "Terminator" film.

This will, of course, send "Terminator" obsessives back to their calculators to figure out the age difference between Yelchin and Christian Bale, who will be playing John Connor in the sequel.

In the 1984 James Cameron original, the Reese character was sent back from the future to protect Linda Hamilton's Sarah Connor, fathering her child, who would grow up to be his friend and savior of humanity John Connor.

The Reese Boys -- including brother Derek -- also played a major role in FOX's midseason drama "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles."

The trade paper says that in the new film, the younger Reese, one of the survivors of Judgment Day, befriends a Terminator cyborg played by Sam Worthington.

The trade paper says that with production on "Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins" scheduled to start in May, Paul Haggis is in negotiations to come in and do a polish on the script.

In addition to his upcoming "Star Trek" turn, Yelchin's credits include "Charlie Bartlett," "Alpha Dog" and the Showtime drama "Huff."

Christian Bale 'Wanted to Share' Dark Knight with Heath Ledger

Posted Image

Dark Knight star Christian Bale recalls his costar Heath Ledger as "intense" and "anarchistic" on the set of the set of the late actor's last movie.

"He was incredibly intense in his performance, but incredibly mellow and laid-back. Certainly there was this great anarchistic streak to it – just getting dirtier than anybody's envisioned the Joker before," Bale, 34, tells Details magazine.

Ledger died on Jan. 22 of a prescription-drug overdose at the age of 28. And Bale laments that the film "was something I wanted to share with him – and expected to do so."

"And I can't do anything else but hope that it will be an absolutely appropriate celebration of his work," he says. In earlier interviews, Bale commended Ledger on doing "one hell of a job."

Bale adds that he almost never donned the Batsuit at all because of a deep-seated fear in closed spaces.

"[i was] just thinking, 'This isn't going to work. I'm claustrophobic, I can't breathe, I'm getting a headache already, and this is all going to go very badly,'" he says.

But once he overcame his claustrophobia, the actor says, he went on to cheerfully perform much more dangerous feats.

"I was standing on the corner of the Sears Tower, on the outside, 110 stories up. I felt quite oblivious to it ... not fully aware that the blades were actually just feet from my head," he says.

Christian Bale 'Wanted to Share' Dark Knight with Heath Ledger

Posted Image

Dark Knight star Christian Bale recalls his costar Heath Ledger as "intense" and "anarchistic" on the set of the set of the late actor's last movie.

"He was incredibly intense in his performance, but incredibly mellow and laid-back. Certainly there was this great anarchistic streak to it – just getting dirtier than anybody's envisioned the Joker before," Bale, 34, tells Details magazine.

Ledger died on Jan. 22 of a prescription-drug overdose at the age of 28. And Bale laments that the film "was something I wanted to share with him – and expected to do so."

"And I can't do anything else but hope that it will be an absolutely appropriate celebration of his work," he says. In earlier interviews, Bale commended Ledger on doing "one hell of a job."

Bale adds that he almost never donned the Batsuit at all because of a deep-seated fear in closed spaces.

"[i was] just thinking, 'This isn't going to work. I'm claustrophobic, I can't breathe, I'm getting a headache already, and this is all going to go very badly,'" he says.

But once he overcame his claustrophobia, the actor says, he went on to cheerfully perform much more dangerous feats.

"I was standing on the corner of the Sears Tower, on the outside, 110 stories up. I felt quite oblivious to it ... not fully aware that the blades were actually just feet from my head," he says.

That was a good interview I missed. thanks.

As far as Terminator--without Arnold there is no terminator. The final one wrapped everything up nicely.

I detest Stephen Speilberg and all his works, but Empire of the Sun is one of my favorite films.

Reason 1: Not even the famous Speilberg syrup could overcome the nuclear, brilliant, twisted power of J.G. Ballard's vision. (I've devoured everything Ballard has ever written.) The book just overpowered anything Speilberg may have been intending to do. If you read the book, or were paying attention to the film, you know the "Sun" of the title is NOT the sun on the Japanese flag.

Reason 2: Curmudgeon that I am, I hate child actors. Christian, however, even at that age, was obviously Someone Different. Whether deliberately channeling Ballard, or whether he was just that weird on his own, I knew he would go on to better things, and he has. I watch everything he's in, including lighter fare like Metroland, which is pretty underrated.

Good idea for a double feature: Empire of the Sun and Cronenberg's Crash, sort of a before and after.

Yeah, I know that Ballard's parents were really with him in the internment camp (see The Kindness of Women and the new autobiography) but the scene in the sports park with the detritus of Western Civilization briefly washed out by the New Sun over Nagasaki literally happened.

Christian Bale talks parenting, privacy and “kindred spirit” Heath Ledger in the new issue of Parade. Here are some great excerpts:

Posted Image

Your co-star Heath Ledger, who plays The Joker, died tragically after the film wrapped. Do you mind talking about him? No, listen, I want to talk about Heath.

When you miss somebody, you want to speak about him. He was a unique character, a very infectious character. He was a good man, and I was glad to have spent time with him. He

was somebody who I’d been seeing on a daily basis for months. It takes a long time to accept that someone’s gone, when all body and mind are telling you that this is somebody you will know for a great deal of time. He was something of a kindred spirit to myself.

It must be difficult. Much of it has to do with my respect for his daughter, whom he loved so dearly and whom he would talk about so often. For me, that is of

incredible importance. I hope in a small way that The Dark Knight can be a celebration of his work. Not like the hideous circus after he died, which I felt was an invasion of

a private life. This movie is not a personal home video. This is what he did. I hope people will embrace that in the correct fashion.

Tell me about agreeing to do the next Terminator. I’ve always had two varying degrees of success, and I’m not talking about anything to do with box office. I’m talking about my own parameters. You know, an interest in attempting in a wide variety of stories. I never desired to be a big studio movie actor, action actor. I’ve never desired to be a serious independent movie actor. I enjoy all of those. It depends on what mood I’m in. And therefore, I will try to bend those stories into becoming something that I can enjoy myself, varying degrees of success with that. We have an opportunity with it for a continuation, but also a reinvention, and I have to say, much the same way in my mind as we have with Batman. And beyond that I won’t say anymore because we’re just starting. (Editor’s Translation: “No, I can’t talk about it.”)

from perezhilton.com

not good. if true very disappointed and he's off the "normal guy" list.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

They better be right about this or we smell a lawsuit on their hands!

The Sun is reporting that Batman himself, Christian Bale, has been accused of assault - by his own family!

Despite the charges against him, London police chose not to question the actor on Monday, the day of the London Dark Knight premiere, which he attended.

Bale is alleged to have lashed out on Sunday night at London's Dorchester Hotel.

His mother, Jenny, 61, and sister, Sharon, 40, went to a police station in Hampshire yesterday to lodge the allegation.

The matter was referred to the Met Police.

Detectives are expected to make attempts to question Bale today.

A Met Police spokesman said: “We can confirm we have received allegation from another force in relation to an alleged incident in central London.”

Did he hit his mom or his sister in some violent rage???? Was he drunk????

What exactly went down????

Hopefully we will have answers soon!

TMZ showed him leaving LAX (over the weekend?) with his family (does he have a small child?)

This is nuts. Maybe the family is deranged?

Well, apparently he's into heavy s&m... maybe he was just trying to beat his family to show that he loved them?!

No, but seriously, this is really sad to hear. I hope it's not true. I have ZERO tolerance for abusers.

Is this the same Perez Hilton who claimed a few months ago that he was 100% correct that Fidel Castro was dead? he went on and on and then...nothing. Is this the same one who said a major celebrity would be outed only to have it be John Mayer for kissing Perez one time, one bizarre-o night? I don't believe a word he says....I also love Christian Bale so I wouldn't want this to be true. But seriously, I take everything Perez says with a grain of salt

Is this the same Perez Hilton who claimed a few months ago that he was 100% correct that Fidel Castro was dead? he went on and on and then...nothing. Is this the same one who said a major celebrity would be outed only to have it be John Mayer for kissing Perez one time, one bizarre-o night? I don't believe a word he says....I also love Christian Bale so I wouldn't want this to be true. But seriously, I take everything Perez says with a grain of salt

But Perez is quoting the British press, and more rags than just the Sun are reporting this story. They may be only slightly more reliable than Perez though, so I think I'm just going to wait and see how this plays out, but it isn't looking good. I would hate hate hate for this story to be true.

Yes, he has a small daughter named Emmaline--Lainey had family photos yesterday or the day before I think. Totally adorable.

I just saw it on CNN, not that lends much creditablility to things anymore :ph34r: . Basically said he had been charged with assulting his mom and sister and the CNN commentator "just don't even know what to say about that." With a puzzeled look on her face :blink:

I just saw it on CNN, not that lends much creditablility to things anymore :ph34r: . Basically said he had been charged with assulting his mom and sister and the CNN commentator "just don't even know what to say about that." With a puzzeled look on her face :blink:

N ot that it makes the situation much better, but remember there is a difference between assault and an actual battery.