Lea

Miley Cyrus

My daughter and Miley share the same birthdate and Miley dresses conservative compared to the kids I see my daughter hanging out with.

Good move. Miley Ray sounds kind of country but Destiny Hope is nothing but trailer trash.

Hey! She's gonna need that name back when she starts stripping. She'll regret this, I tell you.

Haha! :lol:

Good point! Well, she can always change it back. :rolleyes:

ALL HAIL THE NEW BRITNEY

http://www.mollygood.com/all-hail-the-new-britney-20080326/

A top photo agency head is claiming the paparazzi’s relationship with Britney Spears is weakening. “Over the weekend, there were less than a half dozen [photographers] covering Britney,” according to BuzzFoto founder Brad Elterman. “Yet there were 30 in the pack covering Miley Cyrus.” Elterman says the reason is because these Britney regulars want something “new and fresh,” which sounds a lot creepier considering Miley’s underage.

Seems the paps aren’t interested in normalcy, and instead are preparing for the next breakdown waiting to happen. So when Jamie Spears said he was going to get all the bad influences out of Brit’s life, he meant it.

Miley Shops in Bev Hills - Paps go nuts. All Hail the New Britney, Indeed!

Miley Cyrus heads over to Beverly Center for some shopping with BFF Mandy Jiroux and mom Tish Cyrus on Friday at the edge of Beverly Hills, Calif.

The trio shopped at Bloomingdales, Diesel, Dolce, and Max Studio.

Also peep the video of Miley walking through craziness!

10+ pictures of Mandy, Miley and Tish in Beverly Hills 90210…

WTF is up with her face? Okay, at least in these pics she doesn't look 35 years old but there is still something really odd about this girl's face.

Posted Image

Link to more pics and a video of the pap-frenzy.

Just Jared

Edited by hedda_louella

Miley Cyrus Triumphs At Kids' Choice

Teen Powerhouse Wins 2 Awards And Performs At Annual Slime-A-Thon

(AP) It was the best of both worlds at Saturday's Kids Choice Awards for Miley Cyrus, who took home trophies for favorite female singer and TV actress and rocked the show with a spirited performance of her hit song, "GNO - Girls Night Out."

It was also a slime spectacle for the Nickelodeon children's television network, which broadcast the 21st annual show live from UCLA's Pauley Pavilion in front of 10,000 screaming fans, almost all of them teens and preteens.

At an outdoor event hosted by boxer Laila Ali and displayed on giant screens at the show, several stars did battle with the network's trademark green slime. Akon crashed a dune buggy into giant containers of the goo, Usher blasted a sumo wrestler several yards with slime fired from a cannon and supermodel Heidi Klum, attached to a bungee cord and wearing a specially equipped "butt spike belt," flung herself into a wall covered with slime-filled balloons.

"Don't try this at home," Ali said as Usher turned the cannon on the sumo wrestler.

The slime stunts and other assorted foolishness - which included a soundtrack of celebrities burping as an instrumental version of the Village People song "YMCA" played in the background - took up so much time that presenters never got around to announcing three awards.

The show always draws A-list stars who seem to enjoy the show as much as the screaming kids in the audience. No star is safe from the slime, as this year's victims Harrison Ford, Brendan Fraser and Orlando Bloom can attest.

In the categories that were announced, teen heartthrob Drake Bell was another double winner, collecting his third consecutive orange blimp-shaped trophy for favorite TV actor and another for favorite TV show for "Drake and Josh."

"Drake and Josh" upset Cyrus' hit program "Hannah Montana" in the TV show category.

Other winners were Eddie Murphy for favorite voice from an animated movie for "Shrek the Third," "American Idol" for favorite reality show and, one of the biggest crowd favorites of the night, the Jonas Brothers for favorite music group. The ever-polite Jonas Brothers each offered brief thank-yous. Chris Brown won for favorite male singer.

Ryan Seacrest accepted the reality show award saying he looked forward to presenting it to "two of the three" of the show's judges.

Cyrus, in a black dress with silver spangles, thanked several people, including her mother, father, agent, manager "and my lord and savior Jesus Christ."

She returned a few minutes later to perform her song, and had a camera crew scampering to get out of the way when she charged into the audience, microphone in hand.

The Naked Brothers Band also performed a song from their forthcoming album "I Don't Want To Go To School."

Cameron Diaz injected one serious moment into the 90-minute show when she accepted a silver blimp as this year's Wannabe Award winner, for the person kids most want to be like. After a montage of clips from both her movies and her efforts on behalf of environmentalism was shown, she encouraged the crowd to do their part to protect the planet.

"You're going to change the world. Every one of you kids is the future," she told the audience. "Everybody go out and make the world a better place."

Diaz, who was the first ever Kids Choice Awards burping contest winner, has long said that was the favorite of all her awards. She said this one trumped it.

Jason Lee accepted the favorite movie award for "Alvin and the Chipmunks" and said it was one of his biggest thrills.

"I'm going to hang this from the ceiling because it's the greatest award anyone could receive because it was voted on by the kids," he said as he held his blimp.

Awards are voted on by people who cast their ballots at Nickelodeon's Web site, with voting continuing until the day of the show.

The show's host, Jack Black, announced that 88 million votes were cast this year, more than twice last year's record number of 40 million.

The show concluded with Black and Bloom sitting in chairs high above the audience being drenched with what Black claimed was 27 million gallons of green slime.

Miley Cyrus Nabs Two Kids' Choice Awards

Us Weekly

Posted Image

Miley Cyrus was recognized for her multi-talents at Nickelodeon's Kids' Choice Awards Saturday.

The Hannah Montana star and Us Power Girl won awards for favorite female singer and television actress.

The 15-year-old – who had a No. 1 movie in February – also performed her song "Girls Night Out" during the telecast, broadcast from UCLA's Pauley Pavilion.

Jessica Alba won for favorite movie actress at the awards, which were determined by 88 million votes on Nickelodeon's website.

"I love Nickelodeon! I wore green today in honor of the slime," Alba – who's expecting her first child – said. "I love making movies for you all."

Cameron Diaz was presented with the Wannabe Award, which recognizes a celebrity role model. She asked the audience of preteens to say, "We are the future! And the future is bright!"

Chris Brown won for favorite male singer, the Jonas Brothers won for favorite music group and Ryan Seacrest accepted American Idol's award for favorite reality show.

Miley’s looking smiley

The Scoop

Time for the hard questions: Did Miley Cyrus get veneers?

Star magazine noticed that her “snaggletoothed smile” (the magazine’s phrase, not Scoop’s) now looks dramatically different. Namely, her bottom teeth seem straighter, and her “top front teeth are noticeably less prominent and her grin is much brighter overall.”

No comment from the Cyrus camp, but Star’s go-to dentist weighed in: “It looks as though she’s had some porcelain veneers put on her front teeth. And her small incisors appear to have been covered to make them look longer and more balanced with the rest of her mouth," Michael D. Kosdon, D.D.S., a Burbank, Calif., dentist told star Star. No word from the Cyrus camp on whether any dental changes did in fact take place.

Whatever. Someone needs to sit that girl down and tell her point blank - NO GUMS WHEN YOU SMILE.

That gummy look is hideous. I hope they fixed her teeth. I started calling her "Jaws" which is never a good sign.

Miley Cyrus 'Steps Up' To Dance Challenge

Disney superstar Miley Cyrus has filmed a dance video after she was challenged to a battle by the director of Step Up 2: The Streets. Filmmaker Jon Chu and the movie's star Adam Sevani posted a video on YouTube earlier this week in which they challenged the 15-year-old to a no-rules "online dance battle."

And now the Hannah Montana star and her best friend/back-up dancer Mandy Jiroux have stepped up to the dare, recruiting the movie's dance crew to join her in a choreographed performance set to Madonna's hit single "4 Minutes."

In the video, Cyrus and her company of performers, dubbed the "M&M Cru," are seen carrying out a series of impressive dance maneuvers, including back-flips. /WENN

Billy Ray and Miley Cyrus Warm Up for CMT Awards

Things might get a little dangerous at the CMT Awards on Monday night with Billy Ray Cyrus and powerhouse daughter Miley co-hosting.

"We did some promos a few weeks ago and they kept having Miley say all the real serious things and I'd just step in there and say, 'I wanna set something on fire!' " Cyrus tells PEOPLE. "We just went through this deal with these seatbelts and here I am doing promos for this award show, and all I say is 'I'm gonna set something on fire!' And I just said, 'Man, I'm going to get in trouble!"

Miley, meanwhile, has stayed in good graces, despite confounding her pop with her recent decision to legally change her name to Miley Ray. "I think that’s the first sign of someone flipping out!" says Cyrus, jokingly. “I tried to talk her into keeping her name as it was."

But, he says, he relented because he believes it was Miley's way of honoring her grandfather, Ronald Ray. "Miley would always end her concert show with this song called 'I Miss You' as an encore and the footage they would show is my dad riding a horse with him holding her. They were very close."

With their co-hosting duties, their hit duet “Ready, Set, Don’t Go” and a new Hannah Montana movie in the works, dad and daughter are famously tight, too – but Billy Ray insists he won’t be making any guest appearances on "The Miley and Mandy Show" on YouTube.

"I'm old-fashioned, man!" laughs Cyrus, who is in the process of writing and recording songs for a new album. “Quite frankly, I'm immersing myself in music and I don't have any time to mess around right now."

The CMT Awards – with performances by Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, Brad Paisley and more – will air at 8 p.m. ET on CMT.

Source: People

Billy Ray: "I Try to Be Miley's Best Friend"

As any parent — especially a parent of a teenager — knows, it's not always easy walking that fine line between protecting your children from the harms of the world and allowing them the freedom to learn those lessons for themselves. Now, imagine being the parent of the most famous 15-year-old on the planet!

So how does country singer Billy Ray Cyrus, who finds himself in this very situation with his daughter, Hannah Montana star Miley Cyrus, handle it all?

"It’s giving her room to be a kid," he explains. "Room to be a young lady and to grow and find her own path and do things her own way."

In fact, says Billy Ray, he hasn't really changed how he views his relationship with Miley. "I’ve always tried to be her best friend," he adds. "That’s what I continue to do now. She needs her space to do her thing, but I’m always there and I’m always a phone call away or a text. She always knows if she needs me, I’m there."

As for how Billy Ray and his wife of 16 years Tish keep their relationship together, he puts it quite simply: "We take it day by day, step by step." And while his answer elicits a groan of "That's deep" from Miley, the 46-year-old continues, "I can’t make up some big, fancy answer because there’s really not one. I wish I had something really profound to say that ‘this is how we do it,’ but quite frankly we play everything in our world by ear. Miley and I both do — we play music by ear, when we take the floor as actors, we kind of go with our instincts a lot. That’s what we do in life also. We play it by ear."

Source: ok-magazine.com

Miley Cyrus Refuses To Be A Prom 'Loner'

NASHVILLE, TN -- She may have been the belle of the ball while co-hosting last night's CMT Awards with her daddy, Billy Ray, but there's one grand event Miley Ray Cyrus will be missing out on this year - her own prom.

"I should be [going to prom], but I'm not," Miley told Access Hollywood's special correspondent Maureen McCormick on the CMT red carpet. "I am shooting my movie during prom days, so I won't be there."

The 15-year-old, who made it out for the CMTs despite a fever, said it is probably a good thing she isn't taking in high school's biggest night. She confirmed she's currently not dating anyone.

"I would be like the single loner at the back of the prom," Miley sighed. "That's the worst! I am not going to do that. That is like the worst. You shouldn't even go."

Though her single status and her movie career will keep her from prom, Miley's 103-degree fever (according to dad Billy Ray), didn't keep her from the CMTs. In fact, heading into the event, she said she was doing fine.

"I'm feeling so much better," Miley enthused. "I [had some] pressure to get better so I was popping vitamins. I was drinking so much tea just trying to get better and I am trying to keep myself paced so I don't, you know, relapse."

As any parent — especially a parent of a teenager — knows, it's not always easy walking that fine line between protecting your children from the harms of the world and allowing them the freedom to learn those lessons for themselves. Now, imagine being the parent of the most famous 15-year-old on the planet!

So how does country singer Billy Ray Cyrus, who finds himself in this very situation with his daughter, Hannah Montana star Miley Cyrus, handle it all?

"It’s giving her room to be a kid," he explains. "Room to be a young lady and to grow and find her own path and do things her own way."

In fact, says Billy Ray, he hasn't really changed how he views his relationship with Miley. "I’ve always tried to be her best friend," he adds. "That’s what I continue to do now. She needs her space to do her thing, but I’m always there and I’m always a phone call away or a text. She always knows if she needs me, I’m there."

As for how Billy Ray and his wife of 16 years Tish keep their relationship together, he puts it quite simply: "We take it day by day, step by step." And while his answer elicits a groan of "That's deep" from Miley, the 46-year-old continues, "I can’t make up some big, fancy answer because there’s really not one. I wish I had something really profound to say that ‘this is how we do it,’ but quite frankly we play everything in our world by ear. Miley and I both do — we play music by ear, when we take the floor as actors, we kind of go with our instincts a lot. That’s what we do in life also. We play it by ear."

Oh good. Another celeb parent who wants to be his kid's friend. She'll be doing speedballs and working the pole in 5 years flat.

Oh good. Another celeb parent who wants to be his kid's friend. She'll be doing speedballs and working the pole in 5 years flat.

5 years!? I'd lay odds that by the time she's 18 she'll have been through rehab. Maybe we should have a pool

More Racy Miley Cyrus Pics Surface

AOL

(April 21) -- Yet another batch of probably-meant-to-be-private photos of teen sensation Miley 'Hannah Montana' Cyrus have found their way on to the Internet, showing the 15-year-old starlet flashing a bra and laying across the lap of a male with her top pulled up.

While certainly scandalous simply because of her age, this wouldn't be the first time that mature photos of Cyrus have made their rounds. In the past, pictures of the singer-actress in underwear and bikinis also made headlines. JustJared has the photos.

Posted Image

In the past, photos of Cyrus in her underwear and wearing bikinis have "leaked" online, supposedly hacked from her MySpace page.

Going on 16, Cyrus seems to be at the crossroads that many child-turned-teen stars enter into, where their sugar-coated past collides with riskier teenage tendencies. With a performance at the recent 'Idol Gives Back' charity event, Cyrus performed a song while suggestively dancing and writhing on stage, causing many to question whether she's still kid-friendly. But this is nothing new, as Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera were both chastized for their blatant sexuality in their music and videos.

Despite the past and current photos, the Cyrus phenomenon doesn't seem to be slowing or losing any steam. Whether it's her concerts, movies or merchandise, sales only continue to increase as her fanbase grows.

Edited by ElleDriver

Idol Gives Back is, other than tabloid photos, the first time I've ever seen Little Chipmunk Cheeks. I expected a sort of wholesome, cheerful, teenaged singer. I was surprised at the adult sexuality in the performance, considering that she's 15 years old. "Surprised" is the wrong word, it was more like appalled.

I used to just think her face was jacked but if that's how she performs then it's more than her face.

Miley Cyrus plans to write memoir

Miley Cyrus, the 15-year-old teen idol better known as "Hannah Montana," plans to write a memoir about her journey to stardom, the Disney Book Group said on Tuesday.

The book, to be published by Disney-Hyperion Books and scheduled to hit bookshelves next spring, will trace her life from her roots in the Southern United States to Hollywood celebrity and will feature photographs from her famous family.

Cyrus is the daughter of country singer Billy Ray Cyrus, who rose to fame with 1992's "Achy, Breaky Heart. In recent years, Miley has rocketed to her own stardom as "Hannah Montana" on the Disney Channel's TV show of the same name about a girl who leads a double life as a teenager and singing sensation.

"I am so excited to let fans in on how important my relationship with my family is to me," Cyrus said in a statement. "I hope to motivate mothers and daughters to build lifetimes of memories together, and inspire kids around the world to live their dreams."

"Hannah Montana" ranks first among TV series on U.S. cable television for children aged 6 to 14 and reaches more than 164 million viewers worldwide, according to Disney.

Last year's "Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds" concert tour was a sensation, and a recent Disney movie of that tour was a box-office hit.

Disney Book Group and Disney-Hyperion Books are part of the Walt Disney Co.

Copyright © 2008 Reuters Limited.

Joe Jonas Defends Racy Miley Cyrus Pics: "No One's Perfect"

Posted Image

Joe Jonas insists he hasn't seen those risqué photos of a lingerie-clad Miley Cyrus that have been floating around the web the past few days.

"We’re good friends of hers, and we got her back and we love her to death,” he said on Yo on E! Tuesday.

His advice for the 15-year-old singer (who just inked a seven-figure book deal)?

“I think it’s just the way you come out of it," he said. "As much as they say, no one’s perfect and everybody makes their mistakes. I think it’s the way you handle it and come out of it the proper and respectful way."

When asked if any of the boys are dating, he replied, “Not, not yet, unfortunately.”

Still, he admitted, "There’s a few people that we would like to be gossiped about. That’d be nice.”

Such as....

“I’ve always had a crush on Emma Watson!” Joe confessed.

In the past, photos of Cyrus in her underwear and wearing bikinis have "leaked" online, supposedly hacked from her MySpace page.

She was wearing bikini's? How scandalous. I mean, no other 15 year olds ever wear bikini's :rolleyes:

Miley! Abigail! Zac! Top Teens Take The Bank In Hollywood

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --

They haven’t even graduated from high school yet, but already a ton of teens are making big bucks in Hollywood.

Miley Cyrus is one of the top earning stars still in school. According to People, at just 15, she’s earned $17.5 million from her tour alone. And with her big screen release, “Hannah Montana / Miley Cyrus: Best Of Both Worlds Concert Movie,” netting around $65 million, Miley will surely be able to afford plenty of her shopping weakness – Electra bikes, People reports.

At just 14, Angus T. Jones is already a TV veteran, having spent almost half a dozen years on “Two and a Half Men.” As a result, he reportedly takes home a hefty paycheck — $1.2 million a year, People claims.

And he’s not the only one bringing in the big bucks. Tyler James Williams, 15, from “Everybody Hates Chris,” reportedly also makes the same amount.

In the movie world, Abigail Breslin, 12, and Dakota Fanning, 14, earn salaries in the millions for each film they appear in.

Breslin reportedly cashes checks for $2 million a picture, while Dakota can take up to $4 million a project. But, People reports that neither girl has lavish spending practices. Abigail earns just $11 in allowance each week, while Dakota gets no allowance at all.

As for the older stars – as in just old enough to have graduated high school — Daniel Radcliffe, 18, is a top earner.

People reports that he’s expected to earn $50 million for the final “Harry Potter” films, while his co-stars, Emma Watson, 18, will bank $4 million, the same figure 19-year-old Rupert Grint is expected to fetch.

R&B star Chris Brown, 18, dances away with about $18.2 million a year.

Over in TV land, Hayden Panettiere, also 18, nets around $30,000 per episode of “Heroes,” but her product endorsements kick her end of year total up to around $5 million.

And Zac Efron, at just 19, will reportedly take in $3 million for “High School Musical 3.”

Copyright 2008 by NBC Universal, Inc.

Disney Pal Defends Miley Cyrus

People

By Eunice Oh

Miley Cyrus already has the support of the Jonas Brothers after several personal photos of the star leaked online, but she's also getting encouragement from someone else who knows what it's like to be in the spotlight.

"Miley is probably the most charismatic and strong 15-year-old I know," Brenda Song, 20, of Disney Channel's The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, told PEOPLE at the 2008 JCPenney Asian Excellence Awards in Los Angeles. "She brushes everything off with a smile. She is truly a diva – in a very good way!"

Song was also quick to defend the Hannah Montana star's photos. "I love Miley. I think she's a very talented actress and singer," she said. "Whatever she does in her personal life is her personal life.

People

By Eunice Oh

Miley Cyrus already has the support of the Jonas Brothers after several personal photos of the star leaked online, but she's also getting encouragement from someone else who knows what it's like to be in the spotlight.

"Miley is probably the most charismatic and strong 15-year-old I know," Brenda Song, 20, of Disney Channel's The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, told PEOPLE at the 2008 JCPenney Asian Excellence Awards in Los Angeles. "She brushes everything off with a smile. She is truly a diva – in a very good way!"

Song was also quick to defend the Hannah Montana star's photos. "I love Miley. I think she's a very talented actress and singer," she said. "Whatever she does in her personal life is her personal life.

Who? :huh:

Just kidding. We're totally the Disney Channel's bitch in my house. Preach it, London Tipton. Pass the plate!

But seriously, is Brenda Song really someone who is "in the spotlight"?

People

By Eunice Oh

Who? :huh:

Just kidding. We're totally the Disney Channel's bitch in my house. Preach it, London Tipton. Pass the plate!

But seriously, is Brenda Song really someone who is "in the spotlight"?

No, but I bet she's hoping that comments like this will help to get her there.

Miley Cyrus: I'm Sorry for Photos

By Stephen M. Silverman

Miley Cyrus issued a statement exclusively to PEOPLE on Sunday, apologizing for a series of playfully provocative photos that circulated on the Internet last week, as well as those from a racy, as-yet unreleased Vanity Fair photo shoot in which she appears to be nude.

The singer, 15, tells PEOPLE: "My goal in my music and my acting is always to make people happy. For Vanity Fair, I was so honored and thrilled to work with Annie [Leibovitz]. I took part in a photo shoot that was supposed to be 'artistic' and now, seeing the photographs and reading the story, I feel so embarrassed."

A source close to the singer tells PEOPLE that Cyrus is clothed but shown by renowned photographer Annie Leibovitz in such a way that that the teen appears to be topless.

In the photos that circulated on the Internet, Cyrus, her midriff exposed, is shown draped over the lap of her then-boyfriend, her producer's son. In another image, a hint of a green bra is evident. (Those photos alone prompted criticism from conservative TV commentator Bill O'Reilly, as well as words of support from the Jonas Brothers and a fellow Disney star.)

Cyrus goes on to say: "The pictures of me on the Internet were silly, inappropriate shots. I appreciate all the support of my fans, and hope they understand that along the way I am going to make mistakes and I am not perfect. I never intended for any of this to happen and I am truly sorry if I have disappointed anyone.

"Most of all," she says, "I have let myself down. I will learn from my mistakes and trust my support team. My family and my faith will guide me through my life's journey."

Disney Channel Statement

In its own statement about the Vanity Fair story, the Disney Channel, which broadcasts Cyrus's series Hannah Montana, said: "Unfortunately, as the article suggests, a situation was created to deliberately manipulate a 15-year-old in order to sell magazines."

Describing the photo session to PEOPLE, a source close to Cyrus reiterated the teen's excitement at working with Leibovitz, and also said of the shoot: "Her parents were there all day. [Father] Billy Ray shot, too."

Though Cyrus's parents left before the final shot, with Miley supposed to be appearing topless, the source said: "Miley's grandmother and her teacher were there when she shot it. Annie convinced them it was going to be artistic. Her parents are mortified. They know this is a learning moment for Miley.

"The photo suggests that she is [naked], but she is not. She is covered by a sheet, and beneath the sheet she is clothed. Originally, she was in a flesh-colored tank top but was asked to remove it."