Lea

Miley Cyrus

Britney Spears Offers Advice to Miley Cyrus

Britney Spears has reportedly offered her advice on being a young star to Miley Cyrus. Cyrus is currently in the center of photo scandal.

The 15-year-old Hannah Montana star says she is “embarrassed” of the Vanity Fair photo shoot in which she appears to be partially nude.

Sources claim that Spears, who is no stranger to bad media attention, has reached out to Cyrus and offered her support.

Britney is all too aware of the pressures of being famous so young and of having to maintain the image of a role model,” says an insider. “She has offered Miley her support and advice should she need it.”

Source: transworldnews.com

Oh yeah, because Britney Spears is the person you'd go to for advice about life - if at all possible. :wacko:

Her parents need to batten down the hatches and protect their daughter from all of this nonsense. And if they had any sense they wouldn't have let her pose for the photographs in the first place. No, they aren't Mapplethorpe but if you're not in control of your image then you are roadkill in this town.

Miley Thanks Fans for 'Support'

A week after her controversial Vanity Fair portrait was revealed, Miley Cyrus rocked the stage – and thanked her fans – at the Disney Channel Games concert Saturday night.

"I hope you had an awesome time," Cyrus told the crowd after performing her set. "I saw a sign back there that said, 'Miley, I'm praying for you.' I could not be more appreciative. Thank you guys for all your support. Without you, none of this would be possible. I love every one of you and I could not be more appreciative. God bless you."

Cyrus kicked off the night with "See You Again" and also debuted two new songs, "Fly on the Wall" and "Breakout," off her upcoming album, dropping on July 22.

Even the downpour didn't dampen the spirits of her fans, who stood in front of the stage and chanted "Miley" in between numbers.

The Jonas Brothers, the Cheetah Girls, Camp Rock star Demi Lovato and Jordan Pruitt also performed at the outdoor show, which capped off the week-long Disney Channel Games. The concert will air in July.

In preparation for her performance, Cyrus opted to skip Friday night's Disney Channel Games media party.

The hard work continued until just an hour before the show, when Cyrus – clad in a white tank top, white jeans and gold earrings – was spotted still putting the finishing touches on her routine and bouncing around on stage with her dancers.

Source: People

Timberlake Sympathises With Victim Cyrus

Pop star JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE has waded into the debate over MILEY CYRUS' controversial photo shoot in Vanity Fair magazine - urging people to stop "picking" on the teenager.

The candid snaps - which show 15-year-old Cyrus posing bare-backed, wrapped in a satin sheet - have caused outrage in her native U.S., forcing the singer/actress to apologise, and claim she was duped into the shots, which were taken by controversial photographer Annie Leibovitz.

But the SexyBack singer - whose first taste of fame was in Disney's Mickey Mouse Club when he was a child - is convinced the media deliberately target "wholesome" teen stars and attempt to create scandal around them.

Timberlake insists that although this practice has been going on for a long time, it doesn't make it right.

He tells MTV.com, "Of course they're going to pick (on) a wholesome, American, young female (for) the first sign of anything.

"Unfortunately, there's a picture of her that's published with her in just a blanket. And that's the photo, that's the catalyst. But that's also the age we live in. People want to take a photo, and that's who you are for a year's time. We've all become victims of that."

And the pop hunk admits he feels so sorry for Cyrus, he would love to defend her by making a fashion statement, joking: "I'm gonna make 'Leave Miley Alone' T-shirts."

Source: contactmusic

Hugh Hefner: Miley Cyrus Can Pose in Playboy When Legal

Posted Image

Playboy editor Hugh Hefner says Miley Cyrus will be "welcomed in the magazine" when she's of legal age.

Hefner, 82, told Extra that the 15-year-old Hannah Montana star is a "very pretty lady."

Last week Cyrus said she was "embarrassed" by a racy semi-topless portrait shot by Annie Leibowitz for Vanity Fair.

"I think to make such a big to do over something as innocent as those photos, I think is a reflection on how schizophrenic America is about sexuality," Hefner told Extra.

:blink: Wow, an offer of help from Brit and the promise that she can be in Playboy the minute she turns 18! Just what every 15 year old needs. :rolleyes:

The media are the ones who need to let it go already.

Miley Cyrus' New Singing Partner

Miley Cyrus is teaming up with—ready for this?—John Travolta.

Not only are they both voicing characters in the upcoming animated flick Bolt, but Travolta's wife, Kelly Preston, tells me they could be making music together.

"Johnny may sing with Miley," Preston said at yesterday's Step Up Women's Network's Inspiration Awards luncheon at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel.

Preston and Travolta's 8-year-old daughter, Ella, is a longtime Cyrus fan. They first met Cyrus when the Hannah Montana star was opening for Cheetah Girls during their concert tour about two years ago. "We [now] know Miley very well," Preston said, "and she's a sweetheart."

Preston hasn't seen the controversial Vanity Fair photo. "All I know is that I know her personally and she's a really good girl with a great head on her shoulders," she said.

Jamie Lee Curtis, who blogged on The Huffington Post last month that Cyrus' adult handlers are to blame for the Vanity Fair debacle, said the pressure on young celebs like the 15-year-old Disney Channel star has gotten out of hand. "There is absolutely no way I would have been able to survive show business if I came of age now," Curtis explained at the luncheon. "I'm 50 and I started acting when I was 19. If there was this kind of attention when I was 19 years old, I would never have survived."

—Additional reporting by Laura Lane

Copyright © 2008 E! Online, Inc.

John Travolta? Couldn't they get a younger singer??

How somebody who can sing, period?! :rolleyes:

Does this mean the Cyrus family are possibly connected to ahem, scieno's? :o

Page Six

May 16, 2008 -- MILEY Cyrus can't catch a break. Fresh off the Annie Leibovitz saucy photos debacle, it was announced that numbers for her hit show, "Hannah Montana," are tanking. And now, LA-based band Lustra claims Cyrus' song "Rockstar" sounds impossibly similar to their tune "Scotty Doesn't Know," off their album "Left for Dead." Lustra guitarist Nick Cloutman said, "Although we are very flattered that Ms. Cyrus took this route, we would have preferred some credit." The band is "considering various options to rectify this situation," he added. Cyrus' rep said, "She doesn't write the songs - she sings them. We have referred this to Disney."

Edited by alpierce

From MSN's Hot Gossip

With the Miley Cyrus tween juggernaut just one more non-scandal away from ending in a bonfire of Clearasil- and Bonne Bell Lip Smacker-fueled "Hannah Montana" merchandise, her best friend is trying to tamp down romance rumors. Mandy Jiroux, the Disney idol's pal and dance partner, insisted on Ryan Seacrest's radio show Wednesday that there's no truth to blog talk that Miley, 15, is dating a 22-year-old backup dancer, with whom she was recently photographed. "I don't know where they would get that," pooh-poohs Mandy of the legally questionable non-coupling. "She's not dating a backup dancer or a 22-year-old. She's totally single." Miley's rep adds to FoxNews.com that she and the hoofer are "just friends."

So what scandal do you think Miley's team is concocting next for her? Some sort of video with MC less then dressed, or perhaps she might say something really stupid that doesn't really mean anything (I don't really believe we went to the moon, JFK is still alive, women should be drafted too etc). I can't imagine what this girls psyche is going to be like by the time she can vote.

Edited by alpierce

If they're going for another PR blitz, a famous boyfriend for Miley would be the next logical step. I recommend one of the Jonas Brothers.

I'm just shocked by the story Branchop posted that referenced Bonne Bell Lip Smackers. We used those when I was a young girl. I can't believe they're still around.

If they're going for another PR blitz, a famous boyfriend for Miley would be the next logical step. I recommend one of the Jonas Brothers.

Been there done that - she "dated" Nick I believe.

Been there done that - she "dated" Nick I believe.

Oh really? :blink: Thanks, I had no idea. Shows you what I know about teen kings and queens. :rolleyes:

Well, I guess she could beard for Zac Efron. His current beard isn't doing much to raise his profile.

Miley Cyrus Wants to Make 'Cleaner' Sex and the City

Posted Image

Think she's a Carrie or a Samantha?

Miley Cyrus, who currently stars in the squeaky clean Hannah Montana, says she images another kind of television show to add to her growing resume.

"I'd love to do a younger, cleaner version of Sex and the City, the star, 15, tells TV Guide. Adds Cyrus: "I like to think of myself as the girl that no one can get, that no one can keep in their hand."

But don't expect too racy a concept.

Cyrus wears a purity ring like her friends the Jonas Brothers. "Even at my age, a lot of girls are starting to fall," Cyrus says. "And I think if [staying a virgin] is a commitment girls make, that's great."

Besides, Cyrus has seen her share of controversy this year following her much discussed photo spread for Vanity Fair. Still, the singer says she tries to keep a level head about everything.

"I want to be a positive role model, so we just try to keep [that stuff] as much not talked about as possible," she says. "I don't dwell on the negativity."

Up next for the young star: her film Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert airs on the Disney channel on July 26.

So I guess this means Miley is doing drugs, booze and guys, possibly all at the same time? Can you get arressted as a 15 year old for releasing a sex video, since such a video would be illegal? Just curious.

I just want to know who this 15 year old girl is sending all of those racy photos of herself to? Have you seen them on Perez Hilton? I know that they may be photoshopped. But if not, it's pretty awful.

Considering that we haven't seen any fully naked pictures of her (which I assume would be photoshopped), I think this is Cyrus herself releasing these photos. If it were a photoshopped photo, she would be fully naked and uncovered. They would definitely not be the Vanity fair type either. They would probably be pics even playboy would be afraid to print.

No matter how many apologies, or whoopsies, or any other proclamations of innocence from the Cyrus camp, I totally believe all of this crap is happening as the start of her transition from young goody two shoes to teen sexpot. She's got to have a bunch of younger girls hot on her heels to take over her current job as a role model for the teeny bopper set so she needs to move along quick quick like a bunny to the next rung on the ladder to stardom. You just know that fame whore Billy Ray is thoroughly enjoying his latest 15 minutes of fame and it's all because of her so he's pushing her along so his own star continues to shine.

I wouldn't want to be in her shoes for anything in the world.

I'd love to know how much of a cut of her salary he gets. I'm predicting a proclamation from Miley when she gets legal to keep Billy Ray's mitts off her dough.