Lea

Miley Cyrus

I just hate how every time a teen star dresses or acts sexually inappropriate (e.g. dancing with a stripper pole) a lot of people excuse the behavior by saying "she's just growing up." They did the same thing with Britney Spears back in the late 90s/early 2000s. Stripper poles are not a normal part of growing up. It's not a right of passage into womanhood. It's inappropriate.

And I'll say the same thing I said about Britney Spears back in the day. Miley Cyrus is being marketed to children. Without having child fans she wouldn't be able to sell her crap. So she, more than most teenagers, should not be overly sexualized (not that it's appropriate for any teenager but at least they aren't role models to millions of little girls.) This is just one example of how screwed up the entertainment industry is.

P.S. This is not meant to be a criticism of mothers with teenage daughters who dress inappropriately. I understand that you can't really control them at that age but in Miley's case, she has handlers and producers that are controlling her image. And her parents have some control in that they don't have to sign the consent forms for her to be able to perform. I think her parents are too blinded by dollar signs to care how their daughter is being portrayed. Like any good stage parents, they're pimping their daughter out and have been for years.

::stepping down from the soapbox now::

I just hate how every time a teen star dresses or acts sexually inappropriate (e.g. dancing with a stripper pole) a lot of people excuse the behavior by saying "she's just growing up." They did the same thing with Britney Spears back in the late 90s/early 2000s. Stripper poles are not a normal part of growing up. It's not a right of passage into womanhood. It's inappropriate.

And I'll say the same thing I said about Britney Spears back in the day. Miley Cyrus is being marketed to children. Without having child fans she wouldn't be able to sell her crap. So she, more than most teenagers, should not be overly sexualized (not that it's appropriate for any teenager but at least they aren't role models to millions of little girls.) This is just one example of how screwed up the entertainment industry is.

P.S. This is not meant to be a criticism of mothers with teenage daughters who dress inappropriately. I understand that you can't really control them at that age but in Miley's case, she has handlers and producers that are controlling her image. And her parents have some control in that they don't have to sign the consent forms for her to be able to perform. I think her parents are too blinded by dollar signs to care how their daughter is being portrayed. Like any good stage parents, they're pimping their daughter out and have been for years.

::stepping down from the soapbox now::

Amen. :1smile:

No offense taken. Believe me, my kids WANT to dress inappropriately, but we don't allow it. And I'm DEFINITELY not condoning stripper poles!! I was commenting on the person who said they doubted Miley was okay with the stripper pole. I disagree: based on experience, I think Miley thought that was way cool. She's 16. She thinks she's all grown up. She's a dork, like all 16 year olds.

No offense taken. Believe me, my kids WANT to dress inappropriately, but we don't allow it. And I'm DEFINITELY not condoning stripper poles!! I was commenting on the person who said they doubted Miley was okay with the stripper pole. I disagree: based on experience, I think Miley thought that was way cool. She's 16. She thinks she's all grown up. She's a dork, like all 16 year olds.

Just to clarify, my comment about people excusing the behavior using "she's growing up" was not directed at you although reading it over it looks that way. I've seen it on other sites and I remember those comments from the Britney Spears hay day too.

Anna - please google the "stripper pole" incident - watch the whole thing in entireity and give me you opinion.

This was done at the Kid's Choice Awards. The picture that is everywhere that displays this travesty is quite damning. However, after watching the video, I almost missed the "picture" instance.

I have two younger children. After watching it, I would have no problem with them watching it. In context I did not think it was sexualized at all, nor would it have even occurred to me that it was unless the media helped me out. I also don't have a problem with Miley's wardrobe. She never ever shows cleavage, her shorts are never butt cheek showing short, and I don't belive I have ever seen her midriff (unless of course she is in a bathing suit). My girls love her clothing line from Walmart ( I know I know but it's a mile up the road - and they go through clothes like water.) Other things at stores I have had to tell my girls they can't wear, but nothing - so far - that Miley endorses.

I don't like how sassy Miley is in her show. But for the most part, I have no problem with my little ones idolizing her. Miley does have boyfriends that I know about, my girls have no clue. There are no scandals with her at parties, drinking etc. She is a pretty clean kid. Britney came out of the hatch in a f*ck me Catholic school girls outfit. My eldest was idolizing her at the time. I had way more problems fighting off Britney than Miley.

I also agree with you Anna about the teenager thing. I have one of those as well ( freshman in college). What a slippery slope we climb every day to balance independence and trust with making sure they don't make all the wrong choices. And I have a great kids. I can't imagine how it would be with ones that get into or search for trouble.

Miley Cyrus stiffs Waiter At Outback Steakhouse

Miley Cyrus reportedly angered restaurant staff by failing to tip.

The 'Hannah Montana' star - who earned a reported $25 million last year - spent $70 on food for herself and her sister Brandi at the Outback Steakhouse in New York but failed to show her appreciation for restaurant workers.

A source said: "She pulled an envelope of money out and handed a $100 note over - but she kept all the change."

A spokesperson for the 16-year-old star claimed she had made a genuine mistake in failing to add a service charge.

She said: "Miley didn't know she was supposed to tip unless she was eating inside."

Meanwhile, Miley has urged her fans to follow her lead and stop using the internet so much.

The singer-and-actress - who posted a rap video on YouTube last week to explain why she was deleting her Twitter web account - said: "This isn't a personal attack on Twitter. It is not the only thing I am cutting back on. I just think kids all over the world could maybe take a little vacation from Cyberspace."

Miley has insisted boyfriend Liam Hemsworth did not force her to delete her account, but admitted he made her see she could use her spare time in other ways.

She wrote on her website: "I have very little free time and the moments that I do have I should be spending with my family and friends and loving every minute of their company.

"Liam is a wonderful friend and he did not try to make me delete my page, he just helped me realise how much time I was wasting on that site."

Source monstersandcritics.com

Branchop, we love Walmart too! And I can top your kids' affection for the Miley Cyrus line.... we really liked the Mary Kate and Ashely line. Seriously, you skeptics, it's really cute stuff!

She didn't know she was supposed to tip unless she was eating inside? What the hell kind of made up logic is that? The kid wasn't raised well - you learn about tipping from your parents (seriously - I had to teach my husband all about it, it just wasn't something his parents taught him - and they still stiff wait staff when we go out so we try to pay....)

As for Walmart clothing - no, I don't wear Miley Cyrus stuff, but their Norma Kamali knits are great, and I have some really nice organic cotton t-shirts from there too. Gak!

Miley Cyrus stiffs Waiter At Outback Steakhouse

Miley Cyrus reportedly angered restaurant staff by failing to tip.

The 'Hannah Montana' star - who earned a reported $25 million last year - spent $70 on food for herself and her sister Brandi at the Outback Steakhouse in New York but failed to show her appreciation for restaurant workers.

A source said: "She pulled an envelope of money out and handed a $100 note over - but she kept all the change."

A spokesperson for the 16-year-old star claimed she had made a genuine mistake in failing to add a service charge.

She said: "Miley didn't know she was supposed to tip unless she was eating inside."

Meanwhile, Miley has urged her fans to follow her lead and stop using the internet so much.

The singer-and-actress - who posted a rap video on YouTube last week to explain why she was deleting her Twitter web account - said: "This isn't a personal attack on Twitter. It is not the only thing I am cutting back on. I just think kids all over the world could maybe take a little vacation from Cyberspace."

Miley has insisted boyfriend Liam Hemsworth did not force her to delete her account, but admitted he made her see she could use her spare time in other ways.

She wrote on her website: "I have very little free time and the moments that I do have I should be spending with my family and friends and loving every minute of their company.

"Liam is a wonderful friend and he did not try to make me delete my page, he just helped me realise how much time I was wasting on that site."

It doesn't day she ate there. If she called in the order and picked it up from the bar - technically she is not suppose to tip. I always loved it when people would tip me anyway, but it is not expected. Unless of course you are getting an order for a really really rich kid :)

with her money she could tip even if she technically didn't have to...but I guess that would be the classy thing to do. and Miley isn't too classy is she? lololol

Timbaland's Cyrus Song

Miley Cyrus has recorded a duet with Timbaland.

The Disney star features on 'We Belong to the Music', the first song on the R'n'B singer-and-producer's third solo album 'Shock Value 2'.

Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry and The Fray also appear on the record.

'Shock Value 2' is due for release on November 24.

Meanwhile, 'Gravity' singer John Mayer has given Miley some career advice, praising her for deleting her Twitter account in an attempt to keep her "private life private".

The 32-year-old star said: "She's smart enough to realise there is some interference of the brain that she doesn't want to deal with.

"I think if you're in Miley's situation, it might take a little too much time to play goalie for your own heart and mind.

"It's difficult to be seen in the public and continue to be vulnerable as an artist. At 16 or 17 you got to keep learning, even if people are watching you. Just keep writing, keep working, keep developing."

Source contactmusic

Miley Cyrus Doesn’t Miss Twitter!

HAS Miley Cyrus been suffering Twitter withdrawal?

“I really haven’t missed it,” the 16-year-old Hannah Montana star, who quit the social-networking site earlier this month, said on 104.7 FM’s Johnjay and Rich Show in Arizona Tuesday.

“I thought I was going to miss it a lot more than I do, but I haven’t even really looked at other people’s, which is really weird. I don’t really miss it. It’s kind of odd.”

Cyrus says she’s been able to get some sleep now that she no longer uses the site.

“It was 3:30 or 4 in the morning. I couldn’t sleep. [i thought], ‘Maybe I could sleep if I wasn’t so friggin’ busy Twittering about not being able to sleep,’” she said.

Cyrus previously said she quit Twitter because she wanted to keep her private life private. She also denied she quit the site at the request of Australian actor Liam Hemsworth, her The Last Song costar and rumored love interest.

“Yo, it wasn’t because my friend Liam told me to/ Ya’ll know very well what you say I don’t do/ And the reasons are simple, I started tweeting about pimples/ I stopped living for moments and started living for people,” she said in a video posted to You Tube.

“Yeah, you write what you’re doing but who really cares/ If I’m playing with [my little sister] Noah or just doing my hair/ Everything that I type and everything I do/ All those lame gossip sites take it and they make it news.

“I want my private life private, I’m done trying to please/ I ain’t living for tabloids, I’m living for me. “No more emo quotes and feuds with Demi [Lovato]“

Source showbizspy.com

Cyrus: 'Swift, Lautner Romance Sounds Good'

Miley Cyrus has spoken out about the rumours that Taylor Swift and Twilight actor Taylor Lautner are dating.

According to MTV News, the Hannah Montana star told Chicago's B96 morning show that the pair would make a good couple if the speculation is true.

"I don't know [if they are dating]. I'm not into the drama. I have no idea, but I've known Taylor [Lautner] since I was really young," she said.

"When he did [The Adventures of] Sharkboy and Lavagirl, it was between me and somebody else, and then I ended up doing Hannah Montana so I've known him for, like, a really long time.

"I mean, if he's happy and if she's happy, sounds good to me."

Swift recently played down speculation that she is dating Lautner, but admitted that he is "an amazing guy".

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Role Model Miley Cyrus

Miley Cyrus doesn't want to be "an idol" for her young fans.

The "Hannah Montana" star insists she would rather be a role model who people look up to than an idealistic figure that teenagers want to be like.

She said: "If you look at me as a role model I agree with it. If you look at me as an idol, I don't agree.

"An idol for me is someone that you want to replicate. You want to be them.

"I don't wish that on anyone, to lose what they have personally, because that's when your spark goes."

Miley, 16 - whose controversial behaviour has included appearing in racy photos published in Vanity Fair magazine, dancing with a stripper pole during this year's Teen Choice Awards, and seemingly grabbing her crotch during a concert - also revealed she is planning to undertake charity work in Indonesia next year.

She told Britain's Daily Record newspaper: "I've been planning going to Indonesia since I was eight.

"It's something I've always wanted to do, and I was never old enough to go with my church when they all headed out there."

Miley was recently voted Worst Celebrity Influence by a teen website.

Miley Cyrus Fancies Penn Badgley!

MILEY Cyrus says she fancies Penn Badgley!

Speaking to Sweet! Radio Young Hollywood’s Zach Sang, the 16-year-old Hannah Montana actor confessed that she is “pretty obsessed” with the Gossip Girl star

“I just saw him in The Stepfather and I’m pretty obsessed with him to be honest with you!” she said.

“I didn’t know who he was and I went to see the movie as a joke, because the previews looked scary – not just because the guy’s hot!

“It was actually a good movie. Really creepy.”

Miley recently insisted she isn’t an attention-seeker.

“People will always say that I’m overworking, over exposed and want all this attention. That’s not true,” she said.

“I just want people to realize that I really am grateful for what I do and I do care about the fans. I can’t help if there are 40 photographers outside my house.”

Source showbizspy.com

Vampire Killer Miley Cyrus

Miley Cyrus hates the 'Twilight' movies - because she doesn't believe in vampires.

The 'Hannah Montana' star - who has just signed up with 'Twilight' producers Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey to star in 'Wings', a fantasy movie which is similar in plot to the 'Twilight' movies - doesn't get why so many people love the story about a school girl who falls in love with a vampire.

The 16-year-old singer said: "I've never seen it and I never will. I don't believe in it. I don't like vampires. I don't like the wolf that pops out of the screen when I'm watching my TV at night. I don't like it. I don't want anything to do with it. I don't like the shirts. I don't like any of it."

But Miley admits she is probably one of the only teenagers who won't be rushing to see the new film, 'The Twilight Saga: New Moon', when it hits cinemas this weekend.

She is quoted as saying: "I feel really lame because everyone's, like, so excited. I'm like, 'Don't even talk about it.' "

Miley Cyrus Teaches Her Sister, 9, How to Dirty Dance

MILEY Cyrus has been teaching her nine-year-old sister how to dirty dance.

The Hannah Montana star — who recently gyrated on stage at the Royal Variety Performance in Blackpool, UK, wearing only a tiny pair of leather hotpants while performing her hit Party In The USA — can be seen in a video clip urging Noah Cyrus to perform a routine to Akon’s Smack That featuring daring shimmies and pats to her butt.

The 17-year-old teen sensation — who has recently said she is keen to appeal to a wider, more adult audience — is used to shocking her fans.

Last year she appeared in a series of semi-nude photographs for US publication Vanity Fair and had to apologize afterward when fans deemed them inappropriate.

“I took part in a photo shoot that was supposed to be ‘artistic’ and now, seeing the photographs and reading the story, I feel so embarrassed,” Miley said at the time. “I never intended for any of this to happen and I apologise to my fans who I care so deeply about.”

In August this year she was also slammed for her dance routine at the Teen Choice Awards where she danced provocatively around a pole.

Source showbizspy.com

Miley Cyrus Blasts Angelina Jolie, Madonna

MILEY Cyrus has launched a scathing attack on stars like Madonna and Angelina Jolie for parading their children in front of the public eye at such a young age.

The Hannah Montana star, 17, told Irish TV show Xpose that she “really disagrees with it” as the children themselves have no say in that decision.

Miley also revealed that she bonded with Lady GaGa when they recently met at the Royal Variety Show in Blackpool.

“She told me to be whoever I want to be,” she said.

Miley recently taught her nine-year-old sister, Noah, how to dirty dance and posted the video on You Tube.

Source showbizspy.com

Miley Cyrus Reflects On Photo Controversy

Miley Cyrus has reflected on the controversy caused by her photoshoot with Annie Leibovitz two years ago.

The Hannah Montana star hit the headlines after she posed for Vanity Fair wearing only a sheet when she was 15 years old.

Speaking to Harper's Bazaar, she said: "Here, my parents are thinking they're seeing a beautiful picture by a major photographer, and the people of America want to see something dirty in that?

"It doesn't make sense to us because [my family] doesn't look for negativity. But people don't want to say, 'What a great performance' or, 'What a great shot'. No-one wants to look at something like that and see the positive because it doesn't sell a magazine."

Cyrus continued to say that she recognises her position as a role model, but added: "My job isn't to be a parent. My job isn't to tell your kids how to act or how not to act, because I'm still figuring that out for myself.

"So to take that away from me is a bit selfish. Your kids are going to make mistakes whether I do or not. That's just life."

Source digitalspy.co.uk

It's official: Miley Cyrus to quit 'Hannah Montana' in 2010

Miley Cyrus is to give up her Disney alter-ego Hannah Montana after the TV show's next season, network officials have confirmed.

The singer/actress has played Miley Stewart, a high school student leading a secret double life as pop star Montana, for three seasons - and the upcoming fourth will be her last.

The news ends speculation about the future of the franchise, which has also spawned hit movies.

Disney Channel Worldwide's senior programming vice-president Adam Bonnett says, "Right now we're scheduled to wrap after shooting this new batch of episodes... The (new) episodes will continue to roll out at least over a full year."

Production on the fourth season is set to begin on January 18 and end this summer, reports the New York Post.

source: http://www.sfgate.com

Cyrus Not Engaged To Hemsworth

A representative for MILEY CYRUS has shot down reports the HANNAH MONTANA star is engaged to boyfriend LIAM HEMSWORTH.

The singer/actress met Hemsworth on the set of new movie The Last Song last year (09) and they grew close as they filmed together in Georgia.

They spent New Year's Eve together in Australia - and Cyrus fuelled rumours the pair was preparing to seal its union when she was snapped with a diamond on her ring finger.

But Cyrus' rep has dismissed reports the 17 year old is to wed Hemsworth, telling GossipCop.com the rumours are "not true".

Source contactmusic

Miley Cyrus: 'Hemsworth Is The One'

Miley Cyrus has reportedly told her friends that she thinks boyfriend Liam Hemsworth is "the one".

The pair are to star alongside each other in new movie The Last Song, according to the National Enquirer.

The 17-year-old said: "He's the one. I think about him 24/7, I never want us to be apart."

A source added: "Miley's crazy in love with Liam, and keeps joking that 'Miley Hemsworth' sounds so fancy and sophisticated. He's totally swept her off her feet."

However, the Hannah Montana star recently quashed rumors that she is engaged to the Australian actor, who used to appear in Neighbours.

Source digitalspy.co.uk