Lea

Miley Cyrus

Kelly Preston Moved By Miley

Kelly Preston was "moved" to be asked to star in a film with Miley Cyrus.

The actress returned to work last summer - six months after the death of her 16-year-old son Jett Travolta, who passed away after suffering a seizure - to make 'The Last Song' following a personal request by the 'Hannah Montana' star.

Kelly - who is married to actor John Travolta - said: "I agreed because Miley asked me herself to play her mom. I was really moved. It was the perfect movie to sort of get my feet wet."

The 47-year-old star was regularly accompanied to the film set by her nine-year-old daughter Ella Bleu and was delighted with the way she was treated by cast and crew.

She told People magazine: "Julie Anne Robinson, the director, Adam Shankman, the producer and Miley took such great care of me. They were wonderful with my schedule. I just worked a little bit."

Source contactmusic

She should beware, they would love to get her into their group.

Miley Cyrus to quit music after next album

Miley Cyrus has promised to turn her back on music for good and concentrate on movies - insisting she's "done" with pop once her next album is released in June.

The singer/actress shot to international stardom playing schoolgirl-turned-secret pop star Hannah Montana, landing the part when she was just 12 years old.

She announced last year she only has one season of the hit Disney show left, admitting she feels "claustrophobic" because she has "grown out of" the role.

And it's not only her teen show she has outgrown - the star wants to leave the music industry for good and become a fully fledged Hollywood actress.

On the red carpet for her new film "The Last Song," Cyrus told reporters, "I've got a record coming out in June and then I'm done. I just want to work in movies. That's what I like and that's what I want to be doing."

Cyrus, daughter of country star Billy Ray Cyrus, has released three albums to date: "Meet Miley Cyrus," "Breakout," and "The Time of Our Lives." Her fourth and final record is titled "I Can't Be Tamed."

Source:SFgate.com

I've read she's got 4 movies lined up. The first movie starts shooting in July and Demi Moore is one of her co-stars.

Well, let's just see how well all these movies actually do. I have a feeling once the disney aura is off, she will fade into obscurity like her dad.

I generally don't imbibe of the Cyrus. But she was smoking something funny recently. You know, all kids go through this, but you think this video was released on purpose to shed the good girl image or is she really just a moron?

Edited by alpierce

I generally don't imbibe of the Cyrus. But she was smoking something funny recently. You know, all kids go through this, but you think this video was released on purpose to shed the good girl image or is she really just a moron?

She's probably paving the way for the inevitable sex tape.

I vote moron with a sex tape already made and waiting. As for her friends off-camera = :threeblindmice:

I vote moron with a sex tape already made and waiting. As for her friends off-camera = :threeblindmice:

I agree. Who in her shoes wouldn't know to stop her friends from doing a video of herself doing a bong hit? I think it is kind of sad, though. She seems bound and determined to dump her Disney image and is doing it HER way rather than investing in a good brand professional. Or, at least, I hope there is no grown-up orchestrating this....

Has she issued any sort of response to the video being leaked? It's possible that she just doesn't care if people see her smoking salvia since it's legal. Judging by the frosted flakes, I'm guessing salvia wasn't the only thing being smoked. :4biggrin:

TMZ has learned ... Miley Cyrus' people knew weeks before the "bong" video surfaced that it existed, and tried to bury it.

Miley Cyrus Cover Up

Sources tell TMZ ... a college student who came into possession of the video contacted one of Miley's reps shortly after Thanksgiving, asking if the rep wanted his copy. We're told money was discussed, in exchange for turning over the video.

Sources say Miley's camp sent a man in his 40s to the student's college campus in the San Luis Obispo area. The student gave the man his MacBook Pro which contained the "bong" video ... in return the man gave the student a new MacBook Pro. We're told no money changed hands, though we don't know why.

And we've learned ... Miley's camp did the same computer swap with another student who also had a copy of the video.

In the end, Miley's people couldn't scoop up all of the copies.

This seems to allude to the fact that whatever she was smoking- weed or salvia- she did before her 18th birthday. Illegal substance either way. I guess it doesn't matter in the end. What is kind of sad is that no one in her family/representation seems to care what she does and haven't since she did the semi naked cover. I hope someone has the sense to have a talk with her now, if they haven't already, because she is now at a crossroad with her brand/image.

I don't imbibe of the Cyrus as I've said, but the thing that always annoys me is that they make it seem like her people were at fault because they couldn't come to a deal. Now, I could care less what she wants to smoke, snort or inject. But I just can't stand it when the the gossip makes it seem like it's her people's fault instead of hers. Actually, I don't consider it a fault. If she wants to smoke or do whatever, I don't really consider it bad in any way. I figure she is smart enough to know that this could have longterm health effects. but I could really care less. I'm not making a value judgement. However, when you write Miley's camp sent someone instead of writing Miley sent someone, to get the video back it somehow makes you think she wasn't involved at all when it was her very actions that brought all the hoopla about. and for TMZ to write this, someone had to tell them this, Isn't that right Miley?

For crying out loud Miley, just own it. If you want to do drugs, do drugs, if you don't, then don't. But making it seem that your people are somehow at fault when it's your own actions that caused all the hoopla is just stupid.

I agree al - own it if you want to do it. I just have to say, though: she must be the MOST ANNOYING person on the face of the earth to hang out with. No wonder they sent that video everywhere.

That screeching voice, that clear need for attention: "Is that my boyfriend? OH MY GOD, IS THAT MY BOYFRIEND? Is that Liam? Is that my boyfriend? Is that Liam???"

If I were there I think I would have taken that nice big bong and hit myself in the head with it rather than listen to another second of that horrific sound.

Being old like I am, I'd never heard of salvia before this. And because of that, every time I read a story about it, I always read it as her smoking "saliva" and, well, that's just gross. :blink:

I think Miley is on her way to being Lindsay Lohan Jr.

I agree. I've watched a couple of episodes of her show and I honestly don't think she has much staying power. After everyone forgets Hannah Montana, I think she will wind up on a reality show. For whatever reason, it seems to be extremely hard for TV actors to transition to film. I'd love to know what acting coaches think of her. She might do better as a singer, but only the ones with a pretty good voice seem to have any staying power. Anyone can be trained to sing. People with voices that sound like a cat tied to the frame of a bike while the spokes hit its behind can be trained to sing. But would you really want to listen to them?

Being old like I am, I'd never heard of salvia before this. And because of that, every time I read a story about it, I always read it as her smoking "saliva" and, well, that's just gross. :blink:

I think Miley is on her way to being Lindsay Lohan Jr.

I second your entire post!

People with voices that sound like a cat tied to the frame of a bike while the spokes hit its behind can be trained to sing. But would you really want to listen to them?

:4biggrin:

I actually do believe she has staying power. :blink:

Reasons being:

She has a huge fan base(of girls, tweens)...

She can actually sing at least in Pop or Country circles.

The marketing of her toys, clothing, bedsheets (maybe bongs next),merchandise is brilliant...in that it is damn near imposssible to not see young girls without something Hannah Montana splashed all over it.

Age. She's not yet 20...so she's young enough to recover and possibly adopt another persona. She's been trying to cross into edgier fare with the pole dancing and young teen love movies.

However where she is teetering close to Britney Spears territory (I called that downfall...even though some Superfans didn't want to believe it)...is either she is not listening to her handlers or she doesn't have good handlers to help her. If she had good handlers, that video should've never seen the light of day...the videos of her singing (ba dump, bump), as well as the bong video, even if she is just being a teenager.

I have to disagree with you on the tween girl fanbase. This is the most fickle audience in the history of audiences. In a couple of years Billy Ray will be looking to his youngest to keep the revenue streams open. Also, the walmart where I live already discounts all the Hannah MonTana merch. They are side by side with the Icarly stuff

Edited by alpierce

I have to disagree with you on the tween girl fanbase. This is the most fickle audience in the history of audiences. In a couple of years Billy Ray will be looking to his youngest to keep the revenue streams open. Also, the walmart where I live already discounts all the Hannah MonTana merch. They are side by side with the Icarly stuff

I think finding a new audience via syndication will be a key factor here a la the Olsen trolls. Granted, they moved on to other endeavors long ago but unfortunately "Full House" will probably never die.

How long before Miley turns les ?

she's got the hair style,

Wow, do you know any actual lesbians? Because those I know have hairstyles as varied as, um, all women :rolleyes: