HoneyBunny

Movies You Have Walked Out On

I walked out of Moulin Rouge (my ears are scarred forever from that godawful music) and Once Upon a Time in Mexico (which was just a piece of shit on every level despite that Johnny Depp was in it.) I will never understand the love for MR. I really thought it was terrible.

The Lady In The Water...fell asleep on it, then left when the kid was talking to Cereal Boxes.

I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry...left to watch The Simpsons, which also sucked.

Almost walked out of The Phantom Menace, but stuck around.

I almost posted a separate list for films I have fallen asleep on. I definitely remember sleeping on Phantom Menace too! that movie really sucked!!! :angry:

Phantom Menace = sedative. me too. :rolleyes:

i remember going to the movies with a friend and we saw "kiss the girls" because there were no other movies starting at the time we were there (we were like 12/13) and we saw it. i remember having no concept or understanding of the movie. i think we snuck out and saw "I know what you did last summer" instead.

I walked out of my own home after watching an hour of Chuck and Larry.

I don't like Adam Sandler as much as the next person, but walking out of you own home? Damn... :blink:

I don't like Adam Sandler as much as the next person, but walking out of you own home? Damn... :blink:

:D That must be one badass awful craptacular movie!!!! Never seen it and don't plan to. Thanks for the warning. Hope you weren't too scarred by the experience. ;)

:D That must be one badass awful craptacular movie!!!! Never seen it and don't plan to. Thanks for the warning. Hope you weren't too scarred by the experience. ;)

I was embarrassed to watch it because the script was so awful. I thought with Sandler and Kevin James, the comedy would have been crackling, but instead it just made me cringe.

Hey, we all get snookered sometimes. Going to see a movie is like a crap shoot and you might wind up seeing ...well, crap. :unsure: That's why I started this thread. Just let it go and move on. Try catching a real good film by watching something on Turner Classic Movies cable channel. TCM rocks!!!! :lol:

I walked out on Choke last weekend. It was horrible. My friend liked it, but that's coming from a guy. Perhaps it's more of a guy's movie.

But the main character I hated, the whole story I hated. They even tried to make something like dimensia a joke. It was just vulgar and horrible.

I just saw this on the pay channel the other day and it reminded me of this thread. Dan in Real Life, starring Steve Carrell. From the moment I guessed she would say Anna Karenina in the book store to the improtu excercise sequence I could not take anymore. As she<Juliet Binoche> bent over, I stood up and walked out.

Youth Without Youth, I didn't walk out on it but I almost did. I expected more from Francis Ford Coppola, but the film was long, boring and had a stupid premise.

I walked out on Sin City: it was my third time and I really forgot I had an appointment with a friends.

Does it count?

I am actually counting on walking out on The Spirit.

I took "Wanted" out of my DVD player after 25 minutes of crap dialog & that bad CG car chase/ really bad CG of the kid getting crammed into the passenger seat :rolleyes: walked it right back to Blockbuster. Does that count?

I am not a Jolie fan, but she was the least offensive thing in that 25 minutes.

Agreed. I heard it's Battleship Earth baaaad. I'm fitting my running shoes as we speak! :D

Hell, the coming attractions for The Spirit made me want to bolt! :D ( I was so traumatized by it, I had to start my thread about why I can't see it...)

About "Wanted", yeah, it was terrible. It was hundreds of rats eating stinky moldy cheese bad! It was bad in real stupid sloooooooooooooooooooooow motion! :P

Agreed. I heard it's Battleship Earth baaaad. I'm fitting my running shoes as we speak! :D

Bobby, I actually sat through Battleship Earth in a movie theater. I watched it...and it was really the worst thing I have ever seen. I am sure The Hottie and the Nottie was better. For my defence, I would say that I watch battlefield earth because it was the only thing I did not saw in the theater. And it was shot in Montreal with some Canadian actors I knew.

As for the Spirit, it is a total Sin City Rip off. I know that Frank Miller created both of them but still a little imagination would have been great ( and although I love Sarah Paulson, I will not go watch it...). And you need to be able to direct actors...if you are not able to do that don't bother direct.

Pop this one in the way-back machine....

Nothing in Common with Tom Hanks and Jackie Gleason. I was in, like, junior high and thought it was a comedy.

I probably snuck into Space Camp for the 80th time after leaving that one! :wacko:

How about movies where we didn't bother to finish the dvd? I rented Burn After Reading and between 3 of us, we could not force ourselves to finish it. Great cast, great potential but a total bomb in my book.

How about movies where we didn't bother to finish the dvd?

Let's see, that would include "Crash," the Zach Braff movie where his character cheats on his wife/girlfriend, "Man Bites Dog," and "Trainspotting." Theemperor actually took "Trainspotting" back to Blockbuster and demanded a refund because I was so upset. There's actually a trend in that list, excluding the Braff movie, which just sucked. I hate movies which endanger children to drive home some dramatic point.

I wish I turned off "Starship Troopers" and "Eyes Wide Shut." What a waste of time those movies were!

Oh, and I never did manage to stay awake through "Napoleon Dynamite." :unsure: (Sorry!)

How about movies where we didn't bother to finish the dvd?

Let's see, that would include "Crash," the Zach Braff movie where his character cheats on his wife/girlfriend, "Man Bites Dog," and "Trainspotting." Theemperor actually took "Trainspotting" back to Blockbuster and demanded a refund because I was so upset. There's actually a trend in that list, excluding the Braff movie, which just sucked. I hate movies which endanger children to drive home some dramatic point.

I wish I turned off "Starship Troopers" and "Eyes Wide Shut." What a waste of time those movies were!

Oh, and I never did manage to stay awake through "Napoleon Dynamite." :unsure: (Sorry!)

I was with you until Trainspotting...lol. I think it's a great flick...and I guess it doesn't hurt to be an Ewan Mcgregor fan, either. :4biggrin:

Zach Braff, I do not get. At least Scrubs is ending and will not have to see him again.

I was with you until Trainspotting...lol. I think it's a great flick...and I guess it doesn't hurt to be an Ewan Mcgregor fan, either. :4biggrin:

Well, I don't want to give away key parts of the movie. Basically, when I watched it, I had a baby in the house, and maternal hormones and emotions being what they are, there was a certain point after which the movie was utterly unwatchable for me. Theemperor was angry because he had rented this great film for us to watch in a rare quiet time, and instead of relaxing he was left with a wife who was a sobbing wreck.

So, to be fair, I think "Trainspotting" had plenty of artistic merits, unlike the other titles I mentioned. I was enjoying it, up to a certain point. That one scene, though, was so unnecessary (I had already gotten the message -- drugs suck!), and because of it, I have no interest in knowing how the film ended.

Well, I don't want to give away key parts of the movie. Basically, when I watched it, I had a baby in the house, and maternal hormones and emotions being what they are, there was a certain point after which the movie was utterly unwatchable for me. Theemperor was angry because he had rented this great film for us to watch in a rare quiet time, and instead of relaxing he was left with a wife who was a sobbing wreck.

So, to be fair, I think "Trainspotting" had plenty of artistic merits, unlike the other titles I mentioned. I was enjoying it, up to a certain point. That one scene, though, was so unnecessary (I had already gotten the message -- drugs suck!), and because of it, I have no interest in knowing how the film ended.

Ok, I got it...Yeah, the part you were referring to was very disturbing. Never thought of how that would effect parents. It's interesting how movie scenes can effect people differently.... :blink:

Just curious, anybody walk out on a Summer flick yet? :P

I haven't but I've been VERY selective (and pretty low on funds :( ) so I've only paid cold hard cash for movies I REALLY WANTED TO SEE (like Wolverine) and/ had waited for good buzz (like The Hangover).

Movies I have Stayed Away From:

Terminator 4

The Proposal-Sandra Bullock

Transformers 2

Land of The Lost

Whatever Works-Woody Allen

Harry Potter 5 (?)

(mostly sequels & stuff that I feel like I've seen before)