HoneyBunny

Movies You Have Walked Out On

Honey's list just reminded me ~ I think that with the exception of Annie Hall, I have rarely made it through any other Woody Allen movie. The man creeped ime out in his films years before Mia and he ever had problems.

Trainspotting ~ Excellent film but yikes - tough to watch. We should make a list of excellent movies we would never watch a 2nd time ever! Silence of the Lambs would be on that list for me. But as for Trainspotting, I liked the match up of Danny Boyle, Ewan McGregor and Robert Carlyle. It caused me to keep an eye out for those 3.

I just returned Marley & Me without watching it because I just don't have enough kleenex in the house.

I don't think I've ever walked out on a movie but I've turned off a few at home. One that comes to mind is A Night at the Roxbury, which wasn't even stupid funny. I took it back to the video store late and when I went to pay the overdue fee the guy behind the desk cleared my charges because, as he said, "Nobody should have to pay twice to see that."

As for an excellent movie I'd never watch again, I would say Requiem for A Dream. Great performances but so disturbing.

I couldn't finish "War of the Worlds" (the Tom Cruise version). And not because it sucked, but because it was so disturbing to me. I just cannot watch movies with mayhem like that- all I can think about is of something like that would really happen, millions of people would be terrified and die horrible deaths. I turned it off at the part with ferry after I couldn't stop sobbing hysterically.

Yeah, I understand. I love John Cusack but there was NO WAY I was going to see 2012. I just can't stomach films about mass extinction & group death; I find it very disturbing and dehumanizing and plain sad. All that collateral damage where the background humans just die in an instant bothers me. I can't focus on the main characters because i am so upset about the lesser characters who just don't have a chance. :bawl:

my 1st rant of the Summer 2010 Blockbuster season; well it's not really a rant. :smileapprove: thing is, I went to see Knight & Day starring Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz mainly because there's a heatwave in Philly and I was playing hooky from work and my a.c. is on the fritz. :unsure: I was at the theater for the matinee discount, $9 (whoopee? -_- ), and all the other films had scores of loud camp kids .........so I kind of picked this flick for the wrong reasons anyway.

Now the film:

1-it was cute, too too cute- Tom could do no wrong and it was just stupid easy for him to do anything. It was like watching McGyver AND The A-Team on SPIKE TV and I desperately wanted some commercials

2-plot was pointless & uninteresting

3-waaaaaaaaaay too many close-ups of Cameron Diaz; did she get plastic surgery? :blink: um........EW!

4-THIS IS THE FILM"S MAJOR FLAW: they kept having Cameron get knocked out or drugged so they could cut to another scene; it seemed like such LAZY immature writing, and the scenes would get blurry and slowly fade out........I thought maybe the film was broken or the projector person was screwing around; and having Cameron waking with the same clueless facial expression with her screeching, "Where am I?" "What happened?" Just became tedious. :angry:

BUT then I found myself looking at the screen and feeling woozy..........next thing I knew, I was in a fantastic deep dark refrigerated sleep :D . I awoke a few hours later, it felt like 3 hrs but it was shorter, Tom was in a bed after apparently being drugged/knocked out and HE was asking where HE was....... thankfully, about 5 minutes later the film ended.

Funny thing is, I didn't feel cheated or angry. :P My body was so frozen and relaxed. Besides I had no expectations about this flick and they definitely didn't seem to care.

So there you have it. If it had been cooler outside or if other adult fare was available to sneak into or if the theater wasn't swamped with rowdy loud summer camp kids and if my air conditioning had been working- I would have walked out on this movie or never gone to see it. BUT it lulled me into a phenomenal sleep- truly, I was so bored and uninterested, it was like hypnosis............ It cured my insomnia!!!!!!!!! :banana: So should I give it some props? :3huh:

PEACE

You know what, the 1st time I saw it on Netflix- I cut it off without finishing it. It totally freaked me out and frustrated me. But I watched it again, months later and learned to appreciate it. :P

The Last Airbender was pretty damn close. That would've been the second M. Night Shyamalan film (first being "Lam-ey" In The Water) My friend begged me to leave...so as a result, she will have me sit through Eclipse...

So far, the consensus is that M NIGHT SHAMALAMALYN (?)'s :unsure: Avatar movie based on the NIckelodeon cartoon (?) is vomit worthy. :angry3: :tantrum: :BangHead:

I work with kids and EVERYONE- kids, teens, preteens, parents- EVERYONE HATES this movie. FACEBOOK rants are stabbing it to death!!!

I've heard people say it was racist, stupid, dumb, boring, that it had crappy special effects, not worth the extra $ for 3-D, and was just plain AWFUL!

I was so proud when one of my students said he stomped out and snuck in to see Toy Story 3 instead. He LOVED that film. :smileapprove:

Oh, and be careful seeing Eclipse. Even though rabid fans of the franchise are singing its praises, a friend told me that when she went to the IMAX theater they charged her $17.50, well she TRIED cause she turned around and left. I've never been to an IMAX film so I was shocked by the price too. I can't believe How much money Eclipse will make from it's locked in book readership alone. <_< It doesn't matter that it's a silly cheesy lame franchise.

When I was younger, 3-D movies were just 3-D with NO EXTRA CHARGE for the glasses or for the "special effects" used to create the film. -_- Between IMAX & 3-D, it seems Hollywood is just making craptastic films look even worse and making it easier for disgusted audiences to decide to "wait for it to come on cable". :4biggrin:

I should have walked out on Star Trek last year just on principle. Action sequences and special effects aren't enough to make me continue watching a movie at home, but I figured I paid 10 bucks so . . . I don't like that JJ Abrams tried to make Star Trek into Star Wars, but I think I'm in the minority on this one.

Iron Man II was another film I really didn't care for. But I figure that since I already spent the 10 bucks I felt I should suffer through my own bad choices

Edited by alpierce

Iron Man II was another film I really didn't care for. But I figure that since I already spent the 10 bucks I felt I should suffer through my own bad choices

Totally agree. Iron Man 2 sucked the big one...do people even use that term anymore? Oh, well...I'm bringing it back!

A boyfriend and I walked out on Forever, Lulu (an 80's movie with Blondie in it). My now 12yo son and I both wished we'd walked out on A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I turned off Bewitched about ¼ of the way through it. I would have turned off Moulin Rouge had I realized that it really wasn't going to get any better, even after all of the hype.

saw a note somewhere in a magazine saying they are remaking the film Judge Dredd

Holy Shit!!!!! I had blocked that awful movie out of my mind.......starred Sylvester Stallone in an ugly joyless dreary boring nasty little crapfest :bawl:

I walked out after a while -_-

I was so disgusted I didn't even sneak into another movie, I just ran out the theater

there's no way in hell I even want to try the new one, sorry :flag: