Sign in to follow this  
princess

AEROSMITH

histar.comAEROSMITH are doing their good deed for the holidays. The first 2,000 people who bring a minimum of one standard-sized grocery bag of non-perishable food to the Los Angeles Forum will receive a pass to attend the sound check for the band's Thursday show. Fans will also receive a coupon for a discount to that evening's concert. The food will go to local homeless charities.

http://www.sfgate.com/columnists/dailydish/ BUCKNER AND TYLER SPLIT Papa Roach drummer Dave Bruckner has split from his model wife Mia Tyler. Buckner, 29, and 26-year-old Tyler wed during an Aerosmith concert in Las Vegas in 2003. Tyler's representative Emily Olsen says, "After taking steps toward trying to improve their marriage, Mia and Dave have mutually decided that their lives are heading in different directions and they each want different things for their futures." Tyler is the daughter of Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler and the half sister of "The Lord of the Rings" actress Liv Tyler.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060310/en_mus...lt=AjXmCJ0fVO...

By Sarah Hall

Fri Mar 10, 6:56 PM ET

It seems that Steven Tyler is feeling less than F.I.N.E fine.

The Aerosmith frontman has reportedly come down with an unspecified

illness that has forced the veteran rockers to cancel a string of

recent tour dates.

No details of Tyler's ailment have been made public and no notice of

the cancellations has appeared on the band's official Website. Though

published reports have identified Tyler as the ailing band member, the

band's spokesperson stopped short of a confirmation.

"I know there?s illness in the camp," Shazila Mohammed, tour press

director, said in a statement. "Beyond that, I can?t say."

On Saturday, the aging Rock and Roll Hall of Famers bowed out of an

appearance in Pensacola, Florida just hours before they were scheduled

to take the stage at the Pensacola Civic Center.

"The show was here, there were 18 trucks and 13 buses and everything

was ready to go," civic center spokesperson Cyndee Pennington told the

Pensacola News Journal. "But Aerosmith wasn't even in town. But their

tour manager was in the venue and he told us."

On Tuesday, the band pulled a similar stunt before an appearance in

Lexington, Kentucky, canceling an appearance at Rupp Arena just 15

minutes before they were due to touch down at the local airport.

"We had an 11 a.m. phone call telling us he [Tyler] was fine," arena

spokesman Carl Hall, director of arena management at Rupp, told the

Lexington Herald-Leader. "Everybody breathed a sign of relief. Then the

sigh became a gasp. The band was flying here, they were in the air,

when whatever was going wrong with Steve Tyler messed up again."

Without giving further explanation for the no-show, the band reportedly

turned its plane around and returned to their hometown of Boston.

But even after returning to familiar stomping grounds, Aerosmith was

not prepared to perform their concert in Manchester, New Hampshire, on

Thursday. On Friday, came word that the band was also canceling a

Sunday appearance in Hershey, Pennsylvania.

There were no plans to reschedule any of the shows, though refunds for

the tickets were available at point of purchase.

Aerosmith is next slated to appear Wednesday in Wilkes-Barre,

Pennsylvania. The current tour is scheduled to wrap up April 9 in

Vancouver.

Per Billboard, Aerosmith is the number three tour in the country,

behind U2 and Bon Jovi.

Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler will undergo surgery on his throat later this week, but continues to deny rumors he is battling cancer. The Walk This Way rocker is thought to be suffering from strained vocal cords and has canceled the remaining 12 dates of the band's North American tour. Tyler, who celebrates his 58th birthday on Sunday, is refusing to elaborate on his health, but admits he will be unable to sing for up to three months after the operation. A spokesperson for the rocker refused to reveal Tyler's ailment, but says, "Despite Aerosmith's desire to keep the tour going as long as possible, Tyler's doctors advised him not to continue performing to give his voice time to recover." The band currently has no plans to reschedule canceled dates. [iMDB]

New Guitar Hero gives sweet emotion to Aerosmith fans

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Activision Inc on Friday unveiled a new "Guitar Hero" video game focusing on the rock band Aerosmith, taking the billion-dollar franchise in a new direction.

Called "Guitar Hero: Aerosmith," the new game will arrive in stores this summer, a surprise to many analysts and fans who had expected the next title to come out closer to the year-end holiday shopping season.

Aerosmith, known for hits such as "Dream On" and "Sweet Emotion," is the top-selling American rock band of all time, with sales of 66.5 million albums in the United States alone.

The game will feature about 30 Aerosmith songs as well as others from various acts that have opened for the band. The price has not yet been set.

"The premise is that it's going to cover the 30-plus years of the band, from high school all the way through the rock superstardom of today," Kai Huang, head of Activision's RedOctane unit, which guides development of the franchise, told Reuters in an interview.

In the "Guitar Hero" games, players try to press colored buttons on a guitar-shaped controller in time with notes cascading down the screen. If the notes are hit, the song plays properly, and the player earns points.

Since the original "Guitar Hero" was released in late 2005, the series has gone on to sell more than $1 billion. Depending on the version, a bundle including the game and a controller costs from $80-$100, while the stand-alone game costs $40-$60.

When Activision reported quarterly earnings last week, analysts grilled the company on its plans for the franchise, expressing concern that sales would slow this year because many players who bought earlier versions with guitars would opt to buy the lower-price stand-alone game disks.

Huang said Activision had not yet decided whether it would offer a special controller with the Aerosmith game.

NEW DIRECTION

The focus on a single band marks a new twist for the franchise, whose three main titles featured dozens of artists spanning classic rock, grunge, metal, punk and other rock subgenres. Last year, Activision also released "Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s" with songs from that decade.

"It's just a completely new way to interact with this music and with Aerosmith, and we think there's more opportunity to do that in the future," Huang said.

By spotlighting a single band, the company has also come up with a way to counter rival music game "Rock Band" from Viacom Inc unit MTV and Electronic Arts Inc, Activision's top competitor.

"Rock Band," which includes drums and a microphone as well as a guitar, each week has offered new songs that can be downloaded to consoles like Microsoft Corp's Xbox 360 and Sony Corp's PlayStation 3.

The music industry is eyeing "Guitar Hero" and "Rock Band" as a way to revive flagging sales. "Rock Band" and "Guitar Hero 3," both launched last fall, have together sold millions of songs at about $2 each via download.

Speaking of Aerosmith's willingness to work on the project, Huang said: "They recognize that it can deliver their music in an innovative and new way. It's a new distribution platform for them."

To recreate the sense of attending an Aerosmith concert, developers held motion-capture sessions with band members, including energetic frontman Steven Tyler and lead guitarist Joe Perry.

"As you play," Huang said, "you're going to be seeing Joe and Steven doing their moves onstage."

Steven Tyler 'Quits Aerosmith'

Steven Tyler has quit Aerosmith, according to the band's guitarist Joe Perry.

It comes just months after the singer spoke out publicly to dismiss reports the band was on the verge of splitting following a year of cancelled tour dates, injuries and accidents.

In August (09), Tyler broke his shoulder after falling off stage while performing in South Dakota, and the group was forced to scrap the remainder of its summer tour.

Perry admitted that following the accident he and Tyler didn't speak for more than a month, prompting rumours the band's future was in jeopardy.

And it seems fans' fears were justified - guitarist Perry has revealed his pal has left the rock group after its performance as part of the Formula One racing season's final weekend in Abu Dhabi last weekend (01Nov09).

He tells the Las Vegas Sun, "Steven quit as far as I can tell. I don't know any more than you do about it. I got off the plane two nights ago. I saw online that Steven said that he was going to leave the band. I don't know for how long, indefinitely or whatever. Other than that, I don't know."

Perry claims the discord in the band is down to Tyler's lack of communication, including his failure to return phone calls: "He's notorious for that. That's one thing I've learned to live with. I try to overlook it. I like to pick my battles.

"Frankly, the last few months I've been wanting not to rock the boat. I don't want him cancelling any more gigs. We really wanted to do these last four. We just kind of didn't want to call him out or anything and get him anymore p**sed off, for whatever reason. So we just let things lie. So we did the gigs and, like I said, I got off the plane and saw this online. That's how I know about it... He has had no contact with me or the other band members."

But Perry is determined to continue with Aerosmith, even if Tyler refuses to return.

He adds, "Right now I'm adjusting to how we're going to go on. Aerosmith is such a powerful band, I mean it's like a steam locomotive. You just can't disregard 40 years of four guys who play together as well as they do. We're just trying to - at least I am - trying to figure out what direction the band should take.

"As far as replacing Steve, it's not just about that, it's also four guys that play extremely well together, and I'm not going to see that go to waste. I really don't know what path it's going to take at this point, but we'll probably find somebody else that will sing in those spots where we need a singer and then we'll be able to move the Aerosmith up a notch, move the vibe up a notch."

Source femalefirst

Aerosmith's Joe Perry: Band not breaking up

Aerosmith's lead guitarist Joe Perry says the legendary rock band isn't breaking up — although they need a new singer.

Perry said on the micro-blogging site Twitter late Monday Aerosmith is "not splitting up" but "looking for a new singer to work with" amid speculation about the band's future and the role of front man Steven Tyler.

Tyler has been quoted as saying he is considering a solo career.

Perry tweeted one of the band's members "is doing his own thing and said so in the press. That's all I know."

Tyler could not immediately be reached for comment.

The 61-year-old Tyler was injured when he fell off a stage during an Aug. 5 performance in South Dakota, and the band canceled the remainder of its summer tour.

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...L#ixzz0WTYTeOAY

If Journey was able to find someone who sounds very much like Steve Perry, then I'm sure they can find someone to replace Tyler who sounds like him too. Doesn't make me happy about the situation but I can't blame the rest of the group wanting to continue on with the Aerosmith name recognition.

Edited by Hihomumio

If Journey was able to find someone who sounds very much like Steve Perry, then I'm sure they can find someone to replace Tyler who sounds like him too. Doesn't make me happy about the situation but I can't blame the rest of the group wanting to continue on with the Aerosmith name recognition.

Amen, Hihomumio. May the train keep a rollin...all night long. And may Steven get the help he so clearly seems to need.

Aerosmith Drummer: 'Perry Was Misquoted'

Aerosmith drummer Joey Kramer has claimed that bandmate Joe Perry was misquoted regarding Steven Tyler's departure from the group.

Guitarist Perry recently said that Tyler had left the US rockers and that they are planning to continue without him.

However, Kramer told US radio station WPLR that the comments had been taken "out of context", but did not confirm if the singer has exited.

"My partners have been misquoted and their comments have been taken out of context," he explained. "I'm not going to make a statement about that on the radio. I'm going to make a statement about it in person."

Kramer went on to say that Aerosmith have not broken up. "No, the band didn't break up," he added. "We've gone through a lot of stuff together. It's been a 40-year marriage."

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Steven made a surprise appearance during Joe Perry's show at the Fillmore in NYC where he declared that he was the rainbow, motherf*cker! According to Rolling Stone, Steven jumped out of Glamberace's asshole and shouted, “I just want New York to know, I am not leaving Aerosmith. Joe Perry, you are a man of many colors. But I, motherf*cker, am the rainbow!”

We all should all be soul jizzing over this news. Not because we care that Steven Tyler is in Aerosmith or not. But because if he left, he probably wouldn't have proclaimed that he is indeed the rainbow, motherfucker. Seriously, from now on we need to address him as: "Motherf*cker, The Rainbow!"

Dlisted

Video at Rolling Stone

Rolling Stone

Edited by Endora

Steven Tyler says he's sticking with Aerosmith

By Gary Graff, Billboard

Nov 11, 2009, 03:01 PM ET

DETROIT -- Steven Tyler said that he is "not leaving Aerosmith" as he made what appeared to be a conciliatory guest appearance with guitarist Joe Perry and his band Tuesday night at Irving Plaza in New York.

Tyler joined Perry and his Project for an encore version of "Walk This Way." Before the song, he told the crowd, "I am not leaving Aerosmith," and told Perry, "you are a man of many colors, but I am the motherf---ing rainbow!"

The appearance followed several days of online sniping and fan speculation about the future of Aerosmith in the wake of a Tyler interview with Britain's Classic Rock magazine, in which he said that his next project was "definitely going to be something Steven Tyler: working on the brand of myself -- Brand Tyler."

Perry interpreted that to mean Tyler was leaving Aerosmith; he told the Las Vegas Sun that "Steven quit as far as I can tell" and subsequently tweeted that Tyler "is doing his own thing and said so in the press. That's all I know."

On Monday, Perry tweeted that "Aerosmith is definitely NOT breaking up" and that the group is "positively looking for a new singer to work with. You just can't take 40 years of experience and throw it in the bin!" He followed up with a declaration that "Aerosmith is not splitting up. Promise that's the last you'll hear from me on the subject till we gear up again." His only subsequent messages have been about the Joe Perry Project tour in support of his new solo album "Have Guitar, Will Travel."

No one is yet saying, however, whether Tyler's announcement that he's "not leaving" Aerosmith changes the group's intention to look for another singer.

Aerosmith last performed during October in Abu Dhabi after canceling a North American tour with ZZ Top following Tyler's fall from the stage on Aug. 5 in Sturgis, S.D. The singer, who has separate management form the rest of Aerosmith, is expected to publish an autobiography in 2010 (pushed back from a planned release this year) but has not announced plans for any musical endeavors outside of Aerosmith.

The group began recording a new album -- its first since 2004's "Honkin' on Bobo" -- in 2008 but had to abandon it after Tyler fell ill.

Aerosmith at a crossroads? Who knows?

Aerosmith's guitarist Joe Perry says the future of the band is still uncertain.

Perry said Wednesday that he thinks front man Steven Tyler wants to take some time off from the band - even though the two appeared together on a New York stage.

"As it stands, Steven wants to take a couple years off and do some of whatever he wants to do and the rest of the band wants to keep working," Perry said in a telephone interview.

"The band is a really well-oiled machine and we're going to work one way or another and I don't know what form that's going to take," he added.

Tyler's publicist, Kim Estlund, said the 61-year-old rock star was not going to issue a statement about Perry's recent comments.

The status of the band - which also includes Joey Kramer, Brad Whitford and Tom Hamilton - has been the topic of rumors since Tyler was quoted as saying he was considering a solo career. Perry tweeted late Monday that Aerosmith was "not splitting up" but "looking for a new singer to work with."

The rumors of a potential breakup seemed to be quashed Tuesday night when Tyler joined Perry and his band for their encore at a concert in New York City. According to Rolling Stone and Billboard magazines, Tyler told the crowd: "I am not leaving Aerosmith," and then he and Perry performed "Walk This Way."

But in his interview, Perry said he was stunned to hear that Tyler was outside his dressing room as he rested before the encore. He said he hadn't been in recent contact with Tyler.

"He was the last person I expected to see," Perry said. "You never know with him. Every time I figure I've got him sussed, he always does just the opposite."

Of Tyler, Perry added: "I think over the last few years he's just kind of drifted away from the band's goals and plans, and really without communicating that stuff to the guys."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...c#ixzz0WpvoYmBl

Steven Tyler Back On Drugs?

Steven Tyler's bandmates fear he is taking drugs again.

The future of Aerosmith has been thrown into doubt after the singer said he wanted to take a year off to pursue a solo career, but the frontman's bandmates are "suspicious" of his current behaviour.

Guitarist Brad Whitford said: "I suspect there's a lot more going on than we know about. He has a well-documented history of drug abuse, and I find myself very suspicious. I haven't seen him do this or have any personal knowledge, but the isolation is very typical of addictive behaviour, and his - what I call - irrational behaviour."

Drummer Joey Kramer also urged 61-year-old Steven - whose daughter is Hollywood actress Liv Tyler - to seek help and "get healthy".

Joey said: "Steven has made some poor choices as of late, and he's got some bad influences around him, and I think that for the most part he's his own worst enemy. I just really hope that Steven puts the focus on Steven and gets healthy."

A spokesperson for the 'Crazy' singer - who gave up heroin after completing a stint in rehab in 1986 - is not commenting on the drug claims and insists Steven is busy writing a book.

Source monstersandcritics.com

Kravitz Won't Walk This Way With Aerosmith

Lenny Kravitz has shot down reports he is set to take over from Steven Tyler as Aerosmith frontman, insisting the singer is irreplaceable.

Tyler left the group earlier this year (09), announcing plans for a two-year hiatus, but his bandmates are determined to continue without him and are currently considering replacement singers for a 2010 album and tour.

Former Geffen Records executive John Kalodner, the man behind the legendary group's 1980s comeback, recently urged the crestfallen Aerosmith bandmates to sign Kravitz to take over from Tyler.

But although the rocker is "flattered" by Kalodner's comments, he's adamant he would never consider stepping into Tyler's role.

On his Twitter.com page, Kravitz writes, "As much as I am flattered that Aerosmith's camp would consider me to front the band, Steven Tyler is a family friend, and no voice could ever take the place of his. I hope the band stays together. They are classic".

Source femalefirst

Tyler Cancels Gig, Stays In Rehab

AEROSMITH frontman STEVEN TYLER has cancelled a planned solo show at the end of the month (Jan10) to give himself more time to kick his addiction to painkillers.

The singer checked into a medical facility last month (Dec09) to get help for his dependence on prescription drugs, which he succumbed to following years of injuries sustained on stage.

Tyler was due to appear at a charity event in New Hampshire on 23 January (10) for a solo show, titled Dream On, An Intimate Evening with Steven Tyler, to raise money for good causes.

But the gig has now been scrapped and organisers hope to rearrange it once the star is fully recovered.

Kat Strange, communications director for Child and Family Services, one of the show's sponsors, tells Blabbermouth.net, "Our agency and the people working with the artist's management all agree that we want to reschedule this date. Given the serious health concerns Mr. Tyler is facing, you just can't pick a day, but that's Plan A."

Tyler was previously admitted to rehab in 2008, when he entered a program to help deal with an addiction to painkillers following an operation on his feet.

Source contactmusic

Steven Tyler wows karaoke bar with Aerosmith tune

Steven Tyler has made his first public appearance since checking into rehab for drug abuse - at a Palm Desert karaoke contest.

The former Aerosmith rocker made a surprise appearance at the Tilted Kilt pub in California on Tuesday night and even agreed to belt out his 1998 hit "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" after cheering on revelers who tried to hit the high notes.

Tyler was accompanied by his publicist and two bodyguards, according to local newspaper The Desert Sun.

Karaoke organizer Mike May tells the publication Tyler was "very gracious and very kind".

He recalls Tyler offered to take the stage when two fans who attempted the Diane Warren-penned "Armageddon" theme were booed off.

May says, "All of a sudden, near the end of the song, he grabbed the mic and started singing. The whole frickin' bar surrounded him and he just started singing the whole thing."

"It was, like, one of those moments - a (karaoke) club DJ's dream come true."

The rocker's chosen rehab has never been disclosed, but reports have suggested he checked into the fabled Betty Ford Clinic in Rancho Mirage, California in mid-December seeking treatment for a dependency on prescription drugs following years of injuries sustained on stage.

source: http://www.sfgate.com

Steven Tyler Serenades Shoppers

Steven Tyler shocked shoppers at a US hardware store by serenading them with two of Aerosmith's biggest hits last weekend.

The rock star - who checked into rehab in December - launched into a cappella versions of 'Dude Looks Like a Lady' and 'I Don't Want to Miss a Thing' over the loudspeaker system at a Californian Home Depot store this weekend, shocking staff and shoppers.

A source told website TMZ: "Steven also swallowed a few mouthfuls of gas from a helium machine, for blowing up balloons, and kept singing in a high pitched Bee Gees style. He was very relaxed though, and happily signed autographs for anyone who asked."

The troubled star is currently on hiatus from Aerosmith after a rocky few months with the group. He entered rehab last month to seek treatment for an addiction to painkillers, which comes from years of orthopaedic injuries.

The other members of the group have said they are looking for a replacement, but have no idea if it will be on a permanent basis or not.

Guitarist Joe Perry said: "We're going find somebody to get in there and fill that spot. We'll play Aerosmith songs. Maybe we'll do five shows, maybe we'll do 20 shows, I don't know. And hopefully sometime Steven will come back."

Steven's impromptu performance was not the first time he has exercised his vocal chords in public recently.

Earlier this month, he reportedly turned up at a karaoke bar in Palm Springs, California, where he joined locals in a rendition of 'I Don't Want to Miss a Thing'.

Mike 'DJ Kermie' May, who hosted the event, said: "All of a sudden, near the end of the song, Steven grabbed the mic and started singing. The whole bar surrounded him and he just started singing the whole thing. Karaoke will never get better than that."

Source monstersandcritics.com

Aerosmith Saved By Crisis Talks

Rockers AEROSMITH managed to mend their relationship with frontman STEVEN TYLER and save the band by sitting down for crisis talks in February (10).

Tyler stunned his bandmates last year (09) when he announced his plans for a two-year hiatus before quitting the group.

The musicians immediately embarked on a mission to find a new singer to allow the band to continue touring, but their plans were thrown into chaos when Tyler's manager, Skip Miller, threatened to sue Aerosmith if the rocker was replaced.

Just two weeks after Miller's warning, the band appeared back on track, announcing dates in Europe and South America over the summer (10) with Tyler at the helm.

Bassist Tom Hamilton reveals the group managed to put the feud behind them by sitting down for a meeting and talking through their problems.

He tells the Boston Herald, "There was management there. (We were) all lawyered up. There was a lot of sort of reconciling and processing feelings and stuff. Everyone said how they wanted things to be in the future and it became clear that, for everybody, the coolest thing to do would be to resolve things with the band.

"The phone was ringing. People wanted to see the band. We finally realised, even with all the BS (bulls**t) flying around, that there was a beautiful thing right there if we had enough sense to grab it."

And Hamilton praises Tyler for his decision to enrol in rehab to treat an addiction to painkillers, because the band wouldn't have survived if he hadn't sobered up.

He adds, "(It was an) intensive sobriety treatment (program). He took a really big step and it was really great."

Source contactmusic