Sign in to follow this  
MSQueen

Morgan Freeman

The June Vogue (I just read this weekend) has a pictorial with Freeman & model Lara Stone. Wouldn't have thought twice about it any other time, but he's hugging her and she's gotta be 50 years younger....He's playing Nelson Mandela in a movie soon. This report (of the "relationship" with his stepgrandaughter) hasn't seemed to get much airtime, so maybe there's nothing there? Fingers crossed, right??

Well, The Enquirer is the only publication that's running with the story thus far.

Although lately, it does seem that they are right more often than not on these things too.

MORGAN FREEMAN SET TO WED GRANDDAUGHTER E'DENA

Posted Image

In a blockbuster World Exclusive The ENQUIRER has learned exclusively that Morgan Freeman plans to marry his step-granddaughter, family sources reveal.

In our June 29 issue, we revealed that sources close to the 72-year-old actor claim that he had carried on a shocking, nearly decade-long affair with his 27-year-old step-granddaughter, E'Dena Hines. She is the granddaughter of Morgan's first wife - whom he and his estranged second wife Myrna raised since she was a young child.

The long-secret relationship led to the breakup of Morgan's marriage, say sources close to Freeman and his wife.

Now, The ENQUIRER has learned that Morgan and E'Dena are planning to wed after Morgan's contentious divorce battle is over!

"Morgan has led her to believe that he wants to marry her," a family insider told The ENQUIRER.

"Becoming Mrs. Morgan Freeman has been E'Dena's goal," revealed another family source.

Wife Myrna, 68, has admitted that she and Morgan have not shared a bed since 2001, and that they had an open marriage - with both Morgan and Myrna having other partners. For years, Morgan carried on an affair with former schoolteacher Mary Joyce Hays at the same time he was romancing E'Dena.

Years later, when Myrna realized they were still intimate, she became so enraged that she threatened to sue E'Dena as "correspondent, as an adulterer, in my marriage".

WTF ?????? there is something perverted about all of this!! I know they are not blood relatives but still.... it is gross!!!

Oh - Easy Reader - what have you done!?!

Sorry, this made me actually laugh out loud.

But, WHAT?

Back when I was a kid and Morgan Freeman was Easy Reader on Electric Company I thought he was like the "coolest cat on the planet." To this day I have warm fuzzy feelings about him because of that. But uh - warm fuzzies can only carry a person so far.

Oh - Easy Reader - what have you done!?!

Sorry, this made me actually laugh out loud.

But, WHAT?

Back when I was a kid and Morgan Freeman was Easy Reader on Electric Company I thought he was like the "coolest cat on the planet." To this day I have warm fuzzy feelings about him because of that. But uh - warm fuzzies can only carry a person so far.

Easy Reader...that's my name...m..m...mmmmm. Electric Company rules...Morgan is sick.

The perfect man . . . . the perfect President . . . . the perfect friend . . . well damn it all!! :angry:

If she had just been a little older when it all began, it probably wouldn't be as troublesome! :o

Easy Reader...that's my name...m..m...mmmmm. Electric Company rules...Morgan is sick.

Nice haiku! :4biggrin:

*takes a bow*

Thank you, thank you! I will performing 3 nites a week in vegas... :4biggrin:

July 11th, 2009

WASHINGTON - American film star Morgan Freeman is not going to marry his step-granddaughter, his publicist has said.

The denial from the actor’s publicist comes as a reaction to reports suggesting that the Shawshank Redemption star, 72, is romancing 27-year-old E’Dena Hines.

A report published by U.S. tabloid the National Enquirer recently suggested that the two of them were planning to wed, after the finalisation the actor’s divorce from his second wife Myrna Colley-Lee.

However, according to Contactmusic, Freeman’s spokesman Dave Falkenstein has now said that there was no truth in that story, and branded it “complete garbage”. (ANI)

Ummm... ok. So I just caught wind of this story, I originally ignored it because National Enquirer released it and didn't give it any credit but wethinks it's ligit?? The spokesman said "complete garbage" to the story they're getting married, or "complete garbage" about the entire relationship?!?! Why didn't anyone else pick up this story?? The ick factor??

Morgan Freeman Replaces Walter Cronkite as the Voice of CBS News

If you're looking for a metaphor for the decline of network news, look no further than CBS's decision to replace Walter Cronkite as the disembodied voice of CBS Evening News with actor Morgan Freeman.

link

Posted Image

Last summer, the National Enquirer ran two stories within a month that pretty much grossed out every single person in the world. According to their reporting and sources, Morgan Freeman, 72, had been engaged in a decade-long affair with his 27-year-old step-granddaughter E’Dena Hines. Hines is the granddaughter of Morgan’s first wife (Jeanette Adair Bradshaw), and they are not related by blood, although Morgan did help raise E’Dena for a significant part of her childhood. The Enquirer also claimed that it was Morgan’s affair with E’Dena that lead to the split with his second wife Myrna. Apparently, when Morgan began romancing E’Dena, then a teenager, E’Dena went to Myrna for help, Myrna confronted Morgan, he promised not to do anything, and yet his decade-long affair with E’Dena began around that time.

After that story, the Enquirer went on to claim in a follow-up that Morgan and E’Dena were preparing to marry, although both were “dating other people”. After that, the story kind of died out, and I don’t think I’m alone in hoping that the stories were some kind of fluke. Well… after six months, the Enquirer’s got a new scoop: not only are Morgan and E’Dena still together, they’re planning for a baby! I think I’m going to throw up.

Morgan Freeman’s step-granddaughter E’Dena Hines is pushing the actor to start a family with her - and he’s agreed! Morgan plans to marry his mistress E’Dena once his messy divorce from wife Myrna is finalized.

“E’Dena wants Morgan’s baby,” a close source told The Enquirer. “She believes that will give her a final hold on Morgan and, after his divorce with Myrna is over, she will end up marrying him.”

Morgan and Myrna continue to battle out of court over how to divide his complicated state worth more than $120 million. And now, in a twist worthy of any movie melodrama, the accomplished actor has to keep a second woman happy.

“Morgan has gone along with E’Dena’s wishes of having a baby,” said the close source. “he knows it would be disastrous is E’Dena blew up and went public with everything she knows.”

Myrna knows about Morgan’s relationship with E’Dena, but when she heard about E’Dena’s plans to get pregnant by Morgan, Myrna was furious, say sources.

Confided an insider: “Myrna told E’Dena, ‘If you think you’re having his baby, you’ve got another thing coming’”

Although E’Dena is convinced Morgan loves her and wants to start a family with her, Myrna made it clear she would do everything she could to talk Morgan out of it.

“But E’Dena knows Morgan wants her and that is all that matters to her,” divulged an insider.

“Myrna never gave Morgan children of his own,” said the close source. “E’Dena believes if she can give him a baby, she would win his heart forever. And if she can’t give him a child of their own, she wants to adopt.”

E’Dena’s youth is “very attractive” to the grandfatherly actor, according to the insider. “She uses her youth to her advantage. She knows it really feeds Morgan’s ego to have a young woman hanging all over him. E’Dena believes that getting pregnant would make sure she becomes the next Mrs. Morgan Freeman.”

[From The National Enquirer, print edition. January 18, 2010]

The Enquirer also notes that following their first two stories about the relationship, Morgan never issued any kind of denial about anything involving E’Dena or anything else. Now, that could just mean that he doesn’t feel like denying something so gross. Or it could mean that he has no room to deny anything. In any case, isn’t this situation disgusting? I mean… if it was just some random 27-year-old woman who was all up on a 72-year-old, trying to get pregnant, I would still think it was gross, but the whole thing with Morgan and his wives and step-children and seducing his step-grandchild who he’s now going to impregnate? I need a shower.

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Morgan Freeman agrees to start a family with step-granddaughter

Freeman Laughs Off Romance Rumours

MORGAN FREEMAN has laughed off rumours he's dating INVICTUS producer LORI MCCREARY - but insists the stories are "half-right" because he "loves her" as a "friend".

The Oscar-winning actor was recently reported to have become romantically involved with his longterm producing partner, who co-founded his Revelations Entertainment production company, after they were photographed together at a string of events.

Freeman has dismissed the rumours, but insists the pair will aways be close - because MCCreary is a valued friend and colleague.

He tells the the Chicago Sun-Times, "Well, you were half-right about me loving her. But it's just because I love her as my friend, colleague and producing partner."

Source contactmusic

Morgan Freeman, Missus Finalize Divorce

Today 7:56 AM PDT by Josh Grossberg

EOnline.com

Look out, ladies, Morgan Freeman is officially a free man.

A Mississippi judge has finalized the divorce of the Academy Award-winning actor from his second wife of 26 years, Myrna Colley-Lee.

Freeman's Jackson-based lawyer, William R. Wright, tells E! News that a divorce decree was issued on Wednesday, though terms were kept under seal.

"There's no waiting period, there was no trial and they reached an amicable settlement settlement," said the legal eagle. "He is just happy that they can both move on."

The Dark Knight star married Colley-Lee, a theater and film costume designer, on June 16, 1984, and the couple were together during Freeman's rise to the top of the film world as one of Hollywood's most durable and acclaimed actors.

In August 2008, however, the thesp's business manager announced the pair had filed for divorce after separating the previous December. No reason was given for the split, but the divorce petition came just days after Freeman was involved in a scary car crash with a female friend of the family's.

Freeman, 73, was previously hitched to Jeanette Adair Bradshaw from 1967 to 1979.

Posted Image

Morgan Freeman and EDena Hines

Morgan Freeman I'm NOT Getting Married to My Step-Granddaughter

Exclusive

TMZ.com

Morgan Freeman is adamant ... he has NEVER had a romantic relationship with his 27-year-old step-granddaughter E'Dena Hines ... and slams all of the reports to the contrary as "defamatory fabrications."

Morgan just released a statement responding to recent reports that he and Hines have been dating for roughly 10 years and were planning to get married in the very near future.

Freeman's rep tells us the actor remained silent for years because he didn't want to "dignify these stories by commenting" ... but now he feels compelled to speak out after the reports were picked up by various "mainstream media" outlets.

In his statement, Freeman says, "The recent reports of any pending marriage or romantic relationship of me to anyone are defamatory fabrications from the tabloid media designed to sell papers. What is even more alarming is that these fabrications are now being picked up by the legitimate press as well."

E'Dena has also issued a statement ... saying, "These stories about me and my grandfather are not only untrue, they are also hurtful to me and my family."

For the record, E’Dena is the granddaughter of Morgan’s first wife, Jeanette Adair Bradshaw. She and Morgan are not related by blood.

Morgan Freeman's Granddaughter E'Dena Hines Stabbed to Death: 'Her Star Will Continue to Shine Bright in Our Hearts,' Freeman Says
blank.png
people.com
morgan-freeman-435.jpg
E'Dena Hines and Morgan Freeman
Kevin Winter/Getty

By Adam Carlson

08/16/2015 AT 02:20 PM EDT

Morgan Freeman's 33-year-old step-granddaughter was fatally stabbed early Sunday in New York City, PEOPLE has confirmed.

A 30-year-old man was taken into custody at the scene and taken to Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, the NYPD said in a statement to PEOPLE.

Responding officers found E'Dena Hines lying in the street outside her home on the 400 block of W. 162nd Street at about 3 a.m., where she was suffering from multiple stab wounds to her torso, according to the statement.

Hines, the granddaughter of Morgan's first wife, was taken by EMS to Harlem Hospital and pronounced dead, according to the statement.

The investigation is ongoing.

In a statement to PEOPLE, Morgan Freeman reflected on her talent and how she touched the lives of those who knew her.

"The world will never know her artistry and talent, and how much she had to offer," he said. "Her friends and family were fortunate enough to have known what she meant as a person.

"Her star will continue to shine bright in our hearts, thoughts and prayers. May she rest in peace."

According to Hines' website, she studied acting at New York University's prestigious Graduate Acting Program. She also taught "under-exposed youths" in Memphis, Tennessee.

In a recent blog post, Hines wrote about how she is often described as "energetic, loud, and animated."

"I thought I was the group cheerleader, giving them what they needed to keep going cause I was blessed with exuberant amounts of energy, but, I was more exhausted when it counted," she wrote. "While everyone else would be relaxing on breaks, I was entertaining or so I thought. I also became aware that my voice was always heard above others which meant they all knew about me, but I didn't actually know a lot about them.

"Ahhhhh.... There is something beautiful in knowing you can find your stillness and be silent, but you can also be a ball of power," she continued.

Hines was active in the acting community in New York City, often writing about it on her Facebook page and sharing playful photos.