Sign in to follow this  
cydonia

True Blood

Anyone watching? I love anything to do with vampires, so I may not be the best judge, but I'm hooked.

I not crazy about the guy who plays Bill - not charasmatic enough for me. But the rest of the cast is good, especially the grandmother.

I have never read the books and I understand that people who have aren't that happy with the series. But it's good enough for me :)

For the love of all things Alan Ball, I gave one episode a try...but couldn't handle the bad accents and slow story.

I think there are a lot of out of work New Orleans people who probably could've made it authentic. And judging by the ratings...HBO may have another bomb on it's hands. John from Cincinnati did better...ouch.

I liked the second episode, the first was like a special vampire edition of HBO's "Real Sex" :lol: but the series recovered nicely IMO.

I think this one is a grower, and I hope it sticks around as I am eagerly awaiting my bestest TV boyfriend [brad from Generation Kill] to show up :D .

I've seen the first two episodes and I'm still on board. I was a Moonlight fan too. I'm planning to continue watching but it could be a problem if it conflicts with Dexter. I love Dexter.

I thought the 2nd episode was stronger than the first.

Unfortunately I don't have Showtime so I have to wait until Dexter comes out on dvd - I too love Dexter. :)

I'm still watching. Haven't made up my mind yet. Can there be too much sex? Maybe if I cared about the characters or at least knew them? Who knows. The opening song is killer but I hate the opening credit visuals. Seeing the KKK is always a turn-off. Sookie's issues as a psychic mindreader is more overwhelming to the storyline than Vampirism. She should be working for the cops and escape that one horse town.... :P

I got a chuckle out of the tabloid headline "Angelina adopts a vampire baby" :)

I didn't see that, I'll have to do slo-mo through the credits next time.

Cydonia, I don't know if it will be available there, but a website called surfthechannel.com has lots of info as to where you can see different tv shows, movies, etc... online. You might want to check it out to see if Dexter will be accessible somewhere out there when the new season starts.

ETA: just checked and found that they do have Dexter right here

Edited by Hihomumio

Cydonia, I don't know if it will be available there, but a website called surfthechannel.com has lots of info as to where you can see different tv shows, movies, etc... online. You might want to check it out to see if Dexter will be accessible somewhere out there when the new season starts.

ETA: just checked and found that they do have Dexter right here

Thank you!! :wacko: I was thinking about downloading the torrent, but I'm always afraid they are going to nail me.

-_- I guess this show isn't my cup of tea. It seems more like CSI-Vampire edition. I don't want to watch some goofy show about a serial killer vampire wannabe, but worse- I don't like how the innocent pristine virgin keeps getting saved but the hot blooded independent females who are brave enough to get their swirls on keep getting killed. Older cinema staple than the vampire! :angry: And Sookie's brother, that character, is such a horny idiot. He gets way too much screen time for my taste.

Yeah, I'm still watching but I don't know...I wasn't too impressed with the latest episode. Sookie (hate, hate, hate that name!) is getting on my nerves too.

I like this show enough to give it a chance and think Stephen Moyer is SEXY HOT. But is anyone willing to give me a little background since I have not read the books?...Are the vampires able to be "nice and normal" and have relationships with humans without biting them?

And, is the bar owner a vamp? He seems like he has some sort of secret he is hiding? Thanks all.

Haven't read the books, sorry. But I am considering checking at least one book out since I'm not sure about the TV show. Also, I'm pretty sure the script writers are being "creative" with the characters from the novels.

Sookie Stackhouse (Southern Vampire) Series

Dead Until Dark (2001, ISBN 0-441-00853-4)—also available in an audio editionLink closed.

Living Dead in Dallas (March 2002, ISBN 0-441-00923-9)

Club Dead (May 2003, ISBN 0-441-01051-2)

Dead to the World (May 2004, hardcover ISBN 0-441-01167-5, 2005, paperback ISBN 0-441-01218-3)

"Fairy Dust" from Powers of Detection (October 2004, ISBN 0-441-01197-7)

Dancers in the Dark from Night's Edge (Harlequin novella) (October 2004, ISBN 0-373-77010-3)—a Sookie-universe story without the character of Sookie Stackhouse

"One Word Answer" from Bite (2005, ISBN 0-515-13970-X)

Dead as a Doornail (May 2005, hardcover ISBN 0-441-01279-5, April 2006, audio book ISBN 1-4193-3730-0, paperback ISBN 0-441-01333-3)

Definitely Dead (May 2006, hardcover ISBN 0-441-01400-3, audio book ISBN 1-4193-9326-X)

"Tacky" from My Big, Fat Supernatural Wedding (2006, paperback ISBN 0-312-34360-4)—a Sookie-universe story without the character of Sookie Stackhouse

All Together Dead (May 2007, hardcover ISBN 0-441-01494-1)

"Dracula Night" from Many Bloody Returns (September 2007, hardcover ISBN 0-441-01522-0)

From Dead to Worse (May 2008, hardcover ISBN 0-441-01589-4)

"Gift Wrap" from Wolfsbane and Mistletoe (October 2008, hardcover ISBN 0-441-01633-2)

"Unknown Title" from Usual Suspects (December 2008, paperback ISBN 0-441-01637-5)

Edited by HoneyBunny

Okay, why is the bar owner rolling around and sniffing the dead girl's sheets? Is he the dog? Or another dog? Werewolf? Just looking for speculation - if you've read the books, then please mark as spoilers.

Did you notice the picture behind the vamp bar of George Bush as a vamp biting Lady Liberty? I like all the little details they add in :)

I think the bar owner is "something"

He's out in the day so probably not a vampire but he's got a secret it seems. And Sookie can't read his thoughts. I think a werewolf is a good guess, which explains why he was sniffing the sheets. But he comes across as a good guy, not evil or edgy, so maybe whatever he is, it's not dangerous like the vamps??

Question--are the vampires able to feel emotions? Cause it seems like Bill is digging Sookie in a boyfriend kind of way, but I still don't understand what he can/can't do..?

Did you notice the picture behind the vamp bar of George Bush as a vamp biting Lady Liberty? I like all the little details they add in :)

I sooooo WANT that picture of vampire Bush sucking the blood out of Lady Liberty. It was THE best thing about that vampire bar!!!!!

I don't know if you've heard yet but I just read an article on Hollywood.com and its saying that after only the second episode, HBO decided to sign the show on for a second season!! I'm pretty excited... it's a really cool and different concept... we need something besides only reality TV!!

Heres the article

http://www.hollywood.com/news/HBOs_True_Bl..._Season/5313478

Is anyone else watching this and wants to discuss, speculate...?

I would love to discuss :)

I was very unhappy about grandma's demise, but noticed she's still in the credits. That may be good news. I don't know that Sam is the dog b/c when the dog sat besides Bill, Bill seemed like he might have known him?

And Sookie finally let Bill do the deed - the big bite :wub:

I actually can't discuss....I found a site with all the spoilers and I couldn't stop reading them so I know too much, at least if they follow the book. (like who the killer is, etc) Some thngs are still confusing: can Bill feel real emotions? If Sam is the dog, does he even know it? Why turn into a freindly looking dog? What is the point? I'm hooked on this show.

Edited by crazzy

I actually can't discuss....I found a site with all the spoilers and I couldn't stop reading them so I know too much, at least if they follow the book.

Shame on you!!! ;)

Thanks for not spoiling it for us. Usually I'm such a spoiler whore, but not for this one. I'm enjoying how it's all unfolding.

I know!! I kinda regret it but once I started reading, I just kept going. I do hope they show more Sookie and Bill and less Jason. I am kind of tired of Jason naked and screwing up every week.

This show as become really popular. And I want to see it, but do you guys know when it comes on?

HBO Sunday 9pm and repeated throughout the week. Go to the HBO website and do a search. Only 2 eps left!