annabeast

Biggest Loser - Families

Mandi has been portrayed as a whiner and a crier all season, but that said she was the strongest person on the blue team by far. I truly admire her for falling on the sword for Aubrey, but I fear that unless they go to singles on the next episode that she only bought her sister one extra week. Ron's been calling the shots at elimination ever since the new teams were formed, so I suspect that Mandi was singled out because he decided her number was up. It probably didn't help that Mandi gained 2 pounds since the last weigh in, which caused the blue team to lose one that they should have had dead to rights.

It saddens and frustrates me that so many grown adults are STILL not taking accountability for or ownership of their own health and well being.

Edited by Maxiemom

I appreciate that the Mom went home this week, taking the bullet. I kind of like Aubrey, and I really like Kristin. It was nice to see the family reactions, I was teary-eyed. That being said, I think everyone is right that Tara is most probably the winner.

Extremely impressed that Ron lost 10 pounds!! His son is getting darn good looking, too.

I'm happy that Ron pulled out such a good number while at home for the week as well. Hopefully this will give him some much needed confidence that yes, you CAN do this on your own. It frustrates me that so many people are still playing the "I need to be here" and/or the "I need to train with so-and-so" card this far in to the game. Everyone's got to go home eventually.

I'm happy that Ron pulled out such a good number while at home for the week as well. Hopefully this will give him some much needed confidence that yes, you CAN do this on your own. It frustrates me that so many people are still playing the "I need to be here" and/or the "I need to train with so-and-so" card this far in to the game. Everyone's got to go home eventually.

I agree. Filipe's meltdown was a disappointment because I think they are being pitched as the big teddy bears of the group. But the clips of Jillian commenting on their lack of weight loss after they left her team was pretty awful too.

I agree. Filipe's meltdown was a disappointment because I think they are being pitched as the big teddy bears of the group. But the clips of Jillian commenting on their lack of weight loss after they left her team was pretty awful too.

I agree with you about Jillian. To me, when you are this heavy and you have made the decision to change your life and lose the weight, it should be all about that, not making a comment about lack of weight loss after the left her team .... Really - the trainers are there to help go about making a life change .....

Good show last night. I'm on the side that thinks that Tara had a right to be upset. Who wouldn't be, the way they were all laughing, etc? She may have overreacted, but I was glad that Laura had a chance to be strong: both in her support of Tara AND her choice to stay with Jillian.

Good show last night. I'm on the side that thinks that Tara had a right to be upset. Who wouldn't be, the way they were all laughing, etc? She may have overreacted, but I was glad that Laura had a chance to be strong: both in her support of Tara AND her choice to stay with Jillian.

Alright Anna - normally you and me two peas in a pod about this show - but not this time. Tara is awful. She is the strongest competitor and has consistently with others and in confessionals talked about how she is going to kick everyone's butt and she is the best. She even yells at Laura for not pulling her weight (no pun intended - ok maybe a little ;). Then she acts like everyone hates her, when in fact they pile it up on the Mom too - who took it with a grain of salt. They were all laughing and having fun - and she was a spoiled little brat who again had to make it about her.....

She has been playing the game since day one. She has voted out those who would be least beneficial - acting like she was doing them a favor - ugh. It justs hit her that everyone has figured it out and she is not as under the radar as she thinks.

Obviously she disgusts me....

All :wub: to you Anna!

Tara really doesn't bother me. I see her attitude more as confidence than arrogance, much like Ali Vincent of 2 seasons ago. That said, Ali actually did bother me quite a bit and still does. I think that's mostly because I always felt that TPTB went overboard in shoving Ali down our collective throats at every turn and continue to do so. I think TPTB want Tara around as long as possible but I don't get the feeling that I'm watching "The Tara Show" week in and week out. I'm also not sure it's fair to call Tara out on her voting patterns just yet. Yes, the Damien vote was controversial but it's not like she's been to the elimination room very often thanks to Bob's blue team. :)

I was really, really encouraged by the way Laura was portrayed last night. She could be very dangerous now that the light bulb has finally been lit.

:wub: to you too, Branchop.

I'm really not sure who I'm "rooting for" this time around. I guess it would be Kristin, but being the biggest girl there won't allow for a remarkable transformation, like Ali and Michelle. Still, she's got a great attitude and works hard.

I'm really not sure who I'm "rooting for" this time around. I guess it would be Kristin, but being the biggest girl there won't allow for a remarkable transformation, like Ali and Michelle. Still, she's got a great attitude and works hard.

I am pulling for Kristin and Mike. He is such a great young man and really getting to be a cutie patootie

I am pulling for Kristin and Mike. He is such a great young man and really getting to be a cutie patootie

I agree. And I cracked up when his Dad said, "Mike is 18 years old, and all 18 year olds are idiots." I have the right to laugh at this, as I have one huge female idiot in my home right now.

I have to wonder if Nicole tanked that on purpose. She did NOT look comfortable sorting through the politics and game play at all.

You had mentioned earlier in this thread annabeat that you had relatives who made it all the way to the end of the casting process for this season only to end up as "the 12th couple". I'm curious if your relatives have shared any thoughts on this season thus far from an insider's point of view....

I have to wonder if Nicole tanked that on purpose. She did NOT look comfortable sorting through the politics and game play at all.

You had mentioned earlier in this thread annabeat that you had relatives who made it all the way to the end of the casting process for this season only to end up as "the 12th couple". I'm curious if your relatives have shared any thoughts on this season thus far from an insider's point of view....

Not really, except that I know they were asked to be in next season, and when they got home and thought about it, they said no. It's a great opportunity, but it looks sooo hard and there are quite a lot of sacrifices. My uncle's work had agreed to hold his job for him this season, but you never know, especially with the economy, how that would be now. I'll have my husband ask to see if they have any insight on the contestants. I'll bet the cousins REALLY stood out during auditions, just a feeling I have.

I don't understand how a guy like Ron became the puppet master. Seriously! I'm still okay with Mike. He's a kid, after all. And I'm stunned that Laura let Sione go home. I would have cut a deal with the cousins, "watch my back." Now Filipe will be out to get her, and who gives a crap about Helen. I'm really happy Laura is emerging. Tara is freakin' amazing, no matter what you think of her.

I think the decision to send Sione home was mostly a function of getting rid of a strong threat now in case the opportunity didn't present itself again. Helen doesn't have much more to lose and The Ronfather is gunning for her, so I see Helen gone before long anyway. The fact that Tara benefits most from Sione's absence and Filipe is now essentially flying solo without an alliance made this a pretty sound decision for Laura on both strategic and political fronts. Laura is quietly emerging as a threat and I couldn't be happier for her.

Filipe is so entrenched on The Ronfather's shit list that Laura probably doesn't need to worry about any fallout from this vote.

Next week is Makeover Week. Yay!!!

Edited by Maxiemom

I wish I could take credit for it, but no....I saw that out in cyberspace somewhere but I can't recall offhand who the original source was.

Pretty appropriate though, huh?

:D

I missed it. How did Laura hurt herself?

I always like the makeover shows, but none of these blew me away like some have in the past.

Again, no matter what you think of Tara, that woman is an amazing competitor. Can't believe she pulled off that challenge, beating Filipe even after falling.

They never said how Laura hurt herself...just some comments from Jillian that Laura had been complaining about hip pain for a while and that she was sending Laura to see the ranch doctor just in case something was up. My hunch is that it was repetitive use and that they may never know exactly what caused the stress fracture, as they've been pretty straight forward with the root causes of all the other medical issues of this season.

I was a bit underwhelmed by the makeovers as well, especially since Tim Gunn was styling them. I thought Filipe had a bit of a Herb Tarlek vibe to him and Kristin's outfit was rather....matronly. I am glad they convinced Ron to shave off the beard. It occurred to me yesterday that he bore a strinking facial resemblance to Billy Mays, the infomercial guy.

I did NOT like the way they handled Max (Mike's younger brother) on last night's show. Let Max deal with his weight demons (or not, since it's ultimately his choice) on his own terms, away from the spot light. Don't exploit the poor kid in the name of drama/ratings.

They never said how Laura hurt herself...just some comments from Jillian that Laura had been complaining about hip pain for a while and that she was sending Laura to see the ranch doctor just in case something was up. My hunch is that it was repetitive use and that they may never know exactly what caused the stress fracture, as they've been pretty straight forward with the root causes of all the other medical issues of this season.

I was a bit underwhelmed by the makeovers as well, especially since Tim Gunn was styling them. I thought Filipe had a bit of a Herb Tarlek vibe to him and Kristin's outfit was rather....matronly. I am glad they convinced Ron to shave off the beard. It occurred to me yesterday that he bore a strinking facial resemblance to Billy Mays, the infomercial guy.

I did NOT like the way they handled Max (Mike's younger brother) on last night's show. Let Max deal with his weight demons (or not, since it's ultimately his choice) on his own terms, away from the spot light. Don't exploit the poor kid in the name of drama/ratings.

Oh, I totally think Max is being set up for next season.

I hope not. Considering how many people audition for the show, it would frost me to no end if Max gets fast tracked to cast member status the day he turns 18 simply because he's related to 2 previous contestants. I HATE preferential treatment. :angry: