annabeast

Biggest Loser - Families

I hope not. Considering how many people audition for the show, it would frost me to no end if Max gets fast tracked to cast member status the day he turns 18 simply because he's related to 2 previous contestants. I HATE preferential treatment. :angry:

I hear you, but why on earth would Max AND his mother allow the footage that aired unless there was something in it for them? I would NEVER, as a mother, allow my kid to be patronized like that.

I was a bit surprised that Kristin was up for elimination as I was expecting a big loss from her given her weigh in last week. That said, since she did wind up below the yellow line again this week I'm not surprised that Kristin went home over Helen. However, Mike really took a big hit on the likeability front during the last 30 seconds or so of the elimination.

The "I AM The Biggest Loser" spiel bugged the crap out of me during the Ali Vincent season and it bugs the crap out of me now. Quiet confidence is much more admirable that public arrogance.

I have to wonder if both Mike and Ron will conspire to wind up below the yellow line together next week.

I was a bit surprised that Kristin was up for elimination as I was expecting a big loss from her given her weigh in last week. That said, since she did wind up below the yellow line again this week I'm not surprised that Kristin went home over Helen. However, Mike really took a big hit on the likeability front during the last 30 seconds or so of the elimination.

The "I AM The Biggest Loser" spiel bugged the crap out of me during the Ali Vincent season and it bugs the crap out of me now. Quiet confidence is much more admirable that public arrogance.

I have to wonder if both Mike and Ron will conspire to wind up below the yellow line together next week.

Okay, I must be stupid. What would they have to gain by both falling below the yellow line? The temptation to take out Mike would be enormous, and Ron wouldn't have that.

You're not stupid, annabeast. I'm non caffeinated and in an antihistimine fog right now. :wacko: My initial thought was that they both fall under, Ron would then fall on the sword, and Mike goes on to the final four. However, an "FU" vote to send Mike home instead seems more likely if they were to both fall under...especially after the looks that Tara and Filipe wore right after the whole "Mike WILL win this" exchange.

Now that I think of it, as long as Ron falls under with anybody other than Mike then Ron's the shoo-in to go home. So I still think Ron will tank the weigh in. Mike...not so much.

You're not stupid, annabeast. I'm non caffeinated and in an antihistimine fog right now. :wacko: My initial thought was that they both fall under, Ron would then fall on the sword, and Mike goes on to the final four. However, an "FU" vote to send Mike home instead seems more likely if they were to both fall under...especially after the looks that Tara and Filipe wore right after the whole "Mike WILL win this" exchange.

Now that I think of it, as long as Ron falls under with anybody other than Mike then Ron's the shoo-in to go home. So I still think Ron will tank the weigh in. Mike...not so much.

Yeah, I could see Ron tanking the weigh in. It's unbelievable that Ron has been there this long anyway. And you are right, Filipe and Tara looked shocked when Ron said 'My son will win this." Mike had better not fall under. I was proud of Kristin last night when she threw in her comments after Mike's vote. However, it is about the money for her too, and she's lying if she says it's not.

Unpopular opinion - I am glad Kristen was sent home. She was driving me crazy. I would have done the same thing if I were Mike - it is a game after all.

Not unpopular at all, Trizzie. I was kind of meh on her from the outset but she's really grated on me more and more with each passing week. Anyone who needs to constantly remind me how inspirational she is....well, isn't. She really stumbled whenever she was left to her own devices. I am not overly optimistic that she will maintain her weight loss over the long haul.

Not unpopular at all, Trizzie. I was kind of meh on her from the outset but she's really grated on me more and more with each passing week. Anyone who needs to constantly remind me how inspirational she is....well, isn't. She really stumbled whenever she was left to her own devices. I am not overly optimistic that she will maintain her weight loss over the long haul.

Oh, good! I totally agree. And not to be rude, but if I were her I think I would have waited until I hit my goal before I hit the speaker circuit. wow. And she was quite the sore loser last night.

I'm actually liking Tara more and more as the winner...not that I didn't before. The final at home challenge is a full marathon. There is no way that wasn't chosen with the ladies (and Tara moreso than Helen) in mind. At least we know Ron won't win it.

I know this has always been a reality show, but this season has really tipped the scales from inspiration to reality/game play. I am not sure that I will be back for season 8.

I'm actually liking Tara more and more as the winner...not that I didn't before. The final at home challenge is a full marathon. There is no way that wasn't chosen with the ladies (and Tara moreso than Helen) in mind. At least we know Ron won't win it.

I know this has always been a reality show, but this season has really tipped the scales from inspiration to reality/game play. I am not sure that I will be back for season 8.

A full marathon? That's crazy. And I'd think, an unwise choice healthwise. I've only done a few half marathons, and they kill you. I lost toenails in at least one of them.

What does the winner of the challenge get? It looked to me like they had another weigh-in, and then America was supposed to vote. I'm still smiling at the punch the masses threw at Heba last season.

I'm not sure what the winner gets....I got the marathon tidbit from the Directv episode preview. A choice of $10,000 or a 1 pound advantage wouldn't surprise me since they've been in that rut of late. It would be kind of funny if Tara has the opportunity to turn the cookie tables on Helen but I don't see that happening. This is Tara's challenge to lose, and I highly doubt that she will given the competition.

I gotta say, Ron was amazing. And even Helen. My only question, which they didn't show: did both Helen and Tara run the whole way?

I do, however, wish they'd quit with Max. The close up of him puking was cruel.

This should be Tara's, in every way. It will be interesting to see how America votes. If you want Tara to win, you'll probably want to vote to keep Ron!

By the way, was that Heba running with Ron on his left? If so, looks like she gained some weight back.

I gotta say, Ron was amazing. And even Helen. My only question, which they didn't show: did both Helen and Tara run the whole way?

I do, however, wish they'd quit with Max. The close up of him puking was cruel.

This should be Tara's, in every way. It will be interesting to see how America votes. If you want Tara to win, you'll probably want to vote to keep Ron!

By the way, was that Heba running with Ron on his left? If so, looks like she gained some weight back.

Yup, that was Heba. Unfortunately, they couldn't well have back the season 4 and 5 at home winners without bringing her back too and it was nice to see Bernie and Jim. It did look like Heba gained some back, though it also looked like they limited her air time as much as humanly possible with some very tight camera shots.

I am definitely over Max too. That poor boy is exploited at every possible turn...on a show he never signed up for. I have a bad feeling that the "legit" cast is going to get upstaged by Max at the finale as well. Why call out the fact that both Bob and Jillian offered to help him however possible unless they were setting up the stage for some "after" shots of Max next Tuesday?

I don't like Tara.... I'm voting for Mike. Although he has been a bit cocky lately, Tara has been cocky the whole time......And she doesn't have the excuse of being 18.

I hear ya', Branchop. But Tara has backed it up with amazing wins in tough physical competitions. The race car one was SWEET. That's when I started rooting for her.

I think the real race will be who will win the at home prize ..... Not sure who I would want for that. I am not even sure who I would want to be the biggest loser at this stage. I am very tired of Tara and her whining, if Mike wins, it would be interesting to see how that affects his brother ......

I for one, would like to see how all previous players are doing today and how much weight they have gained back after the show one to to two years out. I was happy that Jillian addressed balancing when they players were back home for 30 days. I don't think that they teach this enough to these guys. They get on the whole lose lose lose, but are not showed what to do once they get to their goals. I know that I would benefit from that.

Ugh - I CANNOT believe that Helen won. I absolutely could not.stand.her. She has to be the most selfish person in the world to throw her own daughter under the bus to stay. She looked like she had starved herself to win. I was good with Tara or Mike (who both looked healthy and fit) winning, anyone but her!

I am proud of Jerry though - what an awesome accomplishment!

I agree....Helen did look like she went overboard to secure the win. She had to have been pulling ranch like workout schedules in order to drop 30 pounds during the short time between the taping of the last episode and the finale. I have my doubts that she will be able to maintain such a tiny final weight over the long haul.

Jerry totally rocked it on the at home front. He was by far the high point of the whole way-longer-than-it-needed-to-be finale.

And what was up with the "America picks the last contestant for the next season" bit? I fear that the shark has officially been jumped.

WORST. ENDING. POSSIBLE. It's pretty sad when an ANOREXIC wins The Biggest Loser. Tara should have won. I'm sure the producers are horrified and hearing about this.

WORST. ENDING. POSSIBLE. It's pretty sad when an ANOREXIC wins The Biggest Loser. Tara should have won. I'm sure the producers are horrified and hearing about this.

Actually Tara came in third..... Mike lost more percentage than her. I thought Helen was too little.

I don't understand about choosing the contestant for next season. I thought that was so unfair. I was hoping that at the end they would say "surprise you are both in it!"

Actually Tara came in third..... Mike lost more percentage than her. I thought Helen was too little.

I don't understand about choosing the contestant for next season. I thought that was so unfair. I was hoping that at the end they would say "surprise you are both in it!"

Regardless of percentages, Tara ruled that show. Helen is a nightmare. Her daughter who is still fairly chubby looks better than she does. What a bitch. A selfish cow.

My impression of the two girls vying for the last spot was : wow, could they pick any prettier girls? They sure know how to pick good looking people. Mike looks quite handsome now that he is thin. And obviously Tara. And Michelle from last season was a knockout even when she was big.

Regardless of percentages, Tara ruled that show. Helen is a nightmare. Her daughter who is still fairly chubby looks better than she does. What a bitch. A selfish cow.

My impression of the two girls vying for the last spot was : wow, could they pick any prettier girls? They sure know how to pick good looking people. Mike looks quite handsome now that he is thin. And obviously Tara. And Michelle from last season was a knockout even when she was big.

Yeah no kidding - but I don't buy that she was a former model..... However they are both gorgeous! Kind of funny how all the winners are so pretty... hmmmmm

If Tara had won (not that i'm implying they fix this at all ;)) it would have been Ali part 2. I was pulling for Ali , but then not......and of course you know how I feel about Tara. They needed a new kind of winner of which Mike or Helen fit the bill perfectly.

Even though Helen won, but we may see Mike more in the future. Remember how much coverage we had of him trying to "train" his brother? Wouldn't it be "perfect" if he came back to help the trainers on a semi regular basis? :rolleyes:

Edited by branchop

They NEED pretty people who are comfortable in front of the camera in order to plug the protein power, cook books, and whatever else is being hawked on QVC these days with the Biggest Loser logo slapped on it. The trainers aren't much better when it comes to ubiquitous huckstering of their own books, exercise videos, etc. Heck, I saw an interview somewhere where Helen was crediting her win in part due to the principles in Jillian's latest book-- on stands now. :rolleyes: And don't get me started on the self contained product placement ads within each episode for Cheerios, Jennie-O turkey, Yoplait Light, Ziploc bags, Extra gum......

I really think that I am done with this show. The whole "pick the final contestant for the next season even though we're really giving you nothing to go on" bit pushed me over the edge.