princess

Elizabeth Hurley

ROME Aug 1, 2006 (AP)— Elizabeth Hurley has told an Italian magazine that she intends to marry her boyfriend, Indian businessman Arun Nayer, very soon. Hurley, 41, also said the couple was considering having a child together. Asked if it was time to get married, Hurley told the Italian edition of the magazine Vanity Fair: "I can't tell you the exact date, but it is very close." "We are also thinking of having a child," added Hurley, who already has a four-year-old son with U.S. movie producer Steve Bing. Hurley, who has appeared in films including "Bedazzled" and "Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery," has been dating Nayer since 2003. Asked about how she'd feel as a married woman, Hurley said, "I'll tell you once I am married. "But I've lived with Hugh Grant for 13 years, we were like husband and wife. I don't think there will be much difference," added Hurley.

Side DishIf Liz Hurley really is pregnant, then why all the hugger-mugger at Petit Tresor in L.A.? The beauty just said she plans to have a baby with her longtime boyfriend, Indian tycoon Arun Nayar, whom she's set to wed next month. She practically outfitted a nursery at the chi-chi baby boutique Tuesday, but according to our shopping spywitness, made staff wrap everything up, including a crib, a glider, a Moses basket, diaper bag and a raft of everyday clothing one wouldn't give as gifts.

Swell-looking Liz sparks pregnancy rumoursBy KATIE NICHOLL, Mail on SundaySince her demise as the face of Estee Lauder, Elizabeth Hurley has reinvented herself as a shrewd and canny businesswoman setting up her own film company and a successful beachwear line. So it is perhaps unsurprising that the model-turned-actress is to cash in on her eagerly awaited wedding later this year. While Elizabeth, 41, has remained coy about details of her forthcoming nuptials to businessman Arun Nayar, indicating in a recent interview only that it will be 'very soon', I can reveal that the star has negotiated a £2million deal with a glossy magazine to cover the cost of her big day. The couple, who are finally able to marry now that Arun has been granted a divorce from his ex-wife Valentina Pedroni, will be having two ceremonies, one in the UK and one abroad, and will receive £1million for each event. The first wedding, which will be a smaller, family affair, will take place at Elizabeth's home in Gloucestershire and will be followed by a three-day extravaganza in India where Arun's family live. "Elizabeth confirmed the deal last week after a fierce bidding war with a rival publication," says my spy. "She's not one to pass on a good deal and she and Arun will make a lot of money out of this. There will be plenty of pennies left over for their joint bank account. "Part of the deal is that all of Elizabeth's high-profile chums including Sir Elton John, David Furnish, Patrick Cox, Hugh Grant and the Beckhams will be at the wedding and are happy to pose for pictures. It's being billed as the celebrity wedding of the year." With finer details of the ceremony yet to be finalised, the couple are expected to tie the knot in Gloucestershire at Barnsley House, close to Elizabeth's £4million pad, ahead of the blessing in India. While Grant's girlfriend Jemima Khan, who has had an ongoing feud with Ms Hurley, is likely to stay away, the model's close chum Victoria Beckham might also feel miffed. Her wedding to David, complete with personalised thrones, netted the couple a mere £1million. Elizabeth has already admitted she is ready to start a family with Arun, and she sparked pregnancy rumours as they attended a country show in Hertfordshire, where onlookers described Elizabeth as 'blooming'. "Her tummy was well hidden beneath a pretty cream dress, but she was bursting out," said one. "She looked absolutely blooming." When asked recently about her forthcoming nuptials Elizabeth, whose son Damian is four, said: "We are even thinking of having a child."

ITALIAN NICE (August 23rd) Liz Hurley and boyfriend Arun Nayer take a beachside nap in the south of Italy where they vacationed with her son Damien.

Posted Image

What follows is a loose and probably not-so-great translation of an editorial published today in La Presse, a newspaper here in Montreal. Sorry if there are mistakes of any sort, English is my second language and it's not always easy to translate... I hope you get the gist of it. Enjoy.

Elizabeth Hurley said, during an interview with an American magazine, in 2000, that she would commit suicide if one day she was as "fat" as Marilyn Monroe.

At the time this created some controversy, and the ex-girlfriend of Hugh Grant didn't make friends with many advocates of normal weight on that day. And the situation didn't get better when, in june 2005, she declared to the London Times that she was sick of seeing fat getting out of too tight clothes worn by bodies far from perfect.

Ms Hurley, representing Estée Lauder, was in Montreal this week for a fundraising campaign against breast cancer. Since I was allowed only one minute to talk to her, I asked her only ONE question: what does she think of the controversy surrounding too thin models? I was sure that now that she's a mother in her forties, the actress-model would be open to the diversity of body shapes, and would be caring about the ill-looking thinness of young models. Especially since the interview - which lasted over 15 minutes, in fact - was taking place with Evelyn Lauder, the inspiring woman behind the fundraising over at Estée Lauder.

But I was wrong. Elizabeth Hurley persists and signs: "I don't think models bring young women to develop eating disorders" she stated without hesitation. Still, a 22-year-old model from Uruguay died in August of heart failure after 3 months eating only green salad and drinking Diet Coke in an effort to lose the pounds that, supposedly, kept her from an international modeling career.

According to Ms Hurley, it's normal that teenagers in the middle of their growth are thin. Furthermore, eating disorders are more about personal and control issues. "It's rarely about being able to wear jeans one size smaller." In short, these girls are making themselves puke because of their personal problems, not because they want to look like Kate Bosworth or Sienna Miller.

The woman I'd like to hear about those issues, now, is the one who, on Tuesday night, was treated with the Hurley special. The actress was on the stage at Holt Renfrew and she wanted someone from the crowd wearing one of the pink shirts from the anticancer campaign to come on stage with her. "Me?" asked the lady, when she saw the actress look in her direction. "No", she answered, while pointing to a much younger and much thinner girl standing up right besides her.

ohnotheydidn't

Hissy Hurley

ELIZABETH Hurley is a VIP and won't settle for civilian treatment. She threw a hissy fit Thursday night on the ferry that was supposed to take her back to Manhattan from the Liberty Island celebration of Moet Champagne's 120th anniversary. When guests were informed that they could not take any champagne on board, "everyone else graciously agreed to abide by the rules," said our source. But an enraged Hurley refused to give up her magnum of Moet and three glasses, and held the boat at the dock for 20 minutes until security guards were finally able to get her to relinquish them.

TABLE MANNER

Elizabeth Hurley is at full attention as a face for Estée Lauder – this time at a promotional stop Wednesday in Milan.

Posted Image

A Socialite's Life

Screw Strippers, Give Me Versace

Elizabeth Hurley just went up a notch in my book.

Before walking down the aisle in hot Hollywood style the future Mrs. Arun Nayar is having a bachelorette party. Guests will be treated to a private fashion show thanks to Donatella. No expenses were spared as the party train is racking up quite a bill. An insider dished:

"Elizabeth wants Donatella to provide some dresses so her friends can choose stunning outfits for her big day. She wants it to be an intimate gathering, with lots of champagne and nibbles."

With A-listers in attendance like gal-pal Vicky Beckham, Liz is treating the ladies to dinner at a top rated restaurant, beauty treatments, and massages. Not to mention guests will choose their dresses from Versace to wear at the wedding. The February party is budgeted for about $5,000 a head.

I am sure my invitation was just lost in the mail. Besides, she could top a fire fighter stripping down to a purple thong and a drag queen singing a Whitney Houston tune from "The Bodyguard" soundtrack while passing phalluses between your knees with your best friends.

Liz Hurley wants more kids

After she gets married next year, Liz Hurley hopes to have a couple more tiny tots running around the house. And she’s already picked out the names too.

Liz Hurley recently said she wants to have two more children, whose names were selected by her infant son.

The “Austin Powers” star - who already has a four-year-old son Damian from her relationship with movie producer Steve Bing - is hoping to extend her family after she marries her Indian fiancй Arun Nayar in March 2007.

The 41-year-old has already chosen the names of her next two siblings - Fred and Daphne - after Damian insisted they be named after his favorite characters from the cartoon “Scooby Doo.”

She told Marie Claire magazine, “Damian is obsessed with me having another child. He wants a girl named Daphne and a boy called Fred. He talks about it every day, saying, ‘Mommy, when are you putting Daphne in the school next door to mine, will Fred grow into my clothes?”

The “Bedazzled” actress says she and Arun have often spoken about having children but want to wait until they are officially man and wife.

She added, “We’ll make an effort after the wedding. Not before, I’m too vain.”

LIZ HURLEY BLASTS OLD FLAME OVER 'TAT'

By Fiona Cummins Showbiz Reporter

LIZ Hurley has poured scorn on a former lover's lavish gifts of jewellery.

The model and actress - who dated Hugh Grant for 13 years before they broke up in 2000 - said the gems left her cold.

Liz, 41, revealed: "In the past, I was given jewellery by someone who gave me what he liked with no regard to the fact that it wasn't remotely to my taste."

She added: "Blind with love, I wore those fussy, intricate, period pieces which looked all wrong on me as I like - and suit - sleek, clean lines."

But Liz obviously didn't feel strongly enough to return the gifts.

She said: "When we split up, they went to the bank, where they remain in a sulky little pile."

Liz, who is due to wed Arun Nayar in India in March, said she has no such problems with the new man in her life.

She told Ultra magazine: "My gorgeous fianc goes to bed reading Sotheby's and Christie's jewellery catalogues.

If Liz Hurley doesn't want to be the size of Marilyn Monroe, if she lets her young son dictate how many more children she will have and even allows him to name them, and if she didn't like the jewelry Hugh Grant gave her, fine--she's entitled to her preferences like anyone else. But why yammer on about it? She must be fairly self-obsessed to not realize that this kind of information is inappropriate to broadcast.

If Liz Hurley doesn't want to be the size of Marilyn Monroe, if she lets her young son dictate how many more children she will have and even allows him to name them, and if she didn't like the jewelry Hugh Grant gave her, fine--she's entitled to her preferences like anyone else. But why yammer on about it? She must be fairly self-obsessed to not realize that this kind of information is inappropriate to broadcast.

She's not talking about hugh grant...she's talking about that idiot who spermed her kid. She and Grant are still partners and really good friends.

6 January 2007

BOLLYWED LIZ

EXCLUSIVE HURLEY AND ARUN'S FIVE-DAY INDIAN WEDDING MARATHON

Eva Simpson & Caroline Hedley

IT WILL be the most starstudded wedding of the year - and we've got a sneak preview of the invite.

Liz Hurley and fiance Arun Nayar are flying guests to India to help them celebrate their £450,000 five-day extravaganza in March.

The couple chose a simple invitation on thick ivory card to announce their nuptials, which will take place from "Bombay to Rajasthan".

Details were printed in old-fashioned black script, and friends and family were asked to confirm their attendance using the enclosed reply card.

One guest says: "It's a very tasteful invitation. And if this is anything to go by, the wedding will be a classy, and expensive, affair.

"Elizabeth doesn't do anything by halves. There are already all sorts of rumours about what she's planning - but it will definitely be lavish."

Liz and Arun are planning to tie the knot in an English ceremony close to her £3million home in the Cotswolds on March 3. Possible venues include the Barnsley House Hotel, near to her country pile, and Sudeley Castle owned by close pal Henry Dent-Brocklehurst.

Two days later, the newlyweds will head to India - Arun's birthplace - to continue the party. The five-day bash is expected to contain all the elements of a traditional Indian wedding.

Model Liz, 41, will wear an exquisite £4,000 jewelled sari, while elephants and white horses will form part of the festivities.

Hugh Grant, Elton John and David Furnish are expected to be among the guests but Victoria Beckham can't attend owing to a prior engagement.

Our source tells us: "No expense will be spared, with the finest Indian food and drinks laid on for guests.

"While the UK wedding will be a quiet affair, the Indian celebration will be over-the-top and flamboyant

"Liz is hoping that their friends will be able to make all five days. It will certainly be a wedding party to remember."

Liz and Arun are already on a his-and-hers diet to get in shape.

Liz said recently: "Arun and I decided that, when we marry, we want to be really fit and healthy.

"I'm doing three sessions of exercise a week and eating a low-fat diet with plenty of natural vitamins. Over the next four months, we'll transform ourselves into a glowing god and goddess."

Don't worry, LIz, you can let yourself go when it's all over...

11 January 2007

TURBAN HIMS

Eva Simpson & Caroline Hedley

PLANS for Liz Hurley's Indian nuptials get stranger by the minute.

Not only will there be elephants and wild horses at the five-day bash, but Elton John, David Beckham and other male guests will be wearing turbans. Check out how we think they may look!

All guests at the bash in March have been sent an "orientation pack" detailing what to wear.

Outfits must range from "glamorous casual" to "glamorous and fabulous". No pressure, then.

Outfits must range from "glamorous casual" to "glamorous and fabulous". No pressure, then.

Did she go as far as P Diddy did for his last ball, telling the female guests to get pedicures?? ;) [i want to say he required bikini waxes as well but I think that's just me projecting more idiocy onto the situation....]

3.a.m.girls

HUGH OFF LIZ LIST FOR WEDDING

By Pete Samson

HUGH Grant has revealed he has been left off Liz Hurley's wedding invitation list.

Their 13-year relationship ended in 2000 yet the two stars have remained good friends.

But Hugh, 46, said: "I don't think many people invite their ex when they get married, so I'm not bitter and there's no bad feeling or weirdness."

Liz, 41, marries businessman Arun Nayar in March amid a week of lavish celebrations.

Hugh also spoke of his love for new partner Jemima Khan, 33.

He told Hello! magazine: "I like a strong woman and always have. My mother was quite a strong woman and I find men who have strong mothers get quite attracted to strong women."

Hurley Secretly Married at English Castle

Reuters

WINCHCOMBE, England (March 3) - Elizabeth Hurley has secretly married Indian businessman Arun Nayar and the couple were preparing to host a lavish wedding party on Saturday at an English castle.

Hurley, 41, and Nayar, 42, married on Friday in a civil ceremony in western England at Sudeley Castle, where celebrity guests were gathering for the party on Saturday, a local government spokeswoman said.

"We can confirm a marriage took place in a private ceremony," a Gloucestershire county council spokeswoman told Reuters.

Reverend John Partington told the Daily Mirror newspaper he would bless the couple later on Saturday at Sudeley Castle in Gloucestershire, describing his blessing as "a celebration of their wedding."

It said county superintendent registrar Anne Williams conducted the civil ceremony at the castle together with another registrar in front of two witnesses.

Situated in the picturesque Cotswolds, the castle is owned by the family of Henry Dent-Brocklehurst, who is a close friend of Hurley.

Patsy Kensit, singer Sir Elton John , fashion designer Donatella Versace as well as Hurley's former lover, British actor Hugh Grant , were expected to attend the party.

Hurley's 13-year relationship with Hollywood star Grant ended in 2000 after his well-publicized encounter with a prostitute.

Two years later, she had a son with U.S. film producer Steve Bing. She met Nayar, who has celebrity status himself, shortly after her child was born.

The Daily Mirror said the couple will travel to Rajasthan on Sunday for a traditional Indian-style wedding.

Early Hurley

Sneaky supermodel Liz Hurley pulled a fast one on her wedding guests and the prying paparazzi when she secretly married boy friend Arun Nayar a day early. "They wanted to enjoy their wedding night alone," a source told Britain's Daily Mirror. "She lives her life in a gold fish bowl and this was a very precious moment." Only about a half-dozen people knew about the clandestine service on Fri day, said the source. But the duped wedding well-wishers - like Sir Elton John, Kate Moss, Elle Macpherson, Donatella Versace and possibly ex-lover Hugh Grant - weren't left in the lurch yesterday. Last night's lavish recep tion at a 15th century Eng lish castle was turned into a wedding-themed "cele bration." The Rev. John Partington said he would bless the couple, who have been dating for over two years, and perform a "cel ebration of their wedding."

Elizabeth Hurley, Spouse Arrive in India

MUMBAI, India (AP) -- Elizabeth Hurley and her husband, Arun Nayar, arrived Monday to kick off the next leg of their nuptial celebrations - six days of traditional Indian festivities that will culminate in a ceremony at a lavish palace.

Photographers snapped shots of Hurley and Nayar arriving at Mumbai's airport from London early Monday.

The couple were married Friday in a private civil ceremony at Sudeley Castle in Winchcombe, 125 miles west of London. They held a blessing and party at the castle Saturday evening, with guests including Elton John, Kate Moss, Elle Macpherson and Hurley's ex, Hugh Grant.

Hurley, 41, and Nayar, 42, have been tightlipped about their plans that likely will include a traditional "haldi" or turmeric ceremony, where bride and groom are covered in a paste of turmeric, milk and cream to cleanse and beautify the couple.

The ceremony will be hosted by family friend Parmeshwar Godrej, wife of well-known Indian industrialist Adi Godrej, the Times of India newspaper reported.

Godrej told the newspaper that the ceremony would be held in Mumbai on Monday and attended by a small group of close associates. It would be followed by a formal dinner.

In Indian marriage ceremonies, haldi or turmeric is applied to the bride's face, hands and legs and dabbed on the groom's face. Elder family members and friends then bless the couple with wishes for a happy married life.

Wedding celebrations will continue Wednesday through Saturday in the city of Jodhpur at Umaid Bhavan Palace.

Hurley and Nayar are also expected to attend a "mehendi" ceremony where intricate henna designs are applied on the bride's hands a day before the lavish reception at the palace on Saturday.

The British actress made appearances in the "Austin Powers" movies and "Bedazzled" and for several years was the international face of Estee Lauder cosmetics.

© 2007 The Associated Press.

WEDDING ROCKS

CHOPARD was the lucky jeweller responsible for making Elizabeth Hurley's enormous engagement ring, which she wore to wed Arun Nayer on Saturday at Sudeley Castle. The Assher cut 15.09 carat diamond, set in white gold and surrounded by a pave-set band, was bought by the couple from the "Haute Joallerie" collection at Chopard's Bond Street store. Elizabeth's close friend Caroline Gruosi-Scheufele, who is also the creative director and co-president of Chopard, designed the engagement ring especially for the occasion. The jewellers also created the bride's wedding band - 20 square-cut 3.91 carat diamonds also set in white gold. Guests at the wedding signed a secrecy agreement and were forced to leave cameras at the door after a weekly magazine reportedly paid over £1 million for the pictures - eclipsing Tom Cruise and Katie's recent big day as the highest-paid magazine deal in history. We wait with baited breath to see Liz in her Versace dress, which took two security guards to carry out of her London home last Friday - heavy-duty couture. (March 5 2007, AM)

post-447-1173142466.jpg

Mar 6, 10:05 AM EST

Hurley's Wedding Fest Begins in India

MUMBAI, India (AP) -- Elizabeth Hurley and Arun Nayar kicked off their Indian wedding festivities with a private dinner party in the country's financial capital Mumbai, news reports said Tuesday.

The Hindustan Times newspaper reported that 60 friends and relatives traveling with Hurley and Nayar from Britain attended the party in downtown Mumbai late Monday, and some guests were taken on a yacht ride around the city.

Hurley, 41, and Nayar, 42, were married Friday in a private civil ceremony at Sudeley Castle in Winchcombe, 125 miles west of London. They held a blessing and party at the castle Saturday evening, with guests including Elton John, Kate Moss, Elle Macpherson and Hurley's ex-boyfriend Hugh Grant.

The couple's Indian friends hosting the parties in Mumbai were tightlipped about other events, but the Indian Express newspaper published details of planned festivities.

The newspaper quoted guests as saying a "haldi" ceremony followed by a black-tie dinner earlier scheduled for Monday was shifted to late Tuesday.

Indian weddings include a traditional "haldi" (turmeric) ceremony, in which the bride and groom are covered in a paste of turmeric, milk and cream believed to cleanse and beautify them.

The British model-actress and Nayar, a businessman, arrived in Mumbai early Monday to begin six days of celebrations, which will end with a ceremony at Umaid Bhavan Palace, the Maharaja of Jodphur's palace-turned-luxury resort in the state of Rajasthan in western India.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

For some reason, this guy just gives me the creeps. On the other hand, can't wait to see the wedding photos :)

Elizabeth Hurley: I Cried at My Wedding

WEDNESDAY MARCH 07, 2007 08:00 AM EST

By Sara Hammel

people.com

Elizabeth Hurley's wedding to Arun Nayar may have been unlike most – she was given away by Elton John – but she was as emotional as any bride, she says.

"I cried in the church, during Elton's speech and during our first dance," Hurley, 41, tells Hello! magazine. "I'm afraid my stiff upper lip deserted me."

Nayar, 42, an Indian businessman, was overcome as well. When his bride walked down the aisle, "I have never seen anyone look so beautiful, and I was so full of emotion that I had to struggle not to cry," he says. "I felt so full of love for her.?

The couple wed on Saturday in a 90-minute religious ceremony (which followed a small civil ceremony the day before) at Sudeley Castle in Winchcombe, 125 miles west of London.

Hurley's ex, Hugh Grant, was not among the celebrity guests (who included Elle Macpherson, Eva Herzigova and Yasmin Le Bon). "We adore our exes," Hurley tells Hello!, "but we thought it would make all four of us feel a bit sad." (Nayar was previously married to Italian model Valentina Pedroni.)

On Monday, the newlyweds arrived in Mumbai, India, for a week of celebrations, which began Monday night with a private dinner reception at the city's Taj Hotel.

One small hitch in their plans: Mumbai authorities reportedly demolished the party tents and wooden structures set up for a party at Juhu beach. "Illegal encroachment along the beach coastline is not allowed," SS Zende, a Mumbai municipal officer, tells AFP.

For details on Elizabeth's wedding dress, the lavish reception and more, pick up the new issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday.