princess

Elizabeth Hurley

Is anyone else trying to figure out how she's going to get that many carats on one finger (engagement and wedding rings) Or will she wear one on another hand/finger? Or alternate?

Actress Continues Opulent Wedding Tour

AP

Elizabeth Hurley and her new husband, Arun Nayar, were to be serenaded under the stars on the second leg of their opulent wedding tour, Indian media reported.

The couple, who were married last week in a castle outside London, were to be joined by scores of celebrity guests Thursday for a night of Rajasthani folk music at the 11th-century Nagaur Fort, about 87 miles north of Jodhpur, in western India, the Press Trust of India news agency reported.

They arrived in Jodhpur, a city famed for its azure blue buildings, on Wednesday, after two days of parties in Mumbai, the country's financial and entertainment capital.

After landing in Jodphur, the couple and Hurley's young son, Damian, sped off in a Bentley to the Umaid Bhavan Palace, home of the former prince of Jodhpur, parts of which have been converted into a luxury hotel.

Roads leading to the massive domed palace were blocked for several miles to keep away curious onlookers and scores of paparazzi.

After arriving at the palace, the 41-year-old British actress-model took part in a traditional "mehendi" ceremony, where intricate henna tattoos were applied to her hands, PTI reported.

Guests, including Princess Marie Chantal of Greece and Elton John's partner, David Furnish, were entertained by folk dancers and a cricket match on the plush palace lawns, PTI said.

The couple were to hold a traditional Indian wedding ceremony at the palace Friday.

Hurley and Nayar, 42, were staying in the $3,000-per-night Maharaja suite, palace general manager Sanjay Umashankar told the Hindustan Times. The rest of the 347-room hotel was reserved for $100,000 per night, and Nayar had hundreds of bottles of wine and champagne flown in, the newspaper said.

Is anyone else trying to figure out how she's going to get that many carats on one finger (engagement and wedding rings) Or will she wear one on another hand/finger? Or alternate?

I have no idea how someone would wear a rock that f*&(ing big. :huh:

At least it's white gold--that'll lighten it some. My engagement ring and wedding band are platinum (because I just :wub: platinum!!!) and they're so heavy. Especially compared to my husband's ring--his is titanium--total opposite of mine. But then, I'm not wearing 20karats of diamonds either--my band is irish knots, no stones, and my engagement ring is an estate piece, a sapphire...

popbitch.com

>> Hurly-burly <<

Milkman's grand-daughter weds in palace

With Liz Hurley's wedding splashed all over

the media we can't help but recall our

favourite fact about her. Liz's grandfather

was called Mr Tit and used to be Tara

Palmer-Tompkinson's family's milkman.

Elizabeth Hurley arriving at Jodhpur airport with husband & son (03/07/07)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

source: superiorpics

Ok, I do have a celebrity crush on Elizabeth Hurley(smokin' bod and sexy accent not because of any real talent)...congrats on her marriage, but would she please sit her fine ass down somewhere...I mean what is this Hurley Marriage Tour '07? :D

UK MIRROR

Liz Hurley to wear pink sari for wedding

LIZ WEDDING JUST ARUNS AND ARUNS

10/03/2007

LIZ Hurley looked triply pleased last night - after her THIRD wedding ceremony to Arun Nayar.

Liz, 41, and Arun, 42, repeated their vows at a Hindu ceremony - after he rode in on a stallion ahead of a line of elephants, camels and horses. The bride, in a diamondencrusted gown, also had a henna tattoo of his face on her hands.

Their nuptials in Jodhpur, India, follow a Gloucestershire wedding on March 2 and a blessing the day after. A guest said yesterday: "We are partying all night these days and hardly get any time to sleep."

I wish her luck. Outside of being dumb enough to pal around with Pam Anderson, I really don't have anything against the woman. And this guy is HOT!!

Hollywood News

Jodhpur court accepts petition against Liz Hurley, Arun Nayar

A Jodhpur court on Tuesday accepted a petition alleging Hollywood actress Elizabeth Hurley and her Indian-born husband Arun Nayar of breaching the sanctity of Hindu rituals during their lavish wedding celebrations last week.

The petition, filed by one Vishnu Khandelwal, a 44 year-old resident of Jodhpur, said the couple had their wedding vows under Christian customs and therefore they were not eligible for a Hindu marriage.

'This is the first ever case in India where a couple already married has gone through another marriage. There seems to be a deep-rooted conspiracy in this entire issue. The couple has been, through their act, trying to canvass for the spread of Christianity and utilizing the Hindu marriage they have hurt the people's sentiments. This is a punishable offence according to the Indian Penal code 295 A,' said Hastimal Saraswat, counsel for Khandelwal.

Hurley, 41, married Indian businessman Arun Nayar, 42, on Friday in a lavish ceremony after their civil wedding last week at a castle in England.

The wedding sparked some controversy in the Rajasthan Assembly where a Left member dubbed the event a symbol of feudalism.

The couple's two-night stopover in Mumbai earlier in the week was also immersed in problems after authorities tore down part of a venue built to host the wedding party because it infringed on a popular beach.

The celebrity couple left India on Saturday amidst tight security from Mumbai, concluding week-long wedding celebrations.

--- ANI

popbitch.com

>> Wedded bliss <<

Opium for the masses

Liz Hurley and Arun Nayar's Indian wedding

really did have everything. Guests say there

was even a helpful man offering around a

bowl of opium.

'This is the first ever case in India where a couple already married has gone through another marriage. There seems to be a deep-rooted conspiracy in this entire issue. The couple has been, through their act, trying to canvass for the spread of Christianity and utilizing the Hindu marriage they have hurt the people's sentiments. This is a punishable offence according to the Indian Penal code 295 A,' said Hastimal Saraswat, counsel for Khandelwal.

Hmm. Can this really be the first time a couple had a Christian ceremony abroad and then a Hindu one in India? Over the years I've had friends marry interculturally and do exactly this. :huh:

Elizabeth Hurley - Elton Johns 60th Birthday (03/24/07)

]Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image [/size][/font]

Source:CandidModel:naughty

Elizabeth Hurley arriving at Jodhpur airport with husband & son (03/07/07)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

source: superiorpics

Please tell me it's not what it looks like and that she didn't dress her Steve Bing-a-like brat in jodhpurs while in Jodhpur!!!!!

Father-in-law 'humiliated' by lavish Hurley wedding

1 hour, 42 minutes ago

LONDON (AFP) - The Indian father-in-law of British actress

Elizabeth Hurley said in an interview Sunday that he had cut ties with his son, Arun Nayer, amid anger over their lavish wedding.

ADVERTISEMENT

Vinod Nayer told the Sunday Mirror from Mumbai that he and his wife Joanne felt "publicly humiliated" and treated "like social outcasts" at the event, which took place in Britain and India last month.

"Liz and Arun have treated us very shabbily. My heart is heavy with pain," the newspaper quoted him as saying.

Nayer senior, a textile magnate, claims that the couple seemed to disrespect Indian relatives and did not act with consideration towards him and his wife.

"We were pushed into the background like poor relations. This has broken my heart," the 66-year-old added.

Guests at the wedding celebrations included singer Sir

Elton John and supermodel Elle Macpherson.

"I have decided to cut all ties with my sons...I feel that Liz and Arun behaved shamefully and placed more importance on showing off than their own family," Nayer senior added.

He said that he had not spoken to his son since the wedding and had sent him a letter accusing him of having "disregarded me like one of your office boys."

"You have shown disrespect to me and my family, plus my dear friends who have been with me since your birth," the letter reportedly said.

Liz Hurley outlawed by in-law

Paul Kent, London

April 11, 2007 12:00am

IN a bizarre twist to her recent wedding ceremony, model and actor Liz Hurley is being threatened with a three-year jail term for breaching Hindu customs.

Wedding snaps she sold to Hello! for $5 million might be used to prosecute her, combined with evidence from her new father-in-law.

A Devout Hindu, Vishnu Khandelwal has begun legal proceedings saying their lavish wedding broke with Hindu rites.

Among allegations are that Hurley refused to remove her shoes when they arrived at the marriage mandap (marriage place) and she drank alcohol.

Pictures of the pair kissing in Hello! will be used to show that they failed to "behave soberly", while it was noted that public kissing was also against Hindu culture.

"We are using the Hello! pictures to prove our case," prosecuting lawyer HM Saraswat said.

Mr Nayar publicly disowned his son and daughter-in-law last week after claiming he and other Indian guests at the wedding were made to feel like a "second-class citizens" in comparison with the European guests at the lavish do. If found guilty of a "deliberate and malicious act" against the religion, both Hurley and her husband, Arun, face a possible three-year jail sentence.

"An arrest warrant could be issued for Arun and Liz as soon as the prosecution has made its case -- either because they are summonsed to give evidence or they have been found guilty," Mr Saraswat said.

The pair could also face a huge fine, putting a sizeable hole in their Hello! advance, by the presiding judge if he decides there is a prima facie case to answer.

His family needs to get over it already. Prosecution? Methinks there is something more to story. You just don't turn on your own son like that over such a stupid thing. Or do you?