BobbyD

Most Anticipated Movies In 2009

2009 Movie Releases  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What movies are you anticipating seeing in 2009? There aren't too many superhero flicks...but should be a decent year in movies. :4biggrin:

LOL! I think me and you are the only people that chose Sherlock. I like Guy Richie...I would like to see what his take, with his style, would be on the classic.

Potter will be great for Potter fans(which I'm not)...Wolverine/Watchmen will probably suck since Comic Book Movies will suck ass after the greatness of Dark Knight, Iron Man, Incredible Hulk...lol :banana:

I'm excited about Sherlock too, esp. after seeing the shirtless stills of RDJ on set. Yum. But <hanging head in embarassment> I still have to rent Iron Man :unsure:

I voted for "Public Enemies." Johnny Depp and Christian Bale in the same film?? I am SO there. :inlove:

If I could vote twice, though, I would cast my second vote for "Where the Wild Things Are." Maurice Sendak has been popular around here for a long time.

"And now," cried Max, "Let the wild rumpus start!" :jumping1:

LOL! I think me and you are the only people that chose Sherlock. I like Guy Richie...I would like to see what his take, with his style, would be on the classic.

I like Guy Ritchie too. I really enjoyed RocknRolla. I thought it was a slow pace gangster films but the characters and the dialogues were spot on. I can't wait to see their satanist cult leader villain all that kind of things. And RDJ is a great actor so I can't wait.

:jumping1: Watchmen :jumping1: there are no words to describe how excruciating this legal battle is :BangHead:

Harry Potter, sadly my thoughts may wander from the plot after Equus though......

I like Guy Ritchie too. I really enjoyed RocknRolla. I thought it was a slow pace gangster films but the characters and the dialogues were spot on. I can't wait to see their satanist cult leader villain all that kind of things. And RDJ is a great actor so I can't wait.

Enjoyed RocknRolla as well. My date couldn't get enough of Gerard Butler either...but then, Thandie looked good to me as well. It's a shame it didn't do better here at the box office. :BangHead:

I think Richie needs to do some flicks outside of only what he writes, to get a bigger audience. We'll see what happens with Sherlock.

:jumping1: Watchmen :jumping1: there are no words to describe how excruciating this legal battle is :BangHead:

Harry Potter, sadly my thoughts may wander from the plot after Equus though......

Taco, did you read the graphic novel? I tried...God help me, I tried. I just couldn't finish....it was so hard to follow.

Enjoyed RocknRolla as well. My date couldn't get enough of Gerard Butler either...but then, Thandie looked good to me as well. It's a shame it didn't do better here at the box office. :BangHead:

I think Richie needs to do some flicks outside of only what he writes, to get a bigger audience. We'll see what happens with Sherlock.

Actually, I was more involved with Mark Strong (Archie) than with Gerard...oh and with Tom Hardy. The day I went to see it the theater was full and people was laughing...and some left halfway through.

And I agree with you Bobby, Guy needs to step out of his comfort zone...still he tried with swept away; however directing Madonna is possibly like asking a rock to convey some emotions...or to Gwyneth Paltrow in real life.

Actually, I was more involved with Mark Strong (Archie) than with Gerard...oh and with Tom Hardy. The day I went to see it the theater was full and people was laughing...and some left halfway through.

And I agree with you Bobby, Guy needs to step out of his comfort zone...still he tried with swept away; however directing Madonna is possibly like asking a rock to convey some emotions...or to Gwyneth Paltrow in real life.

Yeah, I thought Archie and Tom Hardy's character were the best people in the movie. Lock, Stock, is still his best..we'll see what happens with Sherlock.

Agree with Madonna/Paltrow comparison...brilliant. :4biggrin:

Oooh!

1. Watchmen (yes yes yes!!)

2. Star Trek (regardless of the raping of our childhood memories of Spock)

3. The Time Travelers Wife (NOT LISTED??!! I just wish Gosling was in it. :( Bana is bleh)

Taco, did you read the graphic novel? I tried...God help me, I tried. I just couldn't finish....it was so hard to follow.

:hellowave:

I re-read that thing a few times before it all sunk in, I love the images so much that I stuck with it. Can't wait to see how it translates, the trailers look amazing :4biggrin:

Well, I heard Zack is deviating from the book, somewhat. I won't spoil it. :blink:

At least you had to re-read it a few times, so at least I know it just isn't me. :4biggrin:

I'm not really anticipating any movies for 2009. I put Harry Potter because of all of the ones listed it's the only one on the list I'm sure I'm going to see but I'm not excited enough about it to see it in the theaters (I've waited for the DVD for all of the Harry Potter movies.)

I need for them to annouce Batman 3 so I can anticipated that in 2010 or 2011. :)

Bobby have you seen this:

Warner Brothers Has Put All DC Comics Movies on Hold

January 8, 2009

Source: IESB

http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/01/08/war...movies-on-hold/

by Alex Billington

An interesting update today regarding Warner Brothers and the DC Comics side of things. While that does include Watchmen, that's not exactly what this is about. IESB recently talked with David S. Goyer, who is credited for coming up with the story in The Dark Knight. When asked about the status of other comic book projects he's involved in (e.g. The Flash), Goyer told them that "a lot of the DC movies right now at Warner Brothers are all on hold while they figure out — they're going to come up with some new plan, methodology, things like that — so everything has just been pressed pause on at the moment."

Before we dissect his statements even further, we'll let Goyer briefly explain why Warner Brothers is in that holding pattern. "It was the double header of both Iron Man and The Dark Knight coming out, so more than ever I think they realized — I think DC Comics was responsible for 15% of Warner Brothers' revenue this year, something crazy like that, so they realized that comic books — it's become a new genre and it's become one of the most successful genres." Throw in the combination of the hype for Watchmen and legal woes of Watchmen, and I can understand why DC Comics is saturating the minds of the execs there.

So what does this mean? Well, if anything, it means bigger and better movies are on their way. As audience members, we already know how big the comic book movie genre is, but I think Warner Brothers is just now realizing the ultimate potential of the DC Universe. I'm guessing part of this holding pattern also has to do with Marvel stepping out in front with their plans for The Avengers movie. Maybe the execs at Warner Brothers want to finally try and make a real Justice League movie a reality. Meaning they need to coordinate their efforts to now focus on crossovers and so much more. Either way, it's an exciting future ahead!

Thanks, Ty...did not know about this. I take that as good and bad news...The good news, Dark Knight & Iron Man have raised the bar on comic book movies...no more sucky flicks. Bad news...will they do away with men in tightsssssss? :4biggrin:

Thanks, Ty...did not know about this. I take that as good and bad news...The good news, Dark Knight & Iron Man have raised the bar on comic book movies...no more sucky flicks. Bad news...will they do away with men in tightsssssss? :4biggrin:

I hope not, I really need Batman3 in 3D :drool:

Unless someone out there can come up with an ORIGINAL idea to develop a movie around, I don't know if there's anything I'm anticipating. It's obvious from the constant remakes that there's a serious lack of writing talent in Hollywood these days. What the hell happened? Are all the talented writers working only for cable now? :1smile:

hmmm...there are quite a few good movies.

i'd have to say transformers: revenge of the fallen, harry potter and the half-blood prince, g.i. joe, new moon, and sherlock holmes

they all look really good.