Sign in to follow this  
BobbyD

Who Would You Most Like To Win An Oscar?

Who Most Would You Like To Win An Oscar?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok...I was trying to figure out how to do a Oscar Win Poll without making 20 different polls for the different categories.

So I basically thought...who would you most like to win an Oscar? It's not necessarily all about who is more deserving...but who do y'all think would make it a special evening?

I'm torn between Rourke(what a great comeback, after destroying his own career), Heath Ledger, Slumdog(to make up for Crash winning and celebrate a good movie with a diverse cast).

So what do y'all think? :3huh:

Edited by BobbyD

Just for pure, unaffected joy, I'd like to see 'Slumdog' walk away with Best Movie. That cast is so happy, excited and genuinely surprised and grateful at their success, I want to see them win an Oscar.

Sean Penn as Best Actor for 'Milk,' but in the spirit of your poll, I agree that Mickey Rourke would be a happy yet still deserved, shocker. Maybe he'll hit the red carpet with one of his pooches in tow.

Kate Winslet, because she so overdue. Poor girl is always the bridesmaid, never the bride. I just would love to see her win.

Ditto :D

I kind of agree about Winslet but I think she'll get more chances(based on the incredible actress she is) along with Sean Penn, Amy Adams and Meryl Streep.

Tough to see Mickey Rourke or Heath Ledger ever having the chance again.

This poll is turning into a shocker(so far). :shocked:

I chose Winslet. I don't think it should be about being around to get another chance. It should be about the performances given this year. I hope Sean Penn wins for Best Actor. He was phenomenal in Milk. If Rourke is in a position where nobody will give him a chance at a good role now, even after The Wrestler, then he certainly isn't the kind of actor who deserves an Oscar, in my opinion.

Yeah, I wish I could believe that Oscar's would go to the best person/movie with the best performances of that year. But working in this business...and watching Denzel(training day, of all movies) beat Russell Crowe...Crash beat Brokeback Mountain(wtf?)...Julia Roberts beat Ellen Burstyn, and my hope diminishes. And knowing Oscar's can get pretty political. :4biggrin:

Again..this poll is for fun...very surprised it isn't Heath in a runaway.

Edited by BobbyD

I was torn between Winslet and Ledger. Went with Winslet b/c I felt that I was too biased b/c of Ledger's death, even though I felt his performance was brilliant. But Oscar worthy? Perhaps, but I can't trust my judgment. Anyway, if I could vote again, I'd pick Ledger after Kate :)

Well, I voted Winslet too but to make it a special evening ? why, then Miss Jolie should have it - that would excite even the dead ? :alien_dance: