Sign in to follow this  
sanlee

Lady GaGa

Producer files $30M suit against Lady Gaga in NYC

A songwriter and music producer who claims he helped launch pop star Lady Gaga says she squeezed him out of her lucrative career after he co-wrote some of her songs, came up with her stage name and helped get her record deal.

Rob Fusari filed a $30.5 million lawsuit against the Grammy Award-winning performer, saying his protege and former girlfriend ditched him as her career soared.

"All business is personal," said the lawsuit, filed Wednesday in a Manhattan state court.

Lady Gaga's spokesman, Dave Tomberlin, didn't immediately respond to an e-mail sent Thursday by The Associated Press.

Fusari had credits on such hits as Will Smith's "Wild, Wild West" and Destiny's Child's "Bootylicious" when a friend steered the piano-playing singer — then known by her real name, Stefani Germanotta — to him in March 2006, according to his lawsuit.

Though he initially dismissed her, he realized she had star potential after hearing her play in his Parsippany, New Jersey, studio, the suit said. He spent the next several months working with her every day and "radically reshaping her approach," persuading her to drop rock riffs for dance beats, it said.

As they co-wrote songs such as "Paparazzi" and "Beautiful, Dirty, Rich," which would appear on her debut album, "The Fame," he transformed Germanotta into Lady Gaga, a name adapted from Queen's "Radio Ga Ga," the lawsuit said.

In a 2009 interview with the AP, Lady Gaga said her "realization of Gaga was five years ago, but Gaga's always been who I am."

"I was Gaga from the time that I was 19 through my first record deal," the 23-year-old said of her over-the-top, avant-garde style, which has captured the imaginations of millions of fans. "I always dressed like that before people knew me as Lady Gaga. I was always that way ... I stuck out like a sore thumb."

According to the lawsuit, Lady Gaga and Fusari's relationship turned romantic and then became a business partnership in May 2006, when they created a joint venture called Team Love Child LLC to promote her career. Fusari's share was 20 percent, it said.

Fusari — whose account of his role in the multiplatinum-selling artist's early career has been told in interviews — says he introduced Lady Gaga to a record executive who ultimately shepherded her to Universal Music Group's Interscope Records, which released "The Fame" in 2008. The album has sold more than 3 million copies in the United States; Fusari has a producing credit.

But the lawsuit says their personal and business relationship had soured by then and he has been denied a 20 percent share of song royalties, 15 percent of merchandising revenue and other money he's owed. He acknowledges getting checks for about $611,000 but says that isn't his full share.

Lady Gaga won two Grammys in January: best dance recording, for "Poker Face," and best electronic/dance album, for "The Fame."

___

AP Music Writer Nekesa Moody and AP Writer Mesfin Fekadu in New York contributed to this report.

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...L#ixzz0iaD5C5Dl

Lady Gaga fires back in NY court at music producer

AP

NEW YORK – Lady Gaga is firing back at a music producer who claims he launched her career and is suing her for $30.5 million.

Her lawyer said in a court filing made public Friday the agreement at the heart of the suit was "unlawful."

Song writer and music producer Rob Fusari filed the lawsuit Wednesday in Manhattan against the Grammy Award-winning performer. He said his protege and former girlfriend, whose real name is Stefani Germanotta, ditched him as her career soared.

The lawsuit said they co-wrote songs such as "Paparazzi" and "Beautiful, Dirty, Rich." Fusari also said he came up with her stage name and helped get her record deal.

According to the lawsuit, Lady Gaga and Fusari's relationship turned romantic and then became a business partnership in May 2006, when they created a joint venture called Team Love Child LLC to promote her career. Fusari's share was 20 percent.

But Lady Gaga lawyer Charles Ortner wrote in his response that the arrangement was "structured in such a way as to mask its true purpose — to provide to the defendants unlawful compensation for their services as unlicensed employment agents."

Ortner wrote that Fusari and his company violated statutes that prohibited them from "acting as employment agents without a license and charging Lady Gaga an unlawful fee for their purported services."

Fusari's lawyer, Robert S. Meloni, called the claim "ludicrous" in an e-mail to The Associated Press.

"Fusari is a PARTNER in the Team Love LLC with Gag and her father (through their company Mermaid)," Meloni wrote. "Rob was no more of an 'agent' for her than she is a Roman Catholic nun."

Ortner did not immediately respond to a phone message left at his office and an e-mail.

Lady Gaga won two Grammys in January: best dance recording, for "Poker Face," and best electronic/dance album, for "The Fame."

Lady Gaga defends controversial 'Telephone' video

Lady Gaga has defended the raunchy video for her new track "Telephone," insisting the film is "groundbreaking."

The nine-and-a-half minute long promo has caused a stir online, attracting more than 12 million views in the three days after it debuted on YouTube.

It shows the "Poker Face" hitmaker being taken into a women-only prison and includes scenes of nudity, swearing, a lesbian kiss and simulated murder.

Gaga even refers to rumors she has both male and female sex organs - by pixelating her genitalia in the raunchy footage.

But despite some backlash over the promo - which co-stars Beyonce - Gaga is pleased she touched on subjects of homosexuality and is adamant the video will be remembered for a long time.

She says, "There are transsexual women and transgender women and suddenly it becomes poisonous and something else because there are some people in this world that believe being gay is a choice. It's not a choice, we're born this way. That's why for me this video is groundbreaking because it has one foot in the art community and one foot in the commercial world.

"I told Beyonce this after it aired, you'll see this video is not just great now but six months from now what this video will mean. Hearing people say the video is sadomasochistic or that the video promotes murder for young people, it's my personal belief that the video is getting so much attention not because of those themes because I've done those themes before, haven't I?

"There are no rules or limits when it comes to love. But I see love as separate from sex."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0ixqA1ukT

I really don't like her. And I think it is because she is supposedly so out there and original. However, she is just Madonna-lite.

Posted Image

Sporting a spiked letterman jacket and leopard tights, Lady Gaga arrives in style for her Melbourne concert Wednesday. The singer is touring Australia with her Monster Ball tour.

Lady GaGa’s New Boyfriend a Gold Digger?

IS Lady GaGa caught in a Bad Romance?

Sources say the singer’s new boyfriend is only interested in dating the pop superstar for her Fame and Money Honey.

Matthew “Dada” Williams apparently left longtime love Erin Hirsh — the mother of his 10-month-old son — to play the Love Game with GaGa, whom he dated several years ago, because it’s good for his own career.

“Being with GaGa is great for Matt’s career and definitely his bank account,” a source close to the situation told American tabloid the National Enquirer.

“Basically, that’s why he gave in and started dating her again.”

GaGa — real name Stefani Germanotta — has been dating Williams, 24, secretly for months.

They had already had a fling in 2008 before he met his baby mama Erin. But GaGa ended their first brief working romance as she didn’t want distractions in her efforts to dominate the charts

Meanwhile, Erin is said to be furious about Matt’s romance with the eccentric singer.

“Erin is very upset about what has happened,” a source said last month.

“Now she won’t even have the name Lady Gaga mentioned in front of her.

“Losing the father of her child to this woman and seeing pictures of him kissing her was bad enough — an absolute shock to everyone.

“But then seeing Gaga holding their baby in public has been totally devastating for Erin.

“There were words between her and Matthew but he’s absolutely not apologized. He’s so caught up on the magic ride of fame with Gaga he thinks he’s done nothing wrong.”

Source showbizspy.com

M.I.A.: 'Lady Gaga isn't progressive'

Rapper/singer M.I.A. has blasted critics who compare her to Lady Gaga because she doesn't think the pop star is very original.

The "Paper Planes" hit maker is impressed by the singer's ability to "mimic" her heroes but insists Gaga hasn't done enough to establish herself as an innovator.

M.I.A. tells Britain's NME, "People say we're similar, that we both mix all these things (influences) in the pot and spit them out differently, but she spits it out exactly the same! None of her music's reflective of how weird she wants to be or thinks she is. She models herself on Grace Jones and Madonna, but the music sounds like 20-year-old Ibiza music, you know? She's not progressive, but she's a good mimic. She sounds more like me than I [bleep] do! That's a talent and she's got a great team behind her, but she's the industry's last stab at making itself important -- saying, 'You need our money behind you, the endorsements, the stadiums'. Respect to her, she's keeping a hundred thousand people in work, but my belief is: Do it yourself."

And the star, real name Maya Arulpragasam, isn't fond of Gaga's latest hit single, "Telephone," either.

She rants, "Lady Gaga plugs 15 things in her new video. Dude, she even plugs a burger! That's probably how (record companies) are making money right now -- buying up the burger joint, putting the burger in a music video and making loads of burger money."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/dailyd...8#ixzz0kjRRWQCN

Posted Image

LACE FRONT

Viva Glam spokesmodel Lady Gaga puts on a racy – and lacy! – performance in Tokyo Tuesday as part of the makeup company's Pan-Asia Viva Glam launch.

Sorry, not a fan. I guess I'm just too old for this crap. I also hate techno/electro pop music and I cringe whenever I hear Cher sing that effed up song, Believe or whatever the hell it's called. It reminds me of aliens or some kid playing around with his older sibling's sound equipment. Sorry, really on a rant here. It just kinda pisses me off when theatrics take over to cover an otherwise craptastic performance. The only ones allowed to do that in my book were Freddie Mercury and David Bowie, real talent. GaGa gags me.

Sorry, not a fan. I guess I'm just too old for this crap. I also hate techno/electro pop music and I cringe whenever I hear Cher sing that effed up song, Believe or whatever the hell it's called. It reminds me of aliens or some kid playing around with his older sibling's sound equipment. Sorry, really on a rant here. It just kinda pisses me off when theatrics take over to cover an otherwise craptastic performance. The only ones allowed to do that in my book were Freddie Mercury and David Bowie, real talent. GaGa gags me.

Ditto.

Lady GaGa without makeup has to be one of the homeliest people out there. Being trying to be Madonna and Gwen Stefani at the same, I think she is a tad confused.

I just watched her new video, Born This Way. I liked the song and thought I had heard it before. And then watching the whole, production, I realized it was Madonna - again. I don't know enough about her to know if she is purposely a tribute band to Madonna, or hates the comparisons. But this video was done 20 years ago (not literally - figuratively). Complete with the spoken part right smack in the middle.

I loved that Madonna and maybe this generation needs one of their own. But own it already......

From TMZ on 7/7/13

So any guesses as to what is her big secret? Is this only the Lina Morgana stuff rehashed or is there something more?

Lady Gaga is so afraid of what is being said in a lawsuit involving two of the people who discovered her, that she's filed legal docs to try and keep certain information from EVER seeing the light of day.

Former Gaga collaborator and close friend Wendy Starland sued Gaga's former BF/producer Rob Fusari in 2010, claiming Fusari screwed her out of revenues she felt she was owed for her role in discovering Gaga.

Earlier this week, Gaga filed docs pleading with the court to seal certain information in the Starland/Fusari case. She claims the info is "sensitive, private, and personal."

Gaga claims that if the info went public, it would "inflict significant personal and professional harm upon" her. She also says that she and Fusari are legally bound to keep the information private as part of a non-disparagement agreement between the two.

A judge has yet to rule.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/page/2/#ixzz2YU8N5sEM

Visit Fishwrapper: http://www.fishwrapper.com

From TMZ on 7/7/13

So any guesses as to what is her big secret? Is this only the Lina Morgana stuff rehashed or is there something more?

Rumor has it she has an eating disorder. That's all I've really heard about her.