Sign in to follow this  
HoneyBunny

PROJECT RUNWAY

Project Runway- the LifeTime Season #1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did anybody catch the promos for the new season yet on Lifetime?

I was watching a Will & Grace rerun and was bowled over by the awesome production value of the short intros that gave background on some of the aspiring designers.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

New Season starts August 20th.

Start the Count Down!!!!!!!!!!

Heidi.....Tim.....I can't wait.......

Here's the official LifeTime website with info on the contestants:

http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/project-runway

Project Runway Designers | myLifetime.com

:4biggrin: :woohoo: :4biggrin:

(I know I'm starting this thread early but I am soooooooo ready for this show to come back. What can I say, Summer tv sucks and I'm running out of stuff to write about.)

BEST NEWS EVER (so far):

LIFETIME channel is on COMCAST ON DEMAND so if you missed it or want to watch it again/share with friends, you can, over & over & over again.

BRAVO is does NOT have an ON DEMAND channel. I've always wanted Project Runway to be available for unlimited repeat viewing, like Rupaul's Drag Race was on LOGO.

YEAH!!!!!! :alien_dance: :jumping1: :alien_dance:

thanks for posting early, i would not have known the new season was about to premiere.

WHOO HOOO

:lol: Thanks for the update, tyler! I have so missed this show!

From what I heard a month or so ago, there's going to be a 2 hour special right before the premiere of the new season which will be an All Star Project Runway special. What a great way to see what past designers have been doing since their season and what a great intro to the new season! Can't wait! BB is having a double eviction that night and I will watch Bravo instead even with it being repeated!! That's how much I've missed it. :hellowave:

was disapppointed with the winner of the All-Star Challenge. -_-

The designer they sent home was frickin NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I completely loved the designer they choose as the winner. :wub: Although this person may have problems in the future because of lack of formal training & skills knowledge, it's a good start.

But overall, there is some talent. It was just great to see the old crew. :banana: Gotta admit, during the All-Star episode, the judges panel looked awful, lethargic and depressed. I wonder if it was from all the legal crap and indecision?

But by the time the new season was taped, everybody was back in tip top shape. Especially Heidi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :4biggrin: Damn woman, no wonder Seal keeps tapping that tush......

(Somebody else please start commenting. :drool: I sooooooooo want to rant about a few knuckleheads on the show. I'm trying to be coy and patient but it's not working for me!)

The designer they sent home was frickin NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I completely loved the designer they choose as the winner. :wub: Although this person may have problems in the future because of lack of formal training & skills knowledge, it's a good start.

But overall, there is some talent. It was just great to see the old crew. :banana: Gotta admit, during the All-Star episode, the judges panel looked awful, lethargic and depressed. I wonder if it was from all the legal crap and indecision?

But by the time the new season was taped, everybody was back in tip top shape. Especially Heidi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :4biggrin: Damn woman, no wonder Seal keeps tapping that tush......

(Somebody else please start commenting. :drool: I sooooooooo want to rant about a few knuckleheads on the show. I'm trying to be coy and patient but it's not working for me!)

Even my boyfriend is hooked on this show. :1smile:

The All Stars: Korto's collection was really wearable and feminine, but she is such a bitter pill! I didn't really get Daniel's collection at all, but he's a cutie. I hope Chris can slim down - it would be much healthier for him.

The new season: Did you think the kookie girl they sent home resembled LiLo's gf Sam Ronson at all??? I think I can get past the fact they had LiLo as a judge (although I think her only red carpet experience is the interaction with the biohazard cleanup team sent sterilze where she barfed the contents of her drug addled belly after strolling down the carpet in something torn and thrown over leggings). None of the "best" designs rocked my boat at all. I did like one gown from the first group to go backstage - I don't recall who made it, only that it was a champagne color and the fabric moved like a dream when it came down the runway.

What do you think of 'Models of the Runway?' I fell asleep before it was over. Just another model show, although thankfully, only 30-minutes long.

It was taped to be aired last spring but Bravo and Lifetime were fighting over the rights to show it.

I'm pissing and moaning because I have directv and they don't have Lifetime shown in HD. I have a hard time watching anything that isn't in HD anymore and Runway is one show where I want to see DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS!! :angry3:

I didn't really 'watch' the complete episode and didn't hang around long enough to see who was evicted. How bad is that? This is my most fave show and I just couldn't watch it all the way through. I'm going to try again this afternoon. I will say that I would have given the win to the eggplant dress that came in 2nd. I feel like we've seen the first place dress before. Then again, I couldn't really tell because it wasn't in HD!!!!

The soccer ball outfit designer reminded me of the skateboarder from a few years back. I think she needs to go do costumes for futuristic movies and leave it at that. The rehab guy (can't remember names yet) might be good or might not. I would have been driven crazy if I were working by him and he constantly stopped to announce he was freaking out.

I did see a bit of the model show beforehand. Ouch is all I can say.

Piss on you directv! I don't care about football ~ I want my RUNWAY in HD!! :angry:

I couldn't believe it. I liked the 3 piece collection all right, but the restaurant dress looked like what a suicide bomber would wear. What woman in the world would strap a bunch of tubes around her midsection???? He did not deserve the win, but I truly think they gave it to him because his red carpet dress was the best of the finalists. Frankly, I thought Uli should have won, but she was eliminated right off the top. Maybe it looked different in person....

I thought Lindsey Lohan was fine as a guest judge, but I do like it better when they have designers because the critique seems more grounded (i.e. they explain why something is old, difficult to make, shoddy, etc.)

All Star Challenge ~

Really surprised that Uli didn't make final 3. I loved her restaurant dress best of all, lol! Koto should have won but agree that her attitude is a bit much. I don't care for Jeffrey but I recognize that his looks are original and would be great for the rocker type. Santino ~ Ayee, what a nuisance the 2nd time around and still not that great of outfits to show for all his ego. I just don't get the appeal of Daniel's style even if I were looking at for a 20-something.

New Season ~

Yes, Serendipity ~ I immediately thought of Lohan's cast off when I saw the first one evicted. There were a couple that were sent out safe in the first group that I liked but I don't know names yet.

Models of the Runway ~

I actually enjoyed this as it was interesting to see what they go though and how they feel from their perspective - for one week anyways. I

One thing that I found really annoying, was the amount of not-so-tiny promo icons that Lifetime has on the screen at any given time. There's the 'Project Runway' promo in the lower right, then 'Models of the Runway' promo in the upper right (or vice versa) and then something else popped up as the models first began walking down the runway - maybe that was the 'Models of the Runway' promo. Either way, it blocked full view of the design and very distracting.

Right now there are too many designers for me to really tell who I like or even figure out who they are. Just glad Tim Gunn is still on!

...the restaurant dress looked like what a suicide bomber would wear. What woman in the world would strap a bunch of tubes around her midsection????

LOL, I saw that and thought the same thing!

I think Daniel one because of then runway dress and the fact that he has been a project runway darling since he was first on the show.

I though Koto's collection the most wearable but it all looked the same and her attitude sucks ass. How sweet P was in over Uli is kind of beyond me.

Jeffrey and Santino's collection sucked ass and I am assuming that jeffrey did the show because last i read he is dead broke.

New season girl sent home looked just like Samantha Ronson, and should have gone home i think the other guy stayed because he got credit for the dress he designed in the work room before he had model fail.

It will be interesting to see if addictman can stay.

Edited by tyler

I was surprized they invited jeffery back...they didn't have any of the other winners back. I thought Uli should have won or Sweet Pea. i liked both of theirs . I really liked Daniels the first time he was on and thought he should have won then. Daniel was the one Michale Kors offered a job to when he didn't win. Over all I liked it. The new season was taped last year and just shown this year because of it being tied up in court. I guess maybe last year lilo still had a career unlike this year!! If it was taped last week they probaly wouldn't have had her on it. lol I like it when they have other designers on it but according to the previews there is going to be a lot of celebs. Just because someone is an actress doesn't make them automatically know a lot about fashion. Most of them have a stylist who picks everything out anyway. So they don't know anymore than the average person. They need to stick with designers.

the Thu. 9/3/09 epsiode was THE BEST EPISODE so far. Finally the right person was sent home, even though it was a team challenge. :banana:

It was quite obvious that this guy had very little sewing skills. I mean, he admitted that his teammate did most of the designing, shopping, sewing, consulting with Tim, ........plus this was the guy's 3rd time on the bottom. (1st the skanky see-through garment, the clown balloon size ugly pregnancy shorts and now this... SEE YA! :hellowave: )

It's too bad that Malvin was sent home last week for the egg outfit, rather than Mitchell. I would have liked to see his approach to the avant garde look. Mitchell never had a chance to add anything to this competition, and he should have gone last week.

I'm glad that Ra'mon made it through the challenge of having to pair with Mitchell. BUT, I did not think his looks were very good. I couldn't believe it when Rachel Bilson and Heidi both said they would wear his green splotchy dress. The fit of that top was truly awful.

I liked Christopher and Logan's avant garde look the best, but that didn't even get a comment. I wish we got to hear about all the pairs, rather than just the top and bottom two.

To me, the editing of the discussions between Qristal and Epperson really make it look like he was the more reasonable one in the pair.

(Edited because I can't spell)

Edited by couleur

I COMPLETELY agree with everything you said, colouer!

*While I'm glad RaMon wasn't booted, I wasn't a fan of his garments. How he won is mind-bottling. ;)

*That whole bad marriage between Q & "It MUST be perfect!" Grouchy Daddy was irritating and I didn't want Q to be sent home for such a silly reason as NOT getting along with another designer. She did try to engage in dialogue and she did compromise to get something done and she was still reprimanded. She picked out the fabric which was the best thing about the dress. Why they both weren't held equally accountable was :angry3: . Personally, I think it was silly that they were on the bottom because I thought there were far worse designs on display.

I am now thinking that it is not the lack of HD that is boring me but the lack of talent. I keep trying to find a designer I like and every now and then I think 'okay - there's some potential there' but then nothing. Is it just me? When some of them keep saying "I have no real formal training", I want to scream "yes, we can tell!".

I thought it was great that Christina A's response to the winner was "I MIGHT wear it SOMEDAY" as in 'most likely never'.

Than again, maybe I've had my fill of reality.

Edited by kappy22

I keep watching because I keep thinking it will get better as more designers are eliminated and we get to see the remaining folks sew and hear the critiques of their clothes. I really wish the producers could figure out a way to discuss all the looks rather than just a few.

As far as the season goes... I'm just meh on the challenges. I don't think they've done much that is interesting. I liked the movie genre one (produced some looks that gave us insight into the designers) and I liked the idea of the Bob Mackie/CA stage-look costume. But, blue was boring, wedding dress was boring, the guest judges are boring, etc.

I'm bummed that now that I finally learned how to tell Irina apart from Shirin, Shirin is gone. But, I don't think she had the wherewithal to win it all.

I think Irina and Althea were both very lucky that the judges decided to make the decision of who to auf based on the entire season's work rather than the crap they each sent down the runway this challenge.

I don't care a bit about who wins this season. There's no originality at all.

Actually, I'll be pissed if Althea wins -- not a week goes by that I don't want to slap a bra on her model.

"I don't care a bit about who wins this season. There's no originality at all."

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. I so hope it gets back on track if they have another season.

I have yet to watch the finale or even read who the winner is because "yawn", I just didn't care. I seriously hope the next season gets back on track.

I didn't think Irina should have won..her clothes seemed very ugly and the hats looked like helmets but a lot of time "high couture" fashion is that way...not really things normal, average shoppers would buy. Carol Hannah had beautiful clothes and seemed very marketable that is why I was so disapointed in Irina winning. A lot of times they pick the avant guard to win- I remember I didn't really like Jay's clothes in season 1 either. I thought they were ugly.

I loved Carol Hannah's collection but have to admit that I feel Irina should have won. I loved her jackets and just felt that the collection overall was more complete.

What a pity that Carol was so sick. That's a moment in your life that you want to enjoy.

I've worked with people like Althea who steal other people's "seeds of ideas" as I call them and then they're shocked whenever they're called on it. I can't figure out if they're conniving or if it's truly unconcious. Either way, I still think that sweater was a definite steal. I can't believe they would put her in second. Carol's was so much better.