BobbyD

Best Films Of Summer 2009

Best Summer Flick '09  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here is another poll. (I certainly have a poll for everyone on this board;) ).

What films were good for you this summer?

Write-ins are encouraged. I left out Time Traveler's Wife...maybe for good reason?

Whichever wins - I promise I'll try to catch as soon as it's out on dvd :unsure: I finally saw Iron Man...But still haven't seen Dark Knight.....

500 Days of Summer.

Enjoyed it as well. I think we've all dated women/men like Summer's character in the movie. That's why it wasn't necessarily a chick flick, something dudes can also say...see there! It would be funny to see how Zooey is able to perform in other roles, since I think she will be associated with Summer for quite a while.

But my vote went to The Hurt Locker. Very intense movie throughout...and it wasn't preachy...just a great flick.

Funny,

I checked your list again and noticed that I didn't see ANY of the films! Some I CHOSE not to see :rolleyes: (like G.I. Joe, Transformers, Ugly Truth, Funny People) and others I couldn't find in my neighborhood/local mall :angry3: (like Julie & Julia). A few I want to see but just haven't gotten around to it :unsure: (like Basterds). Overall, It was a boring summer for movies. :poke: Not memorable at all. It was cheaper & more fun to just stay home, watch NETFLIX/cable, eating chocolate DOVE bars & having the air conditioning to myself. :4biggrin:

Funny,

I checked your list again and noticed that I didn't see ANY of the films! Some I CHOSE not to see :rolleyes: (like G.I. Joe, Transformers, Ugly Truth, Funny People) and others I couldn't find in my neighborhood/local mall :angry3: (like Julie & Julia). A few I want to see but just haven't gotten around to it :unsure: (like Basterds). Overall, It was a boring summer for movies. :poke: Not memorable at all. It was cheaper & more fun to just stay home, watch NETFLIX/cable, eating chocolate DOVE bars & having the air conditioning to myself. :4biggrin:

Sorry 2 hear. I thought the summer movies were great...for the independent movies. Those flicks (Julie & Julia, Hurt Locker, 500 Days Of Summer) made good money and I think restored the credibility of Independent flicks beyond those over-priced blow-hard flicks. GI Joe is not going to make it's money so a sequel is on shaky ground. (Sadly, I think the Paramount will probably green light one anyway...with a smaller budget

Funny...I am tempted to see 500 Days of Summer again...so maybe I need to find a way to change my vote from The Hurt Locker.

500 Days of Summer and Julie&Julia were both very enjoyable movies.

These are two I'd like to see. I'd also like to see The Hangover. I tend to wait for movies to come to cable though unless it's heavy with action or special effects--those are the only ones I think are worth paying to see in a theater.

I actually liked "Land of the Lost!!!" I laughed out loud at many parts, and to this day my husband and I respond "MATT LAUER CAN SUCK IT!" whenever we ask each other an open-ended question.

You're welcome, Will Ferrell. Call me! ;)

PS I hated Juile and Julia, but that was probably more due to my mood that day and less to do with the movie. But I thought Amy Adams was incredibly unlikeable in that movie.