orangepen64

Eddie Cibrian and LeAnn Rimes

Dec 27 2010 04:21 PM ET

LeAnn Rimes, Eddie Cibrian engaged

LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian got engaged over the holidays, her rep tells People. Rimes, 28, sported a large diamond ring on a Malibu beach Monday. During a sitdown with ABC’s Robin Roberts that aired last month, the couple, who met filming the Lifetime movie Northern Lights while both were married, said they hoped the fact that their romance continued a year and a half later could turn their affair from a tabloid story to a love story. Both Cibrian, 37, and Rimes, however, said they wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t: “Well, I can’t change their minds. Nothing I’m going to say is gonna change it. I do know that, and I have accepted that,” Rimes said when asked how she’d respond to people who consider her a homewrecker. “It happens every day to so many people. And if I take away my album sales, my awards, and you have just another couple — you have two couples whose marriages didn’t work, who really stumbled upon each other and fell in love. And never ever was I thinking of hurting someone.”

Cibrian shares custody of two sons, 7 and 3, with his ex, Brandi Glanville. Rimes’ ex, Dean Sheremet, announced his own engagement last month.

Dec 27 2010 04:21 PM ET

LeAnn Rimes, Eddie Cibrian engaged

LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian got engaged over the holidays, her rep tells People. Rimes, 28, sported a large diamond ring on a Malibu beach Monday. During a sitdown with ABC’s Robin Roberts that aired last month, the couple, who met filming the Lifetime movie Northern Lights while both were married, said they hoped the fact that their romance continued a year and a half later could turn their affair from a tabloid story to a love story. Both Cibrian, 37, and Rimes, however, said they wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t: “Well, I can’t change their minds. Nothing I’m going to say is gonna change it. I do know that, and I have accepted that,” Rimes said when asked how she’d respond to people who consider her a homewrecker. “It happens every day to so many people. And if I take away my album sales, my awards, and you have just another couple — you have two couples whose marriages didn’t work, who really stumbled upon each other and fell in love. And never ever was I thinking of hurting someone.”

Cibrian shares custody of two sons, 7 and 3, with his ex, Brandi Glanville. Rimes’ ex, Dean Sheremet, announced his own engagement last month.

It's funny, we are all progressive and liberated and to each his own here, but there are some things you just don't do. Wrong is wrong. Maybe Eddie's marriage was shaky and ending, but she finished killing it and apparently feels it is okay. The heart wants what it wants, right? Argghhhh! I can't stand either of them. She deserves what she is getting and for sure karma is looking at her and planning its next move.

It's funny, we are all progressive and liberated and to each his own here, but there are some things you just don't do. Wrong is wrong.

Yup!!! I've always told my husband that I am NOT liberated when it comes to fidelity - I will divorce his ass if he EVER cheats. If the marriage is over, END IT, then find a new plaything. Gay, straight, bi - it doesn't matter, I feel VERY strongly about fidelity!

Where I run into problems is in some of the marriages where their definitions differ from mine. And I suppose that's fine for the couple IF THEY AGREE on definitions in advance. Don't go changing the rules 10 years into the marriage and not tell the other person....

It's funny, we are all progressive and liberated and to each his own here, but there are some things you just don't do. Wrong is wrong.

Yup!!! I've always told my husband that I am NOT liberated when it comes to fidelity - I will divorce his ass if he EVER cheats. If the marriage is over, END IT, then find a new plaything. Gay, straight, bi - it doesn't matter, I feel VERY strongly about fidelity!

Where I run into problems is in some of the marriages where their definitions differ from mine. And I suppose that's fine for the couple IF THEY AGREE on definitions in advance. Don't go changing the rules 10 years into the marriage and not tell the other person....

Yes, in my definition of it, that is what marriage is about, being faithful and loyal to that person. Otherwise, just date. But that is just my opinion.

Well, people, LeAnn and Eddie have been married ever since April 22nd now...of last year. :) :) :)

God bless you and them always!!! :) :) :)

Holly (a day one fan of LeAnn)

P.S. I can't wait for her next album! :) :) :)

Edited by James Otto Sweet Heart

^^^ When LeAnn talked to Katie Couric last week, she talked about missing out on a good deal of her childhood because of how young she was when she first started getting played on the radio. I feel bad for her because of course back when she was just that 13 year old girl, she didn't realize how much she was going to miss later on. :( :( :(

God bless you and LeAnn always!!! :) :) :)

Holly (a day one fan of her)

There are so many former child superstars who fall apart in some way as adults. Even Marie Osmond whose family seemed to do better than many, has had mental illness. Then again, I know plenty of people who have never been famous who fall apart at some point. Maybe the celebs just have to do it in the spotlight.

^^^ What separates LeAnn from certain others is the fact that she actually does something about whatever is on her plate. She said to Katie Couric that she likes going to counseling. :) :) :)

God bless you and LeAnn and Katie always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

So many blind items about these two lately, I'll just post 'em here :D

JUST SAY JENN!!! 11/01

This celebrity is not about to go away quietly where her failing marriage to this mostly television actor is concerned. It's over, but she's going to save face if it's the last thing she does. He's up for three major roles, and his agent has been clear that ending the marriage is the only way to get these jobs, as his soon to be ex is the reason for his dry spell as far as employment goes. She has vowed to bury him. This is where living her life in front of camera comes in handy. She's got hours upon hours of him partying and putting all sorts of things up his nose. She's already told him that it's on like Donkey Kong now, and he can expect the producers of these shows to get the first highlight reel. The press will get the second reel. The one where he's high as a kite and trying to egg the celebrity into doing very compromising things with other people. You thought that movie "War of the Roses" was bad? Wait til these things start getting ugly. She's on tape too. Doing much, much, worse. It's about to go nuclear.

JUST SAY JENN!! 11/04 **#2**

This C-list sometime movie actor recently did a junket for his latest project. His publicist was literally a yard away monitoring questions, and making sure they got the run of the mill, pat answers. Especially where his marriage is concerned. It's all, "nothing to see here!" while things get worked out. Off the record, they were putting feelers out as to who would get the exclusive once the marriage ends. "March sweeps" was being tossed around a lot. For a couple of reasons.. his current wife might have a new, lucrative contract he can profit from in a split, and it will showcase him for any upcoming fall TV projects. Anyone he's giving an 'exclusive to now' will be getting the exclusive then, and everyone walks away a little richer...especially his publicist.

JUST SAY JENN!!! 11/05

This mostly television actor was recently sharing a story with his bros about the last time he and his celebrity wife were intimate...completely ok with the horrified people all around him staring... They haven't been intimate in weeks, and before then, the only way they would be intimate was after a night of drinking and Molly. He's told people it's the ONLY way he can...uh...perform. **shudders** Well, the last time they were **pukes** intimate, was after she lavished him with some big purchases after a big fight, and they were on the make-up cycle of their relationship. So of course, they went out to dinner, got wasted, and did a little Molly before bed. Molly must make you completely hallucinate, because he called out his ex's name during the **heaves what's left of lunch** act, and you would think she would get all pissed and go bananas, right? I mean, she HATES his ex with the heat of a thousand suns! Nope. His version of the story is that she went with it, and played the part. He said it was so good, he was actually shocked he woke up in his own bed the next morning.

BLIND GOSSIP 11/11

This award-winning performer’s husband has been cheating on her since the beginning of their marriage. In fact, he is cheating on her right now with another female celebrity. The identity of the mistress would probably surprise you. Wife knows all about the affair, but is reluctant to file for divorce. That’s because this marriage keeps her in the spotlight… which is the thing she craves more than honesty or fidelity! So she will do anything to give the appearance that things are fine, including arranging for daily affectionate "spontaneous" photo ops with the Husband to try to convince you that all is well. She calls her publicist first thing every morning to provide an itinerary of where she will be for the day. Her publicist then calls the paparazzi to ensure that they are there to "secretly" capture how devoted they are to each other and their family. Yes, it’s all done for the cameras.

JUST SAY JENN!!! 11/11

No matter what you 'see' this celebrity couple is on the outs. It's over. He's already talking to divorce lawyers and has let his agent know that they can reassure prospective employers that he will not be a part of any tabloid circus in the new year. The wife isn't ready to let him go, of course. She's put out a full court press of pap attention, because she knows he won't try to tarnish his image rehab by being mean to her on camera. He's also a bit afraid of her leaking sensitive info to the press if he presses the issue to hard, too soon. So a truce was brokered. She gets her photo ops, if he gets another bonus from their production company, and a major cut/partnership of her next deal. She agreed in hopes of literally buying herself more time to make him stay. Her people are now going to focus on reminding people of her talent so she gets the best deal possible in the next couple of months. They see this truce as only furthering her self destruction and want her as busy as possible when it all falls apart...preferably overseas.

JUST SAY JENN!!! 11/12

These two, one a television star, and one a once television star and now tabloid darling, were together for years, had a bad breakup, and went their separate ways. He's now married to a celebrity with A-list name recognition, and she has a non famous boyfriend. Well, in the past when the exes have been on the outs, they would run into each other everywhere, and it would always end with a heated exchange between them, or between the new wife. They would run into one another at restaurants around town at least three or four times a week. In the last few months, the couple has been talking, and there is definitely a spark there still. It's probably why when things got bad in the past, they would vehemently hate each other. But they have both seemed to grow up a bit over the years, and can't deny that they miss each other. No plans to reunite. That probably won't happen. But what is happening are some clandestine hookups when they all run into each other around town. One night, at one of their favorite restaurants, the couples sat on opposite ends of the dining room and appeared to be ignoring each other. However, one of the exes left a bathroom, flushed and smiling, and was closely followed by the other a minute later. Both returned to their parties like nothing happened. Now it's like a drug for them. Anywhere they can sneak for a little make out session or a quickie, they make it happen. It's almost romantic and cute when you think about it. And then you think about it...and these two should stay far away from each other.

Eddie was funny telling Jimmy Kimmel about what recently happened with him and the boys at the movie theater and him and LeAnn were awesome talking to Mario Lopez. I love how LeAnn and Eddie are the only ones who can write the real story about their life together. :) :) :)

God bless you and them always!!! :) :) :)

Holly (a day one fan of LeAnn)

Cripes....if my math is right, her 5'5" frame was down to 90 pounds at one point.

:shocked:

ETA: And 128 pounds is still perfectly normal anywhere outside Hollyweird.

Edited by Maxiemom

I don't get the Cibrian appeal. It's like every girl who comes within 20 feet of him just drops trou and I can't for the life of me figure out why. It's not like he's ugly but goodness he just looks like such a prick. OPEN YOUR EYES, MAN.