l1zz1e

TAR - Amazing Race

fighting amongst themselves.

Shut up shut up SHUT UP!

:rolleyes:

I know there must be some editing involved - the producers want to play with the audience, make us believe certain things, etc. And it's working - I totally think those brothers are assholes.......

Yes, Ericka, karma paid off tonight. :smileapprove:

LOL!!! That was awesome, wasn't it? I'm happy with the way it turned out except I would have liked it to be the Globetrotters.

BTW, do you think they prep the other two teams before they come around the corner and see that they aren't first? We had the two most hot-headed, infantile teams ever, and both crossed the finish line with dignity. Smells like a rat to me.

my first choice was the father and son, 2nd choice was the globetrotters. But of the three in the final the best team won. I didn't want the brothers to win and the Miss America couple were annoying! Altho she did both tasks and it seemed like he should have done one of them.

my first choice was the father and son, 2nd choice was the globetrotters. But of the three in the final the best team won. I didn't want the brothers to win and the Miss America couple were annoying! Altho she did both tasks and it seemed like he should have done one of them.

Well, he tried to do the Love CDS jump, but she had no ability to pull him to give bounce, so she had to get back in the harness. What a cry baby! I couldn't believe - after how well she walked down Mandalay Bay (um, no WAY would I do that...) that she had a meltdown of epic proportions in the bungee harness.

My husband would have done both tasks - the rapelling because no way would I ever do that, and the Cirque bungee as a reward for doing the rapelling :-)

This is the first time I've ever picked the winning couple in the first episode, so I'm happy! I really wanted Cheyne to propose when they won. I know, stupid, but for a moment I thought he would.....

I was SCREAMING "Monte Carlo" at the tv for a good 4 minutes though.......(I'm a huge Vegas addict.....As well as a bit of a geography buff, so.....)

I agree with E-lin, I wanted Gary and Matt and the Globetrotters to win. But, I think Meghan and CHeyne deserved to win! I totally get a gay vibe from him....

But, I think Meghan and CHeyne deserved to win! I totally get a gay vibe from him....

I'm thinking about why I wanted him to propose to her (or why I thought he would) when all along I wasn't getting a very "passionate relationship" vibe from them. Maybe they're private and kept it off camera, but they did seem more like really good friends who'd known each other forever, didn't they?

Was it the spiked hair that is pinging your gaydar? Not just the style, but the fact he managed to do it while travelling around the world with very little luggage?

Speaking of luggage - who did they hand off their backpacks to on that last airplane flight? I wonder how many support crew go with the teams - other than the cameraman. They clearly gave the bags to someone as all flew off the plane in Vegas with nothing or just a tiny daypack....

I want the behind-the-scenes book/special!!!! I'm guessing they must sign some sort of confidentiality agreement, because even in some of the blogs I've read & videos of people after they've been eliminated - I can't remember anyone talking about the logistics or some of the more arcane rules, etc. You know - the kind of stuff I'm interested in ;-)

I agree as to knowing the behind the scenes info would be interesting! They should do a special on that stuff. I would like to know how many people follow each team around, is it just 1 cameraperson or what? Also some of the pit stops have been right out in the open...do they bring in cots and food or what? Also when they have hours and hours of waiting for a plane or a layover..can they leave and go shopping or sightseeing or what? It never shows them doing that...they just sit around the airport or where ever they are waiting. A behind the scenes special would definately be interesting!!! Come on CBS...give it to us!!! lol

I agree as to knowing the behind the scenes info would be interesting! They should do a special on that stuff. I would like to know how many people follow each team around, is it just 1 cameraperson or what? Also some of the pit stops have been right out in the open...do they bring in cots and food or what? Also when they have hours and hours of waiting for a plane or a layover..can they leave and go shopping or sightseeing or what? It never shows them doing that...they just sit around the airport or where ever they are waiting. A behind the scenes special would definately be interesting!!! Come on CBS...give it to us!!! lol

At this last one - they didn't even know what the third team would be (thought it would be the GLobetrotters) so they clearly weren't together at the Pit Stop. But at other pit stops, they have been together- the people from different teams last year that started dating? And the hullabaloo with some barbie dolls in a past season and a "stolen" sports bra - those stories seem to indicate spending pit stops together.

I know for nights when they have to go into a site that opens in the morning but the teams arrive at night - many times you see them hunker down with blankets, but I also recall a couple episodes were teams went next door to a hotel or something. So there are bits and pieces of (conflicting :-) information that come out, but I want the whole shebang :jumping1:

But, I think Meghan and CHeyne deserved to win! I totally get a gay vibe from him....

I'm thinking about why I wanted him to propose to her (or why I thought he would) when all along I wasn't getting a very "passionate relationship" vibe from them. Maybe they're private and kept it off camera, but they did seem more like really good friends who'd known each other forever, didn't they?

Was it the spiked hair that is pinging your gaydar? Not just the style, but the fact he managed to do it while travelling around the world with very little luggage?

I'm not quite sure, maybe a mix of the hair with his demeanor or the way he carries himself. And you're totally right, I don't sense any passion nor sparks when they hug or "peck". I did read on People.com that engagement is in the future and HE wants to do a CBS special for their wedding....... weird

The cowboys! I'm loving the cowboys!!! And unlike the beauty pageant contestant, they know geography! When they came in 1st last night and won a trip to Patagonia - they knew they got to come back to Argentina!!

I hope they go all the way!!! go cowboys! It was funny that the roadblocks were tailor made for them last night!!! lol the lesbians seem to be doing pretty good also.

I hope they go all the way!!! go cowboys! It was funny that the roadblocks were tailor made for them last night!!! lol the lesbians seem to be doing pretty good also.

So, they said they'd been dating 5 months (the lesbians) Given lead time to get on a show & start filming - did they meet with personals ads that said "Want to go on TAR with ME?" Seriously- who decides to do this kind of reality tv on a first date? Because it had to have been that quick, right? Ah well. They're kind of bitchy, but strong competitors. I like that the cowboys are so lowkey - they're not devious, they're just silent :-)

I thought the same thing...that it was pretty early in their relationship to go on a show!!! They must have decided to try out for it on their 1st or 2nd date!!!!

As a Big Brother fan, I'm rooting for jeff and jordan. I like the cowboys too. Their first names crack me up (Jet and something else totally cool)

Love Jeff and Jordan and the cowboys! I'll be happy if either team wins!

Jeff, "obviously we shouldn't procreate." lmao

Com'n, Jeff and Jordan. It's just a plate of sauerkraut! Dumb move switching to soccer, as Jordan doesn't strike me as the athletic type at all. That being said, I hope they can overcome the road block next week.

Anyone else get the impression Jeff and Jordan really didn't want to be there anyway?

I can never tell if it's editing after the fact, or "truth", but no, they didn't seem really invested in the outcome either way.

Last night - oh those darn coconuts! Before they even started I looked at my husband and said "ok, I'll drive the ox and you walk behind making sure we don't drop any"

Did we see or find out if the father/daughter team got their backpacks back?

I am glad the cowboys are still there. Beauty queen and dumb ass need to go soon though!! They are so stupid together...I mean, I am sure apart they are stupid too... but together they are really baaaaddd !!! lol

They are so stupid together...I mean, I am sure apart they are stupid too... but together they are really baaaaddd !!! lol

It was anonymous. Er, unanimous. My husband and I keep laughing at their stupidity- they are well suited for each other....