Sign in to follow this  
princess

Brittany Murphy

Report on Britanny Murphy's suspicious on-set behavior

EXCLUSIVE: Brittany Murphy 'Barely There' on Recent Movie

Her character had to be rewritten to accommodate her erratic behavior on the set

By Sharon Waxman

Published: December 20, 2009

Actress Brittany Murphy, who died at 32 on Sunday, had been fired from her last film just two weeks ago, and had lost consciosuness during shooting on the set of another film that she’d recently completed. The actress reportedly died suddenly of cardiac arrest. But warning signs that Murphy was on a dangerous behavioral spiral were visible to those familiar with her life.

The actress, a charming if somewhat ditzy on-screen presence, had been fired from the horror film “The Caller,” directed by Matthew Parkhill in Puerto Rico, just two weeks ago. No reason was given for her replacement.

Fan sites reported that Murphy was replaced with Victoria Lefevre, an actress from "Twilight," for the role of a troubled divorcee who begins to feel haunted in her own home.

But that was not the only recent mishap in Murphy’s professional life. An insider on the production of another horror-thriller,“Something Wicked,” an independent film shot in Oregon, said that Murphy was barely able to shoot her scenes and would lose her focus in mid-sentence during a take.

“Her husband was her handler, he shuttled her around. She was barely there,” said an individual with knowledge of the production, referring to Murphy’s husband and manager, Simon Monjack. “She’d go in and out of consciousness in the middle of takes.” The individual said Murphy’s inability to stay fully conscious caused producers to rewrite her character, a therapist to the two main characters, and her scenes. He said colleagues on the set had presumed she used prescription drugs.

An email to Murphy's publicist seeking comment was not immediately answered.

Murphy's suspected excessive use of drugs had been the subject of widespread speculation, and was even the subject of a parody sketch on a recent "Saturday Night Live" Weekend Update. In the sketch, "Murphy" seems unaware that she is not the host of the show, and keeps telling Seth Myer how happy she is to do so. Myer mentions her being fired off of "The Caller,” and "Murphy" haltingly says she plans to go the premiere and shout, “Boo.” At the end of her segment, "Murphy" introduces the group Blink 182, prompting Myer to repeat: “You are not the host, Brittany Murphy.”

http://www.thewrap.com/article/brittany-mu...apses-set-12032

EXCLUSIVE: Brittany Murphy Body To Be Autopsied on Monday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted on Dec 20, 2009 @ 03:50PM

RadarOnline.com

Murphy, 32, died suddenly Sunday morning after going into full cardiac arrest. She was transported to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where she was officially pronounced dead.

An investigator from the Los Angeles County Coroner’s office was scheduled to arrive at Cedars on Sunday afternoon to interview attending physicians. Brittany’s mother and husband, screenwriter Simon Monjack will also be interviewed, a coroner’s spokesperson tells RadarOnline.com.

A 911 was placed from Murphy’s home at 8:00 am Sunday asking for assistance.

The actresses representative issued this public statement: "In this time of sadness, the family thanks you for your love and support. It is their wish that you respect their privacy."

Earlier in her career, Murphy was accused of having an eating disorder, which triggered rumors of cocaine use. In 2005, Murphy denied the accusations, saying: “I have never tried it in my entire life. I've never even seen it...I am also way too high-strung. I can't even take a Sudafed. Can you imagine? My God. I think my heart would explode.”

Murphy made headlines last month when her husband was rushed to the hospital after arriving on a flight to LAX from Puerto Rico.

Murphy is best known for her roles in “Just Married,” "Girl, Interrupted," "Clueless" and "8 Mile."

Murphy’s early death not a total surprise

By Courtney Hazlett

The Scoop

msnbc.com

Here we are again, processing the death of a public person who was privately the object of concern. Officials are still investigating Brittany Murphy’s all-too-soon death, but those who knew her say they saw it coming.

While there are speculative rumors of the usual Hollywood chemical abuse beginning to circulate, what many people who knew the actress noticed most was her recent severe weight loss.

“She looked painfully thin, even sick. She looked like she hadn’t eaten in who knows how long, her skin was terrible,” said one person who observed Murphy in recent weeks.

Magazine editors who recently saw photos of Murphy agreed, and said her health was a factor in deciding against running pictures from an event she attended in early December.

“She looked terrible. So thin. We all noticed and commented on it,” said one editor at a prominent celebrity weekly.

“People had been really worried about her for some time now,” said another person who often traveled in the same Hollywood circles as Murphy. “It’s too bad no one was able to say something that would get through to her.”

Murphy Sick and Vomiting Just Before She Died

Posted Dec 21st 2009 12:02AM by TMZ Staff

Brittany Murphy was very ill in the hours before she went into cardiac arrest and died, sources tell TMZ.

We're told Murphy was taking prescription meds for flu-like symptoms she had been experiencing for several days. We're told Murphy began vomiting early Sunday morning and told family members she was feeling very ill.

Sources say various prescriptions were found in the home -- written for Brittany Murphy, husband Simon Monjack, and Brittany's mom. One source says, "There were a lot ... a lot of prescriptions in the house."

Law enforcement sources tell us Murphy collapsed in the bathroom and somehow ended up in the shower ... there was, we're told, a significant amount of vomit in the immediate area.

We're also told authorities did not find illegal drugs in the house, but Murphy was definitely taking various prescription meds.

Sources say her condition and the meds could have triggered a heart attack, but it's too early to know. An autopsy will be performed Monday or Tuesday. We reported earlier Monjack did not want an autopsy but ultimately it's the Coroner's call.

As we first reported, Brittany Murphy's mother told paramedics her daughter suffered from diabetes. We're told it was type 2 diabetes and people involved in the case doubt her condition caused her death.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0aIVr2F8n

Well, obviously I can't fault Perez since I had the exact same gut reaction at the news . . . Wake up young Hollywood. Except I wouldn't consider Courtney young.

Well, obviously I can't fault Perez since I had the exact same gut reaction at the news . . . Wake up young Hollywood. Except I wouldn't consider Courtney young.

first of all, we can ALWAYS fault perez. :)

second, I had the same reaction as both you and Perez, but I didn't tweet my thoughts for millions of people to read. If Lindsay hasn't woken up by now, BM's death won't do it. And Courtney's even OLDER! Old dog, new tricks. Re: Perez, he should have done a generic RIP tweet and then stfu.

second, I had the same reaction as both you and Perez, but I didn't tweet my thoughts for millions of people to read. If Lindsay hasn't woken up by now, BM's death won't do it. And Courtney's even OLDER! Old dog, new tricks. Re: Perez, he should have done a generic RIP tweet and then stfu.

Agreed. Any commentary he makes beyond that only serves to paint himself as an even bigger horse's ass. Furthering your own name on the coattails of the deceased is just beyond disgusting. :vomit2:

Edited by Maxiemom

I wonder if she was indeed Jordache Junkie, will Ted confirm it now she has passed away?

I'm not positive, but didn't Ted finally come out and say that she was NOT Jordache? Everyone was speculating that it was her, and in a rare move, Ted addressed the issue in his column and said it was NOT her? I thought Jordache was Kirsten Dunst.....

Brittany Murphy Looked Emaciated at Last Public Appearance

Monday – December 21, 2009 – 8:38am

Posted Image

Two weeks before her shocking Dec. 20 death, Brittany Murphy appeared skinnier than ever.

Wearing a short black dress by designer pal Tiffany Saidnia, the actress looked emaciated as she walked the red carpet Dec. 3 for the opening of Tt Collection's Pop-Up shop in Los Angeles. One online blogger wrote that her dress "hung to her skin and bones frame."

Despite her disturbing appearance, Murphy appeared to be in good spirits. "I've been very blessed to have a really great loving husband," she told Access Hollywood, referring to director Simon Monjack, whom she wed in 2007. "I spend more time with my family than anyone else in the world."

She also revealed her goal for 2010. "As far as having a New Year's resolution, I'd love to have a child next year," she said. "But that's kind of a large one!"

She also turned heads Dec. 1 at the L.A. premiere of indie film Across the Hall, which she shot in 2008.

Her red carpet appearances came shortly after Murphy stopped working on a film in Puerto Rico.

Internet reports claimed that she was fired, but her rep denied the rumors, saying, "She was not nor has she ever been fired from any job big or small ... [Due] to creative differences Ms. Murphy and the production mutually parted ways."

Posted Image

The scene Sunday outside the Los Angeles home of Brittany Murphy

Fame

Foul Play Not Suspected in Brittany Murphy's Death

By Mike Fleeman

people.com

Sunday December 20, 2009 08:00 PM EST

Brittany Murphy's sudden death at age 32 is under investigation by the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office, which will conduct an autopsy "as soon as possible," an official tells PEOPLE.

No cause of death has yet been determined, but according to coroner's Capt. John Kades, "Foul play is not suspected at this time because there were no outward signs of trauma or other injuries."

Murphy was "found unresponsive" in her home in the hills above West Hollywood on Sunday morning, Kades said. Paramedics transported her to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead at 10:04 a.m.

"We don't have an autopsy scheduled yet, but we will do it as soon as possible," Kades said. "Given all the worldwide attention, if we can get it done [Monday], we will."

A toxicology test looking for the presence of alcohol and drugs will also be conducted, but the results will not be available for weeks.

Los Angeles police detectives also arrived at Murphy's house in what a police spokesman called a "routine" death investigation.

One of Murphy's neighbors said that paramedics were inside her house for nearly an hour before she was taken to an ambulance on a stretcher.

"One paramedic was still working on her," said the female neighbor. "First, I couldn't even tell that it was Brittany that was on the stretcher. I looked like an older woman. Brittany was completely white and her face was covered with a mask. You could tell that something horrible had happened."

Posted Image

eonline.com

More on Mr. Brittany Murphy: A Previous Marriage, Additional Money Woes

Today 1:35 PM PST by Whitney English

We're learning a little bit more today about Brittany Murphy's husband, Simon Monjack.

Just as Brittany Murphy had leapfrogged from a failed engagement to a quick marriage, Monjack was also on the rebound when he swapped vows with the 8 Mile star in 2007, having just emerged from a divorce.

Monjack and his former wife, Simone Roberta-Monjack, dissolved their marriage in 2006 and he was ordered to pay his ex $66,403 in a settlement.

The wannabe Hollywood player, who, as we reported, had money troubles before hooking up with Murphy, had only finished paying off his debt to his ex-missus this past March.

Murphy ended her engagement to production assistant Joe Macaluso in August 2006 and married Monjack in May 2007.

INSIDE STORY: Brittany Murphy's 'Inner Demons'

By Kristen Mascia

Monday December 21, 2009 10:30 AM EST

Posted Image

Brittany Murphy came to Hollywood as a teenager full of talent and promise – but struggled to reach her full potential over her 18-year career, sources tell PEOPLE, due to a set of "inner demons" that included troubling body image issues.

"She was drastically different when she entered the business," a friend tells PEOPLE "Full of life, determined. But over the past few years, [she went] downhill. There was always something off, something in the way. She had a lot of inner demons."

Two weeks before Murphy's sudden Dec. 20 death at age 32, her frail form raised eyebrows at the Tt Collection Pop-up Party in Los Angeles Dec. 3, resurrecting eating disorder and drug abuse rumors that have shadowed the actress for years.

In 2002, after Murphy revealed a radically slimmed-down silhouette in the film Spun – a departure from the rounder figure that fans remembered from her breakout 1994 film, Clueless – tabloids linked her weight loss to cocaine.

Dismissed Disorder Claims

Three years later, she attempted to set the record straight: "I have never tried it in my entire life," she insisted to Jane magazine. "I've never even seen it … It couldn't be further from the truth."

The same year, while promoting Sin City, she fought back against reports saying she had an eating disorder.

"I'm the same size I was in Clueless; it's just that the weight in your face changes as you grow and get older," she said. "This is my body. I'm proud of it … I'm healthy."

Yet friends tell a different story.

Self-Image Issues

"She had insane self-image issues," one says. "Her weight, her hair, her clothes, her skin, her teeth, everything. She was always so self-conscious."

Adds another: "A lot of her problems were due to poor self image. She wore extraordinary amounts of makeup, tons of fake eyelashes, got her teeth capped, dyed her hair blonde, lost weight – she wanted to be a beauty. She didn't want to be the fat girl from Clueless. She didn't eat a lot. She would drink copious amounts of coffee."

Clueless director Amy Heckerling believes Murphy's body image problems may have originated on that set.

"She seemed to go through a change on Clueless," Heckerling told an entertainment blog Sunday. "Maybe she felt like she was not the, like, skinny, pretty girl, you know? And then the next few movies she was, you know, thinner, blonde … going out with Eminem and Ashton Kutcher."

A Strong Mother-Daughter Bond

Friends say Murphy found comfort in her mother, Sharon, with whom she was "intensely close," says one. "She and her mom lived together for years. Everyone thought it was a bit odd, but her mom was her soulmate, her guardian, her best friend. They loved each other so much, despite their differences sometimes. Her mom was her angel."

"We're extremely close, extraordinarily close," Murphy told PEOPLE in 2004 of her mother, who survived a battle with breast cancer. "To say 'best friends' would be to diminish our relationship."

But Sharon also felt the pressure on Brittany to look the part of a star. "She was obsessed with her looking slim," says the source. "She'd say, 'I don't like that wardrobe on her.' "

RELATED: Jessica Simpson: Brittany Murphy Was a 'Ray of Light'

A Secret Wedding

Posted Image

Her husband, Simon Monjack, was the other great love of Murphy's life.

After a brief relationship with her Just Married costar Kutcher and engagements to talent manager Jeff Kwatinetz and crewman Joe Macaluso, in 2007 Murphy married the British screenwriter (The White Hotel) in a small Jewish ceremony at their L.A. home after just four months of dating.

That June, when tabloid reports surfaced alleging Monjack was a "shady" businessman facing major debts – and that he and Murphy had married quickly to help him avoid deportation due to an expired visa – both Monjack and Murphy vehemently denied them, telling In Touch Weekly they were "preposterous lies. Everything was just so fabricated and hurtful."

Despite their quick road to the altar, their relationship seemed to be working. At the Dec. 3 Tt event, Murphy giddily spoke of wanting a first child in the New Year.

Friends, however, remained unconvinced. "Not many around her were fans of [Monjack]," says a source. "She wanted to find someone to share her heart with so badly. They thought it was all a bit forced, but you couldn't help but see her joy and devotion. She really wanted it to work."

Through the ups and downs of her love life, Murphy often exhibited strange behavior on the job.

Trouble on the Set

"She was unfocused and never knew her lines," says a source who observed Murphy on one set a few years ago. "She wouldn't do the same take, the same way, twice … There were accusations of drug use. She and her mom said they weren't true. Brittany said 'Everyone was saying I'm doing drugs and I'm not.' "

An insider on her recent indie thriller Something Wicked told entertainment site The Wrap that Murphy "was barely there … She'd go in and out of consciousness in the middle of takes."

She was replaced by other actresses for two parts recently: Disney's animated Tinkerbell film and the thriller The Caller, which Murphy had been shooting in Puerto Rico until late last month. Monjack was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center after their flight home from Puerto Rico. Murphy reportedly told emergency responder she thought he was suffering from an asthma attack, said news reports.

As her loved ones now struggle to cope with her death, friends mourn the tragic loss of someone who always dreamed of stardom, but never felt her talent was enough.

"She had big dreams," says one source. But "she always wanted to be something she wasn't."

• With reporting by JEN GARCIA, JULIE JORDAN and LIZ McNEIL

EXCLUSIVE: Brittany Murphy's Autopsy Concluded, Results Deferred

Brittany Murphy's autopsy was concluded Monday afternoon and RadarOnline.com has learned that the results were deferred pending toxicology and

neurological test results.

A source within the LA County Coroners office tells RadarOnline.com, "Autopsy surgeons took a slice of her brain for testing. It will be 5-6 weeks for test results to come through."

Murphy, 32, died suddenly Sunday morning at her Hollywood Hills home.

Cause of death was listed as cardiac arrest but as RadarOnline.com exclusively reported the LAPD are still investigating, focusing on the possibility of a

prescription drug overdose.

The Los Angeles City Fire Department responded to an emergency call at 8 a.m. PST Sunday and transported Murphy to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

A hospital spokesperson said Murphy was pronounced dead at 10:04 a.m.

Britney Spears Once Owned Brittany Murphy's House

As RadarOnline.com exclusively reported hospital staff tried to revive the actress three

True - well put.

Murphy’s husband ‘destroyed’ by her death

Monjack moved by comments posted by Kutcher about late actress

Access Hollywood

updated 2:42 p.m. PT, Mon., Dec . 21, 2009

LOS ANGELES - Just one day after the death of Brittany Murphy, her husband Simon Monjack has spoken out exclusively to Access Hollywood about the untimely loss of his wife.

“My world was destroyed yesterday,” an emotional Monjack told Access Hollywood on Monday afternoon.

Following the news of the actress’ death at the age of 32 on Sunday, the Hollywood community offered an outpouring of love and condolences for Murphy — and one message, in particular, was very moving to Monjack.

“I loved what Ashton [Kutcher] wrote on Twitter. It was comforting to me,” Monjack told Access Hollywood, adding he did not know his wife’s former “Just Married” co-star personally. “I couldn’t have said it better.”

The message posted by Kutcher read, “2day the world lost a little piece of sunshine. My deepest condolences go out 2 Brittany’s family, her husband, & her amazing mother Sharon. see you on the other side kid.”

As far as what happened inside the actress’ home early Sunday, when Murphy was found unresponsive in the shower, Monjack said up to that point, it had just been “a regular day.”

“[Her mother] Sharon went into the bathroom because she had been in there a long time. Her mom screamed for me and I ran. Then called 911,” he revealed.

As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Los Angeles Fire Department responded to a 911 call from the home at 8 a.m. on Sunday and eventually transported Murphy to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. She was pronounced dead at the facility at 10:04 a.m.

While LA County Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter told Access Hollywood the actress’ death “appears to be natural at this time” on Sunday, an autopsy was being conducted on Monday to determine the exact cause of death.

With regards to the coroner noting she may have suffered from flu-like symptoms in the days leading up to her death, Monjack admitted Murphy had been sick — but it did not seem like it was anything serious.

“She had laryngitis,” he said, noting she had seen a doctor. “She had been tired at the end of the year. She had made a couple movies.”

In his interview with Access, Monjack — who married Murphy in 2007 — took exception to the idea that his wife may have been linked to people who were bad influences on her.

“I don’t know why anyone would think that,” he said. “She found love. We found love. Brittany didn’t get to where Brittany was with anyone controlling her… Brittany was Brittany.”

Copyright 2009 by NBC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/1...15875-21914823/

Brittany Murphy detectives find a “large” stash of prescription drugs

A “large” stash of prescription drugs were found by detectives inside the home of tragic actress Brittany Murphy, it emerged yesterday.

Investigators who searched her Beverly Hills home after she died from a heart attack in the shower on Sunday found prescription pills made out to Brittany, 32, her husband Simon Monjack and her mother.

Police are now awaiting the results of toxicology tests to see whether the pills played a part in her death. Sources told Hollywood website TMZ: “There were a lot – a lot – of prescriptions in the house.”

A Los Angeles coroner said initially it appeared Brittany died from natural causes.

According to reports, Brittany was taking medication for flu-like symptoms in the days leading up to the tragedy. She had complained of feeling unwell and had been vomiting.

Her British screenwriter husband reportedly objected to a postmortem, but the coroner over-ruled him and is expected to announce his preliminary findings today. But results of the toxicology tests could take six weeks.

A spokesman for the actress’s distraught family said: “The sudden loss of our beloved Brittany is a terrible tragedy. She was our daughter, our wife, our love and a shining star.”

Her father, Angelo Bertolotti, said he had not seen her since she married Monjack three years ago. He added: “I can’t believe this is happening. She was a young 32. She wasn’t supposed to die like this.

“Ever since she married that Simon, I lost contact with her but I always kept track of her to make sure she was OK in case she needed me.

“She married him and everything changed. After that, we weren’t so close.”

Last night shocked neighbours, including magician Paul McKenna, 46, and his

ex-girlfriend Clare Staples, 44, arrived at the house to pay their respects.

The police probe centres on suggestions that Brittany, who starred alongside Eminem in 8 Mile, was hooked on prescription drugs, including Vicodin, after a series of plastic surgery operations. A source said: “We are focusing on possible overdose scenarios.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/1...15875-21914823/

Brittany Murphy detectives find a “large” stash of prescription drugs

A “large” stash of prescription drugs were found by detectives inside the home of tragic actress Brittany Murphy, it emerged yesterday.

Investigators who searched her Beverly Hills home after she died from a heart attack in the shower on Sunday found prescription pills made out to Brittany, 32, her husband Simon Monjack and her mother.

Police are now awaiting the results of toxicology tests to see whether the pills played a part in her death. Sources told Hollywood website TMZ: “There were a lot – a lot – of prescriptions in the house.”

A Los Angeles coroner said initially it appeared Brittany died from natural causes.

According to reports, Brittany was taking medication for flu-like symptoms in the days leading up to the tragedy. She had complained of feeling unwell and had been vomiting.

Her British screenwriter husband reportedly objected to a postmortem, but the coroner over-ruled him and is expected to announce his preliminary findings today. But results of the toxicology tests could take six weeks.

A spokesman for the actress’s distraught family said: “The sudden loss of our beloved Brittany is a terrible tragedy. She was our daughter, our wife, our love and a shining star.”

Her father, Angelo Bertolotti, said he had not seen her since she married Monjack three years ago. He added: “I can’t believe this is happening. She was a young 32. She wasn’t supposed to die like this.

“Ever since she married that Simon, I lost contact with her but I always kept track of her to make sure she was OK in case she needed me.

“She married him and everything changed. After that, we weren’t so close.”

Last night shocked neighbours, including magician Paul McKenna, 46, and his

ex-girlfriend Clare Staples, 44, arrived at the house to pay their respects.

The police probe centres on suggestions that Brittany, who starred alongside Eminem in 8 Mile, was hooked on prescription drugs, including Vicodin, after a series of plastic surgery operations. A source said: “We are focusing on possible overdose scenarios.”

Jeez. Not surprising. Unfortunately, she's not the only one--in Hollywood and outside. Very, very sad.

It sounds like a cocktail (like Heath my avatar took) probably did her in.

Edited by Crackerjack123

Brittany Murphy -- Frantic Rescue Effort

Posted Dec 22nd 2009 12:07AM by TMZ Staff

Brittany Murphy's husband and mother made a frantic attempt to revive her before paramedics arrived ... this according to notes written by an investigator from the L.A. County Coroner's office. And, there were a shocking number of strong prescription meds on Brittany's nightstand.

TMZ has reviewed the documents, written by Investigator Blacklock. According to his notes, Brittany Murphy "had been complaining of shortness of breath and severe abdominal pain" for 7 to 10 days prior to her death. According to the notes, Murphy went into the bathroom at around 7:30 AM Sunday and shut the door.

A half hour later Brittany's mother, Sharon Murphy, went to check on her daughter, opened the bathroom door and "discovered the decedent lying on the floor unresponsive." According to the notes, Sharon yelled for help. Brittany's husband, Simon Monjack, who was in bed, heard the screams and ran to the bathroom.

According to the notes, Sharon called 911 and Simon "attempted to revive the decedent by placing her in the shower and running the water."

The notes continue -- "The decedent remained unresponsive and purged her stomach contents prior to the arrival of the paramedics."

When the paramedics arrived, Brittany was "without signs of life."

Paramedics moved Brittany from the bathroom to the master bedroom, where they found a slew of prescription drugs -- "A check of the nightstands revealed large amounts of prescription medication in the decedent's name. Also noted were numerous empty prescription medication bottles in the decedent's husband's name, the decedent's mother's name and unidentified third party names."

According to the notes, the medications included Topamax (anti-seizure meds also to prevent migraines), Methylprednisolone (anti-inflammatory), Fluoxetine (depression med), Klonopin (anxiety med), Carbamazepine (treats Diabetic symptoms and is also a bipolar med), Ativan (anxiety med), Vicoprofen (pain reliever), Propranolol (hypertension, used to prevent heart attacks), Biaxin (antibiotic), Hydrocodone (pain med) and miscellaneous vitamins. :jawdrop:

The notes say, "No alcohol containers, paraphernalia or illegal drugs were discovered."

According to the notes, "The night prior to her death, the decedent had consumed some noodles, leftover Thai food, Gatorade, water and tea with lemon."

The notes also say Brittany had a history of hypoglycemia and was hospitalized in April 2009 for low blood sugar while on location in Oregon."

Monjack told the investigator during the 7 to 10 days prior to her death, Brittany complained of shortness of breath and severe abdominal pains but he was not overly alarmed because "she often suffered from severe menstrual pains."

The investigator spoke with police at the scene, who told him "foul play is not suspected."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0aOcQkA9b

Brittany Murphy's husband mourns

By Lorenzo Benet, PEOPLE.com

December 22, 2009 11:53 a.m. EST

Simon Monjack said his "world was destroyed," after losing his wife on Sunday.

Simon Monjack dialed 911, and watched medics attempt to revive his wife

Monjack said it had been a regular day until Murphy's mother called for his attention

Monjack said he and and Murphy were planning to have a child in 2010

A final autopsy report may take up to six weeks, a coroner's spokesperson said

(PEOPLE.com) -- A "devastated" Simon Monjack told PEOPLE his wife Brittany Murphy did not overdose on drugs and did not suffer from an eating disorder.

"These rumors that she was anorexic? It's crazy -- she was slim, but that was her natural physique," Monjack told PEOPLE. "This is what's killing all of us? How did it happen? Her mum, myself and her family -- we want to know why we lost our baby."

During a sometimes tear-filled interview, an exhausted Monjack, 39, who hasn't slept since his mother-in-law found his wife collapsed in the bathroom early Sunday, said all he knows is what doctors told him at the hospital: She died of cardiac arrest, but they won't know details until after an autopsy. (A coroner's spokesperson said the results could take up to six weeks, for toxicology reports to be final.)

"My initial reaction to the autopsy was -- they're going to cut her open -- I couldn't bear it," Monjack said, weeping. "That would break her mother, but we realized we needed to know. I look forward to getting the results."

He added that his wife of three years did suffer from a heart murmur (mitral valve prolapse), which can cause fatigue, dizziness and irregular heartbeats -- but is generally not life threatening. Murphy didn't require medication to treat it, says Monjack.

But on Saturday, he said, his wife was ill, resting in bed all day suffering from laryngitis, which the actress treated with herbal tea, ginger and lemon.

"She was on herbal remedies that wouldn't speed up her heart," Monjack said. "There was nothing here that could endanger her; there was prescription medication in the house for her female time and some cough syrup. That was it."

Asked point-blank if a drug overdose was a possible cause of death, Monjack replied, "I can get rid of that one right now," he said.

Last Saturday, the couple just relaxed in bed, watching three movies as Murphy prepared to cast her vote as a member of the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences. They ordered Brittany's favorite takeout -- Thai food -- and ate soup prepared by Murphy's mother, Sharon, who has lived with them for 3½ years.

"She was tired and a little sad because she was sick," Monjack said about Brittany. "She wore her pink Beverly Hills Hotel robe and monkey pajamas. We saw It's Complicated, Public Enemy and The Princess and the Frog.

The couple were joined by Murphy's companion, a pet Maltese named Clara, a Christmas gift last year from Monjack that Murphy named after her favorite silent screen star, Clara Bow. "One of the saddest things is that Clara has looked everywhere for Brittany and can't find her," said Monjack.

Monjack, a photographer, first met Murphy on a photo shoot when she was 13 after she moved to Hollywood with her mother, Sharon. They began dating after being reintroduced at Murphy's 28th birthday party and married a year later.

"So many people have their views of us, but they never met us or sat down with us," he said. "I'm not perfect, but I don't think anyone is ... I am feeling beyond devastated. I was in love with Brittany and Brittany with me."

The couple had plans for 2010: Brittany would continue to work, but she wanted to get pregnant.

"She was an only child," said Monjack. "She wanted a baby. Her big dream next year was to have a child, and we talked about how he or she would look. She'd say, 'They'd better have your eyes and lips and my hair.' "

But Monjack did concede his wife was trying to get heavier. "She tried to gain weight but had one of those metabolisms -- a high metabolism -- but enjoyed food as much as anyone. I wish I could show all the receipts from the take out restaurants," he said.

"We are faced with this ridiculous reality that people out there believe she felt, 'Oh, poor me, I'm fat, I'm thin.' Brittany didn't see beauty as a physical thing, which I'm bloody lucky for," he said with a laugh. "I know there was a disparity in how we looked and I'm no movie star, but she always saw the person."

Monjack said he has been upset by some of the published reports.

"It's horrible -- the death of a beautiful young woman, a Hollywood icon; it has to be explained. It just can't be a tragic accident," he said, trying to explain the headlines. "We don't want to accept that a beautiful young wife and daughter woke up one morning and died a tragic death."

But he's most worried about his mother-in-law. "I don't know if she will ever recover, and I know when she reads all this nonsense about her son-in-law and her deceased daughter, her heart is breaking. She has lived with us and saw the love and support. I hope she stays -- I can't imagine my life without Sharon -- she's my link to Brittany."

Monjack said Brittany's family arrived in town Monday and that funeral plans are pending.

© 2009 People and Time Inc. All rights reserved.

Brittany Murphy's husband mourns

By Lorenzo Benet, PEOPLE.com

December 22, 2009 11:53 a.m. EST

Simon Monjack said his "world was destroyed," after losing his wife on Sunday.

Simon Monjack dialed 911, and watched medics attempt to revive his wife

Monjack said it had been a regular day until Murphy's mother called for his attention

Monjack said he and and Murphy were planning to have a child in 2010

A final autopsy report may take up to six weeks, a coroner's spokesperson said

(PEOPLE.com) -- A "devastated" Simon Monjack told PEOPLE his wife Brittany Murphy did not overdose on drugs and did not suffer from an eating disorder.

"These rumors that she was anorexic? It's crazy -- she was slim, but that was her natural physique," Monjack told PEOPLE. "This is what's killing all of us? How did it happen? Her mum, myself and her family -- we want to know why we lost our baby."

During a sometimes tear-filled interview, an exhausted Monjack, 39, who hasn't slept since his mother-in-law found his wife collapsed in the bathroom early Sunday, said all he knows is what doctors told him at the hospital: She died of cardiac arrest, but they won't know details until after an autopsy. (A coroner's spokesperson said the results could take up to six weeks, for toxicology reports to be final.)

"My initial reaction to the autopsy was -- they're going to cut her open -- I couldn't bear it," Monjack said, weeping. "That would break her mother, but we realized we needed to know. I look forward to getting the results."

He added that his wife of three years did suffer from a heart murmur (mitral valve prolapse), which can cause fatigue, dizziness and irregular heartbeats -- but is generally not life threatening. Murphy didn't require medication to treat it, says Monjack.

But on Saturday, he said, his wife was ill, resting in bed all day suffering from laryngitis, which the actress treated with herbal tea, ginger and lemon.

"She was on herbal remedies that wouldn't speed up her heart," Monjack said. "There was nothing here that could endanger her; there was prescription medication in the house for her female time and some cough syrup. That was it."

Asked point-blank if a drug overdose was a possible cause of death, Monjack replied, "I can get rid of that one right now," he said.

Last Saturday, the couple just relaxed in bed, watching three movies as Murphy prepared to cast her vote as a member of the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences. They ordered Brittany's favorite takeout -- Thai food -- and ate soup prepared by Murphy's mother, Sharon, who has lived with them for 3½ years.

"She was tired and a little sad because she was sick," Monjack said about Brittany. "She wore her pink Beverly Hills Hotel robe and monkey pajamas. We saw It's Complicated, Public Enemy and The Princess and the Frog.

The couple were joined by Murphy's companion, a pet Maltese named Clara, a Christmas gift last year from Monjack that Murphy named after her favorite silent screen star, Clara Bow. "One of the saddest things is that Clara has looked everywhere for Brittany and can't find her," said Monjack.

Monjack, a photographer, first met Murphy on a photo shoot when she was 13 after she moved to Hollywood with her mother, Sharon. They began dating after being reintroduced at Murphy's 28th birthday party and married a year later.

"So many people have their views of us, but they never met us or sat down with us," he said. "I'm not perfect, but I don't think anyone is ... I am feeling beyond devastated. I was in love with Brittany and Brittany with me."

The couple had plans for 2010: Brittany would continue to work, but she wanted to get pregnant.

"She was an only child," said Monjack. "She wanted a baby. Her big dream next year was to have a child, and we talked about how he or she would look. She'd say, 'They'd better have your eyes and lips and my hair.' "

But Monjack did concede his wife was trying to get heavier. "She tried to gain weight but had one of those metabolisms -- a high metabolism -- but enjoyed food as much as anyone. I wish I could show all the receipts from the take out restaurants," he said.

"We are faced with this ridiculous reality that people out there believe she felt, 'Oh, poor me, I'm fat, I'm thin.' Brittany didn't see beauty as a physical thing, which I'm bloody lucky for," he said with a laugh. "I know there was a disparity in how we looked and I'm no movie star, but she always saw the person."

Monjack said he has been upset by some of the published reports.

"It's horrible -- the death of a beautiful young woman, a Hollywood icon; it has to be explained. It just can't be a tragic accident," he said, trying to explain the headlines. "We don't want to accept that a beautiful young wife and daughter woke up one morning and died a tragic death."

But he's most worried about his mother-in-law. "I don't know if she will ever recover, and I know when she reads all this nonsense about her son-in-law and her deceased daughter, her heart is breaking. She has lived with us and saw the love and support. I hope she stays -- I can't imagine my life without Sharon -- she's my link to Brittany."

Monjack said Brittany's family arrived in town Monday and that funeral plans are pending.

© 2009 People and Time Inc. All rights reserved.

Wow, he really got me with this- I'm a little teary. In all honesty, I feel terrible for him. I mean- they were married for a while now and both acted very happy and in love, so something must have been there. But then I remember that he had that incident on the airplane recently, and realize that they were probably both messed up druggy liars... it is still sad though, druggy or not he lost his wife :(