Sign in to follow this  
princess

Brittany Murphy

"She was on herbal remedies that wouldn't speed up her heart," Monjack said. "There was nothing here that could endanger her; there was prescription medication in the house for her female time and some cough syrup. That was it."

Well that's not what the investigator found. If she was taking the drugs the investigator found in the house or a combination of them they would endanger her and probably over time the use of these drugs led to the cardiac arrest.

Maybe she was bulimic? Does he honestly believe she had a fast metabolism?

This makes me also wonder about thyroid problems.

That would explain the propranolol, which can be used to treat the rapid heartrate experienced by those who are hyperthyroid. An overactive thyroid can cause weight loss, tremors, anxiety, tachycardia, etc., and "thyroid storm" is a serious medical condition which can be life-threatening. I know we are talking about Hollywood, and I have heard the rumors abour her weight issues and drug use. I am just tossing this out as another possibility.

people.com

Report: Brittany Murphy's Will Leaves Estate to Her Mother

Brittany Murphy had a will drawn up and executed before she met husband Simon Monjack, and it stipulates that her estate be left to her mother, Sharon Murphy, according to a report.

Murphy's house was held in trust, and Monjack is not listed on the title, according to TMZ.com

Executing a will involves signing it in the presence of witnesses and having it notarized. Wills can be amended after they are executed, but it's not clear whether or not Murphy revised hers after marrying Monjack in May 2007.

Murphy, 32, died of cardiac arrest on Sunday. Her mother found her collapsed in the bathroom and called 911. The death is under investigation by the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office. Autopsy results are pending. Foul play is not suspected.

Monjack told PEOPLE in an interview that Murphy did not overdose on drugs and did not suffer from an eating disorder.

Brittany Murphy Info

Huffpost - Coroner Looking Into Leak Of Brittany Murphy Info

SANDY COHEN | 12/22/09 09:26 PM |

LOS ANGELES — Brittany Murphy was a hardworking actress who was juggling multiple movie projects in the months leading up to her unexpected death.

While none of the films boasted the big budgets of Murphy's "8 Mile" or "Sin City," directors who recently worked with the 32-year-old actress say she was dedicated, insightful and happy as she wrapped two indie thrillers and prepared to start shooting a romantic comedy next month.

Murphy was pronounced dead at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center after collapsing at her Hollywood Hills home Sunday morning. The county coroner's office is awaiting the results of toxicology and tissue tests before releasing an official cause of death.

Murphy spent the month of June shooting "Abandoned," a thriller in which she stars as a woman who embarks on a frantic search for her boyfriend when he disappears from a hospital after a routine treatment.

Director Michael Feifer said the actress was delightful to work with and dedicated to the project.

"She knew her material, and she was on her game," he said Tuesday. "She was professional. She was there for me. She was healthy."

The role required Murphy to sprint through a parking structure and run up and down stairs.

"She's such a pro and so good at her craft that she could turn it on and off as necessary," Feifer said. One minute she'd be immersed in a dramatic scene, the next she'd be joking around with the crew or playing with her white Maltese, which often accompanied her on set.

Her husband, Simon Monjack, was also on set, serving as Murphy's hair and makeup artist.

"The two of them really took care of each other," Feifer recalled. "He was her teddy bear, and she was just his little princess."

Murphy took on "Abandoned" just days after wrapping her role as a psychiatrist in the mystery thriller "Something Wicked." Executive producer Scott Chambers told the Los Angeles Times that though Murphy appeared frail, he was impressed with her work ethic.

"She looked ill, as much as 10 pounds underweight, and she's a small person to begin with," he said. "She easily could have made an excuse not to come to work, but she didn't. She said, 'I've got to get better, but I want to do this part.'"

She spent three weeks working on the film. Next, she was set for another thriller, "The Caller," but parted ways with the filmmakers last month amid rumors she was fired.

In January, she was to begin shooting the romantic comedy "Shrinking Charlotte." Writer-director Rene Eram told E! News that Murphy was "impressive" and professional, but looked very thin.

"I noticed that she had dropped a lot of weight in the last six months," he said.

The future of the three films is unclear. None have secured theatrical distribution.

"Abandoned," which also stars Dean Cain, Mimi Rogers and Peter Bogdanovich, will complete post-production in about three months, Feifer said. He hopes the film will be released in 2010, but producers want to be sensitive about the timing.

"We don't want it shown in a bad light and don't want it to look like anybody's trying to make any money on her passing away," he said. "It's a very fragile situation."

Post-production work also continues on "Something Wicked," which could begin festival screenings in the spring. Chambers said the Murphy family's wishes may be considered and could result in postponements of those screenings.

Eram said he hopes to recast Murphy's part in "Shrinking Charlotte."

Meanwhile, the county coroner's office is investigating how the celebrity Web site TMZ obtained details on prescription drugs contained in an investigator's report on Murphy's death. TMZ declined to say how it got the confidential report, which notes that numerous bottles of prescription medications were found in Murphy's name at the home where she collapsed. The medications ranged from depression and anti-anxiety meds to painkillers.

Los Angeles police detectives have said their initial inquiry found no evidence of wrongdoing. Police and the coroner's office continue to investigate the death – and now the leak of confidential information.

Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said he's concerned about other information about Murphy's death being released before his office issues its conclusions in four to six weeks.

___

AP Entertainment Writer Anthony McCartney contributed to this report.

Brittany Murphy's husband mourns

By Lorenzo Benet, PEOPLE.com

December 22, 2009 11:53 a.m. EST

Simon Monjack said his "world was destroyed," after losing his wife on Sunday.

Simon Monjack dialed 911, and watched medics attempt to revive his wife

Monjack said it had been a regular day until Murphy's mother called for his attention

Monjack said he and and Murphy were planning to have a child in 2010

A final autopsy report may take up to six weeks, a coroner's spokesperson said

(PEOPLE.com) -- A "devastated" Simon Monjack told PEOPLE his wife Brittany Murphy did not overdose on drugs and did not suffer from an eating disorder.

"These rumors that she was anorexic? It's crazy -- she was slim, but that was her natural physique," Monjack told PEOPLE. "This is what's killing all of us? How did it happen? Her mum, myself and her family -- we want to know why we lost our baby."

During a sometimes tear-filled interview, an exhausted Monjack, 39, who hasn't slept since his mother-in-law found his wife collapsed in the bathroom early Sunday, said all he knows is what doctors told him at the hospital: She died of cardiac arrest, but they won't know details until after an autopsy. (A coroner's spokesperson said the results could take up to six weeks, for toxicology reports to be final.)

"My initial reaction to the autopsy was -- they're going to cut her open -- I couldn't bear it," Monjack said, weeping. "That would break her mother, but we realized we needed to know. I look forward to getting the results."

He added that his wife of three years did suffer from a heart murmur (mitral valve prolapse), which can cause fatigue, dizziness and irregular heartbeats -- but is generally not life threatening. Murphy didn't require medication to treat it, says Monjack.

But on Saturday, he said, his wife was ill, resting in bed all day suffering from laryngitis, which the actress treated with herbal tea, ginger and lemon.

"She was on herbal remedies that wouldn't speed up her heart," Monjack said. "There was nothing here that could endanger her; there was prescription medication in the house for her female time and some cough syrup. That was it."

Asked point-blank if a drug overdose was a possible cause of death, Monjack replied, "I can get rid of that one right now," he said.

Last Saturday, the couple just relaxed in bed, watching three movies as Murphy prepared to cast her vote as a member of the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences. They ordered Brittany's favorite takeout -- Thai food -- and ate soup prepared by Murphy's mother, Sharon, who has lived with them for 3½ years.

"She was tired and a little sad because she was sick," Monjack said about Brittany. "She wore her pink Beverly Hills Hotel robe and monkey pajamas. We saw It's Complicated, Public Enemy and The Princess and the Frog.

The couple were joined by Murphy's companion, a pet Maltese named Clara, a Christmas gift last year from Monjack that Murphy named after her favorite silent screen star, Clara Bow. "One of the saddest things is that Clara has looked everywhere for Brittany and can't find her," said Monjack.

Monjack, a photographer, first met Murphy on a photo shoot when she was 13 after she moved to Hollywood with her mother, Sharon. They began dating after being reintroduced at Murphy's 28th birthday party and married a year later.

"So many people have their views of us, but they never met us or sat down with us," he said. "I'm not perfect, but I don't think anyone is ... I am feeling beyond devastated. I was in love with Brittany and Brittany with me."

The couple had plans for 2010: Brittany would continue to work, but she wanted to get pregnant.

"She was an only child," said Monjack. "She wanted a baby. Her big dream next year was to have a child, and we talked about how he or she would look. She'd say, 'They'd better have your eyes and lips and my hair.' "

But Monjack did concede his wife was trying to get heavier. "She tried to gain weight but had one of those metabolisms -- a high metabolism -- but enjoyed food as much as anyone. I wish I could show all the receipts from the take out restaurants," he said.

"We are faced with this ridiculous reality that people out there believe she felt, 'Oh, poor me, I'm fat, I'm thin.' Brittany didn't see beauty as a physical thing, which I'm bloody lucky for," he said with a laugh. "I know there was a disparity in how we looked and I'm no movie star, but she always saw the person."

Monjack said he has been upset by some of the published reports.

"It's horrible -- the death of a beautiful young woman, a Hollywood icon; it has to be explained. It just can't be a tragic accident," he said, trying to explain the headlines. "We don't want to accept that a beautiful young wife and daughter woke up one morning and died a tragic death."

But he's most worried about his mother-in-law. "I don't know if she will ever recover, and I know when she reads all this nonsense about her son-in-law and her deceased daughter, her heart is breaking. She has lived with us and saw the love and support. I hope she stays -- I can't imagine my life without Sharon -- she's my link to Brittany."

Monjack said Brittany's family arrived in town Monday and that funeral plans are pending.

© 2009 People and Time Inc. All rights reserved.

He seems pretty adamant. I wonder if the autopsy will prove him right...

M.D.: Had to Be Drugs that Killed Murphy

Doubts Natural Causes Conclusion in Actress' Death; Likens It to Those of Michael Jackson, Heath Ledger, Anna Nicole Smith

CBS

(CBS/AP) Authorities said Monday it appeared actress Brittany Murphy died of natural causes after becoming ill with flulike symptoms in the days before she collapsed in the bathroom of her Hollywood Hills home.

Celebrity Web site TMZ is reporting there were "large amounts of prescription medications" on the nightstand when paramedics arrived at her Hollywood home, and that Murphy was "complaining of shortness of breath and severe abdominal pain" in the week before she died.

"She always denied any relationship to drugs," US Weekly Entertainment Director Dena Sansing told CBS News. "She said she had never tried it. She said the strongest thing was Sudafed -- it wasn't her thing."

But at least one leading pathologist tells "The Early Show" he'd bet a lethal combination of prescription drugs was involved.

"It's possible, certainly" (that Murphy died of natural causes), Dr. Cyril Wecht told "Early Show" co-anchor Maggie Rodriguez Tuesday, "and usually, it will be some kind of a congenital heart condition. But in most of those cases, the patient will be aware that there is some heart problem.

"When you have a 32-year-old person dying suddenly, and especially a celebrity in Los Angeles, you can place your bet down that it's going prove to be a case of acute combined drug toxicity. And I bet you that this young lady tragically died in the same way that Michael Jackson did, and Anna Nicole Smith, and her son, Daniel Smith, and Heath Ledger -- a combination of drugs that had been prescribed for her, prescribed for her husband, for her mother, in some fictitious names, probably by doctors who are very, very quick to make available anything that celebrities want, sometimes using knowingly fictitious names.

"So, even though these drugs are, quote, legal, unquote, they are, many times, illegally obtained. And it's a tragedy. And it's being played out everywhere in America every day, and we only come to know about it when it involves celebrities."

What leads Wecht to conclude drugs were involved here?

"I am aware of some of the drugs that were found. One of them was a drug that was involved with Michael Jackson, Adivan. One of them was a drug that was involved with Anna Nicole Smith, Klonopin. Two of the drugs are pain relievers, Hydrocodone, which we frequently see in these cases, and Vicoprofen, a form of Vicodin. So, I guarantee you that, if the pathologists at the Los Angeles coroner's office had found something dramatic, like a heart attack, like a stroke, or like something of a definitive nature, would you have heard about it. The fact that they say that they're going wait for toxicology tests and it will take a couple of months, you can be sure that this is going to prove to be a case of acute combined drug toxicity. A tragedy."

Officially, Assistant Chief Los Angles County Coroner Ed Winter said to reporters that an autopsy had been conducted and officials were awaiting the results of toxicology and tissue testing before determining an official cause of death. It could take up to six weeks before a determination is made public.

Officials also interviewed Murphy's personal physician and examined prescription drugs taken from her home. None of the medications was illegal, reports said.

Paramedics tried to revive Murphy early Sunday, but she was pronounced dead at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. The hospital said she died of cardiac arrest.

The autopsy found no signs of trauma to the body of the 32-year-old star of "Clueless" and "8 Mile." Police say they don't suspect foul play.

Winter said Murphy's family reported she had been ill and that could have contributed to her death. He said he had no further details about the medication taken from the home Murphy shared with her screenwriter husband Simon Monjack.

© MMIX, CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Appreciation

Why Brittany Murphy Is Worth Remembering

By Richard Corliss Wednesday, Dec. 23, 2009

The tabloids, blogs and social networks have been all a-Twitter with speculation about Brittany Murphy, the 32-year-old actress who died Sunday morning in her West Hollywood home. Were prescription drugs the culprit or hard drugs? (No illegal medication was found in her home, but, police said, large amounts of prescription drugs were in her body.) Bulimia? Depression? Is this a Heath Ledger death or a John Belushi? Long before an official report could be issued, Perez Hilton decried what he assumed to be her reckless lifestyle. Other columnists blamed the vulturous showbiz media for not heeding her pleas, however mute, and healing her wounds. In the larger world, a tandem of reactions was typical. The first thought: Isn't that a shame... The second: Who was Brittany Murphy again?

I'll tell you: she was a talented film and TV actress who, in life, didn't win the acclaim she dreamed of and might have deserved. But above all, Brittany Murphy was the immortal voice of Luanne Platter on the Fox cartoon show King of the Hill.

She is more widely known in death than she was in life. Even now, as you type BRITT... on Google, it auto-corrects to BRITNEY SPEARS. (Type one more letter and you get "Brittany Murphy death photo." Jeez.) Reports abound of erratic behavior on her recent films: she was fired from one, and on another she seemed so addled that another character had to be hastily written in to pick up Murphy's slack. No question that she had lately achieved the wraith look, and there was apparently a volcanic side to her marriage to the English screenwriter Simon Monjack — whose most prominent credit was the script for the bio-pic Factory Girl, about Edie Sedgwick, the Warhol superstar, dead of a drug overdose in 1971. Pop psychologists combed Murphy's filmography for early presentiments of her death, and found one in Girl, Interrupted, the 1999 study of young women in a mental hospital. Murphy plays a sexually abused teen who has an eating disorder, pops pills and eventually commits suicide.

As a professional movie-watcher, I try to concentrate on what an actor does on the screen. Murphy produced a lot of fine work in the 18 years since she successfully petitioned her mother to move with her to Hollywood. She made an appealing early impression in the 1995 Clueless, Amy Heckerling's update of the Jane Austen novel Emma. Murphy played the tough, gauche kid — the title character, so to speak — who is given mentoring and a makeover by Alicia Silverstone. I liked Murphy as Eminem's girlfriend in 8 Mile and in the starring role in Uptown Girls, as a rock star's daughter who becomes Dakota Fanning's nanny. She flitted memorably through Sin City and squirmed inside the romantic straitjacket of Just Married with Ashton Kutcher (who for a time was also her beau). I confess I missed a lot of Murphy's appearances before the camera.

Her work in front of the mike was a different matter. What aspiring movie star goes into cartoon voice work? One who has the comic aptitude for it. Murphy provided the voice for Gloria the penguin, the hero's gal pal in Happy Feet, as well as Tank the Eighth Grader on the Disney animated series Pepper Ann. By the time she was 20 she'd won the role of Luanne, Peggy Hill's dizzy niece, on King of the Hill — and, just because she could, she also voiced the role of Bobby Hill's best friend Joseph (until Joseph hit puberty and his voice changed, literally). Luanne appeared in 231 of the show's 254 episodes, lasting from its debut in 1997 to its demise this year. To be sure, she was a stereotype — the dumb Texas blond — but one that Murphy and the show's writers elevated to the apex of inspiration.

She comes to live with the Hills in the first episode, when her mother stabbed her father and, in the melee, their trailer home was demolished. Wearing a tank top over her bulging bosom and a blond mane over her empty head — except in the season after her hair got singed off in the great Mega Lo Mart propane explosion — Luanne worked as a beautician and, on the side, a performer on a local cable TV station with her Christian sock puppets, the Manger Babies (one of whom was an octopus). In the early years she had a feckless boyfriend named Buckley, until he died in the propane blast. She later dated a series of jerks (voiced by Matthew McConaughey, Owen Wilson, Michael Keaton) and finally married one of them (Tom Waits). But her main function was to vex her uncle, the very conservative Hank Hill (voiced by the show's co-creator, Mike Judge) — once by joining the Communist party, and mostly by having taken Hank's den as her bedroom when she moved in.

The writers provided the funny lines, as when Luanne spots a giant snake in the living room and, as it slithers her way, shouts, "It's comin' to kill me! It knows I'm a Christian!" But Murphy was the young woman's soul. Using a deep-throated, deep-fried southwestern accent (the actress was raised in Edison, N.J.), she gave Luanne a friendly but willful tone that could instantly reach hysterics of mirth or despondency. Murphy put just enough Too Much into Luanne's inane enthusiasms and her fortissimo fears. She knew that the character was deficient in self-esteem and, for all the company at the Hill house, pathetically lonely. Is Luanne a comic figure or a trailer-trash tragic one? In Murphy's superb voice work, she is both. As Luanne once told Aunt Peggy, in a blast of defiance, "I am a proud, ignorant woman, and no one is going to change that!"

So Murphy was a good and gifted actress. Now she's dead. What else can be said? I suggest that, instead of reading the bloggers, you attend to these two comments. One is from Greg Daniels, the co-creator of King of the Hill, in an e-mail to the industry web site The Wrap the day after Murphy's death: "Brittany was extremely kind, talented, funny, and in love with acting. She was a joy to be around. This is very tragic news." The other is from the actress, a while back: "I've always seen myself as one of those 'show people.' My earliest memories are wanting and needing to entertain people, like a gypsy traveler who goes from place to place, city to city, performing for audiences and reaching people."

R.I.P,, gypsy girl — and Luanne

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,85...s#ixzz0aZczHHGb

Nice little tribute, albeit with a few howling errors. I thought Tom Petty played Luanne's husband, but could be wrong. I do know for darn sure that Murphy's character in Clueless was not the "Emma" character, she was the updated "Harriet Smith." Having said that, I would add that her character was one of the best things about that movie.

Nice little tribute, albeit with a few howling errors. I thought Tom Petty played Luanne's husband, but could be wrong. I do know for darn sure that Murphy's character in Clueless was not the "Emma" character, she was the updated "Harriet Smith." Having said that, I would add that her character was one of the best things about that movie.

clueless was cute.

Brittany Murphy funeral: Actress to be laid to rest on Christmas Eve: report

By Nancy Dillon

DAILY NEWS WEST COAST BUREAU CHIEF

LOS ANGELES - The body of actress Brittany Murphy has been released to a storied Hollywood memorial park where a private service is reportedly scheduled for Christmas Eve.

A coroner source told the Daily News that Murphy's body was released to Forest Lawn after Monday's autopsy - the same memorial park where Bette Davis, Lucille Ball and John Ritter are buried.

Tomorrow's daytime memorial service will be "strictly private," RadarOnline.com reported.

In an exclusive interview with the Daily News, Murphy's husband Simon Monjack said he and Murphy's mom Sharon are devastated by the "Clueless" star's untimely death from cardiac arrest Sunday morning.

"I haven't slept," he said Tuesday. "Sharon and I are getting each other through, taking turns crying."

The exact cause of Murphy's death is deferred pending toxicology and tissue tests that could take four to six weeks. Investigators have ruled out foul play but booked several prescriptions in Murphy's name into evidence.

Monjack, 39, adamantly denied reports that Murphy, 32, may have overdosed or suffered from an eating disorder.

"My wife did not take anything on the morning of her death that would have caused her to be sick or ill, let alone die. It's beyond even the sickest speculation," he told the News.

"The attacks on me, the attacks on my wife and suggestions that she was anorexic and drug addicted, it's like, look at the (recent) photographs," he said. "Look at that smile. That's not the smile of an anorexic or drug addict or someone in a bad marriage. That's someone who was content with her life."

Murphy weighed 115 pounds at her autopsy, Chief Coroner Investigator Craig Harvey told the News.

That's within medical recommendations for her height of 5-feet 5-inches.

"He has lost the love of his life," Monjack's mom Linda Monjack told The Jewish Chronicle.

A source told People.com that a larger memorial service is expected to follow the smaller private ceremony sometime in the new year.

ndillon@nydailynews

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/12/...l#ixzz0aZyRnVKE

Small, private funeral for Brittany Murphy

Actress to be laid to rest at Forest Lawn cemetery on Christmas Eve

updated 1 hour, 25 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - Actress Brittany Murphy will be laid to rest at a small, private funeral on Christmas Eve, while a larger memorial service may be held early next year.

Family spokesman Alex Ben Block said the Thursday funeral for the "Clueless" and Girl, Interrupted" actress will be by invitation-only at Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Hollywood Hills.

The 32-year-old actress died after collapsing at her Hollywood Hills home on Sunday.

Authorities continue to investigate the death. An autopsy performed Monday was inconclusive, and the coroner's office is awaiting results of toxicology and tissue tests before determining an official cause of death.

Murphy moved with her mother, Sharon, to Los Angeles when she was a teenager to pursue an acting career. She started out in sitcoms and commercials in the early 1990s before winning starring roles in several films.

She played Eminem's love interest in "8 Mile" and Ashton Kutcher's wife in "Just Married." She starred as a suspicious girlfriend in 2004's "Little Black Book" a barmaid with an abusive ex-boyfriend in 2005's "Sin City."

Murphy was juggling multiple movie projects in the months before her unexpected death, wrapping two indie thrillers over the summer and preparing to shoot a romantic comedy next month.

Michael Feifer, who directed Murphy in her final role, described the actress as professional, kind and healthy on the set of "Abandoned." Murphy's husband, screenwriter Simon Monjack, accompanied her on set and served as her hair and makeup artist.

"The two of them really took care of each other," Feifer recalled. "He was her teddy bear, and she was just his little princess."

The future of that film and Murphy's other thriller, "Something Wicked," is uncertain. Neither has secured theatrical distribution.

The private funeral Thursday afternoon is to be an intimate affair, Block said, noting the irony that Murphy loved Christmas and would be buried on Christmas Eve.

Other stars buried at Forest Lawn include Liberace, Bette Davis, Lucille Ball, Gene Autry and Freddie Prinze.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Brittany Murphy's dad, Angelo Bertolotti, skips daughter's Christmas Eve funeral

As heartbroken friends and relatives of the late Brittany Murphy gathered to remember the bubbly actress, Murphy’s father was nowhere in sight.

"If I wanted to go, I would go, but I don't want to see her that way," Angelo Bertolotti told E! News on Wednesday. "She was flawless to me. She was a little bright child. I have only good memories about her. She's a memory to me now. To me, she's off making a movie somewhere."

The intimate Christmas Eve funeral for the 32-year-old actress -- who died of unknown causes -- took place at the Church of the Hills, tucked into Forest Lawn Memorial Park in the Hollywood Hills, and was attended by those close to Murphy.

Bertolotti hadn’t spoken to the "Clueless" star for more than a year and had never met her husband, British photographer Simon Monjack. He said he had no idea his daughter was dealing with any health problems besides diabetes.

"I was very shocked by it," the 83-year-old Florida resident said. "I can't believe it really. It happened so fast; I'm just trying to figure it all out right now. I'm very upset by it."

She had a couple of issues but nothing was that serious," Bertolotti says. "Her mother never told me anything like that. She never said she had anything like [what] was listed in the papers."

Brittany’s father also was surprised at the multitude of drugs found at the starlet’s home, including the anti-seizure medicine Topamax, anti-anxiety medicine Klonopin and Ativan, painkillers Hydrocodone and Vicoprofen, and the depression medicine Fluoxetine.

The only thing Bertolotti wasn’t surprised about were the reports circulating that Murphy had willed her entire estate to her mother, Sharon.

"They were very, very close," he said.

source: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip

Director: Brittany Murphy was warned about husband Simon Monjack but did not listen

By Soraya Roberts

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Saturday, December 26th 2009, 1:17 PM

Brittany Murphy was warned several times before her death about husband Simon Monjack's alleged fraudulent activities, but she reportedly refused to listen.

Monjack vehemently denied his detractors’ numerous allegations, however, telling London’s Daily Mail that he’s been a target ever since he met Murphy at a party three years ago before marrying her in May 2007.

"My problem is that I do not look like Ashton Kutcher," Monjack told the newspaper, referring to Murphy's ex boyfriend. "Nor do they [the Hollywood elite] like the fact that she [Murphy] married someone who was not famous. Here, stars like stars to marry other stars."

But "Factory Girl" director George Hickenlooper, who was friends with Murphy and almost cast her in the role of Edie Sedgwick instead of Sienna Miller, had more specific problems with Monjack. He said he asked Murphy to seriously consider her relationship with the British screenwriter.

"The last thing I told Brittany is: “Do you know this guy? I mean do you really know him? Do you know what you are doing by marrying him?" ' Hickenlooper wrote in a comment on a Hollywood Eslewhere post about the couple. "At this point, Brittany became angry and told me she knew Monjack better than anyone and then hung up on me. A few months later I tried to phone her to see if she was alright and Monjack would not let me speak to her."

Hickenlooper also wrote that Monjack's IMDB story credit on "Factory Girl" is a lie.

"Simon Monjack had nothing to do with Factory Girl," he wrote following Murphy's death. "He filed a frivolous lawsuit against us. . . making bogus claims that we had stolen his script. He held us literally to hostage and we were forced to settle with him as he held our production over a barrel."

Hickenlooper goes on to say he posted this information on IMDB two years ago as a warning against Monjack, who he says was using the credit to solicit money from investors. But he said he took down his allegations after a plea from Murphy herself.

"One night at 3am, Brittany Murphy called me in tears, begging me to take this posting down," Hickenlooper wrote.

"The last thing I told Brittany is: “Do you know this guy? I mean do you really know him? Do you know what you are doing by marrying him?" ' he wrote. "At this point, Brittany became angry and told me she knew Monjack better than anyone and then hung up on me. A few months later I tried to phone her to see if she was alright and Monjack would not let me speak to her."

Monjack refuted the director’s claims in an interview with London’s Daily Mail, claiming that he never even met Hickenlooper.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/12/...l#ixzz0arBlgkRU

To think that all those prescription drugs allegedly found in her home proves anything is naive. Come to my house! To anyone's house! There's a bunch here, even years old. A lot of us tend to just put the prescip bottle in a drawer or on a shelf and forget about it. Who knows - we might need the prescip number again.

I have no idea why this poor talented girl died, but finding all the bottles at her house is proof of nothing.

To think that all those prescription drugs allegedly found in her home proves anything is naive. Come to my house! To anyone's house! There's a bunch here, even years old. A lot of us tend to just put the prescip bottle in a drawer or on a shelf and forget about it. Who knows - we might need the prescip number again.

I have no idea why this poor talented girl died, but finding all the bottles at her house is proof of nothing.

Yes, but the prescription bottles they found were not only in Brittany's, her Mother's, her husband's names...but also unidentified 3rd persons...according to TMZ.

So I don't think a lot of us keep prescriptions bottles of other people's names in our cabinets. Heath Ledger, DJ AM, Ana Nicole, Michael Jackson, could be factors to the press jumping the gun in cause of deaths...but it's also noteworthy that they all followed a particular pattern of having numerous prescription drugs/painkillers legally or illegally obtained. They are all were relatively speaking, young and healthy. Brittany's loopy behavior in interviews and scary weight loss didn't help the cause that she wasn't doing something unhealthy...

Brittany Murphy was sad, pale and fragile in last press chat

Brittany Murphy was battling to beat the blues and a cold in time for Christmas in what has become her last interview.

The actress, who died suddenly on December 20, chatted with In Touch magazine reporter Amy Webber, who reveals the star looked "pale and thin" on December 3 at a party in Los Angeles.

She told Webber she was looking forward to getting away from Los Angeles for Christmas and was planning a family holiday in New York with her husband, Simon Monjack, before kick-starting her acting career in 2010.

The publication reports Murphy appeared to have an eerie premonition about her own death. Promoting her new film, "Across The Hall" days before her chat with Webber, the actress told another reporter she wanted to have beautiful blond hair "in my next life."

Details about the cause and manner of Murphy's passing is pending investigation while the Los Angeles County Coroner awaits the results of toxicology and tissue tests.

The actress was buried in Los Angeles on Christmas Eve.

source: http://www.sfgate.com

Brittany Murphy's Mom to Break Her Silence

On Wednesday, Brittany Murphy's husband Simon Monjack and the late actress' mother Sharon will talk to CNN's Larry King.

It will be Sharon's first interview since her daughter, 32, died Dec. 20.

Monjack has denied that Brittany had a prescription drug problem or an eating disorder.

An official cause of death is unknown; toxicology results by the L.A. Coroner are due soon.

At her Christmas Eve funeral, Monjack called his wife his "soul mate."

He said that "mystery is the nature of love and you never know when or where it will strike or how quickly it will be taken from you."

Source Us Weekly

It's sad she died, but sudden death happens all the time, everywhere and to anyone. This potential "lawsuit" is ridiculous. I guess the widower and Brittany's mom are desperate because their livelihood is gone. I imagine we'll be hearing any time now exactly how she died.

Warner Bros. Execs Appalled By Accusation They Contributed To Brittany Murphy's Death

January 29th, 2010 8:35am EST

Movie executives at Warner Brothers are firing back at "false, reprehensible, and defamatory" accusations leveled at them by actress Brittany Murphy's widower.

Producer Simon Monjack has hinted he's planning to file a wrongful-death suit against the movie studio bosses for allegedly firing the actress from "Happy Feet 2" two weeks before her death.

He claims she suffered a heart attack as a result of stress related to being let go from the project. Monjack recently told TheDailyBeast.com, "They killed her... She was devastated. All she wanted to do was to make movies. She was waiting for the role that would revive her career, waiting for the call from Penny Marshall or Gary Fleder, people she had worked with before, that they might remember how talented an actress she was and call with a new magical role."

But a Warner Brothers representative tells news show Access Hollywood that studio bosses aren't taking Monjack's accusations lightly: "Any claim that Warner Bros. Pictures was somehow responsible for Brittany Murphy's tragic death is demonstrably false, reprehensible, and defamatory. Despite press reports to the contrary, Warner Bros. Pictures and Ms. Murphy never entered into any deal for Happy Feet 2."

this -happily- will backfire on them. It will put her under further scrutiny. this is what is called a harrassment or nonsense lawsuit.

It's sad she died, but sudden death happens all the time, everywhere and to anyone. This potential "lawsuit" is ridiculous. I guess the widower and Brittany's mom are desperate because their livelihood is gone. I imagine we'll be hearing any time now exactly how she died.

Warner Bros. Execs Appalled By Accusation They Contributed To Brittany Murphy's Death

January 29th, 2010 8:35am EST

Movie executives at Warner Brothers are firing back at "false, reprehensible, and defamatory" accusations leveled at them by actress Brittany Murphy's widower.

Producer Simon Monjack has hinted he's planning to file a wrongful-death suit against the movie studio bosses for allegedly firing the actress from "Happy Feet 2" two weeks before her death.

He claims she suffered a heart attack as a result of stress related to being let go from the project. Monjack recently told TheDailyBeast.com, "They killed her... She was devastated. All she wanted to do was to make movies. She was waiting for the role that would revive her career, waiting for the call from Penny Marshall or Gary Fleder, people she had worked with before, that they might remember how talented an actress she was and call with a new magical role."

But a Warner Brothers representative tells news show Access Hollywood that studio bosses aren't taking Monjack's accusations lightly: "Any claim that Warner Bros. Pictures was somehow responsible for Brittany Murphy's tragic death is demonstrably false, reprehensible, and defamatory. Despite press reports to the contrary, Warner Bros. Pictures and Ms. Murphy never entered into any deal for Happy Feet 2."

I'm thinking that Britney Murphy's husband must be completely whacked out on drugs or something to even think of filing such a ridiculous lawsuit. It seriously screams crazy and delusional.

I'm thinking that Britney Murphy's husband must be completely whacked out on drugs or something to even think of filing such a ridiculous lawsuit. It seriously screams crazy and delusional.

I was thinking desperate/destitute myself.