BobbyD

The Origin of Suri

Suri's Parents?  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So who do you think are the parents of Suri? Make your choice...or right-ins are encouraged.

Of course we all know she really is Tom & Katie's kid. :4biggrin:

Edited by BobbyD

I'm convinced it's Hartnett.

I tried to find a pic of Elron that might persuade me otherwise but this is the closest I got:

Posted Image

Bet I know who's already got one of those! :alien_dance:

I think Suri looks a lot like Harnett but I think she mightn't be his but rather from a hookup Katie had with some with someone else - perhaps not someone famous.

Katie has hazel or brown eyes (depends which description you read of her). Josh Harnett definitely has brown eyes. Suri has blue eyes. It's certainly possible that a brown eyed man and a brown or hazel-eyed woman could have a blue-eyed child but it's just not very likely - like a one in 10 chance (so says my geneticist pal) depending on the grandparents' eye colour. So, I'm thinking maybe some blue-eyed camera-man...

it does happen ...the recessive gene takes over. My father had brown eyes, my mother had blue eyes and all of us kids(4) had blue eyes. And there was no question of paternity...except for the eye color we all look like my father!! lol I told a biology teacher about us once and he said it happens more than the theory says it should happen. So it is very possible it could happen with Suri's eye color.

Regardless of the father's identity (although it's clearly not Tom), I have a hard time seeing Katie at all in Suri. I voted for Katie & Chris Klein, but maybe the whole pregnancy was a sham...who knows what shenanigans these lunatics dreamed up.

I think Suri looks a lot like Harnett but I think she mightn't be his but rather from a hookup Katie had with some with someone else - perhaps not someone famous.

Katie has hazel or brown eyes (depends which description you read of her). Josh Harnett definitely has brown eyes. Suri has blue eyes. It's certainly possible that a brown eyed man and a brown or hazel-eyed woman could have a blue-eyed child but it's just not very likely - like a one in 10 chance (so says my geneticist pal) depending on the grandparents' eye colour. So, I'm thinking maybe some blue-eyed camera-man...

I have dark brown hair, pale skin and hazel eyes. My husband has the same coloring as George Clooney. My daughter has dark blonde hair, pale skin and enormous blue eyes with her Dad's long, dark curly lashes. That is my agenda-laden way of saying; it is possible. (I think my daughter is freakin' gorgeous, so sue me)

I voted for Hartnett & Holmes, but I have to add (in that annoying way I have) that biological parentage doesn't mean that Tom Cruise isn't her father - for all his faults (and there are many) I do believe he is involved in the daily lives of his kids - so he's their dad, regardless of whose sperm was involved in their conception.

My second choice was orphanage, but I went with Shields/Hartnett. I figure she is a business woman after all. I never for a second thought Suri was biologically Tom and Katie's. She looks too perfect somehow. She looks like someone from casting picked this baby and thought now this looks like Tom and Katie's kid.

Edited by alpierce

I am in the minority who think that Suri is actually Tom and Katie's kid, but I think that they did it through IUI or IVF. I don't think Tom and Katie have ever seen each other naked. In fact, I don't think Tom Cruise is ever naked. I think he wears his giant elevator sneakers in the shower.

I agree she does look like a cast "perferct" family lol Like TC auditioned her for the role of daughter lol

agreed - and I also feel like they coach her how to pose, as a lot of her expressions, poses, etc. in the candids have a very artificial quality to them. I can just picture Tommy Girl teaching her how to be "precocious" :rolleyes:

Edited by fykeylicious

it does happen ...the recessive gene takes over. My father had brown eyes, my mother had blue eyes and all of us kids(4) had blue eyes. And there was no question of paternity...except for the eye color we all look like my father!! lol I told a biology teacher about us once and he said it happens more than the theory says it should happen. So it is very possible it could happen with Suri's eye color.

My DH has dark brown eyes, I have hazel and our daughter has huge blue eyes! It happens. We are learning more each year about the gene for eye color, not being one gene at all but a trait laced in many genes. It is so interesting, but eye color cannot be used to determine parentage.

I think she looks like Hartnett ad Holmes and she was born in January or Feb and they fibbed on her April Birthday, not based on evidence but based on the pure ridiculousness of the theory.

I am in the minority who think that Suri is actually Tom and Katie's kid, but I think that they did it through IUI or IVF. I don't think Tom and Katie have ever seen each other naked. In fact, I don't think Tom Cruise is ever naked. I think he wears his giant elevator sneakers in the shower.

I would be on the wagon with this theory, if it wasn't for the fact that these things take time. To do and IUI or IVF Katie should have been on the pill for a month to regulate her hormones and then the proper fertility drugs for 2-3 weeks and then the procedure. Did she audition and then the next day at the clinic for treatment? It's possible, but I tend to think she was pregnant before she auditioned and saw marrying Cruise as a way to cover up her out-of-wedlock baby (since her family is strict Catholic) and GMD saw Katie as an easy target and a way to showcase his virility.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: look at the photos from the "Batman Begins" premiere. Katie is wearing a brown satin dress, and she is clearly pregnant. I voted for Chris Klein, although it could be Hartnett.

I think Chris Klein was long gone before Katie got knocked up. I'll vote for Harnett or a blue-eyed high school sweetheart she ran into during a short trip back to Ohio. : )

I've said it before and I'll say it again: look at the photos from the "Batman Begins" premiere. Katie is wearing a brown satin dress, and she is clearly pregnant. I voted for Chris Klein, although it could be Hartnett.

Posted Image

does anyone know what the date of the premiere was? (just so I can compare to the "pregnancy" timeline. thx)

does anyone know what the date of the premiere was? (just so I can compare to the "pregnancy" timeline. thx)

Per wikipedia, it was June 15, 2005. You can see she has a little bump; it's small, but I remember the fashion police snarking about her "after-dinner bloat."

with the timeline pics there is such a big difference in some of them that are just days apart. I never remember being that big of a difference in my belly during my pregnancies!!!