Sign in to follow this  
sanlee

Kings Of Leon

Kings Of Leon 'Fight' Over New Album

Kings of Leon brothers Jared and Caleb Followill have reportedly been arguing over who should write the follow-up to their number one record Only By The Night.

The group, who recently confirmed that they will release a remix album of their back catalogue, admitted that they are involved in a dispute over who should pen their next studio LP.

"We started seriously writing the songs when we got back home from tour," bassist Jared told The Sun.

"I got a call from Caleb going, 'I'm sitting here writing the next album by myself.' And I was like, 'Oh no you're not!'"

The group's fourth studio album Only By The Night topped the album charts in the United Kingdom, Australia, Belgium, Ireland, New Zealand and reached number four in their native United States.

Kings of Leon have been nominated for five awards at the MTV Europe Music Awards in Berlin next month.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

ooooh Followill boyssssssss they'll get over it! I bet Caleb would do most of the writing anyway. But share the writing skills with Jared a song or two Caleb :)

Kings Of Leon 'Fight' Over New Album

Kings of Leon brothers Jared and Caleb Followill have reportedly been arguing over who should write the follow-up to their number one record Only By The Night.

The group, who recently confirmed that they will release a remix album of their back catalogue, admitted that they are involved in a dispute over who should pen their next studio LP.

"We started seriously writing the songs when we got back home from tour," bassist Jared told The Sun.

"I got a call from Caleb going, 'I'm sitting here writing the next album by myself.' And I was like, 'Oh no you're not!'"

The group's fourth studio album Only By The Night topped the album charts in the United Kingdom, Australia, Belgium, Ireland, New Zealand and reached number four in their native United States.

Kings of Leon have been nominated for five awards at the MTV Europe Music Awards in Berlin next month.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Kings of Leon Drummer Marries

With years of sweet music together ahead of them, Kings of Leon drummer Nathan Followill married singer Jessie Baylin in an outdoor ceremony in Brentwood, Tenn., Saturday.

"I woke up with a married woman in my bed this morning," Followill, 30, Tweeted on Sunday morning. "Luckily she was mine."

The ceremony took place at Brentwood's Wolf Den Farm at 5 p.m., with dinner (catered by Nashville restaurant Miel) and dancing following in a barn on the property, the band's spokesman tells PEOPLE. The couple's first dance was to an instrumental Hawaiian lap steel guitar tune.

"It was a gorgeous 70 degree day and the wedding was beautiful," the spokesman says. "It was a very love-affirming wedding with lots of warmth and happiness."

Guests included Followill's Kings of Leon bandmates Caleb and Jared Followill (his brothers) and Matthew Followill (his cousin), as well as Scarlett Johansson, who went to high school with the bride, and country singer Billy Currington.

After the wedding, Followill, who met Baylin, 25, a singer/songwriter signed to Verve Records, at Bonnaroo in 2006, Tweeted a picture of his gold wedding band. Appropriate since the night before, he sent out this message:

"This time tomorrow night I will be wearing some new jewelry. I'm so excited for tomorrow. A new day, a new life, and a new wife. Thanks Jess."

Source People

Kings Of Leon 'Will Never Split Like Oasis'

Adriana M. Barraza / WENN.com

Kings Of Leon drummer Nathan Followill is convinced the band will never suffer the same fate as Oasis - because their family ties are too strong.

The band consists of brothers Nathan, Caleb and Jared, and their cousin Mathew.

Nathan admits that although the group does fight regularly, they will never follow in the footsteps of British band Oasis - who split over the summer following a bust-up between warring siblings Liam and Noel Gallagher.

Nathan tells Britain's Q magazine, "I'm not sure what happened with those guys. All brothers fight, they just forgot to do the making up bit. But then again, they seemed to be having the same family row (fight) for like, 10 or 15 years so maybe it was time.

"But we have a special strength because we had an upbringing where we didn't have outsiders in the social circle for the longest time. That makes a big difference. We bug the hell out of each other day to day, but the relationship is so deep it can be like we share a brain between us. We might kill each other, but I don't think we'd split."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/dailyd...x#ixzz0ZfdA8GBv