Sign in to follow this  
droopee

What year is it???

Pharmacists now have moral clauses where they can refuse to dispense birth control, among other items. What happens if I live in a town with one pharmacy, have no transportation to another town (I live in the rural south - this isn't an exaggeration for many people) and the pharmacist in my town refuses to dispense my prescription? I don't have other options. But apparently I'm SOL.

And this thread should be moved to the Open forum, not celeb gossip, so I'll send Princess a message.....

Sorry, but I disagree that this guy had a choice. He is an elected official, and is required to follow and uphold the laws in his jurisdiction. It was legal for the couple to be married, so he's obligated to do the job for which he was elected. If he has a problem with the laws of his parish, he should step down.

I am going to say that what I focused on in my earlier post isn't what was intended for this particular thread--so I have removed it. Sorry for losing focus on the issue. :blink:

If he is required to provide the service due to his elected position, then that is what he should have done.

Sorry, but I disagree that this guy had a choice. He is an elected official, and is required to follow and uphold the laws in his jurisdiction. It was legal for the couple to be married, so he's obligated to do the job for which he was elected. If he has a problem with the laws of his parish, he should step down.

I totally agree with you. Your personal feelings shouldn't affect your job in such a forceful way. Edited by sanlee

Have it delivered?

What if that's not an option? Or too expensive?

It's the point that people should do the jobs they're hired to do.....

Have it delivered?

What if that's not an option? Or too expensive?

It's the point that people should do the jobs they're hired to do.....

see my other post above.

I can't believe that guy claims hes not racist when he so clearly is. He doesn't like mixed people, that's racist. And I don't see what his problem with mixed people is there are so many mixed people out there doing fine for themselves. I mean a few that come to mind are hmm.. the president, SNL actress Maya Rudolph (she evne talks about it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys0M9u0wQUA) and there are so many more out there. I think this guy needs to find a new job!

so remind me again ...why is this on a Fan chit chat board about celebs???????? I agree it is important and the guy sucks but does it need to be on here????

It's from a documentary called The Black List Vol. 2. Saw it a few weeks ago at a friends house and loved it. I would definitely recommend checking it out, I'm pretty sure my friend picked it up at Target. I didn't see the first one tho so i might have to check that out too!