Sign in to follow this  
princess

Kelly Clarkson & Clay Aiken Tour (Idol)

people.com BOOKED: "American Idol" vets Kelly Clarkson, 21, and Clay Aiken, 25, will kick off a 30-date arena tour on Feb. 24 at North Carolina's Charlotte Coliseum, reports Billboard. Tickets go on sale Jan. 24. The other "Idol" presence, Ruben Studdard, is expected to launch his own tour this spring, likely in March or April, according to Jeff Frasco, the responsible agent for "Idol"-related tours at Creative Artists Agency.

EOnline.com DOUBLE DOSE: American Idol alums Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken teaming up for a joint nationwide tour dubbed the "Independent" tour; the two pop stars will alternate headlining duties on the tour which kicks off in Charlotte, North Carolina, on February 24.

Clarkson: 'Next Album Will Be Varied'

Kelly Clarkson has confirmed that she is experimenting with a number of different genres for her next album.

The former American Idol winner revealed that she has been in contact with a variety of producers for the follow-up to 2009 bestseller All I Ever Wanted.

"We have several songs already penned for the next album, I'm always writing, I don't think I ever stop," she told Billboard.

"I was just emailing a couple of different writers and producers for the next album. There's everything from beats to more singer-songwriter country stuff to major pop stuff. It's all over the place right now, I've no idea what it's going to sound like."

The 27-year-old reached number one with her 2003 debut Thankful. She notched up futher top five success on the Billboard 200 with follow-up LPs Breakaway and My December.

Clarkson's album All I Ever Wanted is nominated in the 'Best Pop Vocal Album' category at the Grammy awards, which take place in Los Angeles on January 31.

Source digitalspy.co.uk