Sign in to follow this  
MC

The Bachelor - Jake Pavelka

Source.

ABC Sets Premiere Date for The Bachelor: On The Wings of Love

Nov 4, 2009 04:52 PM ET by Robyn Ross 4 Comments

Posted Image

The Bachelor - Jake Pavelka

Commercial pilot Jake Pavelka will get his chance to woo 25 women when The Bachelor: On The Wings of Love premieres Jan. 4 at 8/7c, ABC announced.

Pavelka, 31, was chosen over fellow finalists Kiptyn Locke and Reid Rosenthal to be the next Bachelor. A TVGuide.com poll showed that 64 percent of more than 2,500 voters agreed with ABC's decision.

And the new Bachelor is: Jake Pavelka

After being rejected by Jillian Harris on last season's The Bachelorette, Pavelka is ready to prove that nice guys don't always finish last and that, yes, it's possible to find love on a reality show.

The new season will be the first broadcast in high-definition television.

Well, it's been interesting so far. The one crazy one you know that the producers made him keep actually left last night. Jake booted her out before a rose ceremony. Another one was playing games with him (teasing) and he shut her out at a rose ceremony. This guy isn't stupid.

He's a pilot but he's terrified of heights. So they had him bungee jump! You'd think he could have nixed that right? Weird.

If you see any commercials for the show, they're heavily edited. What appears to happen in the teasers isn't what happens at all. No surprise.

Well, it's been interesting so far. The one crazy one you know that the producers made him keep actually left last night. Jake booted her out before a rose ceremony. Another one was playing games with him (teasing) and he shut her out at a rose ceremony. This guy isn't stupid.

That was awesome. The whole "I'm leaving"/ "I can't believe you don't want me to stay" was crazy lol

That was awesome. The whole "I'm leaving"/ "I can't believe you don't want me to stay" was crazy lol

We agree on something :)

She was such a tease. She's 29 and a "nanny" in Nebraska and she obviously doesn't know how to have a real relationship with a real man. Jake won some respect from me with that move.

It's scary how fast some of these people turn delusional.

It's scary how fast some of these people turn delusional.

I think they're delusional long before they get on the show. In fact, I think many of them are picked BECAUSE they're whacked. It's the Jerry Springer aspect I suppose.

I still watch this show. It's entertaining. But I do admit to DVRing it and fast forwarding through a lot of it. ;)

I'm watching it this season against my better judgement. I think I remember seeing a preview of an upcoming episode where it is revealed that one the girls is currently pregnant.

I'm watching it this season against my better judgement. I think I remember seeing a preview of an upcoming episode where it is revealed that one the girls is currently pregnant.

I remember seeing that as well - but only once. They do edit those things to make us think something is happening when it's not - so we'll see.

I think he did the honorable thing last night - sending all of those women home. But I just don't understand why he's keeping Vienna. She was first introduced to us as a spoiled Daddy's girl - poor little rich girl. We have only seen the girls hating her. They've told Jake and he's kept her. I wish I could understand why he kept her.

I remember seeing that as well - but only once. They do edit those things to make us think something is happening when it's not - so we'll see.

I think he did the honorable thing last night - sending all of those women home. But I just don't understand why he's keeping Vienna. She was first introduced to us as a spoiled Daddy's girl - poor little rich girl. We have only seen the girls hating her. They've told Jake and he's kept her. I wish I could understand why he kept her.

My theory is that he is keeping her because the producers told him to. She is really the only thing that keeps this cycle from being one giant snoozefest. :1smile: I think he will ultimately chose Tinley.

My theory is that he is keeping her because the producers told him to. She is really the only thing that keeps this cycle from being one giant snoozefest. :1smile: I think he will ultimately chose Tinley.

The way he looked in yesterday episode, I am thinking he would rather not choose any of them lol

So my husband looked up Reality Steve and he says:

(highlight if you want to read it... SPOILER)***

He chooses Vienna.

Which would make me think that if he chooses her, that he didn't any of them and Vienna would be easier to dump in a way that wouldn't trash his "good boy" image.

I don't think he wants to take on someone else's kid.

He said something very telling last night. He talked about when he went bungee jumping with Vienna. They were both afraid of heights, but he was more afraid and she stepped up and was strong for him and took care of him and empowered him. Something tells me he wants that in a woman - someone to take care of him sometimes. He seems to be such a perfect gentleman, that maybe no woman has ever let him drop his guard.

Did anyone watch the finale? I tried but I fell asleep. There was so much filler. A bachelor's contestent reunion? Really? Who cares??

They care. It's someone's idea of "branding" that wasn't really interesting. Nor were their attempts at charity work which looked like big photo-ops, but that's about it. Interestingly, Trista watches the show and she Tweeted that she wanted to get involved in the charity side. I wonder why they didn't include her in the first place.

The only bombshell was Rozlyn declaring that Chris Harrison was flirting with the wife of the producer that Rozlyn was accused of being with, in New Zealand. My reaction was... Rozlyn was fooling around with a married man? I have read that the whole thing is bogus, and that the girls were coerced to give specific instances on the show (when in their exit interviews, they didn't mention it.).

Makes you wonder.

So Ali's going to be the new Bachelorette. Yawn. I thought she was still in love with Jake?

I didn't watch this at all this season, but tuned in right as Vienna walked up for her "proposal." Honestly, I thought that was the worst acting ever. From both of them. And what's with the dad ring??

I didn't watch this at all this season, but tuned in right as Vienna walked up for her "proposal." Honestly, I thought that was the worst acting ever. From both of them. And what's with the dad ring??

Not worth the telling.

Jake chose the one who put out I guess.

I did think this was one of the best seasons, only because he was the most polite bachelor, the most considerate.

But also a media junkie. He's now going to be on Dancing With The Stars! You'd think that after 3 months of not being able to be with his fiancee publicly, he'd want to start their lives together, not dedicate himself to dancing in LA!

I enjoy the show(s), not sure why. I'm looking forward to seeing Ali's season.

Source: OK Magazine

Jake Pavelka & Vienna Girardi: It’s Over!

June 21st, 2010 6:56 pm / Author: Mary Beth Quirk

It seems the fairy tale romance that began for Jake Pavelka and Vienna Girardi on The Bachelor has come to an end.

A rep for the couple confirms to OK! exclusively that “Jake and Vienna have split and appreciate respect for their privacy at this time.”

The shocking news first came out on Saturday at the Children’s Hospital of Orange County Oncology Prom near L.A., where Vienna confessed to Greek actor Gregory Michael that her engagement was over.

“We hit it off and hung out and danced the night away, ” Gregory explains to OK!, adding, “She made it very clear that it was over with Jake.”

A close source to Jake and Vienna — who got engaged in March after he picked her as the winner of ABC’s reality dating contest — also confirmed the break-up.

A rep for ABC had not responded to our request for comment by the time this story was published.

Jake's starting to look like a real a$$. Not that I think that Vienna is any better, but she sure is a better actor. LOL.

Jake needs to keep his "gentleman" mask in place and stop acting looney. It's pretty obvious that he chose Vienna because she wasn't a fan favorite, and therefore he'd get sympathy when he dumped her after Dancing with the Stars. I don't think he bargained on her being so good at what she does. Her interviews on Entertainment Tonight were pretty convincing - much moreso than his evil clown laugh.

Ick.