Sign in to follow this  
princess

AOL sent/saved email folders into outlook 2002 question

New job and soooo technically behind the times I'm going nuts. So here's my current problem and can't figure it out after spending about an hour doing google searches.

They were using AOL to access email via web interface (which SUCKS and is slow and I hate it). I have set up Outlook 2002 (yeah, 2002) with the aol account, but I can't figure out how to get all the old sent email and saved email folders (only two folders) imported into outlook 2002. All the instructions tell me how to set up aol account in outlook (see http://help.channels.aol.com/kjump.adp?articleId=217454 for what I've already done), but not how to get the archived folders imported. Every once in a while I come across a guy that will sell me the program to do this (see http://www.connectedsw.com/Overview/57266) but I could swear I did this at another job without having to get custom software...

Anyone have any suggestions?? :BangHead:

In case anyone else has this problem in the future I figured a workaround.

Created IMAP email account in outlook. This automatically creates a seperate in/out/sent etc. folders for the aol IMAP account. Once all the emails loaded into the seperate folders from the default folders, I just moved the emails from the IMAP folder into the default folder. Took a few hours to move all "sent" aol folder to "sent" default folder, etc. Once I finished moving them all, then deleted the IMAP email account out of outlook and presto!

Grrr... should have been easier... <_<

In case anyone else has this problem in the future I figured a workaround.

Created IMAP email account in outlook. This automatically creates a seperate in/out/sent etc. folders for the aol IMAP account. Once all the emails loaded into the seperate folders from the default folders, I just moved the emails from the IMAP folder into the default folder. Took a few hours to move all "sent" aol folder to "sent" default folder, etc. Once I finished moving them all, then deleted the IMAP email account out of outlook and presto!

Grrr... should have been easier... <_<

My own ms outlook once had similar problems. But luckily for me for some minutes I could resolve all of them. It are available due to the next program. Which relieved me for short time and demonstrated all its resources for working out almost all kind of problem connected to ms outlook - how to repair pst file in windows xp.