Sign in to follow this  
princess

Janet Jackson

histar.comThe new album from JANET JACKSON will be out on March 30th. No title for the album as of yet, but producer Dallas Austin says it's "easily the most sexy thing she's done. Guys won't know what to do with themselves after this." No word on whether Janet will perform any of the new tunes during her performance at the Super Bowl.

Janet Jackson Turns Bust Into Boomimdb.comSinger Janet Jackson is planning to turn her infamous Superbowl breast exposure into a new fashion business. The "That's The Way Love Goes" hitmaker is planning to launch her own range of saucy underwear and jewelry, including nipple rings, leather bras and chastity belts, after her nipple decoration shocked American audiences at the National Football League final two weeks ago. According to British tabloid The Daily Star, Jackson has been telling friends, "I'm so excited about this. I have the opportunity to bring to the world some of the pieces that I wear in my own private life." A fashion insider explains, "Janet's come up with a few possible names for her label. She likes the word 'exposed', so she's working on variations, including 'decent exposure'."

'SNL' Set to Gamble on Janet Jackson

STEPHEN M. SILVERMAN

people.com

Janet Jackson, who has been in the news for one reason or another lately, has her next gig in place: she'll appear on the April 10 edition of NBC's "Saturday Night Live," her first planned network TV performance since baring her star-studded breast at the Feb. 1 Super Bowl.

NBC announced Thursday that the pop diva, 37, will host and perform on the program, marking her first time on the show since she was a musical guest a decade ago, reports Reuters. The appearance happens to coincide with the release of Jackson's newest album, "Damita Jo," which is due out later this month.

A spokesman for "Saturday Night Live" said he knew of no plans by the network to establish a tape-delay when Jackson is on the show, as CBS did for the Grammys and ABC did for the Oscars. (The preventative measures that were added after Jackson's act with Justin Timberlake during the Super Bowl halftime show.)

Jackson was reputedly barred by CBS from the Grammys after she rebuffed the network's demands to issue an on-air apology as a condition for appearing on that show.

She subsequently bowed out of plans to star in an ABC TV movie about big-screen and nightclub legend Lena Horne after Horne, 86, objected to being portrayed by Jackson, saying she was offended by the Super Bowl incident.

EOnline.comHERE SHE COMES AGAIN: Janet Jackson scheduled to perform live, sans delay, for On Air with Ryan Seacrest on April 2.

histar.comHas JANET JACKSON's breast-baring Super Bowl stunt made her such poison that celebritites won't show up at a party in her honor? According to Fox News, Virgin Records is throwing a shindig to celebrate the release of the singer's album "Damita Jo" (hitting stores March 30th), and a PR firm is actually offering incentives to certain A-List stars in order to get them to show up. Among the perks: a limo to and from the event, a gift basket filled with luxury goodies, a designer outfit to wear to the party and first class round trip air and hotel accomodations.

EOnline.com

FINALLY, SOME GOOD NEWS: Jermaine Dupri telling Ryan Seacrest he wants to make Janet Jackson his wife. It would be a third marriage for the Damita Jo singer.

I've been hearing rumors that they actually already got married. Considering we didn't even know about her first marriage until they got divorced, it's possible.

"Damita Jo": A Celebration with Janet Jackson in Honor of Her New Album.

Posted Image

Brian McKnight

Posted Image

Jermaine Dupri and Janet Jackson

Posted Image

Ice-T

Posted Image

Janet Jackson

Posted Image

Patti LaBelle

EOnline.com

TYING THE KNOT? The New York Post reporting that Janet Jackson has gotten engaged to boyfriend Jermaine Dupri. The two plan to swap vows in secret this summer.

histar.comJANET JACKSON was wearing a giant rock on her finger during her appearance on DAVID LETTERMAN's show Monday night. Her PR peeps have confirmed that it IS an engagement ring from JERMAINE DUPRI. The "New York Post" says the ring is 20-CARATS!

Posted Image

SPARKLING PERFORMANCE: Janet Jackson keeps most of her body under wraps but still manages to show off a bejeweled piercing when she performs for On Air with Ryan Seacrest. The singer has been endlessly promoting her eighth studio album, Damita Jo, since its release in March.

(Chris Polk/AP)

Have't found a closeup of the ring yet...

Posted Image

Janet Jackson Performs Live on "On Air with Ryan Seacrest."

Posted Image

Janet Jackson Signs Copies of "Damita Jo" at HMV in New York City.

people.com

OUTSHINED: With wags calling it a sales malfunction, Janet Jackson's heavily hyped new album, "Damita Jo," sold approximately 381,000 copies in its first week to debut at No. 2 on the charts. (Her last album, 2001's "All for You," debuted at No. 1 with more than 605,000 copies sold, and the second-place "Jo" marks the first time her album has not debuted at No. 1 since 1989's "Rhythm Nation 1814," reports the Associated Press.) Jackson, 37, was denied this week's top spot by Usher, who sold 486,000 copies of "Confessions." He debuted at No. 1 last week with 1.1 million copies sold.

popbitch.com

>> Sorry Miss Jackson <<

Steer well clear of Janet

Janet Jackson says she wants to put out a duet

with brother Michael this summer. It's no

surprise that she's totally supportive. A source

at her record company revealed that Janet has

always been ultra-loyal to her family. Back when

she was just a teenager starring in Different

Strokes, Janet discovered her father Joseph was

cheating on her mother Kathryn. Janet found out

who the mistress was, paid a visit to her hotel

and, we're told, "beat the shit out of her."

:o

Posted Image

Saturday Night Live After-Party

LQ, New York

Covert Canoodlers No More! Janet Jackson and Jermaine Dupri brave the paparazzi with a rare PDA.

Wow look at the PDA from Beauty and the beast!! :rolleyes: I'm sorry, I shouldn't have called Janet a Beast like that.From IMDB.COMJanet's Struggling Album Poised for Re-Release Janet Jackson is hoping for a second shot at success with her latest album Damita Jo - bosses are reportedly planning to release a revamped version of the project. The album was expected to shift hordes of units when it was released in March, following the endless media attention Jackson received when her breast was exposed at February's Super Bowl during a duet with Justin Timberlake. But since its release, a disappointing 863,662 copies of the album have sold - a poor comparison to her previous projects. And now news website Eurweb reports that Virgin Records plans to re-release Damita Jo in a package which will include six new tracks - and hopefully reignite interest in the struggling CD.

Guest Naran

This came out some time ago but still... :lol: Ashcroft Detains Janet Jackson's Right BreastThe singer's controversial body part is dispatched to Guantanamo for questioningBy Andy BorowitzNewsweekUpdated: 2:48 p.m. ET Feb. 04, 2004Feb. 4 - Just hours after singer Janet Jackson shocked the world by exposing her right breast at the conclusion of Sunday's Super Bowl halftime show, Attorney General John Ashcroft ordered the offending breast detained "indefinitely," Ashcroft confirmed today."Janet Jackson's right breast has been taken into custody and sent to Guantanamo for questioning," Ashcroft told reporters at a Washington briefing  on Wednesday. "We'd very much like to know what the breast knew and when it knew it."Jackson's right breast was detained under a little-known provision of the Patriot Act which enables the government to detain celebrity body parts that make surprise naked appearances at nationally televised sporting events.Under that provision, Ashcroft explained, Jackson's right breast will not have access to a lawyer but may face a military tribunal at some point in the future.When asked about Jackson's left breast, Mr. Ashcroft said that it is not a suspect at this time but that it remains "a breast of interest.""We would like to know if the left breast knew what the right breast was planning to do," Ashcroft said.  "It strains credulity to imagine that the right breast acted alone."Elsewhere, experts around the world confirmed that moments after Jackson's breast fell out of its lingerie-style housing, Western civilization fell as well.Dr. David Campeaux of the University of Minnesota said that experts were "surprised" Jackson caused Western civilization's long-awaited collapse. "We all expected a Jackson to do it, but not Janet," he said.

Janet Jackson Tunes Leaked to Internet That new Janet Jackson music making the rounds on the Internet is apparently not as new as you might think. The pop superstar, who is working on a new album, says someone has leaked songs she recorded at least two years ago when working with hitmaking producer Rich Harrison. At least one song has already made the rounds, titled "Put It On Me." "A couple of years ago I recorded some tracks with Rich Harrison. But none of that music will appear on my new album," Jackson said in a statement released to The Associated Press on Friday. "I have a tight rein on all of the music that has been recorded." Jackson's new album, tentatively titled "20 Years Old," is expected to be released later this year. She hasn't released an album since 2004's "Damita Jo."

Janet: What She's Done for Us Lately

You know Janet Jackson cannot get a break. She’s always stayed away from her family, but they keep pulling her back in. In January 2004, right after Michael was arrested on child molestation and conspiracy charges, Janet played the Super Bowl with Justin Timberlake to promote her upcoming "Damita Jo" album.

That’s when the "wardrobe malfunction" happened. Timberlake danced away and Janet was left holding the bag. "Damita Jo" and a subsequent album tanked. She gained and lost 60 pounds. It was a bad time.

Now comes "Discipline" with a couple of really hot singles, set for Feb. 26. On "Discipline," all the ambiguous stuff is gone. Janet is back to hooks, catchy rhythms and defined singing. Besides the single "Feedback," I heard four tracks on Thursday that were more like the Janet of "Control" and "Rhythm Nation."

The up-tempo numbers, "Rollercoaster" and "Rock With U," are killer. The former is produced by Rodney Jerkins, a favorite of Michael. Ne-Yo, the hottest producer right now in R&B (remember the Neptunes?), contributed the dancing "Rock W U" and a breezy, jazzy "Pillow Talk"-like love song. Another almost rock/R&B mid-tempo ballad, called "Greatest X," shows off Janet’s Michaelish vocals and a memorable piano line.

If the rest of the album follows suit, Jackson may be back in a big way. But what’s the significance of Janet recording a song called "Rock With U" when Michael once had a huge hit with the same name? Only a family therapist might know that answer. Anyway, my money is on "Rollercoaster."

So much for now. What with Madonna following these two releases at the end of April, we’re in for a big diva spring! May the best woman win!

Yeah, but one must always remember that with Miss Jackson, the infamous words of Eddie Griffin from "The New Guy" will always pertain..."Dont'cha be lookin' at my Janet!" I don't care what anyone else says, I will always have that movie in my top 10...At least once or twice a week, I tell my kids, "Roll around a couple times - you be 'eight..." I'm going to pop that DVD in right now... "Whooos the beoootch, nowahhh?!" :lol:

Janet Jackson is in secret talks to host and perform at one of the biggest events on the California gay calendar.

The singer was a surprise guest at the weekly Tiger Heat gay night at Arena Nightclub in Los Angeles on Friday - and now organizers of the "White Party," weekend in Palm Springs are begging her to play the desert event in April (08), according to blogger Marc Malkin. If Jackson does perform, she'll join the likes of Jennifer Lopez and Toni Braxton, who have headlined the White Party in recent years.

In Related News: A teenage Janet Jackson auditioned to sing backing vocals on brother Michael's P.Y.T (Pretty Young Thing) hit.

Source:Panachereport.com

(Pagesix.com)

Janet's Third Try

JANET Jackson is taking the marriage plunge again. Although the pop star has remained mum on her engagement to rapper Jermaine Dupri, she recently hit up designers like Badgley Mischka, asking for bridal gown samples. "She's preparing for her private nuptials," said one source. Good luck, Janet! Just last week, she confessed to Parade magazine, "After two divorces, I thought I was jinxed. Maybe marriage isn't for me? Maybe it's my fault it never works."

Janet Jackson on Wedding: "Let the Rumors Fly!"

Janet Jackson is laughing off a report that she's been seeking wedding dresses from designers including Badgley Mischka.

"Let the rumors fly!" she tells Usmagazine.com.

Jackson is engaged to producer Jermaine Dupri, who recently told Us there are no wedding plans in the works.

Jackson's latest album, Discipline, drops Tuesday.