Sign in to follow this  
princess

Overboard (the remake of Goldie Hawn/Kurt Russell movie)

NNooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer Lopez goes 'Overboard'

THR EXCLUSIVE

By Borys Kit

March 18, 2010, 11:00 PM ET

Lopez is in talks to star in the remake of the romantic comedy "Overboard," which Overbrook is producing for Columbia.

The 1987 movie, which starred Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn and was directed by Garry Marshall, centered on a snooty, spoiled woman who falls off her yacht and is taken to the hospital by a local, morally challenged carpenter. When she wakes up with amnesia, he convinces her she is his wife, thereby getting a free housekeeper for his four boys.

Adam Cooper and Bill Collage worked on the current script, as did Leslie Dixon.

Will Smith is producing with Overbrook partner James Lassiter.

The UTA-repped Lopez, who hasn't appeared in a movie since 2006's "El Cantante," next stars in "The Back-up Plan," which opens April 23. "Overboard" appears to signal she's ready to make a more concerted push into pics.

hollywoodreporter.com

I agree with you Princess. I saw that movie with my Mom when I was a teenager and we both loved it. :4biggrin:

Now she still has the VHS and I have the DVD. :P

That cute little comedy that stars REAL LIFE lovers needs to remain untouched by J-Lo.

Why? Why? WHY?! This is one of my all-time favorite movies. She is ridiculous, and there is no freakin' way this movie needs a remake. Please say this is a joke.