sanlee

Tom Cruise

EXCLUSIVE: Tom Cruise's son Connor is following in his father's footsteps as he moves into Scientology's religious retreat The Sandcastle, an exclusive resort-style complex in Clearwater for church VIPs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6056245/Tom-Cruises-son-Connor-moved-Scientologys-elite-Sandcastle-retreat.html

4F119BD100000578-6056245-image-a-40_1534

Katie Holmes Follows Thandie Newton on Instagram After Her Comments About Working With Tom Cruise

3 hours ago

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/katie-holmes-follows-thandie-newton-amid-tom-cruise-drama/?utm_source=email&em_hash=5d989d9ecd736b8131c14072926e952e

TN's bits:

On Monday, July 6, Newton raised eyebrows with her candid remarks about her experience working with the Jack Reacher actor. “I was so scared of Tom,” she said in the latest issue of New York magazine. “He was a very dominant individual. He tries super hard to be a nice person. But the pressure. He takes on a lot. And I think he has this sense that only he can do everything as best as it can be done.”

The British actress went on to describe a particularly jarring interaction with Cruise, who she claims was “not happy with what I was doing” on set because her character “had the s–tiest lines.” According to Newton, the pair swapped roles during a rehearsal so that Cruise could show the Crash actress how she should be performing her lines, which she thought was “the most unhelpful” idea.

“It just pushed me further into a place of terror and insecurity. It was a real shame,” she explained. “And bless him. And I really do mean bless him, because he was trying his damnedest.”

• Haha 2

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 08/12 **3**
Speaking of a dead man switch, you are going to love what this mogul's death releases. If I were the height challenged A+ list mostly movie actor, I would especially be worried about what comes out.

Sumner Redstone Dies at 97; Built Media Empire and Long Reigned Over It

Sumner Redstone dead: Media mogul who famously fired Tom Cruise over Oprah interview dies at 97

tom-cruise-oprah-winfrey_612x380_1.jpg

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 12/03
The craziest tip I have received in a couple of months. I thought I would share. I made it blind. I'm originally from California but I've been in a language immersion program in for the past 18 months. Yesterday I was doing my weekly shopping when I saw this A+ list mostly movie actor over at the fish counter. He was wearing his mask (actually two, one on top of the other) but I knew it was him because he had security with him and because I heard he was filming in the city. So he purchased a whole seabass but requested that they not wrap it up for him. He then took the fish into the men's room, was in there for about ten minutes, and when he came out, he no longer had the fish. I don't know what he was doing with it but it's really f**king weird.

But hasn't Cruise been filming in the UK? Why would someone from California be doing "language immersion" in the UK? Our languages aren't *that* different 😉

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 12/05
Crazy Tip Continued: Earlier this week, I posted about the craziest tip I received in quite some time. Here is a continuation of that tip. The only edits are for blindness and a note on 2016. "I believe I know who the fish bathroom guy is. I think it’s this A+ list mostly movie actor because I witnessed him doing something similar in 2016 (the actor was actually briefly in town in 2016) in a supermarket in LA. He had been wearing sunglasses but it was definitely him based on the nose and the bodyguard next to him. I mean being LA I guess it could have been any celeb but it was really the nose that gave him away. I took a number from the red number thing and waited to be helped. Our actor was taking a while, though, because he was carefully examining every fish that the guy placed on the scale. Finally he settled on one, not sure what kind it was though. The actor requested the man not wrap it up, so that’s actually the only reason why I followed him. I thought maybe they were filming a movie or something and they had an emergency need for a new prop. He went into the men’s room with the fish and the bodyguard but I stayed outside, afraid of appearing to be yet another star struck civilian following a celeb somewhere. Although when they opened the door to the restroom, I could see that there was not a film crew inside. I waited around like five minutes pretending to be shopping and was about to leave (I was thinking I might get in trouble for loitering outside the bathroom or something) when they suddenly came back out of the bathroom with no fish. I was really curious so I went in and found the fish in the garbage, wrapped in a massive amount of paper towels. Then I left."

2 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

[don't judge someone's kink don't judge someone's kink don't judge someone's kink]

BUT IN PUBLIC????!!!!!

In fairness, I'm not sure I would want the lingering fish stench in my car or home but that said....I'm also not sure I will ever look at sushi the same way again either.

:vomit2:

• Haha 2

I mean, I bring home fish from the store/CSF quite often and it's not that bad.....And if you bring a cooler & ice - no problem at all!

The BIs are getting weirder.  Do we need to rename GMD?

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 12/08 **2**
This tipster didn't identify if it was our actor or not, so this could be just some random person who has a fish fetish.
dear entlawyer.
i am reading your website for two years. excuse my english please as i am not native speaker. i am living in usa california for five years now but am from beijing. your 'blind item' made me remind me of what i saw in my beijing supermarket bhg many years ago. i worked at fresh meat counter of bhg supermarket in beijing which was next to fresh seafood counter. one day maybe in 2013 or maybe 2014 i see man go to seafood fresh fish counter and order one fish. he had two black clothes men by his sides and had sunglasses over his eyes. he spend many minutes looking at fish selection and then he order one complete fish called pompano. i did not see what he say to fish counter staff worker but i see him walking away from fish counter with fish not wrapped. but fish was raw so i do not think he would eat it then. at closing my superior says there is pompano in bathroom rubbish bin. i tell her what i see and superior says she see the same the day prior. also my peer who works later shift inform me that strange man return to supermarket in the evening and purchase pig trotters (pig feet). he put every package of pig feet in shopping cart and then become distressed when my friend says there are no more. Tom Cruise

I’ve posted the New York Times article on it below. It explains a little more of the context. This meltdown was obviously for a way better reason than Christian Bale’s rant all those years ago, and I get the anger, but I still don’t think it’s right to yell at people the way he did. There are much more appropriate ways of communicating. 

Tom Cruise Erupts at ‘Mission: Impossible’ Crew Over Covid-19 Breach

On a film set in Britain, the actor tore into the crew with an expletive-laden rant. Production of the blockbuster film had previously been delayed by the pandemic.

Tom Cruise, on the set of “Mission: Impossible 7” in Rome last month, took issue with crew members who broke coronavirus protocols.Tom Cruise, on the set of “Mission: Impossible 7” in Rome last month, took issue with crew members who broke coronavirus protocols.Credit...Riccardo Antimiani/EPA, via Shutterstock  

By Mike Ives

• Dec. 16, 2020, 1:19 a.m. ET

The actor Tom Cruise recently erupted at crew members on the set of “Mission: Impossible 7” over a breach of Covid-19 protocols in an apparent effort to prevent further disruptions to a film whose production has already been delayed by the pandemic.

“We are creating thousands of jobs,” Mr. Cruise, the star of the film, can be heard saying in a leaked audio clip that is littered with expletives. “I don’t ever want to see it again! Ever! And if you don’t do it, you’re fired!”

The recording was published on Tuesday by The Sun, a British tabloid, and its authenticity was confirmed by two sources close to the film. One source said that Mr. Cruise had been speaking to members of the “Mission: Impossible 7” crew about a breach in Covid-19 protocols on the set in London, and that further details were not immediately available.

Mr. Cruise apparently became enraged after spotting two crew members standing together at a computer screen, in violation of an on-set rule requiring people to stand about six feet apart, The Sun reported.

Paramount Pictures declined to comment, and The Sun did not say when the recording of Mr. Cruise, 58, had been made. Reuters reported that the filmmakers for “Mission: Impossible 7” — the latest installment in the 24-year-old series — arrived in London earlier this month.

In February, production on the film was shuttered in Venice, Italy, amid a raging coronavirus outbreak in that country, Reuters reported. Production resumed in September, and has since moved between Italy, Norway and Britain.

Production was paused again in October after 12 crew members on a set in Italy tested positive for the virus, Variety reported.

The leaked audio is of Mr. Cruise addressing about 50 staff members at a Warner Bros. film production complex in Leavesden, northwest of London, The Sun reported. The tabloid said that the actor wears a mask on the set and has been personally enforcing Covid-19 rules, an effort to prevent further delays in shooting.

In the leaked clip, Mr. Cruise told the crew that the production was the “gold standard” for Hollywood, and that he had been speaking with studios, producers and insurance companies who were all “looking at us and using us to make their movies.”

He said he would not accept any apologies for what had happened on the set, an apparent reference to the breach in Covid-19 protocol.

“You can tell it to the people that are losing their homes because our industry is shut down,” Mr. Cruise said, adding an expletive. “It’s not going to put food on their table or pay for their college education.”

The sixth film in the series, “Mission: Impossible — Fallout” was released in 2018 and took in $791 million in global ticket sales. It was also filmed in Europe, among other places, and its production was delayed after Mr. Cruise broke his ankle while performing a stunt in which he slams into the side of a building. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/16/movies/tom-cruise-covid.html?action=click&module=Latest&pgtype=Homepage

• Like 1

Haven't I been reading that he is the one that only wears a mask when the tabloid cameras are pointed on him??

• Sad 1

I'm guessing this is all about $ - if he's an exec producer on this project, any screwups will cost him personally - if they have to shut down because of a COVID outbreak, get fined for non-compliance - whatever fallout there would be - would fall on him, not just as an actor......

British tabloids reporting he’s dating Hayley atwell (I think his MI costar? And agent Carter in marvel) now. No word on whether this is to detract from #MIaskgate, a hashtag I have just invented. 

• Haha 1

Your Friday giggle:

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 09/23 **5**
We Have Fish: So my friend and I were talking this afternoon and I of course asked him about his meeting with this pint sized A list mostly movie actor. He said it was cool and the actor was quite friendly but he said he overheard the gentleman who got off the helicopter with the actor whispering to one another. He wasn't 100% sure what was said but he said that he's pretty sure he heard something that sounded like "should've put a hole in the chute" followed by something that sounded like "this bullshit with the fish". He said he's pretty sure it was fish but it's possible it was "wish" instead (all I can think of is maybe he was involved in some sort of Make A Wish Foundation thing for a child or something).

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 09/26 **4**
With this celebrity offspring set to reach an age early next Spring where she can decide whether she wants visitation with a parent, things are in motion. The A list parent who never sees the child is set to make a big move to bring her into his orbit not only as a successor but to make sure she stays quiet.