sanlee

Gwyneth Paltrow & Chris Martin

Oh, Boy...a day in the life of Gwyneth (as told by Gwyneth) :vomit2: :

http://goop.com/newsletter/112/en/

Gwyneth’s day on November 4th, 2010:

When I got downstairs this morning at the crack of whenever, the coffee machine said “ERROR 8” and wouldn’t let me make the cup I had been dreaming about. This begs the question: is it odd to dream yourself to sleep thinking about the next morning’s coffee? Not a good beginning. Got Apple all fed and dressed in her uniform and ready to go but no sign nor sight of Moses at 8 am and we have to be out of the house by 8:20. I went up to arouse the little man from slumber and he quite happily got up and crawled into my arms. We got downstairs and I made him a quick breakfast of eggs and toast followed by a spoonful of lemon flavored flax oil that I try to remember to give them both every morning. Getting everyone into the car on time was a challenge; we’re going through a phase where no one seems to be responding to me (“Time to put on your shoes” … No response.) It is the school Christmas toy drive deadline today so before jumping into the car, we pack up and finish decorating the shoe boxes with toys, toothbrushes, hats, scarves, books, etc, for the school Christmas toy drive. Once the kids really understand that the toys go to children around the world who will not be as fortunate as they are this year, they very sweetly take trips to the playroom adding their own toys and books to the boxes. Somehow managed to get to school just as the old-fashioned bell rang. Moses was a bit teary today so I hung around and watched him through the window. Periodically he would check to make sure I was still there. When all was well I dodged off as fast as possible but was still late to the 9 am workout. Did dance aerobics for 45 minutes then all of the butt lifts and the like. Rushed upstairs to have a shower, doing my post workout stretch while the conditioner was doing its magic on my hair to combine activities/save time. Dressed quickly and rushed downstairs. On a less manic day, this would be my couple of hours in the office to work on GOOP, come up with ideas, write/edit and go over scheduling, travel, whatever else I have going but I have no time so I just pop the old cabeza in to see if there are any deadlines or fires that need putting out. When I am given the all clear I rush out the door, headed to rehearse with a band to prepare for the Country Music Awards which are just a week away. I’ve never performed live before so I’m preparing for this as if it were the Superbowl, which, in it’s own way, it is. I’ve been having voice lessons with my teacher, Carrie Grant, every day and rehearsing with an amazing London-based band. This will be my fourth and shortest rehearsal of the week, as the day is so full, but I am excited to get in there and see everyone. Had to do my vocal exercises/warmups in the car, sooo not a good look. Fellow drivers looked on a bit bewildered. Rehearsed with the band from 11:30 to 12:30 and then scooted back out to the car and had kind of a big interview on the phone while trying to subtly check/reply to well-overdue email. Got home and had a fitting with super stylist Elizabeth Saltzman for the upcoming Nashville trip (what to wear, what to wear?) from 1-2. This is my 4th out of 5 fittings for this trip. We tried on a myriad of dresses and outfits, and I had b.o. by the end of it from wrestling with all of those dresses. I have six looks I need to choose for the trip; there’s the radio press conference upon arrival, the red carpet for the Country Strong premier, press interviews, a Sony Music VIP dinner, the red carpet for the CMA’s and the outfit for my performance! We manage to finalize all of the looks for the (very nerve wracking) trip. At 2 pm I head into my office with a nice cup of tea for two hours of phone interviews. I am doing lots of these this week, but today’s session is only two hours. I call country radio station after country radio station speaking to some of the nicest and friendliest DJ’s on the planet. Thursday is the one day of the week that I do not pick my kids up after school. They go straight to an activity and I am able to really maximize work stuff. I always feel a bit guilty (obviously) about it, but it means I can focus fully on them when they get home instead of trying to do two things at once. At 4pm, my weekly owners' and managers' call takes place for the Tracy Anderson Method with our brilliant CEO Stephanie Stahl taking the lead. I basically listen and try to learn. Kiddies burst through the door and play in my office while I finish up, just drawing and hanging out and of course playing Plants vs Zombies on the iPad, their obsession that I have to limit like crazy! What up, gamers. Then downstairs to make cupcakes for tomorrow’s bake sale. It is ‘Bonfire night’ in the UK tomorrow and the bake sale is to celebrate and to raise money for charity. We decide on vanilla cupcakes with pink icing and green icing (from Tate’s Bakeshop cookbook with the icing from American Desserts cookbook). At 6:30 pm we all get in the bath and it’s hair washing night for the kids (every other night—never popular). Then back downstairs to check on cupcakes and have a visit from an auntie and uncle. The kids indulge in a super sugary cupcake before bed but I don’t feel too bad because they had a brown rice stir fry for dinner with baked sweet potato on the side. It’s all about balance! My night to lay with Mosey so I tuck Apple in, say a prayer and go into Mosey's room for a story, foot massage and quiet time. As soon as all was quiet, I rushed downstairs to grab a blazer and some blush and flung myself in the car for girls night. Lovely dinner and great conversation. 11:29 pm now, exhausted and ready to do it all again tomorrow!

Gwyneth’s time saving tips:

1.Schedule your time well. When I know what I am doing from hour to hour I get more done. Write it all in the day’s calendar, what you want to accomplish and in what time frame.

2.Focus on the task at hand. Be thorough.

3.I cook a lot, especially on the weekends, so I like to plan a rough menu for the whole weekend and get the food in on Friday. Obviously stores and websites that deliver make this a dream. In London I use Ocado. Also James Knight, my favorite fishmonger, will deliver. Having all of the ingredients means I'm prepared even when I don't think I am.

4.I always lay the kids uniforms and school things out the night before once they are asleep. When it’s quiet I can check the "kid list" for show and tell items to bring in, consent forms, ballet kit, etc, so that the morning is less of a scramble.

5.The school run is a great time to return calls (in whichever direction that the kids are not in the car) so don't forget your hands-free device.

Rouse - "awaken: cause to become awake or conscious"

Arouse - "stimulate sexually; eg. This movie usually arouses the male audience"

My sister and I loved the wonder twins when we were little, lol ;)

She does always seem to come across as thinking herself somewhat better than everyone else. Don't know if she intends it that way, but it usually comes across to me that way

I fail to see how eating two starches - brown rice and sweet potatoes, makes up for another sugar-filled item - cupcakes. that said, it's all about balance and I don't feel like I have to justify giving my child dessert as she appeared to - maybe because she has made such a point in the past about how she eats/what she eats. We were severely restricted when we were kids on sugar/candy/dessert, and it set us up for always wanting/craving them. My daughter gets to pick her dessert each night as long as she eats all of her protein, veg, and fruit. (She does have a carb component often, but that's not one of the 'musts' - as she gets plenty of carbs through fruit and snacks at school, which are carb-heavy). By doing this, many times now she doesn't pick one at all, and when she does it's in a naturally reasonable way, and not always a traditional dessert - sometimes she chooses popcorn!

As for the stretching/combining thing, I work out quite a bit - often 15-20 hours/wk of fairly intensive cardio/weights, and if I waited until after I took a shower to stretch, I would be cooled down and it wouldn't be nearly as effective as doing it right afterwards - that's kind of the point of it, IMO. I also don't have the benefit of being able to do it in the middle of the workday; I get up at 4:45 am so that I can do it before I get my daughter up, and to school, have a full day at work, back to my daughter, making nearly all her food from scratch (including bread, snacks, etc); and am going until 9pm usually, also cleaning/laundry/etc. And I still think I have it pretty good - there are plenty of people who have it way worse and I'm thankful I'm able to do all these things.

Okay, I know she didn't say she was better than me or anyone else, but why is it I'm always irritated after I read something she's written? (I know, stop reading it :) )

Edited to make it understandable, since it's apparently not a good idea to try to write after only a few hours of fitful sleep. .. this is the one day I don't get up and work out in the am (my day off from working out) so I think my brain is a little slower . . . at least that's what I'm blaming it on . . . need more caffeine . . .

Edited by akua123

Oh, Boy...a day in the life of Gwyneth (as told by Gwyneth) :vomit2: :

http://goop.com/newsletter/112/en/

Gwyneth’s day on November 4th, 2010:

It is the school Christmas toy drive deadline today so before jumping into the car, we pack up and finish decorating the shoe boxes with toys, toothbrushes, hats, scarves, books, etc, for the school Christmas toy drive. Once the kids really understand that the toys go to children around the world who will not be as fortunate as they are this year, they very sweetly take trips to the playroom adding their own toys and books to the boxes.

My night to lay with Mosey so I tuck Apple in, say a prayer and go into Mosey's room for a story, foot massage and quiet time. As soon as all was quiet, I rushed downstairs to grab a blazer and some blush and flung myself in the car for girls night. Lovely dinner and great conversation. 11:29 pm now, exhausted and ready to do it all again tomorrow!

Gwyneth’s time saving tips:

Good that she's teaching her kids that their used things are just as good as new. Do they also send their used toothbrushes? I'm sure she's also taught them that 'their shit don't stink'.

and

Does she get the foot massage, or does Mosey?

I don't usually pick other people apart like this. I just find everything about her annoying.

Gwyneth Paltrow advises, enrages working moms

Gwyneth Paltrow, typical working mom

By Rebecca Dube

Hey working moms, are you stressed out? Overworked and busy? Well, millionaire movie star Gwyneth Paltrow knows just how you feel.

Yes, Paltrow has done it again: given everyone "a massive case of the stabbies," in the words of TheFrisky.com. On her web site, GOOP, she claims a reader e-mailed her about balancing career and motherhood. (Just a theory: Gwyneth got one of those "Moms: Make $$$ working from home!" e-mails and mistook it for a personal entreaty.) It got Gwynnie thinking about "other extremely busy working mothers I know." Oh yes, she said other -- as in, other extremely busy working mothers like her, the fabulously wealthy movie star wife of a rock star. Just so we can all see how it’s done, she gives us the run-down of a typical “manic” day in her life.

Long story short: Get kids off to school, work out, shower, rehearsal for Country Music Awards, dress fittings, phone calls, make cupcakes with kids, put kids to bed, girls’ night out. God, it’s like she looked into my day planner… and my SOUL!

Gwyneth has, predictably, drawn criticism for thinking that her extremely privileged life bears any resemblance to that of an ordinary working mother. However, her GOOP essay includes some fascinating nuggets, including these three Gwyneth facts:

1. She has a time-travelling portal in her kitchen. According to her "day in the life," her 4.5-year-old son Moses wakes at 8 a.m., and she needs to leave the house with Moses and 6-year-old Apple at 8:20. These are the things she does in 20 minutes: makes eggs and toast for Moses, "followed by a spoonful of lemon flavored flax oil," gets children dressed, packs and finishes decorating shoe boxes filled with toys for less fortunate children (their mothers probably don't give them lemon flax oil). And they make it to school on time! The laws of time and space bend before the will of mighty Gwyneth.

2. Magical elves drive her car, clean her house and watch her children at night. She's quite the multi-tasker in the car, answering e-mails, conducting interviews and doing voice exercises. "Fellow drivers looked on a bit bewildered," she reports. Maybe she means the fellow who IS her driver looked bewildered. But there's no mention of a driver or servants, nor of babysitters when she leaves home for a "girl's night out." Then again, maybe she leaves her 4- and 6-year-old children home alone to go party with the girls, because she's just gangsta like that.

3. She understands multitasking. "Did dance aerobics for 45 minutes then all of the butt lifts and the like. Rushed upstairs to have a shower, doing my post workout stretch while the conditioner was doing its magic on my hair to combine activities/save time." Wait, you stretched your butt muscles WHILE conditioning your hair?! Have the MacArthur genius grants all been given away this year? She has so much to teach us.

"Long story short: Get kids off to school, work out, shower, rehearsal for Country Music Awards, dress fittings, phone calls, make cupcakes with kids, put kids to bed, girls’ night out. God, it’s like she looked into my day planner… and my SOUL!"

:rolleyes:

I'm not buying it. Who has time to SHOWER?

But, yeah, who made dinner, did the dishes, the laundry, and the cleaning? Maybe if I had staff I would have time for a girls' night out, once a year or so.

She does always seem to come across as thinking herself somewhat better than everyone else. Don't know if she intends it that way, but it usually comes across to me that way

I fail to see how eating two starches - brown rice and sweet potatoes, makes up for another sugar-filled item - cupcakes. that said, it's all about balance and I don't feel like I have to justify giving my child dessert as she appeared to - maybe because she has made such a point in the past about how she eats/what she eats. We were severely restricted when we were kids on sugar/candy/dessert, and it set us up for always wanting/craving them. My daughter gets to pick her dessert each night as long as she eats all of her protein, veg, and fruit. (She does have a carb component often, but that's not one of the 'musts' - as she gets plenty of carbs through fruit and snacks at school, which are carb-heavy). By doing this, many times now she doesn't pick one at all, and when she does it's in a naturally reasonable way, and not always a traditional dessert - sometimes she chooses popcorn!

As for the stretching/combining thing, I work out quite a bit - often 15-20 hours/wk of fairly intensive cardio/weights, and if I waited until after I took a shower to stretch, I would be cooled down and it wouldn't be nearly as effective as doing it right afterwards - that's kind of the point of it, IMO. I also don't have the benefit of being able to do it in the middle of the workday; I get up at 4:45 am so that I can do it before I get my daughter up, and to school, have a full day at work, back to my daughter, making nearly all her food from scratch (including bread, snacks, etc); and am going until 9pm usually, also cleaning/laundry/etc. And I still think I have it pretty good - there are plenty of people who have it way worse and I'm thankful I'm able to do all these things.

Okay, I know she didn't say she was better than me or anyone else, but why is it I'm always irritated after I read something she's written? (I know, stop reading it :) )

Edited to make it understandable, since it's apparently not a good idea to try to write after only a few hours of fitful sleep. .. this is the one day I don't get up and work out in the am (my day off from working out) so I think my brain is a little slower . . . at least that's what I'm blaming it on . . . need more caffeine . . .

Well, gee, Akua, you just need a couple of nannies, a driver, cook, personal trainer and assistant. I mean, do I have to tell you these things? ;)

Well, gee, Akua, you just need a couple of nannies, a driver, cook, personal trainer and assistant. I mean, do I have to tell you these things? ;)

Damn, knew I was forgetting something! I have to get on that. . .

Edited by akua123

From UK's "Daily Mail"

Wish you were skinny like Gwynnie? Let me tell you, ladies, we men are turned off by skeletal chic...

By Philip Robinson

Last updated at 9:38 AM on 22nd February 2011

Women all over Britain probably choked on their thickly buttered white toast today, on seeing pictures of Gwyneth Paltrow — 38 and a mother of two — frolicking in the Caribbean sea. No cellulite-covering sarong required there, eh ladies?

It was infuriatingly obvious Gwyneth has the body fat ratio of an eel, perfectly detoxed honey-and-oatmeal-rubbed skin, and the physique of an 18-year-old trampolining champion.

But as females all over the world weep into their Snack a Jacks, determined never again to trouble the silver foil of a Cadbury’s family-size bar of milk chocolate, and vowing to actually go to the gym (where their occasional swim now works out at £50 a length), I say — not so fast.

'Gwyneth is 38 but seems to want to look 20. When I was 20, all the women I went out with had the bodies of 38 year olds. It didn't bother me then, so why would it bother me now?

Puritanically thin: Most men are oblivious to Gwyneth Paltrow's wan perfection

While Gwyneth, with her willowy figure, exercise addiction and macrobiotic fussiness, seems to drive most ordinary women insane with resentment, most men are oblivious to her wan perfection.

We happily flick through the paper until we hit upon a small shot of Mad Men’s Christina Hendricks’ ample bosom, or Kelly Brook buying wallpaper while wearing a large sheepskin coat.

While Gwyn is proud of her taut, yoga body, men aren’t enthused. Men don’t hang around in pubs talking about how many sit-ups their wife can do. While shots of the stick-thin Gwyn might appeal to women, men prefer lumps, bumps and wobbly bits.

Gwyneth, bless her, has no jiggle. She is gawky and rake-like; puritanically thin.

To a man, this screams of neuroticism, a fear of being out of control. This is the opposite of all the qualities that make a woman attractive; confidence in her body, a love and lust for life, and sensuality — rather than an obvious terror of being even the tiniest bit out of control.

Gwyneth is 38 but seems to want to look 20. When I was 20, all the women I went out with had the bodies of 38-year-olds. It didn’t bother me then, so why would it bother me now?

While women approaching 40 can — given sufficient fanaticism — diet and exercise themselves into the natural sizes of much younger women, they miss the point of ageing with grace, and instead their obsession suggests fear and even desperation.

Women’s bodies change after they have children. They accumulate pleasing curves and their hips widen — but while women loathe the phrase ‘child-bearing hips’, men are instinctively attracted to this shape; a woman with a bit of meat on her bones is more likely to be fertile.

All woman: Men prefer Christina Hendricks’ ample bosom, or Kelly Brook's curves

Just as I hope to become handsomely craggy and characterful as I age, I expect women’s bodies to mature and soften; it seems like an affront to nature to see a mother all sinewy and wiry and likely to beat you in an arm wrestle.

Men are supposed to be stubbly and dry with hard angles, so we do not crave more of the same from our wife or girlfriend. We want women to be feminine, which means a slightly rounded belly is preferable to a washboard.

Your girlfriend’s squishy bum and touch of wobble might look less than Pirelli Calendar perfect under the harsh midday sun, but it feels great under the duvet at the tail end of a northern European winter.

There has always been a massive gap between what men really want and what women think they want, not helped by the fashion industry and designers who only want to dress women with the same dimensions as lampposts, whose bodies won’t interfere unduly with the uniform drop of their dresses.

Heterosexual men, however, are pretty simple and do not require women to look like freakish giraffes with perfect teeth. What men regard as a nice figure would astonish most women; our attraction to the way you look has as much to do with your confidence, attitude and personality as your genetics and nightly proximity to a biscuit barrel.

But, for a moment, let us indulge this nightmare — or fantasy. Say the hubby turns around to you tonight, during Antiques Road Trip, and says: ‘Darling, step away from the Ferrero Rocher, I want you to look like Gwyneth Paltrow!’ What happens next?

Well, you can wipe that smile off your face for a start. Gwyneth isn’t just an Oscar-winning actress with a rock star husband and two kids (Apple and Moses). She’s a lifestyle brand with her own website, Goop.com. It’s at Goop that the full extent of the sacrifice required to be Gwyneth becomes painfully apparent.

In short, you cannot achieve this. Do not try. If you do, you’d better start by dropping all semblance of humour and start by taking yourself about as seriously as God. On Goop.com, you can see Gwyneth living the dream, glowing with good health and knocking up a cake in the sort of kitchen that exists only in the pages of glossy magazines.

'It’s at Goop that the full extent of the sacrifice required to be Gwyneth becomes painfully apparent. In short, you cannot achieve this. Do not try'

One article is about a seven-day detox, despite the fact she doesn’t do anything that might merit detoxing. Post detox, Gwynnie announces: ‘I feel pure and happy and much lighter (I dropped the extra pounds that I had gained during a majorly fun and delicious “relax-and-enjoy-life phase” about a month ago).’ What the hell is a ‘relax-and-enjoy-life phase’? Was it really so terrible that she now has to punish herself with some insane fruit-juice-only starvation binge?

I’m a man. I want to go out with a girl who’ll let me eat a steak in front of her, without staring at me as if I just punched Nelson Mandela in the face. I want to go out with a girl who’ll eat her own bloody steak, with chunky chips on the side, without having to go on a ten-mile run and beat herself with organic birch twigs the next day.

Women who insist on a holier-than-thou existence are no fun. I’ve met the Gwyneth type at dinner parties, and heard the litany of their painstakingly dull macrobiotic, zero-carb existences. They are obviously proud of their etiolated figures, but look ill, sallow and drained of energy.

The problem could be rectified by eating and drinking normally for a couple of weeks — but the damage to their personalities seems permanent. More sinisterly, I often wonder if these complex, faddish diets are a cover for old-fashioned eating disorders.

It’s at this point men are often blamed, but the pressure it seems comes from within. And probably from people like Gwyneth setting the bar improbably high and talking about how great they are all the time.

Here’s the problem: what makes ordinary women appealing is anathema to Hollywood and the HD camera. To be truly sexy is about disregarding all this shallow stuff and just living. People who make other people, themselves and their partners feel guilty about living, about indulging in simple pleasures, are deeply unerotic, even unlovable.

While GP and her wafer-thin acolytes might live longer, who wants to spend their life self-consciously trying to recapture some point when they were never as great as they are now? What’s sexy about that?

Why does Chris Martin apparently not want to be photographed with his wife? Lainey and others say that and it appears to be so.

I was talking to my Brazilian exchange student about Gwyneth Paltrow. She didn't know who she was, but when I showed her a picture she said - the singer. I was shocked. Then she pulled up the Gwynneth Paltrow and Huey Lewis "hit" Crusin' and said that EVERYONE knew that song and she LOVED it. Horrible -_-

Edited by branchop

Yeah - but does David have an acting award that he got from the casting couch? point Gwyneth :D

Gwyneth Paltrow: 'I Worked My Ass Off' for Happiness

By Nicki Gostin Posted Apr 14th 2011

There are people who love the force of nature that is Gwyneth Paltrow -- working mom, actress, cookbook author, lifestyle guru, distributor of GOOP -- and there are those who absolutely hate the girl. The Oscar winner, 38, is here to deliver her theory on naysayers: folks are "pissed off" because she's driven and unafraid of change, while they're not. "It's easier to not change, not do something good for you, not work on your relationship, not make yourself a meal, not work out," she tells PopEater. "Everything in my life that's good is because I worked my ass off to get it and to maintain it."

That life of hers is good indeed, and in our full chat, Mrs. Chris Martin reveals she's still "mulling over" a music career after a recent bout of hit-making, talks about her inspiration for writing the new cookbook 'My Father's Daughter,' and has a few laughs about recent rumors hitting the tabloids: 1. She hooked up with 'Glee's' Matthew Morrison, and 2. She's pulling an Oprah and starting a magazine.

"Matthew's become a really good friend of mine," she admits. "It's funny, the press likes to write things. They say I'm starting a food magazine but it's like, the truth is I don't have time to get a blow dry, how am I going to start a food magazine?"

Okay, seriously, do you do anything but cook? It sounds like that's all you do.

On a normal day that's what I do. I'm always making at least two meals a day. If I'm home and in my London routine with the kids and dropping them off at school that's what I do. There are definitely days when I don't cook, but I cook a lot. I like doing it. It's very grounding and kind of relaxing for me.

Were you always interested in cooking?

No, not really. I started cooking with my dad when I was like 18, 19 years old. I was going to college in Santa Barbara and coming back into LA a lot and we started cooking together and got super into it. We would watch the Food Network together or call each other, "Oh I learned something so cool," because we were starting really from the beginning and had to learn all the basics. It was such a connection point for us. It's weird sometimes when I'm chopping I'll feel him behind me. I feel his presence, the love.

It's so important to cook with kids as you say.

Absolutely, and that's one of the reasons I wrote the book, [to] try to inspire people to make easy food at home, which is better for you. Kids really need to know what they're eating. They need to be interested in food. You determine your health by what you put in your body.

So, there is a contingent of people who are for some reason irritated by you. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Uh huh.

Why do you think that is? I have my theory, but I'll say afterward.

My theory is twofold. I think there's a part of me that because I think I do a lot, I think my work ethic is the reason why I'm successful. I think that a lot of people don't want to put in effort and it's easier to not change, not do something good for you, not work on your relationship, not make yourself a meal, not work out. [They're just] pissed off at someone else doing that. Everything in my life that's good is because I worked my ass off to get it and to maintain it. I also think, for example, like Mario Batali used to make fun of me all the time if I had soy milk in my coffee or if I was doing a cleanse or something. He used to grill me like, "Oh what are we eating? Squeezed out asparagus and seaweed?" And now he's the one doing a cleanse and having almond milk. I think people mistake me trying to be the best version of myself for me telling them you're not, or they just think well, what does that make me then, you annoying f**king person on the soapbox. But I can't please everybody, all I can do is focus on the people who seem to appreciate what I do and put into the world. I'll just do what I'm doing because, especially now, we live in a world now where everybody is able to express their opinion.

And anonymously.

Yeah, which almost sort of rules out the opinion. If everyone has an opinion then no one has an opinion. Ultimately, it's not about me.

It's about themselves.

Exactly. It's a projection. Sometimes if I hear of something really unkind or somebody's really misunderstood me or something like that for a second I'll be like, "Oooh wow that hurt," but almost immediately I'll be like, "poor guy." What state are they in that they're seeing that or projecting that.

Can we talk about...?

What's your theory?

Oh, that people are jealous. I know I'm going to sound like a suck up, but you're gorgeous, have a great career, two beautiful children, married to a big rock star. It all looks so effortless. You're well spoken. It just rubs people the wrong way. You look perfect.

It's funny because I'm so not. Of course, some of it is luck. My parents had money and they sent me to a good school, but it's like, what do you choose to do with that? You can rely on that and not do anything with it or you can say, "How am I going to justify that good fortune? How am I going to say my parents didn't waste their money on me?" I just think I'm really all about hard work and I honestly feel like anyone can have or do what they want as long as they put their mind to it.

When you admitted you had the baby blues (after the birth of son, Moses), it really went a long way.

It's weird because I'm as insecure as anyone. I know I don't project that but I am.

[Gwyneth interrupts the conversation to speak Spanish to someone.]

See that! You just spoke Spanish beautifully and I can barely say gracias.

(Laughs)

Can we please talk about your new career? Hello Miss Singing Superstar!

It's been really fun.

Now you want to announce that you're divorcing and marrying Matthew Morrison right?

Is that what they're saying?

Oh, I don't know, an affair maybe.

That's hilarious. I'm definitely not declaring that. I'm lucky -- [Gwyneth talks to her daughter Apple.] -- I have to do a tiny bit more work. How's your tooth? Let me see.

Apple had a tooth pulled. She had an abscess.

Ouch.

Anyway Matthew's become a really good friend of mine. It's funny the press like to write things. They say I'm starting a food magazine, but it's like the truth is I don't have time to get a blow dry, how am I going to start a food magazine? It's like I was out, I was out at a dinner with six people. They have to fill up all these pages. You know what? You'll see me out for dinner with Matt Morrison again, he's a great friend. I adore him. You have to just live your life.

Does Apple think you're the coolest thing ever for being in 'Glee'?

Um, I'm not sure. Apple, do you think it's cool I'm on 'Glee'?

Apple: Uh-huh.

Well it is cool.

It is cool. I love it.

You're doing an album now, right?

I have not decided. I haven't figured out if I'm going to do that or not. I'm just mulling it over. I would like to. I'm just in a thinking-it-all-over phase.

I'll let you go. I think Apple needs you.

I know, I'm sorry!

"Everything in my life that's good is because I worked my ass off to get it and to maintain it."

Aaaaaand this is why I hate Gwyneth Paltrow. Born on third base and think you hit a triple much? I have no doubt she works hard, but PLEASE. When Michael Douglas pulls strings to get you into UCSB (I mean, seriously....UCSB?), you do NOT get to act like you are a self-made woman. When you get your start in acting because your mother arranges for you to play the young female lead in a summer-stock production in which she is the star, you do not get to act like you are a self-made woman. When you go to Spence, you do not get to act like you are a self-made woman. When you can spend thousands an hour on a personal trainer like some of us spend $4 on a latte, you do not get to act like you are a self-made woman. It's not charming to be so clueless about the struggles that the vast majority of people endure to attain half what was handed to you on a silver platter. It's ignorant. It's narcissistic. It's monstrously self-involved.

Damn, I'm crabby today.

"Everything in my life that's good is because I worked my ass off to get it and to maintain it."

Aaaaaand this is why I hate Gwyneth Paltrow. Born on third base and think you hit a triple much? I have no doubt she works hard, but PLEASE. When Michael Douglas pulls strings to get you into UCSB (I mean, seriously....UCSB?), you do NOT get to act like you are a self-made woman. When you get your start in acting because your mother arranges for you to play the young female lead in a summer-stock production in which she is the star, you do not get to act like you are a self-made woman. When you go to Spence, you do not get to act like you are a self-made woman. When you can spend thousands an hour on a personal trainer like some of us spend $4 on a latte, you do not get to act like you are a self-made woman. It's not charming to be so clueless about the struggles that the vast majority of people endure to attain half what was handed to you on a silver platter. It's ignorant. It's narcissistic. It's monstrously self-involved.

Damn, I'm crabby today.

No, you're 100% spot on here.