ElleDriver

Jennifer Aniston

I thought she would be better suited on television...after Cougar Town's dismal ratings with her guest starring...not so much now. :shocked:

Do you know if DVR/TiVo recordings are included in ratings :3huh: Not just for this show, but whenever they do ratings stats??

http://en-us.nielsen.com/content/nielsen/e...television.html

Looks like they include live & same-day dvr, but another category is +7 day.....

Hum. So I alwasy watch what my TiVo recorded the night before (so I have not yet seen the new Project Runway or Fringe, but you know what I'm going this weekend!!) - so I don't count unless you're looking at the +7 numbers....

HELLO!

Exclusive: Joan Collins opens the doors to her London home for the first time

11 OCTOBER 2010

Her name is synonymous with style and glamour, qualities that enduring acting legend and author Joan Collins believes are sadly lacking in today’s stars.

Opening the doors of her sumptuous Belgravia home for the first time ever in this weeks’ HELLO! - issue 1145 - the 77-year-old has something to say.

She tells the magazine that, with the notable exception of one famous modern day actress, there are no real beauties in Hollywood these days.

"I have to say, there aren’t that many good looking actresses around today. I mean, there’s Angelina Jolie and there’s… Angelina Jolie," says the famously outspoken stage and screen icon, who is married to theatre director Percy Gibson, 44.

"Jennifer Aniston is cute, but I wouldn’t call her beautiful. I think that is why Cheryl Cole is so popular, because she is just so pretty and the public are starved of gorgeous people.

"When I was young, everybody on screen was gorgeous."

The size 10-12 star, who reveals a hidden passion for collecting 18th century drawings of camels, says her secret for staying in shape is ‘portion control’.

"People eat far too much these days and I’m very aware of the penalties of putting on weight," she says.

"If you eat junk, you look like junk. People say, ‘It’s not my fault, it’s my glands’. It’s not, it’s greed!"

Celebs Love Jennifer Aniston, So Why Doesn't America? :vomit2:

By Sarah Crow Posted Dec 1st 2010 06:29PM

Notoriously acerbic comedienne Chelsea Handler went on vacation in Mexico with buddy Jennifer Aniston over Thanksgiving and, despite her famously sharp tongue, had nothing but nice things to say about the actress. Handler, who appeared on last night's episode of 'The Tonight Show,' told host Jay Leno of their trip, "[Jennifer] was sweet enough to take me on vacation with her ... I was trying not to get photographed next to her, for obvious reasons."

Handler isn't the only celebrity to praise Aniston in the press. 'The Bounty Hunter' co-star and rumored flame Gerard Butler told Us Magazine of the actress, "She's like my best buddy. She's so down-to-earth, so easy going. She's incredibly self-deprecating and again, just alive!"

While it seems that Aniston has some Hollywood heavyweights in her corner, she can't seem to shake the negative press she earned for her most famous role: the former Mrs. Brad Pitt. Although it's been over five years since Aniston and Pitt divorced, rarely a week goes by without the actress's rumored romantic entanglements appearing in the press, often painting a less-than-flattering portrait of Aniston as some kind of down-and-out spinster.

Despite her fame, fortune and reputation as a genuinely nice person, it seems as though many media outlets aren't ready to let Aniston step out of the shadow of her former relationship or that of Pitt and current partner, Angelina Jolie.

Many celebrities whose relationships have crumbled amid rumors of infidelity have received support from the media and fans, but Aniston has consistently been lampooned by the press while Pitt and Jolie have become beloved Hollywood royalty.

The question is, why?

The fact of the matter is, Aniston's situation represents some of our worst fears. She is not only beautiful but successful and, by all accounts, a lovely individual, but she still couldn't make her seemingly perfect relationship with Pitt work. To make matters worse, she was allegedly left for a younger, more successful and, by some accounts, more beautiful woman.

While most celebrity mistresses or rebounds are criticized in the press, Jolie was a respected actress and beauty icon before she became involved with Pitt. Jolie's reputation hardly took a hit when she announced she was pregnant with Pitt's child only a year after his divorce, leading many to believe the two had been involved while Pitt was still married.

According to Dr. Lorraine B. Cates, a New York City psychoanalyst and couple's therapist, "Angelina Jolie projects an all-knowingness that people like to feel. Our culture is having a very hard time dealing with just being human, something Aniston projects so well. With the enormity of all the cultural changes assaulting us, there seemingly is a return to wanting gods and goddesses."

Despite Aniston's discretion regarding her post-Pitt relationships, her every move has been critiqued by the press, with everything from her looks to her reported flings being deemed "sad." Even 'Project Runway' charmer Tim Gunn weighed in on the actress, telling OK!, "Sometimes I think she has 'desperate character' written on her."

Cates says that the constant criticism of Aniston is less indicative of a problem with the actress herself, but with the culture she's a part of. "There is a need to dissect life into good, bad, right and wrong, and the press does that. Jennifer Aniston is an example of a complicated human being that is striving to find meaning in her life," she says.

"The culprit is the press promulgating the tacit and sometimes not so tacit message that being a real human being is simply not acceptable -- that's what's sad in this scenario, certainly not Aniston."

God help me, I still like the lady! :unsure:

But don't worry, I love the put downs of her as well as they're usually quite clever around these parts. :4biggrin:

God help me, I still like the lady! :unsure:

But don't worry, I love the put downs of her as well as they're usually quite clever around these parts. :4biggrin:

I do, too. I think this story might be pretty accurate.

Aniston pal Handler rips 'homewrecker' Jolie

Comic goes on foul-mouthed rant against Brad Pitt's main squeeze

Chelsea Handler recently vacationed with Jennifer Aniston in Mexico.

Us Weekly

Make no mistake: Chelsea Handler is definitely, absolutely on Team Aniston!

During a stand-up comedy show in Newark, N.J., over the weekend, Handler — new BFF to Jennifer Aniston, 41 — went on a foul-mouthed rant against Angelina Jolie.

"She's a homewrecker, she is," Handler, 35, said of Jolie, the current of love of Aniston's ex Brad Pitt.

"She can rescue as many babies from as many countries as she wants to," the comedienne continued of the star, who has adopted three kids from around the world. "I don't f---ing believe you. She gives interviews, 'I don't have a lot of female friends.' Because you're a f---ing (expletive)," Handler bellowed.

Handler and Aniston spent Thanksgiving weekend together with other female pals in Los Cabos, Mexico.

The "Chelsea Lately" hostesses' one complaint about the sunny getaway: "I was trying not to get photographed next to her in a bathing suit, for obvious reasons," Handler quipped last week.

Aniston pal Handler rips 'homewrecker' Jolie

Comic goes on foul-mouthed rant against Brad Pitt's main squeeze

Chelsea Handler recently vacationed with Jennifer Aniston in Mexico.

Us Weekly

Make no mistake: Chelsea Handler is definitely, absolutely on Team Aniston!

During a stand-up comedy show in Newark, N.J., over the weekend, Handler — new BFF to Jennifer Aniston, 41 — went on a foul-mouthed rant against Angelina Jolie.

"She's a homewrecker, she is," Handler, 35, said of Jolie, the current of love of Aniston's ex Brad Pitt.

"She can rescue as many babies from as many countries as she wants to," the comedienne continued of the star, who has adopted three kids from around the world. "I don't f---ing believe you. She gives interviews, 'I don't have a lot of female friends.' Because you're a f---ing (expletive)," Handler bellowed.

Handler and Aniston spent Thanksgiving weekend together with other female pals in Los Cabos, Mexico.

The "Chelsea Lately" hostesses' one complaint about the sunny getaway: "I was trying not to get photographed next to her in a bathing suit, for obvious reasons," Handler quipped last week.

:poke: Hahahahahahaha--she sure as hell is! And Brad is too! Not sure that I'm a Handler fan, but I do like that she threw this right out there!

Chelsea Handler says Jolie rant had nothing to do with Aniston

Chelsea Handler's jokes over the weekend that Angelina Jolie was a homewrecker had nothing to do with Handler's own friendship with Jennifer Aniston, Handler said on her show "Chelsea Lately" Monday night.

"I've been making fun of Angelina Jolie since she made out with her brother," Handler said on her show. (A refresher in case this reference is lost on you: Jolie and her brother James Haven shared what some considered to be an overly friendly kiss after she won her 2000 Golden Globe for "Girl Interrupted."

In other words: Handler's jokes about Jolie are pretty stale. "That should tell you that you should get some new material," comedian and Handler round-table member Josh Wolf replied. "Maybe it's time for a new joke."

"If I've learned nothing from this, it's to write some new jokes," Handler said.

As Lainey pointed out yesterday in her column - Handler has always made fun of Jolie. BUT she also used to make fun of Aniston - now it's one-sided, and therefore- not quite as funny....

Actually, Lainey's whole rant on this is pretty funny and I happen to think she's spot on: http://www.laineygossip.com/Chelsea_Handle...D=0&CelID=0

Should Aniston have stuck with television?

Actress hopes audiences will 'Just Go With It,' but she's forever Rachel Green to many

Jennifer Aniston stars with Adam Sandler in romantic comedy "Just Go With It." But is she still just playing Rachel Green from "Friends"?

By Michael Ventre

TODAYshow.com contributor TODAYshow.com contributor

COMMENTARY

Once she was one-sixth of “Friends.” Now she is 100 percent Jennifer Aniston. Yet in the public’s mind, the math gets a little fuzzy.

Movie fans will see her in the romantic comedy “Just Go With It” alongside Adam Sandler. Some will look at her and see Rachel Green, her character on the megahit NBC series. Others can put a little distance between her and Rachel.

(TODAYshow.com is a part of msnbc.com, which is a joint venture between Microsoft and NBC Universal.)

But there don't seem to be many who can completely separate Aniston from Rachel. And that’s the rub.

“I think she’s playing the same character from ‘Friends’ over and over again,” said Chris Nashawaty, senior writer for Entertainment Weekly. “It’s a tricky thing with her movies. She’s made a bunch, they do OK at the box office, and some do really well. The problem is most don’t get great reviews. I suspect this Adam Sandler movie will be one of those.

Don't miss these Entertainment stories Sony Pictures Should Aniston have stuck with television?

Former "Friends" star is hoping that audiences will "Just Go With It," but she'll forever be Rachel Green to many.

“The bottom line is whether she’s a good actress. I would say she’s a good TV actress. She obviously had a role on ‘Friends’ that was iconic, a character that people related to and was beloved. But you can’t reproduce that character over and over again or you’ll get diminishing returns.”

Story: Jennifer Aniston turned down 'SNL' for 'Friends'

“Friends” ended in 2004. Before it did, Aniston made two films that suggested first-rate things were ahead in her big-screen future. She was Joanna, love interest to Ron Livingston’s Peter, in writer-director Mike Judge’s brilliant 1999 spoof of white-collar cubicle angst, “Office Space.” And she earned sparkling reviews in “The Good Girl,” a 2002 comedy-drama about a store clerk seeking love.

But lately she has appeared in a series of romantic-themed pictures that drift back to Rachel territory, such as “Rumor Has It ...,” “The Break-Up,” “Management,” “Love Happens” and “The Switch,” with varying degrees of commercial success and almost universally tepid critical reaction.

She has taken some chances in between. She starred alongside Clive Owen in “Derailed,” a 2005 thriller. She had a role in Nicole Holofcener’s 2006 ensemble piece, “Friends With Money.” (“I found her lovely and fun to work with,” said the director.) She co-starred with Owen Wilson in “Marley & Me,” in which both took a backseat to a nutty pooch. And last year she and Gerard Butler frolicked in the action comedy “The Bounty Hunter.”

Yet for the most part — for better or worse — it’s been difficult for her to shake the shadow of Rachel. In some ways, that’s a positive because Aniston banked plenty of good will during the 10 seasons she appeared on “Friends.”

“You know why people pay so much attention to her is that we’re really rooting for her,” said Grae Drake, film critic for movies.com. “Jennifer Aniston has so many people on her side (because of) ‘Friends.’ She’s so funny and talented that we want her to be good. It kills us when she’s not good, or she’s not in a vehicle that’s good for her. I really take her work personally.”

No more rom-coms!

But even someone who admires the actress as much as Drake does would like to see her stretch a bit. “Personally, I’m done seeing her in romantic comedies,” she said. “I think that’s also Jennifer Lopez’s problem. I’m done with these romantic comedy cookie-cutter things. I think she (Aniston) should go outside the box.

“Let’s get her in an old-school horror film. Put her in something unexpected.”

Some of the issue centers on any actor’s penchant for playing themselves, or bringing significant amounts of themselves to roles. Wendy Girard, one of the top acting coaches in Los Angeles, said that is natural and understandable.

“Every actor has to bring himself or herself to a role because that’s all you’ve got,” she said. “You’re the instrument. But if you study and work hard and develop, then you get into your capacity to explore character. Not just the charming social side of your personality but the vast dimensions of all of humanity that are encompassed in literature. That’s where training comes in.

“In a feature film, you start from scratch. You’re creating a new character. With a TV series it’s the same thing over and over, just different situations.”

The opinions of average movie fans on Aniston’s career and talents vary:

From Rick Suvalle of Los Angeles: “I loved her on ‘Friends,’ but she can’t pick a movie to star in to save her life.”

From Elizabeth Korecky of Newport News, Va.: “Personally I prefer her in more serious roles than the comedy stuff she’s doing a lot lately. She simply doesn’t have a comedic face.”

From Carol Strahlendorf Vega of West Milford, N.J.: “Like her, don’t love her. I think she is an OK actress, not award-winning — but entertaining in the right role.”

From Joan Schlecter Gruskin of Southwest Ranches, Fla.: "Saw the worst movie in a long time: ‘The Bounty Hunter.’ She starred in it. Really awful."

After “Just Go With It,” fans who want to see her embark on a radically different career path may have to wait a bit. She has two more comedies set for release. One is “Horrible Bosses,” in which she stars opposite Jason Bateman in a story about three friends who conspire to kill their mean managers when they realize it’s the only way to true happiness; and the other is “Wanderlust,” in which she and Paul Rudd play a couple who seek out a more bohemian lifestyle.

Bottom line: The movie jury is still out on Jennifer Aniston.

Said EW’s Nashawaty: “She’s making safe choices, but they may end up being bad choices. She needs to show she can do something else.”

Michael Ventre is a frequent contributor to TODAYshow.com.

I like her. I saw her on The View today, and thought she was funny and charming. I do think she tips off her own publicity, and she has made millions doing it.

I like her movies (well most of them), and I really don't care if I see Rachel over and over again. It is what she is good at, so I'm not sure why it is bad to stick with what you know.

I like her. I saw her on The View today, and thought she was funny and charming. I do think she tips off her own publicity, and she has made millions doing it.

I like her movies (well most of them), and I really don't care if I see Rachel over and over again. It is what she is good at, so I'm not sure why it is bad to stick with what you know.

I do hear you(even though I dislike her). I figured she could've gotten something on TV (specifically HBO or Showtime) and have a career like Sarah Jessica Parker. She might've reached a whole wider audience or fan base. However, I do believe she belongs on TV. But like u said, if it works for her...fine.

Me and a couple of guy friends were discussing how she is ok looking(would hit it in a minute) and for her to still remain single after BP...something's going on.

Ugh, I hate it when guys judge women for being single. Yep, every woman is desperate to be married, so an attractive woman who isn't married must be nutso. For sure. It's particularly ludicrous when the woman in question has been divorced - seems like it would be even more likely that a woman whose major serious relationship failed would be a bit more jaded about marriage and relationships. (no offense, BobbyD - we're on the same page about most of this, this issue is just a pet peeve of mine). Admittedly, the movies Aniston chooses don't help this: so many of them have her playing roles that completely feed into that stereotype. I think Jennifer Aniston may well be nutso, but not because she hasn't had a long-term relationship post-Pitt.

I liked two, maybe three, Aniston movies: Picture Perfect (cute, harmless, and perfect for her age and persona at the time) and Office Space. The Good Girl and Bruce Almighty were ok. I don't think the problem is romantic comedy vs. drama (although I can't recall the last well-written romantic comedy I've seen). And I don't think the problem is Rachel Green. The problem is that she is choosing abysmal scripts over and over and over. Maybe that's all she's offered, dunno.

Actually, she's doing fine. Marley and Me did well, no? The Break-Up did ok. Not everyone gets to be Julia Roberts (bleh) or whoever else the blockbuster flavor-of-the-month is. Some people just have to be successful working actresses who sometimes are in a movie you kind of like, or a movie you wouldn't pay for in the theater but that you'll watch every time it's on HBO.

But horror? Really? What: Leprechaun 8?

Ugh, I hate it when guys judge women for being single. Yep, every woman is desperate to be married, so an attractive woman who isn't married must be nutso. For sure. It's particularly ludicrous when the woman in question has been divorced - seems like it would be even more likely that a woman whose major serious relationship failed would be a bit more jaded about marriage and relationships. (no offense, BobbyD - we're on the same page about most of this, this issue is just a pet peeve of mine). Admittedly, the movies Aniston chooses don't help this: so many of them have her playing roles that completely feed into that stereotype. I think Jennifer Aniston may well be nutso, but not because she hasn't had a long-term relationship post-Pitt.

I liked two, maybe three, Aniston movies: Picture Perfect (cute, harmless, and perfect for her age and persona at the time) and Office Space. The Good Girl and Bruce Almighty were ok. I don't think the problem is romantic comedy vs. drama (although I can't recall the last well-written romantic comedy I've seen). And I don't think the problem is Rachel Green. The problem is that she is choosing abysmal scripts over and over and over. Maybe that's all she's offered, dunno.

Actually, she's doing fine. Marley and Me did well, no? The Break-Up did ok. Not everyone gets to be Julia Roberts (bleh) or whoever else the blockbuster flavor-of-the-month is. Some people just have to be successful working actresses who sometimes are in a movie you kind of like, or a movie you wouldn't pay for in the theater but that you'll watch every time it's on HBO.

But horror? Really? What: Leprechaun 8?

Is it not perfectly natural for both men and women to wonder (or judge) why someone isn't married or with someone? It's hard for me to believe that most men and women don't normally do it when seeking a potential mate. I think it's normal in society. Me and my buddies said something was up for her to be single. That leaves it open to various reasons( and not just batshit implications, lol)...she doesn't want to be married, dating the wrong people (John Mayer,wtf?), not over Brad, high standards, or can't find a mate. I don't see a problem with those thoughts...because in our male experiences, women often look at us the same way. Usually it's how many kids, why no kids, are you gay, don't want to be married, too broke, etc.

No offense taken, but I think it's a normal thing to wonder what's going on. Couldn't that also be looked at as a compliment, when us men see an attractive woman who appears to have it going on and our thoughts drift to that she probably would have no problem getting someone...so what's going on? A lot of women do it to us, trust me. :4biggrin:

It's ok, if people think she's doing fine. I'm in the business side...and her numbers don't match that. She's not a draw...and doesn't have a big fanbase to open a flick. People went to Marley & Me, because it's a well known story about a Dog (they could've had anyone in her role). What role has anyone seen of her where they can actually say, she was excellent in it? (Maybe The Good Girl?)

I think she should try something else. Not completely sold on with her in Horror, either. Unless she could follow Sara Michelle Gellar or Naomi Watts in those Japanese Horror remakes.

I do not even attempt to have your knowledge on this BobbyD and I bow to the master (take that any way you like <3)

However, as a lay person on the opposite coast, She is a bigger draw than most actresses. Maybe it is the movie type and not her, but Reese or Sandra (maybe) are about the only ones above her that can open a movie.

I think she is still one of the highest paid actresses in the business and she is fairly prolific in movies, about three a year.

On her being single, I think she likes it. I don't think she really wants kids (and you don't need a partner for that), and she may like being able to have fun but not be around someone all the time.

I do agree with you, anyone single after a certain age gets that "what is wrong with them?" analysis, whether you want want to admit it or not. And for most of the the answer is - nothing is wrong with them. Same thing happens with childless couples. And many of them don't want them. And that is a great answer :)

On her being single, I think she likes it. I don't think she really wants kids (and you don't need a partner for that), and she may like being able to have fun but not be around someone all the time.

I agree wholeheartedly, but I'd respect her a hell of a lot more if she'd just own that stance publically.

I agree wholeheartedly, but I'd respect her a hell of a lot more if she'd just own that stance publically.

In her interview on The View yesterday, she said no to kids and said she hasn't dated anyone in a year.

ETA: That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up tomorrow with a secret husband and batch of kids. There is a lot of contradiction in Hollywood.

Edited by branchop

In her interview on The View yesterday, she said no to kids and said she hasn't dated anyone in a year.

ETA: That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up tomorrow with a secret husband and batch of kids. There is a lot of contradiction in Hollywood.

I can't recall her ever really commenting publicly on any of this in a proactive way. I think the media beats the crap out of her because of her single, dumpee status, and contrast that to Brad and his sick situation. I imagine she wishes people would STOP talking about it. I'm sure she would like to find love again, and it can't be fun having all of your bad dating decisions mocked. We've all had them.

I didn't get married until I was 35, so, yes, Bobby, I did feel the "what's wrong with her" vibe, and it is hurtful. But yes, I did/do look at men in the same way. That being said, there is a big difference in the perception of the carefree bachelor versus the desperate old maid.

But doesn't all this talk of "poor single Jenn" just keep her relevant in the press? I'm sure she doesn't hate it too much.

I can't recall her ever really commenting publicly on any of this in a proactive way. I think the media beats the crap out of her because of her single, dumpee status, and contrast that to Brad and his sick situation. I imagine she wishes people would STOP talking about it. I'm sure she would like to find love again, and it can't be fun having all of your bad dating decisions mocked. We've all had them.

I didn't get married until I was 35, so, yes, Bobby, I did feel the "what's wrong with her" vibe, and it is hurtful. But yes, I did/do look at men in the same way. That being said, there is a big difference in the perception of the carefree bachelor versus the desperate old maid.

Well, I see a lot of women are doing a heck of a good job of being carefree bachelorette's these days. At the least that's the perception. ;)

Jen STILL comments on Brad in the media (I just posted an article of her discussing meeting Perez Hilton and how she STILL communicates with Brad). She can do something about that and request interviewers never bring it up or even decline to answer questions about him. I know that for certain, because publicists of celebs dictate what can or cannot be discussed whenever an actor or actress is doing press for a movie.

Wondering "why" someone isn't married - happy single, very independent, haven't met anyone they want to marry - is one thing. Wondering what is "wrong" with them - damaged from previous relationships or parents divorce, too picky, selfish - is quite another.

Wondering "why" someone isn't married - happy single, very independent, haven't met anyone they want to marry - is one thing. Wondering what is "wrong" with them - damaged from previous relationships or parents divorce, too picky, selfish - is quite another.

Sure. I'm sure those thoughts are are completely separated and not intertwined at all. ;)

On another familiar subject...Jen is doing press for her new movie. And Brad's name is coming up...AH-GAIN. Surprise, surprise. :rolleyes: