sanlee

Brad and Angelina

Some kids DO care what they wear. I have a niece (5 last month) who has ONLY wanted to wear dresses since she was 2. And they lived in Alaska then! Try telling a stubborn drama queen 2 yr old she can't wear a dress because it's too cold......(compromise - dress OVER jeans ;-) So (in my admittedly limited personal experience) it seems you could have all extremes - from very specific ideas about what to wear to not caring at all.

Of all the things Brad & Angie do, what their kids wear bothers me the least ;-) As in, not at all. Whether it's the kids' choice or the parents'.

2 and 3 year olds can be very vocal about what they want to wear. My daughter at age 2 only wanted to wear Teletubby shirts. We went to a t-shirt place and bought her 5 of them. It made getting her dressed in the morning for pre-school so much easier. For church she had a pair of bib shorts that had a small Teletubby embrorderie (sp) patch. Then at age 4 we went through the "horse" shirt phase. Again. Bought her 5 t-shirts and was done. I never thought I would let my child tell me at age 2 what she was going to wear. :1smile: I learned to pick my battles.

I learned to pick my battles.

This was the best lesson my mother ever taught me (though when she was teaching it, it applied to a marriage - it comes in handy elsewhere!)

I learned to pick my battles.

This was the best lesson my mother ever taught me (though when she was teaching it, it applied to a marriage - it comes in handy elsewhere!)

its one of the best lessons in life.

Little kids definitely can have their own ideas about what they want to wear: they have a favorite shirt, or they only will wear blue, or everything has to have cats on it. I think it's a pretty big stretch to call that a sense of style or an awareness of gender/sexuality issues.

I would have to agree, the parents certainly can have an influence.

People.com

....The actress and mom says she loves preparing food for her brood but knows all about the pitfalls of trying to please all of them, all of the time.

"The problem with my packed lunches is everybody is very, very outspoken about what they want, so it becomes – I often say, 'I'm not a waitress!' " Jolie, 35, told the British morning show GMTV this week....

:rolleyes: Riiiiggghttt we packs lunches....

People.com

....The actress and mom says she loves preparing food for her brood but knows all about the pitfalls of trying to please all of them, all of the time.

"The problem with my packed lunches is everybody is very, very outspoken about what they want, so it becomes – I often say, 'I'm not a waitress!' " Jolie, 35, told the British morning show GMTV this week....

Translation: She stays in her bedroom until the nannies have it all under control.

People.com

Translation: She stays in her bedroom until the nannies have it all under control.

Her audacious attempts to paint herself as a "normal" Mom, even an involved one, really piss me off. Pack lunches? Sheesh. For what?? Aren't they home schooled?

Posted Image

Facts of Life Star Is Godmother to Jolie-Pitt Kids!

US Mag

She's an ex-Facts of Life star, the voice of Velma in several Scooby-Doo! projects — and the godmother of Brangelina’s kids?!

The new Us Weekly reports that ’80s sitcom star Mindy Cohn was recently heard bragging that Brad Pitt, 46, and Angelina Jolie, 35, chose her to be the godmother of two of their six children!

“Mindy is good friends with them,” the insider tells Us Weekly. “They even gave her a huge diamond ring to thank her for being the godmother.”

(Though the insider says Cohn, 44, didn’t say which kids she is responsible for, the single actress was first photographed sporting a huge rock in September 2008, two months after twins Knox and Vivienne, now 2, were born.)

Jolie’s brother, James Haven, 37, is apparently also a friend of the spunky star. The pals posed together at the L.A. Fast Food Nation ­premiere back in 2006!

Wow, who knew!

Hmm . . . Facts of Life . . . Wasn't George Clooney once was on that show briefly . . . Brad and George made the Ocean's movies together. Yes I'm stretching here!

I saw this woman driving in Santa Monica once. She was barrelling down the bike lane in her SUV and nearly took off my front fender while forcing her way into a proper driving lane. I'm sure she's a nice person but beware of her driving. <_<

Posted Image

Facts of Life Star Is Godmother to Jolie-Pitt Kids!

US Mag

She's an ex-Facts of Life star, the voice of Velma in several Scooby-Doo! projects — and the godmother of Brangelina’s kids?!

The new Us Weekly reports that ’80s sitcom star Mindy Cohn was recently heard bragging that Brad Pitt, 46, and Angelina Jolie, 35, chose her to be the godmother of two of their six children!

“Mindy is good friends with them,” the insider tells Us Weekly. “They even gave her a huge diamond ring to thank her for being the godmother.”

(Though the insider says Cohn, 44, didn’t say which kids she is responsible for, the single actress was first photographed sporting a huge rock in September 2008, two months after twins Knox and Vivienne, now 2, were born.)

Jolie’s brother, James Haven, 37, is apparently also a friend of the spunky star. The pals posed together at the L.A. Fast Food Nation ­premiere back in 2006!

Wow, who knew!

I thought Angelina Jolie said she didn't have any friends. Then suddenly, she has one.... hmmmm.

Edited by gingersnap

Posted Image

DADDY'S GIRL

Safety first! Back in Budapest, Hungary, following his New York Megamind premiere, Brad Pitt takes his little helmet head, 4-year-old Shiloh, to a local park on Friday for some zip-lining fun with siblings Zahara and Pax and mom Angelina Jolie (not pictured).

Kid seriously looks like her mom!!

So Ms Cohn promises to raise the children in the faith should anything happen to the parents? So Brad and Angie are Jewish? I didn't know.

I'm just being snotty because these actors toss around that word and have no idea what it really means. A Godparent is a serious role, not just a sort of auntie or uncle.

I think "Godparent" is a title and not as specific anymore to religious upbringing. It could be simply wanting someone to be a role model for their children and/or guardian in case something happens to the parents. I think the parent's religious views, as well as their philosophy regarding raising their children is all taken under consideration by the person accepting the title.

A certain mother to the woebegone masses is taking the high road when it comes toThanksgiving this year. "Angelina Jolie hates this holiday and wants no part in rewriting history like so many other Americans," a pal of Angelina's tells PopEater. "To celebrate what the white settlers did to the native Indians, the domination of one culture over another, just isn't her style. She definitely doesn't want to teach her multi-cultural family how to celebrate a story of murder." Pass the ... political correctness? (PopEater)

But she has no problem making money from said American Capitalism. And for what it is worth, I was taught that Thanksgiving is a celebration of the coming together of cultures, not the domination of one over the other. But hey what do I kow?

The only responsible thing for her to do is to renounce her American citizenship, and her childrens'.

Yeah ~ What Branchop said!

I agree that Thanksgiving has become more about celebrating the many cultures that have come together in our country. I also think most people focus on what they have to be thankful for in general more then the history behind it these days. I don't think that makes us ignorant - It's just that for those of us who weren't born rich, we've learned to be a little more appreciative then some.

I know my immigrant Irish & German ancestors were thankful as HELL to immigrate to the United States in the 19th century and raise their families here. And Thanksgiving is typically about family getting together and what we're thankful for. So screw Brangelina and her "multicultural" breed who will apparently grow up without fun traditions. Enjoy your winter in Budapest.....

I'd guess the part of Thanksgiving that she really hates is the eating.

LOL I was just going to say that. Great minds think alike :)

she's a friggin idiot.

:4biggrin: :4biggrin:

Did she get a new PR person when she was married to Billy Bob Thornton? That's about when she went from being the weird chick that collected blood or whatever and became the last hope for humanity.

Edited by TubaGirl