sanlee

Brad and Angelina

FLASHBACK: Brad and Angelina at the 2012 Golden Globes

The actor has not seen his children in several days, another source close to the family says, noting that "Angelina and Brad have not been in contact at all" since she filed for divorce.

"I am very saddened by this, but what matters most now is the well being of our kids I kindly ask the press to give them the space they deserve during this challenging time," Pitt said in a statement to PEOPLE following the divorce filing.

In a separate statement, an attorney for Jolie said, "This decision was made for the health of the family. She will not be commenting at this time, and asks that the family be given their privacy during this difficult time."

That's just funny. She may not be "commenting" but she is shoveling enough garbage through her mouthpieces to make Pitt look as bad as possible. Don't get me wrong; I have no respect for him, but he seems to want to keep it quiet and respectful.

• Like 3

Now TMZ is reporting that it's not LAPD that's involved but the FBI. I have never heard of the FBI taking on a child abuse case. The only explanation I can think of is that the supposed abuse happened on a plane and involved multiple jurisdictions or federal jurisdictions. I suppose that's possible. This is obviously a unique situation since a vast majority of the clients in the child welfare system can't afford to fly on a private jet. Or the reports are bogus.

FYI -- here is a web site that I googled. https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/violent-crime/cac

The FBI does not investigate child abuse cases per se. I think LAPD is a victim of Angelina's PR machine and they passed the buck as a way of getting TMZ and other news people off their back.

What I heard is that FBI investigating because the alleged event took place in the air (ie intra-state) and no one local agency would have jurisdiction?

I was on vacation last week - in Europe, very little internet. Catching up now!!!

ETA Oops, sorry to repeat info you great gossipers have already noted ;-)

Edited by Hoyaheel

Jolie exposes her ‘rebel-turned-saint’ myth by trashing Pitt

September 25, 2016

http://nypost.com/2016/09/25/jolie-exposes-her-rebel-turned-saint-myth-by-trashing-pitt/

Possibly the only thing more surprising than the news that Angelina Jolie filed for divorce from Brad Pitt was the unceasing, unremitting details.

As a brand, Brangelina spent more than a decade on lockdown: Their camp had no leaks. Tabloids knew nothing the couple didn’t want known. Their image as the chic-est, jet-setting-est, most racially harmonious family on Earth was impenetrable.

Until Tuesday, when Jolie’s filing demanding sole physical custody sent the media into overdrive: What had Pitt, heretofore known as a devoted father, possibly done?

Incredibly, almost on the hour, the story kept advancing: TMZ reported that Jolie had concerns “with the way Brad was parenting” and that she was “fed up” with his heavy use of weed and alcohol. He had an “anger problem.”

Next came accusations of Pitt cheating — with a co-star and with Russian hookers, their nationality an odd detail — of using hard drugs, and of verbally and physically attacking one of their children on a private plane.

Within 72 hours, the world knew more about Brangelina than in the 12 years they had been together. It was sordid and dirty, the photo negative of the perfect ­image they had so smugly, aggressively promoted.

The likeliest source of that narrative flip? Angelina Jolie, who at 41 has masterfully manipulated the media for over two decades.

Strategically, Jolie seems miles ahead of Pitt, but she may lose the long game. Video reportedly exists of the plane incident, and no physical altercation is said to have occurred. People have come to ­admire her, but they love him.

“The whole thing seems very impetuous,” says Jolie’s biographer, Andrew Morton. “Her mother would freeze out people for whatever reason, and now Angie has frozen out Brad — who was far more dignified and just issued a quiet statement.”

By so publicly disparaging the father of her children — some old enough to read what’s being said online — Jolie is endangering her own self-created myth, that of ­depraved Hollywood hellion-turned-St. Angelina, humanitarian nonpareil.

“It’s Bad Dad vs. St. Ange,” Morton says. “The ultimate losers are the children.”

And Jolie’s halo, which may be revoked.

It’s easy to forget how deeply weird Angelina Jolie was when she came on the scene in the mid-’90s. There’s an entire generation that knows her as an actress, yes, but more so as the selfless philanthropist, the devoted mother of six, one-half of the most glamorous couple in Hollywood.

Jolie has never used a publicist, and this has only added to the sense — true or not — that she’s authentic. But she is, at heart, an actress. Jolie and her estranged father, actor Jon Voight, share one key trait: Both, she’s said, are “drama queens.”

As a pre-millennial starlet, Jolie was unlike any of her peers. She was in stark opposition to the arch, cosmopolitan WASP-iness of Gwyneth Paltrow, who was then engaged to Pitt. She made Winona Ryder’s eccentric darkness seem purely adolescent. Drew Barrymore, with her trauma, her drug use and mid-20s marriage spree, could not compare.

Jolie carved her own niche, controlled her own narrative, and it was impossible to look away. She was the wildest of the wild. She divulged thoughts and experiences so outlandish, you had to wonder how much was true.

gettyimages-157130416.jpg?quality=90&str

Angelina Jolie and Jonny Lee Miller in 1998Photo: Getty Images

She spoke of self-harm, rampant drug use — heroin, she said, her favorite — her bisexuality, how much she loved knife-play and S&M, her history of insomnia and eating disorders, of committing herself to the psych ward at UCLA for 72 hours, of suicidal ideations and of once hiring a hit man to kill her before changing her mind. All this by age 22.

In 1996, she married British actor Jonny Lee Miller. She said she wed in a white shirt with Miller’s name scrawled in blood on the back.

They divorced in 2000, the same year Jolie began cavorting with her brother, James Haven, on red carpets, making out in front of photographers. When she won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar that year for “Girl, Interrupted,” she gushed over him in her acceptance speech.

“I’m so in love with my brother right now,” she said.

It was too weird, even by Hollywood standards. Haven quickly receded from Jolie’s public life, and within weeks, she wed her “Pushing Tin” co-star Billy Bob Thornton, who was then engaged to actress Laura Dern.

gettyimages-155204562.jpg?quality=90&str

Angelina Jolie and Billy Bob Thornton in 2000Photo: WireImage

“I left our home to work on a movie,” Dern told Talk magazine in 2000, “and while I was away, my boyfriend got married, and I’ve never heard from him again.”

Jolie and Thornton — then 24 and 44, respectively — embraced their role as Hollywood’s premier freak-show couple. They wore ­vials of each other’s blood around their necks and boasted of wild sex on fur-lined harnesses.

The marriage lasted four years, until the moment Jolie said was life-changing: her decision, while filming “Lara Croft: Tomb Raider” in Cambodia, to adopt a child.

“I knew once I committed to Maddox,” she said, “I would never be self-destructive again.”

Jolie divorced Thornton. “She used the same M.O. as with Brad — accused him of having affairs and being drunk,” says Morton, her biographer. “As soon as Maddox came along, Billy Bob had served his purpose.”

Thus Jolie began her pivot from savage, man-stealing sex bomb to valiant single mom of an indigent child. She began working with the United Nations as a goodwill ambassador. Her time in Cambodia, she said, “made me suddenly realize certain things about the world and how much I had to learn.”

She was a spoiled Hollywood brat who orchestrated her public awakening to the less fortunate and duly expressed shame. As an actress, things were less exciting. She trudged along in a series of unremarkable movies: “Original Sin,” “Life or Something Like It,” “Beyond Borders,” “Alexander.”

It wasn’t until 2004, when she replaced Nicole Kidman in a film called “Mr. & Mrs. Smith,” that Angelina Jolie’s star power ­became stratospheric.

This, of course, was the movie where Pitt and Jolie met and fell in love. At the time, Pitt was married to Jennifer Aniston, and they were considered Hollywood’s golden couple: he the wholesome, Midwestern matinee idol, content with a bong and a beer, she the A-list star of “Friends,” the breezy, sort-of-plain popular girl who had landed the high school quarterback.

usa-entertainment_.jpg?quality=90&strip=

Angelina Jolie and Brad PittPhoto: Reuters

Jolie, with or without Pitt’s knowledge, helped extricate him from that marriage expertly. In April 2005, amid rumors of their affair, Pitt flew to visit Jolie and her toddler son in Kenya. Paparazzi somehow knew to be there, and a now-iconic image of Jolie, Pitt and Maddox made the cover of US Weekly.

Aniston had said goodbye to Pitt hours earlier, with no knowledge of his plans. “The world was shocked, and I was shocked,” Aniston told Vanity Fair that year.

Rumors were rampant that Jolie was pregnant with Pitt’s baby — compounding the tabloid narrative that Pitt badly wanted to be a dad but, denied by his career-obsessed wife, had no choice but to leave.

“My worst fear,” Aniston’s friend Kristin Hahn told Vanity Fair, “is that Jen will have to face them having a baby together soon, because that would be beyond painful.”

In July of that year, Jolie adopted a baby girl from Ethiopia, an event she announced in People magazine. She began heavily publicizing her work as a UN ambassador. To paraphrase the old saying about Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire: Jolie gave Pitt gravitas, and Pitt gave her respectability.

In May 2007, the couple relocated to Namibia, where a heavily pregnant Jolie was again shot by paparazzi, with Pitt and her two children, on otherwise empty sand dunes — this, even though the couple had gotten the Namibian government to ban all journalists from entry so she could give birth there.

After their daughter Shiloh was born, Pitt and Jolie gave a press conference only to Namibian reporters. They sat on a dais with Namibia’s president, Sam Nujoma, formerly the country’s dictator, and began their spin off planet Earth.

In 2007, Jolie began forcing celebrity journalists to sign contracts before interviewing her. These forbade “any questions regarding her personal relationships,” even though her personal relationships were exactly what she was selling. In April of that year, People glowingly reported Jolie’s adoption of a 3-year-old boy from Vietnam.

gettyimages-180157315.jpg?quality=90&str

Actress Angelina Jolie takes her children Pax, Zahara, Shiloh, Vivienne and Knox to visit Sydney Aquarium in Darling Harbour in 2013.Photo: Getty Images

His mother was still living, and Jolie changed his name from Pham Quang Sang to Pax. He spoke no English, but no matter — the magazine deified Jolie, shooting her in profile, holding her new toddler as they gazed off at the horizon. In less than two years, Jolie and Pitt had a family of four.

“I know we seem crazy, just bringing them in one after the other,” Jolie told the New York Times in 2008, the year she gave birth to twins Knox and Vivienne.

“But we do plan,” she said. “We make sure one is absorbed completely into the family before we add ­another.”

Sanding down their scandalous origin story further, Jolie founded the Maddox Jolie Pitt Foundation in 2006. Though the couple have always said they donate all the money they make from selling family photos to magazines, tax filings raise questions.

In 2008, the year they sold pictures of the twins to People for $14 million, the foundation gave away a little over $6 million. The Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees got $100,000; the Council on Foreign Relations — which extended membership to Jolie the year before — got $110,000, and Pitt’s own nonprofit, Make It Right, got $1 million.

The year before, the MJP Foundation listed itself as a “consultant” to Make It Right, earning $204,867 in fees. It also listed nearly $4 million in assets invested with, among others, Goldman Sachs and Merrill Lynch. They donated just $1.4 million, with $333,000 going to the UNHCR, which finally, after nearly $1 million in total donations from MJP, named Jolie a special envoy in 2012.

In 2014, People paid $2 million for the Jolie-Pitt wedding photos. But the magazine doesn’t appear on MJP Foundation filings. However, Asprey, the jewelry company that has commissioned designs from the couple, does.

Reps for Pitt and ­Jolie did not return requests for comment.

As adroit as she has been, Jolie has seemed to lose touch with how she’s actually perceived. Her pretension has become boundless: bragging to a UK radio program that her six kids speak seven languages, including sign language.

“Vivienne really wanted to learn Arabic,” she said.

Vivienne is 8.

Jolie has been publicly on the verge of quitting acting since 2005, ready to sacrifice movie stardom for her kids — never a mention of the nannies — her charities, the world. In November, she begins a visiting professorship at the London School of Economics. She is reportedly seeking to move to England permanently to join the House of Lords, which requires UK citizenship, and remake herself yet again, this time as a politician.

gettyimages-542148586.jpg?quality=90&str

Secretary of State John Kerry listens as Jolie speaks about the Refugees Special Envoy in 2016.Photo: WireImage

“I’ve never loved being in front of the camera,” she said in 2014.

It’s a transition sparked, most likely, by her failed attempts to become a serious writer-director. Each successive film — 2011’s “In the Land of Blood and Honey,” 2014’s “Unbroken” and last year’s disasterpiece, “By the Sea,” in which she and Pitt played a couple on the verge of divorce — has bombed exponentially.

The Sony hack revealed true ­industry opinion of Jolie. “Minimally talented spoiled brat,” wrote super-producer Scott Rudin to then-Sony chief Amy Pascal. “She’s a camp event and a celebrity and that’s all.”

By seeking to elevate herself by denigrating Pitt, Jolie’s hypocrisy has begun to show. Whatever went down on that plane, it most likely can’t be worse than having her children witness their father’s public humiliation at their mother’s hands — the ultimate irony for a woman who prides herself on motherhood above all.

As she told the New York Times in 2008, she was already worried about what her children might read about their lives. “There’s a lot we’re going to have to explain to them,” she said, “about how public their family is.”

Additional reporting by Isabel Vincent

• Like 2

Aside from what damage is done to the children (sad but not something I can control), watching Jolie make a fool of herself could be a good time. I'd forgotten how much shit she was into in her early years. As an aside....how is it possible that we don't have a popcorn emoticon???

Edited by Hihomumio
  • Like 3

Inside Angelina Jolie's Plot to 'Destroy' Brad Pitt in Divorce, Custody Battle

September 28, 2016 @ 7:56 AM
US Magazine
In the 72 hours after Brad Pitt’s wife of two years, Angelina Jolie, blindsided him by filing for divorce September 19, newspapers and gossip blogs rushed to paint him as an angry, unfaithful villain. The person allegedly behind the reports: his wife. People in Jolie's inner circle “are running a smear campaign,” a source claims in the new issue of Us Weekly. The insider adds that the negative press reports are an attempt to discredit the 52-year-old War Machine star. Find out more in the video above, and read the details below.

The most disturbing story came from TMZ September 22: The site reported that the actor — who Jolie, 41, his partner of 12 years, praised as a “wonderful father” in 2013 — became “verbally abusive and physical with his children” in front of their mother aboard a private jet September 14.

angelina-jolie-brad-pitt-feff7819-3578-4

Actor Brad Pitt and actress Angelina Jolie arrive at the 15th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards held at the Shrine Auditorium on Jan. 25, 2009, in Los Angeles. Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic

But while Jolie’s friends insist Pitt indeed has a terrible temper, Us can confirm the Maleficent star long plotted to leave him — and gain physical custody of their six children, Maddox, 15, Pax, 12, Zahara, 11, Shiloh, 10, and 8-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne.

Jolie, deeply unhappy with Pitt after years of fighting, had been quietly laying the groundwork to leave her husband. The incident on the plane — a Pitt friend admits the actor lost his temper, but insists he was not abusive — may have been the last straw. It also, however, provided her with an opportunity to get the upper hand in a custody battle and keep the kids overseas. “Angie says she is going to destroy him,” claims one Jolie friend. “If something is broken, she just throws it away.”

angelina-jolie-brad-pitt-cover-329f580c-

In the past year, the humanitarian had been “ramping up her efforts in the political world,” says a Jolie confidant. The United Nations special envoy for refugees aspired to turn her back on Hollywood and develop a “full-time role” in the U.K., says the source.

Two politicos she met through her humanitarian work, Arminka Helic and Chloe Dalton, both former advisers to onetime U.K. Foreign Secretary William Hague, helped her. Helic aided Jolie in nabbing a 2017 professorship at the London School of Economics.

angelina-brad-pitt-kids-b16cb812-514f-4a

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie with children Pax, Zahara, Knox, Shiloh and Maddox (from left) attend the world premiere of Disney's 'Maleficent' the El Capitan Theatre on May 28, 2014, in Hollywood. Getty Images for Disney

Over the summer, the Oscar winner reportedly even rented a five-bedroom, $8.5 million home in Malibu. There, she could stay out of the spotlight after she cut the cord with Pitt.

She did just that September 19. Multiple sources confirm Jolie — who hired shrewd divorce lawyer Laura Wasser — barely gave her husband notice that she had decided to officially declare their differences “irreconcilable” and seek a divorce. “Angelina filed the papers a minute before the courts closed. He didn’t have a lawyer or anything,” says a Pitt source. “He has been crying constantly.”

Meanwhile, holed up in Malibu with the children, as well as Helic and Dalton, Jolie has blocked Pitt’s number from her phone. Pitt, who hasn't seen the children since Jolie filed for divorce, "is a shattered man," continues the source.

For more on Jolie and Pitt’s bitter split, pick up the new issue of Us Weekly, on stands now.

How much of this do you think is rippling jealousy of Amal Clooney's serious reputation. Like, she's been usurped as Hollywoods crusader for social justice.

• Like 1

Hmm, actual humanitarian lawyer, or former suicidal drug addict hollywood actress?? I know who I'd pick (but I have NEVER been Team Jolie, so....) And I still think her new boobs are too big & perky for her frame....

• Like 3

TMZ

Brad Pitt submitted to a drug and alcohol test early on during the investigation into allegations he abused his son ... but it was not something he was forced to do.

Sources close to investigators tell TMZ ... the test went down within a couple days of the alleged incident on the plane. We're told Pitt voluntarily provided a urine sample in an attempt to show he had nothing to hide, and to clear up any "exaggerations."

As we first reported ... both sides agree he drank heavily on the plane, but Angelina Jolie's people say it was after the alleged incident with Maddox -- Brad's camp says it was before.

Obviously, the test -- first reported "In Touch" -- wouldn't show when Pitt had been drinking, but we're told he wanted the test to blunt any claims he's abusing drugs or alcohol. DCFS did not require it for its investigation ... Pitt simply offered.

We're told the test results are not in yet.

Assuming DCFS is the one that collected the sample (and Brad didn't swap out for someone else's pee), this would be a decent dent in Angie's claims against him.

I call bullshit -- and, if not, than Jolie should also submit to drug testing.

Pitt may be a pothead, but Angelia has (and maybe) be flirting with much harder stuff.

Also -- what good does a drug test do now as it relates to an incident that occurred days ago?

Also here is food for thought -- I agree with the speculation that Jolie had to have set up the divorce and filing days before the incident. Retaining Wasser and drafting documents take time to draft and file. I have done Family Law and there is a shit load of paperwork that goes into those filings (as anybody who has gone through a divorce also knows.)

Team Brad (sorry Princess I never saw the allure of Aniston. a bit annoying. :) )

Just to throw something else out there there was a "news" gossip story that one of the reasons for the divorce -- Jolie wants to move to London she is supposed to be a professor at the Oxford School of Economics -- I kid you not -- the classes would be about women's issues. Brad wants to stay in LA.

I think Chelsea had it right. Batshit crazy.

Edited by tyler

Hmm, actual humanitarian lawyer, or former suicidal drug addict hollywood actress?? I know who I'd pick (but I have NEVER been Team Jolie, so....) And I still think her new boobs are too big & perky for her frame....

Yeah, she's way out of proportion and looks like she's gonna fall over onto her face. It's not an attractive look, can't imagine what she was thinking when she had them done.

Edited by Hihomumio
  • Like 1

The court of public opinion seems firmly on Brad's side. I'm not sure what Angie thinks she has to gain by taking this battle public.

• Like 3

Well, she hired a pr spin person today, the Olivia Pope woman, so she must know she's gone horribly off the tracks. Or at least someone in her camp knows.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/09/29/angelina-jolie-hires-scandal-fixer-judy-smith-brad-pitt-divorce/

Edited by dixiedoodah
  • Like 2

Interesting that "Judy and her firm have a long history of handling issues that have unfortunately garnered too much attention in the public eye," but if Saint Angie hadn't leaked all those nasty details about "the love of her life" she wouldn't have needed someone like Judy to begin with.

• Like 5

Love how they spin it that Angie will come out "looking like an angel". Sure she will :rolleyes: Lol, I think that ship has sailed and it ain't coming back anytime soon :poke: She's once again overestimated her appeal to the public.

• Like 1

"I am not destroying my career over a minimally talented, spoiled brat." But he wasn't done, describing "the insanity and rampaging spoiled ego of [Jolie]."

And there's still more. Rudin wrote, "She's a camp event and a celebrity and that's all and the last thing anybody needs is to make a giant bomb with her that any fool could see coming."

She's once again overestimated her appeal to the public.

Hollywood doesn't like her. "Minivan Majority" doesn't like her. She's screwed :-)

• Like 2

It's bullshit that she doesn't have to undergo drug testing too.

I wonder what "leaks" will emerge about her in the drug department. I'm surprised Brad hasn't done more on that front (yet).

I'd be surprised if Brad does anything on that front. Sometimes the best strategy is to sit back, stay silent, and let your sparring partner hang themselves with their own rope - kind of like what HRC is doing with Donald Trump.

• Like 2

I'm hoping that it just wasn't reported that she also has to undergo testing. If you were a partner in a divorce and your ex was accusing you of drug use and you KNEW she was using, wouldn't you insist the testing be mutual?

I'm hoping that it just wasn't reported that she also has to undergo testing. If you were a partner in a divorce and your ex was accusing you of drug use and you KNEW she was using, wouldn't you insist the testing be mutual?

Something tells me Brad hopes they can still work it out and get back together.

His attorneys may also be advising him to sit tight on this issue and save his energy for other battles such as division of property. Brad's already winning in the court of public opinion, so why get in to a pi$$ing war with Angie over drug use allegations when it's pretty much common knowledge that she's using anyways?

• Like 1

Temp custody agreement as of Friday - she has physical custody but it's "joint". He volunteered to undergo drug & alcohol testing but not required. They're both (all?) getting individual therapy. Therapist will attend some/all of the visitations....

http://www.eonline.com/news/798954/brad-pitt-and-angelina-jolie-agree-to-individual-therapy-in-temporary-agreement