sanlee

Brad and Angelina

Could it be set in rose gold? And I'm loathe to say it, but I rather like the ring too.

Rose gold almost looks like copper (which I believe they add to get the "rose" color.) I agree that platinum would have been the better choice. Enough about the ring...let's get started on snarking about the wedding plans! LOL Edited by KikiTopaz

1) I love the ring! I think it's gorgeous yellow gold and all....

2) She has got really bony veiny hands. That ring needs to be on a hand that shows it off, not detracts from it (I'll volunteer :D - the ring, not Brad)

3) Wedding will be precisely placed, no doubt, in order to promote them in the best light. I don't know many people that look upon these two favorably. I am shocked by the people who don't like her.

When the engagement was announced, my immediate thought was they will wait ten years + to marry. Keep the When They? or Will They? gossip going. I will say that I am shocked they are still together, but at this point it may be better for them to stay together for the kids (and the public). Unless it's the red carpet, you don't see them together much.

© Angelina Jolie / APAngelina Jolie reportedly lands daughter a role in 'Maleficent'

Aug. 22, 2012, 8:31 AM EST

WENN

Angelina Jolie is making her new movie "Maleficent" a family affair after landing a role for her daughter Vivienne, a source tells Britain's The Sun.

The Oscar winner plays Sleeping Beauty's arch-enemy in the new adaptation of the classic tale and persuaded producers to use the four-year-old in the film.

Vivienne, whose father is Jolie's fiancé, Brad Pitt, will reportedly play the on-screen daughter of Maleficent. The source says, "Ange thought it would be a fun experience for her and Viv to share, and Viv is a natural. The other kids are now nagging Ange and Brad to land them roles."

Edited by branchop

© Angelina Jolie / APAngelina Jolie reportedly lands daughter a role in 'Maleficent'

Aug. 22, 2012, 8:31 AM EST

WENN

Angelina Jolie is making her new movie "Maleficent" a family affair after landing a role for her daughter Vivienne, a source tells Britain's The Sun.

The Oscar winner plays Sleeping Beauty's arch-enemy in the new adaptation of the classic tale and persuaded producers to use the four-year-old in the film.

Vivienne, whose father is Jolie's fiancé, Brad Pitt, will reportedly play the on-screen daughter of Maleficent. The source says, "Ange thought it would be a fun experience for her and Viv to share, and Viv is a natural. The other kids are now nagging Ange and Brad to land them roles."

geez they're all "naturals".

Well i guess she is spending more time with the kids finally.

Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie's Kids "Jump On Tables, Throw Food" at Missouri Pizza Parlor!

Celebrity News November 14, 2012 AT 8:30AM By UsWeekly Staff

usmagazine.com

Brad Pitt knows where the wild things are -- at his hometown pizza parlor.

Every time the actor, 48, and his six children visit Springfield, Missouri, a source tells Us Weekly, the brood goes bananas at Arris' Pizza!

"The place shuts down for the entire night and the kids raise a ruckus," says the insider of Maddox, 11, Pax, 8, Zahara, 7, Shiloh, 6, and twins Vivienne and Knox, 4. "They jump on tables and even throw food at each other!"

Pitt and Angelina Jolie, 37, leave their nannies at home and "let the kids enjoy themselves," continues the source about the couple, who normally divide their time between properties in Los Angeles and their Miraval estate in France.

The twosome loosen up too -- on policing their pack.

Says the insider, "Brad and Angelina just sit there and talk to one another while the children run around in circles!"

Well, they must have pissed someone off to run this story. :monkey:

"let the kids enjoy themselves,"

If I ever "enjoyed myself" by running around and throwing food IN A RESTAURANT, someone's hand would have been on my backside! At the very least, I would have been IMMEDIATELY removed from the scene and sent to wait in the car or brought home.....

If I ever "enjoyed myself" by running around and throwing food IN A RESTAURANT, someone's hand would have been on my backside! At the very least, I would have been IMMEDIATELY removed from the scene and sent to wait in the car or brought home.....

And if Brad and/or Angelina had done that can you imagine the stories that would have hit the tabloids.

I am in no way condoning the behavior, but when I waitressed I saw a lot worse.

If the place was "shut down" then I don't see how it could have mattered if the kids ran rampant. They bought the place out probably so they could have privacy and the kids could do what they did.

Me, too, but I knew better. I don't think they know how to parent. They seem to think that it consists of occasionally visiting the kids and buying them tons of things and junk food. How many nannies do they have? If they are not allowed to teach the kids discipline, I feel sorry for them. I was a nanny when I was younger.

And if Brad and/or Angelina had done that can you imagine the stories that would have hit the tabloids.

I am in no way condoning the behavior, but when I waitressed I saw a lot worse.

I agree - they sort of can't win. But I also agree they don't know how to parent (and they are FAR from the only ones - like you allude, I see spoiled brats running rampant all over the time and speaking/acting out against their parents in ways I never would have attempted - because I KNEW better) I'm not talking about a 3 yr old having a tantrum because they need a nap - I'm talking older kids who should know better....

When I did licensed day-care, I always took the kids to different places. Sometimes the fire department, sometimes just the local Target. All six children were impeccably behaved. What was my secret? Before we left, I told each child their behavior was being watched on closed circuit monitors. If they acted up, the store manager (or person in charge) would take them to their office and they would be in trouble with the authority figure, not me. It made them responsible for themselves and if I ever had to correct anyone, all I had to do was look up towards the corner and say, "I see the camera." Worked like a charm.

(one time my own daughter was trying to take something off the shelf near a young clerk who was pricing merchandise. I said, "there's the manager." She immediately stopped what she was doing except the young kid started to say he wasn't the manager and I had to insist that he was! LOL)

My parents didn't spank me. But the threat of violence (or even worse, *disappointment*!!!) was always there, and damnit - I behaved. Most of the time..... ;-)

My parents didn't spank me. But the threat of violence (or even worse, *disappointment*!!!) was always there, and damnit - I behaved. Most of the time..... ;-)

Yeah, I think *disappointment* is the biggest deterant. Parents seem to have lost sight of that.

I'm 39 and I STILL worry about somehow disappointing my mother. Not so much that I'm a dysfunctional emotional wreck, but enough that I make sure to call and email my mother and schedule plans for coffee or lunch or whatever regularly.....

I'm 39 and I STILL worry about somehow disappointing my mother. Not so much that I'm a dysfunctional emotional wreck, but enough that I make sure to call and email my mother and schedule plans for coffee or lunch or whatever regularly.....

Some day you will be very glad you did that. I have happy memories of time with my mother in her last few years and I am glad that when she died I didn't have any regrets. Just a lot of missing her.

Brad seems to have "normal" parents whatever that means but Angie was abandoned by her father as a child and her mother was a bit of a victim. I would be surprised if she didn't have issues with relationships and parenting. She may think "I will never let my children feel unloved or not have something they want."

BREAKING: Angelina Jolie reveals she had a double mastectomy.

mamamia.com.au

Angelina Jolie has revealed she had a double masctectomy in a piece titled, My Medical Choice written exclusively for the New York Times.

The 37-year-old wrote that she has a “faulty” gene, BRCA1, which increases her risk of developing breast cancer and ovarian cancer which is the reason why opted for a preventative mastectomy and finished the three months of medical procedures on April 27.

“Once I knew that this was my reality, I decided to be proactive and to minimize the risk as much I could. I made a decision to have a preventive double mastectomy.

I started with the breasts, as my risk of breast cancer is higher than my risk of ovarian cancer, and the surgery is more complex,” Jolie wrote.

My Medical Choice

By ANGELINA JOLIE

Published: May 14, 2013 29 Comments

NY Times

MY MOTHER fought cancer for almost a decade and died at 56. She held out long enough to meet the first of her grandchildren and to hold them in her arms. But my other children will never have the chance to know her and experience how loving and gracious she was.

We often speak of “Mommy’s mommy,” and I find myself trying to explain the illness that took her away from us. They have asked if the same could happen to me. I have always told them not to worry, but the truth is I carry a “faulty” gene, BRCA1, which sharply increases my risk of developing breast cancer and ovarian cancer.

My doctors estimated that I had an 87 percent risk of breast cancer and a 50 percent risk of ovarian cancer, although the risk is different in the case of each woman.

Only a fraction of breast cancers result from an inherited gene mutation. Those with a defect in BRCA1 have a 65 percent risk of getting it, on average.

Once I knew that this was my reality, I decided to be proactive and to minimize the risk as much I could. I made a decision to have a preventive double mastectomy. I started with the breasts, as my risk of breast cancer is higher than my risk of ovarian cancer, and the surgery is more complex.

On April 27, I finished the three months of medical procedures that the mastectomies involved. During that time I have been able to keep this private and to carry on with my work.

But I am writing about it now because I hope that other women can benefit from my experience. Cancer is still a word that strikes fear into people’s hearts, producing a deep sense of powerlessness. But today it is possible to find out through a blood test whether you are highly susceptible to breast and ovarian cancer, and then take action.

My own process began on Feb. 2 with a procedure known as a “nipple delay,” which rules out disease in the breast ducts behind the nipple and draws extra blood flow to the area. This causes some pain and a lot of bruising, but it increases the chance of saving the nipple.

Two weeks later I had the major surgery, where the breast tissue is removed and temporary fillers are put in place. The operation can take eight hours. You wake up with drain tubes and expanders in your breasts. It does feel like a scene out of a science-fiction film. But days after surgery you can be back to a normal life.

Nine weeks later, the final surgery is completed with the reconstruction of the breasts with an implant. There have been many advances in this procedure in the last few years, and the results can be beautiful.

I wanted to write this to tell other women that the decision to have a mastectomy was not easy. But it is one I am very happy that I made. My chances of developing breast cancer have dropped from 87 percent to under 5 percent. I can tell my children that they don’t need to fear they will lose me to breast cancer.

It is reassuring that they see nothing that makes them uncomfortable. They can see my small scars and that’s it. Everything else is just Mommy, the same as she always was. And they know that I love them and will do anything to be with them as long as I can. On a personal note, I do not feel any less of a woman. I feel empowered that I made a strong choice that in no way diminishes my femininity.

I am fortunate to have a partner, Brad Pitt, who is so loving and supportive. So to anyone who has a wife or girlfriend going through this, know that you are a very important part of the transition. Brad was at the Pink Lotus Breast Center, where I was treated, for every minute of the surgeries. We managed to find moments to laugh together. We knew this was the right thing to do for our family and that it would bring us closer. And it has.

For any woman reading this, I hope it helps you to know you have options. I want to encourage every woman, especially if you have a family history of breast or ovarian cancer, to seek out the information and medical experts who can help you through this aspect of your life, and to make your own informed choices.

I acknowledge that there are many wonderful holistic doctors working on alternatives to surgery. My own regimen will be posted in due course on the Web site of the Pink Lotus Breast Center. I hope that this will be helpful to other women.

Breast cancer alone kills some 458,000 people each year, according to the World Health Organization, mainly in low- and middle-income countries. It has got to be a priority to ensure that more women can access gene testing and lifesaving preventive treatment, whatever their means and background, wherever they live. The cost of testing for BRCA1 and BRCA2, at more than $3,000 in the United States, remains an obstacle for many women.

I choose not to keep my story private because there are many women who do not know that they might be living under the shadow of cancer. It is my hope that they, too, will be able to get gene tested, and that if they have a high risk they, too, will know that they have strong options.

Life comes with many challenges. The ones that should not scare us are the ones we can take on and take control of.

Angelina Jolie is an actress and director.

I'll say it as I enter the hand basket to hell:

So she wanted a boob job, but felt it had to have purpose :rolleyes:

I had the tv on this morning while I was packing, thought I heard this, and just remembered it. Bless her heart, I am suspicious of everything she does. Still, I'm glad she came through the surgery and has reduced her chances of cancer. I just sometimes feel she does things to hang on to Brad.

We can hold hands together. I am little suspicous of the story -- I have a hard time believing that she would be going through treatment and entering a hospital and not have the paparrazzi notice.

I also wonder about the election of such radical surgery. If this is true I will respect her right to choose. But it seems that in this case the cure may be worse than the disease. I mean if you test positive for the gene, that would be a reason to be extra viligent in order to catch it early and then deal with your treatment options.

Having said that, Angelina is not the first that I have heard that elected to undergo the surgery prior to the diagnosis.

As for the boob job, plastic surgery being what it is today, she could probably walk around topless and people might not notice. (I wonder if they save the nips in anticipation of the reconstructive surgery.)

I was watching SBT and Fran Drescher brought up a very good point: the fact that Angelina (or anyone else for that matter) elects to have this surgery in order to prevent one type of surgery does not mean that she is not subject to developing other kinds of cancer and that most cancers are environment in origin - not genetic.

*blows back the flames of hell and holds hand with Branchop*

We can hold hands together.

*blows back the flames of hell and holds hand with Branchop*

Count me in too. :GroupHug:

I think the thing is that the prognosis is far better if one elects to have the prophylactic surgeries instead of waiting and monitoring one's body closely to catch the cancer early. My understanding is that the particular kind of breast cancer manifesting in people with this gene is largely resistant to treatment, so once it appears in your body, no matter how early it is caught, your prognosis is not so good. Given that she was told she had, what, an 85% chance of developing this kind of cancer, the decision to have the mastectomy, while a difficult one, clearly is the right one.

And frankly I think there are easier ways to explain away breast implants, not that she needed them; I am not doubting this story.

the decision to have the mastectomy, while a difficult one, clearly is the right one.

For her --

I can't say that would make the same decision. Not every diagnosis of breast cancer results in cancer of both breasts such that a radical double mastectomy is necessary.

As I said above, I respect her decision to make her choice, for myself, I would rather wait for the diagnosis and then discuss treatment options before undertaking such a radical preventive measure. I also think that as far as resistant treatment, that researchers are breaking ground everyday, you never know what places like the Mayo Clinic, CIty of Hope, etc. will come up with as far as treatment recommendations.

I understand that having the gene may give you an 85% chance of developming the cancer, but there is no way of telling when you may develop the cancer, and time, could be on hers or anyone's side when it comes the time between when you may develop the cancer and developments in treatment -- and let's face it, someone in Jolie's position can afford the cutting edge when it comes to such developments -- if not here, certainly in Europe where they don't have the FDA limitations.

On a lighter note, I also see it kind as someone who stops flying because they are afraid of the plane crashing only to get hit by a bus.

*still blowing on them flames of hell*

Edited by tyler

I can't even understand this discussion. Boobs aren't important. Life is. And reconstructive surgery has been advanced so greatly...

The treatment options aren't that great when you have that gene. And who knows if treatments will improve? Most women would not take that gamble.

I'm no fan of Angelina Jolie, but she obviously made the correct decision, after doctor's recommendations, for herself and her family.