princess

Jennifer Lopez

:vomit2:

Jennifer Lopez: Marriage Isn't Always Easy

By Catherine Donaldson-Evans

Wednesday January 06, 2010 04:10 PM EST

people.com

Before marrying Marc Anthony, this Jenny was around the block twice with marriage, and by now Jennifer Lopez thinks she knows what it takes to make it last.

"What people don't talk about, which is interesting to me, is how you have to put as much work into your relationships as you do into anything else," Lopez Latina magazine's February issue. "We put so much into our careers … but there's also a lot of work that goes into making a successful partnership and marriage. It's not easy."

The 40-year-old Lopez tried and failed at marriage twice before, first with Ojani Noa and then with Cris Judd. She also was engaged to actor Ben Affleck, but the couple called off their wedding.

"Anybody who's successful at it deserves a pat on the back," Lopez says. "You've got to grow with each other; you've gotta bend over backwards for each other."

The Bronx, N.Y., native says sticking it out with Anthony, 41, has been the right move. They've been married since 2004 and have twins who turn 2 next month.

"That's how I know that this relationship is worth it, because a lot of people walk away too easily," says J-Lo. "But to take that step and actually get married – and I've done it three times, and two times were, you know, not good for me or for them – I'm gonna take it seriously."

And of all the husbands, she sticks with rat boy?? The obsessed fan that actually got to marry her?!?!

Posted Image

Jennifer Lopez: I would never do in vitro because I’m “traditional” :rolleyes:

It seems like we’ve been doing a lot of Jennifer Lopez stories lately, hasn’t it? I think that’s because Jennifer is trying to relive her glory days as a triple threat (actress, singer and… horrible bodysuit wearer?) by releasing an album and a film within a few months. First, there is Jennifer’s single “Louboutins”. Then there is her film The Back-Up Plan, which is coming out in April. I guess Jennifer is trying out the Megan Fox school of film promotion (promoting her projects months and months in advance), because Jennifer is the cover girl for Elle Magazine (America) for February. The interview has a lot of stuff about The Back-Up Plan, so Jennifer must think she‘s got another Oscar-worthy role on her hands! By the way, what do you think of the cover shot? Totally ‘80s, right? It’s like trashy, vapid and over-the-top are the only tricks in her bag. I do like one of the photos, though (below).

On why she never considered in vitro fertilization, like her character in The Back-Up Plan:“When it comes to family and relationships, I’m quite traditional. Just because of the way I was raised. And I also believe in God and I have a lot of faith in that, so I just felt like you don’t mess with things like that. And I guess deep down I really felt like either this is not going to happen for me or it is. You know what I mean? And if it is, it will. And if it’s not, it’s not going to.”

On the merit of her romantic comedies:

“I think Maid in Manhattan and Monster-in-Law are very layered movies. And that’s why they’re so successful. People don’t like shitty romantic comedies. Nothing that’s shitty is going to make $100 million.”

On hosting a dinner for Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor:“She didn’t realize what she was going to symbolize. And it’s always scary to be thrown into it–that’s what I felt like when I did Selena. You’re thrown out there, and all of a sudden you’re not anonymous. You are now known. And that’s a lot to handle. It’s scary at first. Then you get used to it. And so she was in that moment of her life where it’s just like, What the hell? Everybody’s clapping for me. People are writing about me, talking about me, I’m on TV. She was just a judge in New York.”

On competing with twenty-something pop idols as a 40-year-old mom: “This is what I do—what, because I have kids and a husband now I’m not supposed to be

me? I’m a more heightened me if anything. Hyper J.Lo. Everything I wanted before, I want twice as much now. And that doesn’t mean material things; it means to explore more, to think more. Being an artist doesn’t start because you’re 21, and it doesn’t end because you’re 51. You are who you are until the day you die.”

On betrayal: “This is something I haven’t been through once in my life. This is something I’ve been through a few times in my life. Where you really have your eggs in one basket and that breach happens and you know you should go but you’re still in love and you just don’t know what to do. It hits you because it’s not like you’re a cheater, and a liar, and I hate you, and you’re no good, and I’m leaving. It’s not that. It’s like, I’m tormented. Even though you’ve done this and I know it, I still don’t know what to do. I know I should go, but I don’t want to. And that’s why it’s such a f-cked-up thing.”

[From Elle Magazine]

One of my biggest peeves in the world is people who are only selectively “traditional” or “religious”. Here’s Jennifer Lopez, who is on her third marriage telling us that she’s too “traditional” to do in vitro. I guess she didn’t care about tradition when she was filing for divorce two times. Now, I’m not judging her for having crappy taste in men - I’m judging her hypocrisy for playing the “traditional” card while her lifestyle and history is anything but. Anyway… who do you think “betrayed” her? My guesses are Puff Daddy and Ben Affleck.

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Jennifer Lopez: I would never do in vitro because I’m “traditional”

And of all the husbands, she sticks with rat boy?? The obsessed fan that actually got to marry her?!?!

For once, she married a guy with more money than her - makes sense to stick with that one, no? ;)

For once, she married a guy with more money than her - makes sense to stick with that one, no? ;)

Good point, I see the logic now :D

Jennifer Lopez: "Skinny Girls Miss Out"

Jennifer Lopez has insisted that she loves her curves.

The actress, who wore a skin-tight catsuit to perform on New Year's Eve, has said that she is "proud" of her backside and always confidently flaunts her asset.

The 40-year-old told the New York Post: "It's true I could serve coffee using my rear as a ledge, but I'm proud of my butt.

"A dress shouldn't look like a coat hanger. Skinny girls miss out."

Lopez and husband Marc Anthony welcomed twins Max and Emme in February 2008.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Jennifer Lopez 'Couldn't Be Single Mum'

Jennifer Lopez has revealed that she would find it too difficult to be a single mom.

The actress, who gave birth to twins in 2008, is currently starring in The Back-Up Plan, about a woman who gets artificially inseminated.

"I know a couple of people, both people I work with and friends, who have done this," Lopez told USA Today. "I just don't know if I could do this, honestly. Now I know how much I rely on my partner [Marc Anthony]."

However, Lopez added that she admires women who decide to have children on their own.

"Knowing what single mums go through, I think it takes such an amazing person to do that," she said. "You get to a point in your life and you think about it, and I think it's a beautiful thing to be able to find the strength to do that on your own.

"That child will enrich your life. It's a beautiful thing to think that option is there."

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Jennifer Lopez

In a Giorgio Armani Prive iridescent icy pale pink silk organza evening gown and Ferragamo satin pumps with a double platform. Lopez accessorized her look with Cartier jewels.

Posted Image

way bad angle!

Yeah, it was a beautiful dress, but you can't tell at that angle.

I actually started laughing when I saw it, I thought it was horrible.

Jennifer Lopez: ‘I Fit in Exercise Around my Children’

JENNIFER Lopez tries to fit her exercise regime around family life.

The singer/actress — who raises twins Max and Emme with hubby Marc Anthony — says she is trying her best to stay in shape, but insists motherhood comes first.

“I didn’t work out for the first couple of months after Max and Emme were born,” she said.

“I was just concentrating on being a mom.

“Now I fit any exercise around my children. If I have time between feeds and the daily routine, then I will do it, but my babies come first.”

Source showbizspy.com

Jennifer Lopez Confirms New Record Deal

Jennifer Lopez has announced that she has signed a new record deal.

The singer and actress, who recently parted ways with her longtime label Epic, confirmed rumors of a new deal while being interviewed for her upcoming film The Back-Up Plan.

According to Ace Showbiz, Lopez has signed a contract with Island Def Jam, whose artists include Rihanna, Kayne West and Justin Bieber.

Although details of the finalised deal are still unclear, it is thought that the label's boss L.A. Reid will produce her forthcoming album, which is slated for release this summer.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Jennifer Lopez shocked by 'motherhood guilt'

Jennifer Lopez was surprised to be overwhelmed by "guilt" when she first left her twin babies to return to work because she was never warned about the downside of becoming a mother.

The singer/actress gave birth to son Max and daughter Emme, her first children with husband Marc Anthony, in February 2008. She only returned to Hollywood last year to film "The Back-Up Plan."

But Lopez didn't expect to feel so bad about leaving her kids with their father and nanny when she decided to re-launch her career, admitting "nobody ever tells you"

She tells Redbook magazine, "I never expected to feel the guilt of not being able to be there for them at every single moment.

"You feel guilty whenever you can't have your kids right there with you on your hip. And for me there's two, so it's bad back and bad arm time having a 50-pound kid on each side."

And Lopez believes it's an unspoken understanding between new moms.

She adds, "(Maybe) women are a little ashamed to admit it."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/dailyd...8#ixzz0koWmdH1n

The Jennifer Syndrome

Two stars, one first name. How Aniston and Lopez lost the fame game.

By Ramin Setoodeh | NEWSWEEK

Published Apr 9, 2010

Pop quiz: Bennifer. Raise your hand if you still remember what that means. Before there was Brangelina or TomKat, there was Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck, the first superstar couple of the Internet age. Starting in the summer of 2002 and continuing for an endless 18 months, you couldn't go anywhere without seeing pictures of the doting pair: the magazine covers, the 6.1-carat Harry Winston engagement ring, the cheesy Dateline interview, the canceled wedding, and finally the breakup. Both Ben and Jen blamed the media for their demise, but it turns out it wasn't just a soulmate they were mourning. It's no coincidence that neither of them has been able to open a movie since then. We'd seen too much of them, and for free. Why would anybody pay to watch them fall in love, or anything else?

The Back-up Plan is the name of Lopez's first film in four years, and the title also feels like a commentary on her career. She was on track to be in a different league—she even had her own superstar nickname, J. Lo—before the paparazzi dimmed her star wattage. The same thing happened to another Jennifer in theaters right now, America's favorite Friend: Jennifer Aniston. Collectively, these two Jennifers became a cautionary tale—how overexposure in the press can harm your career. It wasn't really their fault. At the time, Hollywood stardom started to be diluted by the march of reality-TV stars, who are only too happy to pick fights in New Jersey bars or trot out their eight kids and their doomed marriage if it means getting on the cover of Us Weekly. At the same time, the old-fashioned celebrities took far greater control of their images. They started to tweet and make their own homemade YouTube videos, sharing the mundane details of their private lives and thus diminishing the paparazzi's influence. In large part, Lopez and Aniston were casualties of a sort of Hollywood perestroika: the democratization of fame.

Some people like to pick on the Jennifers for making bad career choices (one word: Gigli), but that really misses the point. Just as grades don't matter when it comesto electing a high-school homecoming queen, the public never turns on America's sweetheart for producing junk. Just count up all the terrible movies from Julia Roberts, Drew Barrymore, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Sandra Bullock—who, as Gawker pointed out last year, has some of the worst-reviewed films of the decade (and we still have her back against Jesse James). The issue for both Aniston and Lopez isn't the movies they've made; it's that we're sick of them.

OK, so the bad movies aren't exactly helping either. Angelina Jolie has escaped the Jennifer Syndrome because she's smart enough to pick some projects, such as A Mighty Heart, that make her stretch and require us to see her as someone else. Aniston especially seems stuck not only in romantic comedies but in romances that keep reminding us how single and lonely she is—Love Happens, He’s Just Not That Into You, and now The Bounty Hunter. (Even worse, she keeps dating, and breaking up with, her costars—and John Mayer.) The funny thing is, both Aniston and Lopez are talented actors. Onscreen, they can both be likable, sexy, and funny, and can radiate heat with the right costar (and sometimes even with the wrong one). Watch Lopez in Selenaand Out of Sight, or Aniston in The Good Girl. They're delightful. The problem is, that was then.

Jennifer Lopez Isn't A Diva

Jennifer Lopez is not a diva. The 40-year-old singer-and-actress claims she is not the difficult star many assume she is and admits she gets upset by the accusations.

She said: "I never like stories where people say I misbehave or act like a diva, because I don't. Or that I make terrible demands, because those are always fabricated stories, and always have been.

"But they've become such a strong part of my image that I have no control over it. They're not true, though, and that's always bothered me."

Despite her frustrations, the 'Jenny from the Block' hitmaker tries to ignore the more outlandish claims because she knows she is a good person.

She told the New York Daily News newspaper: "You have to keep a sense of humour. There's something that people want about that diva idea, and I don't understand it and it bothers me because it's not the type of person I am, but what can I do?

"What's always served me throughout my career is that when people get to know me, or talk to me, and they actually get a chance to see what I'm like, it combats the negative stuff - when they get a chance to see who I am as a person and what I'm about, and that I laugh and giggle and that I'm normal. The truth always comes out at the end of the day."

Jennifer - who has two-year-old twins Max and Emme with husband Marc Anthony - also revealed her recent break from acting reinvigorated her career.

She said: "I feel like it's a new beginning. It's a bit like when I was a teenager about to embark on this career but it's much more challenging, difficult and harder.

"I have so much more experience now but I feel just as fresh as I did back then and I'm excited about my life."

Source femalefirst

Posted Image

Which Celeb Is Flashing the Family Jewels?

Today 1:30 PM PDT by Cristina Gibson

Eonline.com

Sometimes it's tough to be a celebrity. Like when you can't decide which of your pricey baubles to wear!

That's the problem this star was faced with today. So she took to her Twitter to brag ask her loyal followers what to do.

"Hmmm... what should I wear today?" she posted, along with this pic of her jewels.

Think you know who the lucky gal is? Find out after the jump...

*jump*

Posted Image

It's Jennifer Lopez! Would we expect anything less from this diva?

While it seems a tad self-indulgent to post pics of her glittery goods, maybe Jenny's feeling a little down after reportedly dropping out the running to become part of the new lineup of American Idol judges.

Still, how sad can you be when you're dripping in diamonds?

J.Lo's search for a round-the-clock assistant

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 at 11:44 AM ET

lifeandstylemag

Life & Style's Scene Queens have exclusively learned that superstar Jennifer Lopez is on the hunt for a personal assistant and not just anyone will meet the specific requirements for this A-list position. So what does it take? "The person has to be graceful under pressure, have a thick skin, and be resourceful in foreign countries, among others things," an insider tells the Scene Queens. "You'll be expected to travel at a moment's notice and must know how to adjust in each city."

As expected, working for a celebrity like J. Lo isn't a 9-5 job. "The job is 6 days a week, at least 12 hour days with one day off, but you may not get off for weeks," says the insider. "You'll be on call 24/7 and you've got to be organized and always on point."

And while hanging out with A-Listers may be glamorous - the insider notes the candidate must be comfortable around "very high profile people" - there are more mundane duties as well. "You have to change diapers, work on little sleep and cook if the butler is away," the insider continues. But don't worry, there will be some glamorous moments too; our source says qualified candidates get to help J. Lo dress for red carpet events and photo shoots. The salary for this gig? $55,000 to $65,000. Tickets to the Oscars may or may not be included!

The job is 6 days a week, at least 12 hour days with one day off, but you may not get off for weeks," says the insider. "You'll be on call 24/7 and you've got to be organized and always on point."

"You have to change diapers, work on little sleep and cook if the butler is away," The salary for this gig? $55,000 to $65,000. Tickets to the Oscars may or may not be included!

:rolleyes:

J. Lo's a Country Club Diva

INTouch

Are Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony turning into boring suburbanites? The superstar duo recently moved into a huge new house in Hidden Hills, Calif., and according to a friend, the couple also interviewed to become members at the local Sherwood Country Club - and a witness wondered what ever happened to "Jenny from the Block." "J. Lo showed up looking like Jackie O," says the witness, "and Marc was wearing some ridiculous preppy style outfit - it was like they looked up what people wear to country clubs and then tried to imitate it." And it seems the real country club wannabe is Jennifer! "She did all the talking - Marc barely said anything," continues the witness. "It seemed clear that he didn't want to mess up, like it was really important to her." J. Lo is so at home on her new block, she's also planning to run for the local homeowners' association board. "Jennifer already wants to make some improvements to the neighborhood, so she's getting involved in the association," a friend explains. "She's attending meetings and wants to run for office during the next election."

I have no where near the amount of money those two have, but count myself lucky because this gal just reeks of desperation to be noticed. Perhaps some therapy is in order. She can afford it.

Jennifer Lopez Seals American Idol Deal – For $12 Million

September 14, 2010

people.com

Kara DioGuardi out — Jennifer Lopez back in.

A month after the singer-actress’s initial deal with American Idol fell apart — thanks, in part, to demands that had gotten “out of hand,” according to a source — Lopez will after all be joining the judging panel for the show’s upcoming 10th season, sources tell PEOPLE.

Lopez’s $12 million contract, which was first reported by Deadline.com, comes two weeks after DioGuardi confirmed she was leaving the show, following in the footsteps of both Simon Cowell and new judge Ellen DeGeneres.

According to the report, Lopez was hoping for movie and TV development deals to accompany and even larger Idol salary as well as input about her new co-judges, but Fox made no commitments and she settled for a cool $12.

“She’s very excited,” a source close to Lopez says of the final deal.

Fox has no comment and a rep for Lopez did not return calls for comment.

No official word on who may be Lopez’s fellow judges but Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler said he will “probably” be a judge. Shania Twain, Harry Connick Jr., Elton John and Chris Isaak had also been rumored as possibilities. –Eunice Oh

On Friday afternoon, pop sensation Jennifer Lopez and crooner husband Marc Anthony announced their split after seven years of marriage. The couple released a joint statement to People magazine saying simply, "We have decided to end our marriage. This was a very difficult decision. We have come to an amicable conclusion on all matters. It is a painful time for all involved and we appreciate the respect of our privacy at this time."

This will be Lopez's fourth, and Anthony's second, divorce. The couple share three-year-old twins, Max and Emme, born in 2008.

Huffington Post