princess

Jennifer Lopez

Oh yeah, I totally get that. He's slimy. Like, oozy "Lothario" sort of thing. But they seem to like the same amount of PR, they do seem to love spending time as a family and superficially at least it looks like they've been able to blend the families pretty well. And he's never seemed pissy about supporting her when she's promoting something, unlike, say, Ben Affleck who didn't like when the attention shifted....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hoyaheel said:

Oh yeah, I totally get that. He's slimy. Like, oozy "Lothario" sort of thing. But they seem to like the same amount of PR, they do seem to love spending time as a family and superficially at least it looks like they've been able to blend the families pretty well. And he's never seemed pissy about supporting her when she's promoting something, unlike, say, Ben Affleck who didn't like when the attention shifted....

you do make good points, Hoya!  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jose Conseco tweeted out his number and invited JLo  to call him to get the dirt on ARod.

(What kind of world are we living in when people follow people that go by the name JLo and ARod :huh:)

• Haha 1

https://www.laineygossip.com/jose-canseco-injects-himself-into-jennifer-lopez-and-alex-rodriguezs-engagement/52171

Notice that he made sure her nails were perfect. That is a fresh ass manicure. Because, naturally, ARod would make sure of that. Ben Affleck f-cking wouldn’t. But these two have been a Partnership from the very beginning. These are the ways they are completely matched…until they aren’t. 

Will she actually just get hitched, or just milk the engagement for years?  If she does actually get married, what number would that be for her?  4?

I want to know how they're going to untangle their business dealings! Lainey is obsessed with that too, so maybe she'll write about it. As for the ring, I imagine it depends on who bought it or if it was gifted or.....I wouldn't want to keep or wear a ring from a busted engagement. That's bad juju there - get rid of it!

I was prompted to Google this and in U.K. law, it’s considered a gift so can be kept by the recipient, unless there is evidence that it was agreed it would be returned on failure to marry. 

ive had stones from family engagement rings passed down reset into something more my style so I could do that. 😂

• Like 1

My mom and my biological dad divorced when I was 5. For my 16th birthday, mom gave me garnet earrings her grandmother had given her, along with a necklace she had made for me - a pendant with garnets, and the diamond from her engagement ring to my bio dad. Love that (though it's yellow gold so I almost never wear the set). I also have her wedding ring at this point, but that might be from my stepdad (divorce when I was 18 😉)  I'd give a ring back.

What I meant by "gifted" is if neither actually bought the ring but it was sponsored/gifted by a jeweler - in that case, I'd imagine they might be required to give it back. If I were the jeweler, for sure I'd want that arrangement in the contract!

Edited by Hoyaheel
  • Like 1

My mercenary love of sparkle aside, I think I’d give the ring back if I was ending it, or it was mutual and amicable. One of my friends still has her engagement ring from a mutual split in her early 20s, her ex insisted she keep it, and has said she has no idea what you do with it. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Wordsworth said:

I was prompted to Google this and in U.K. law, it’s considered a gift so can be kept by the recipient, unless there is evidence that it was agreed it would be returned on failure to marry. 

ive had stones from family engagement rings passed down reset into something more my style so I could do that. 😂

Interesting. I always thought the engagement ring was part of a contractual agreement. The ring is given in exchange for marriage. If the marriage doesn’t happen then the person who bought the ring keeps it. However, if the marriage does happen and the couple later gets divorced then the ring stays with the receiver. At least that’s how I think it should be. 

Edited by witchkitten

14 hours ago, witchkitten said:

Interesting. I always thought the engagement ring was part of a contractual agreement. The ring is given in exchange for marriage. If the marriage doesn’t happen then the person who bought the ring keeps it. However, if the marriage does happen and the couple later gets divorced then the ring stays with the receiver. At least that’s how I think it should be. 

That’s what Google suggested the US position is, interesting that the takes are different. 

Personally I've known a lot of women who get engaged (ring paid for by the man), but then is expected to pass up on the promotions and other job opportunities that would take away from her time forming her new family, getting ready for babies to come, etc.  That's if the guy doesn't flat out tell her to quit her job because "I'll take care of you, you take care of our new family". 

If the man then ends the engagement, I feel she should be able to keep the ring so she can sell the damn thing and make up for some of the lost income she passed up by putting her soon-to-be-marriage-and-family first.

ETA:  I have no idea if men get the same pressure, but I haven't heard that complaint from the people I know.

nicole-kidman-clapping-1.png

Not Clapping Her Hands In Delight

July 7, 2021

[Blind Gossip] This celebrity couple is back together… and the public is drinking up all the new photo ops they are providing!

They look blissfully happy, right?

Well, they are both actors who have a long history of celebrity dating, so they know how to look happy and loved-up for the paparazzi.

That doesn’t mean that the relationship is fake. It’s real enough.

However, we hear that there was a little hiccup recently.

She tested positive for [an STD]. She was FURIOUS. It’s not clear who gave it to who. She doesn’t know if [Actor] gave it to her or if she picked it up from her ex, but she tested positive and is now getting treated.

We doubt she was clapping her hands in delight over this news.

Her ex was a player – as is her current beau – so we’re sure there are a lot of questions being asked.

In the meantime, our couple will continue to smile for the cameras.

Not Nicole Kidman. We just enjoy watching her Oscar seal clap!
nicole-kidman-clapping.gif
Similar: The Five Year Mark

Couple:

Clues:

[Optional] How will this relationship turn out?

15 hours ago, princess said:

I'm guessing we will have our first official Jen & Ben event at the Met Gala on September 13th.

That's what Lainey guessed yesterday too.....

Blind Item #5

Entertainment Lawyer

Apparently when a honeymoon destination was determined by the A list everything in her mind celebrity, her actor/director husband mentioned they were already in Europe so why on earth would they leave there, fly all the way back home just to turn around and come back. He was told, Italy is different than Paris and that Paris was work. What work he asked? Going to fashion shows is work for me was the answer. Good luck to the happy couple.

On 7/18/2022 at 2:54 PM, Hoyaheel said:

Jlo & Affleck got married in Vegas over the weekend. Probably for the  best- just do it, lowkey (for them 😉

We were so naïve.

• Haha 2