Maxiemom

Lindsay Lohan still broke and a mess

They make it sound like no money changed hands.....

Eonline.com

Atta girl.

Lindsay Lohan has dropped her $100 million lawsuit against E-Trade, in which she claimed that, in one of the site's commercials featuring its grownup-sounding spokesbaby, the company ripped off her name and image by referencing a "milkaholic" tot named Lindsay.

"E*TRADE has always maintained that the claims were without merit, which is why we moved to dismiss the case," the company said in a statement. "We always have to consider the cost and time involved in litigation. With the case now withdrawn, we are pleased to have the matter behind us."

According to the stipulation filed today, Lohan's complaint has been withdrawn with prejudice, meaning she can't refile, and "without costs or fees to any Party."

Meanwhile, a milk habit is probably looking pretty good to Lohan right about now.

Hard to say. Not sure why she would drop it otherwise.

EXCLUSIVE: Lindsay May Be Jailed For Up To 30 Days While Waiting For New Hearing

Posted on Sep 21, 2010 @ 01:38PM

Radar Online

Lindsay Lohan's jail stay may be much longer than is expected, RadarOnline.com has learned exclusively.

Her probation will be formally revoked on Friday, RadarOnline.com has learned but once that happens she may have to go behind bars and wait for a probation violation hearing to be held, a source close to the situation told us.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Elden Fox will formally revoke LiLo's probation, and then schedule the probation violation hearing. A source close to the situation told RadarOnline.com: "Lindsay could be remanded directly into custody on Friday, pending the probation violation hearing, and it's very likely that Judge Fox will do that.

"Lindsay was allowed to remain out on bail last time until her probation violation hearing, but Judge Fox probably won't give her that privilege because of her failed drug test, and this is her second probation violation hearing in less than three months.

"By remanding her directly to custody, Lindsay would stay behind bars until the probation violation hearing, she wouldn't allowed to get out early. The probation violation hearing could be set for the following week, or as much as 30 days from now. If it's set for 30 days from now, Lindsay will remain behind bars during that time if that is what Judge Fox decides."

And, of course, Lindsay is looking at even more jail time after the probation violation hearing, thanks to testing positive for cocaine.

Sources close to the actress tell us: "Lindsay is extremely upset and despondent about her latest setback. She is trying to put on a brave face, but she knows that she is in hot water."

Lindsay's probation was revoked yesterday by Judge Fox, and a bench warrant was issued for her arrest, but ordered held, pending Lindsay's court appearance on Friday morning in Beverly Hills.

Lindsay was released from court-ordered rehab early by Judge Fox, who took over the case from Judge Marsha Revel.

Judge Revel sentenced Lindsay to jail and 90 days at UCLA Medical Center for rehab; she served only a fraction of each sentence.

I find it hard to believe she would drop it without getting any money....

eTrade probably made her a settlement deal and agreed to fast-track the money her way to urge her to settle.

Probation Dept. Cuts Lindsay Lohan a Break

58 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Lindsay Lohan may actually skate on a failed drug test ... sources connected with the case tell TMZ.

We've learned the second test Lindsay failed showed a positive reading for Adderall, but the L.A. County Probation Department is not recommending jail time for that violation -- because there is an ambiguity in the paperwork that went from the court to the Probation Office.

The Probation Department is recommending 30 days probation for the first failed drug test which showed a positive reading for cocaine.

Now here's where it gets interesting ... Judge Elden Fox has a couple of options on Friday. He could sentence Lindsay on the spot to 30 days in jail for the cocaine violation ... but because of overcrowding Lindsay would be released the same day.

Judge Fox's other option is to deny her bail, throw her in jail and set a hearing that would take place 30 days later. Under this scenario, Lindsay would not be released early -- she'd sit in jail for 30 days until her hearing. We're told judges do this "all the time" when they want to make sure a defendant does the time.

Friday should be interesting.

Probation Dept. Cuts Lindsay Lohan a Break

60 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Lindsay Lohan may actually skate on a failed drug test ... sources connected with the case tell TMZ.

We've learned the second test Lindsay failed showed a positive reading for Adderall, but the L.A. County Probation Department is not recommending jail time for that violation -- because there is an ambiguity in the paperwork that went from the court to the Probation Office.

The Probation Department is recommending 30 days probation for the first failed drug test which showed a positive reading for cocaine.

Now here's where it gets interesting ... Judge Elden Fox has a couple of options on Friday. He could sentence Lindsay on the spot to 30 days in jail for the cocaine violation ... but because of overcrowding Lindsay would be released the same day.

Judge Fox's other option is to deny her bail, throw her in jail and set a hearing that would take place 30 days later. Under this scenario, Lindsay would not be released early -- she'd sit in jail for 30 days until her hearing. We're told judges do this "all the time" when they want to make sure a defendant does the time.

Friday should be interesting.

Oh.My.God.

If she skates out of jail after only hours... I have no words. "Ambiguity in the paperwork?" WTF?

My guess would be that maybe it has to do with whether or not Adderall is still considered one of the prescription medications she's allowed to take. Before she went to jail, Adderall was on the list of approved meds because she had a prescription for it. But now that the rehab has said that she doesn't have ADD and that the Adderall is what caused all of her problems, I wonder if anyone bothered to amend the approved meds list to take the Adderall off?

I've been reading some of the comments on TMZ about this and some are saying that it is (get this) unconstitional to not offer her bail for a misdemeanor. So the option to deny bail and throw her in the pokey until her next hearing will probably not happen in a high profile case like this one. If the next best thing is to grant her bail until her next hearing, and THEN lock her up for at least 30 days, then that is what I vote for. The possibility that she'll get sentenced right then and spend a few hours is unbearable.

Exclusive: Lindsay Lohan Drank, "Giggled" as She Tweeted Drug Confession

Thursday – September 23, 2010 – 8:34am

US Mag

Lindsay Lohan certainly sounded contrite in her confessional Sept. 17 Tweet, in which she admitted to failing a drug test. ("I'm taking responsibility for my actions and am prepared to face the consequences," Lohan, 24, wrote.)

But a witness saw the star craft her statement that night on her Blackberry at Hollywood eatery Magnolia -- and tells the new Us Weekly that a flippant Lohan laughed and quaffed Jack and Cokes as she typed.

Lohan composed her missive as her assistant and a male pal coached her on how to make it "more personal," the witness recounts. "Her friend would say, 'No, use 'setback,' don't say 'mistake.' They'll say you make mistakes all the time!" The friend went on, "It's better to say you're responsible. Denying it will just get everyone mad per usual." Lohan's response: "She giggled" and had her assistant order her another Jack and Coke, the Magnolia spy tells Us.

Once the final copy was sent off to her management team -- Lou Taylor and Larry Rudolph, who famously helped Britney Spears clean up -- Lohan wasn't "emotional," says the witness.

The actress, who has been to rehab four times, even joked about drinking whiskey that night, telling pals, "What are you gonna do? I'm ill" -- making air quotes with her fingers.

Us Weekly also reports that mom Dina told guests at her Sept. 17 birthday party at Madeo's Restaurant in Roslyn Heights, NY, that her daughter - due in court Friday - would get off scot-free. "She said, 'Who cares if it's true? Our new team is like a machine. They'll squash this.'"

To read much more about Lindsay's fake apology, how her closest friends worry "she can't be saved" and how she could be behind bars for longer than she thinks, pick up the new Us Weekly, out now.

Oh.My.God.

If she skates out of jail after only hours... I have no words. "Ambiguity in the paperwork?" WTF?

My guess would be that maybe it has to do with whether or not Adderall is still considered one of the prescription medications she's allowed to take. Before she went to jail, Adderall was on the list of approved meds because she had a prescription for it. But now that the rehab has said that she doesn't have ADD and that the Adderall is what caused all of her problems, I wonder if anyone bothered to amend the approved meds list to take the Adderall off?

As long as she has a prescription for it (even now), it means it won't count as a "dirty" test. My guess - she found one of her old pill bottles and took them. When she realized it would show up in test, she got a crap doctor to write her a 'script. Hence the "ambiguity in the paperwork" :rolleyes:

This entire thing is sooooo not how it would go for any of us. No money to pay for the fancy inpatient facility? Then go to the cheap one. Still can't pay for the cheap one? Then you do the jail time instead. End of story, do not pass go and do not collect your $200 bucks. <_<

Unbelievable! I wish I could have seen her face (and Dina's for that matter). The entitlement train is leaving this station.

-----

Lindsay Lohan -- In Custody, No Bail

12 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Lindsay Lohan is in custody ... after Judge Elden Fox shockingly denied her bail ... and Lindsay could be sitting there until October 22.

Lindsay was in court because she failed two drug tests -- in one she tested positive for cocaine and the other for Adderall.

Judge Fox did not hear any argument from the lawyers before making his ruling.

Lindsay was handcuffed in court before being taken into custody.

It's shocking because the underlying offense is a misdemeanor, and people connected with the case were telling us the judge had to offer Lindsay bail.

As for Lindsay's reaction ... she was shocked when the judge remanded her into custody. Lindsay looked at her lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holly, before being taken out of the courtroom.

Posted Image

Eonline.com

Freaky Friday all over again for Lindsay Lohan.

The judge laid down the law and ordered the trouble-magnet star hauled away in handcuffs for using cocaine while on probation—a screw-up that led to last week's failed drug test and subsequent Twitter mea culpa.

Her probation was revoked, no bail was set and she will likely remain behind bars at her old haunt—the Century Regional Correctional Facility in Lynwood, Calif.—until her next hearing on Oct. 22.

"It is a wake-up call," father Michael Lohan told E! News at the Beverly Hills courthouse this morning.

"But jail is not good for anyone. It doesn't rehabilatate anyone...She needs to get into rehab and get away from some of those people."

Wearing sunglasses and a conservative black skirt, the 24-year-old breezed into court flanked by her mother, Dina, and attorney Shawn Chapman Holley.

Lindsay declined to address the media but appeared relaxed as she entered, even smiling as her estranged dad told her, "I love you," before the hearing commenced.

The smile didn't last long.

L.A. Superior Court Judge Elden Fox, in laying out the terms of Lohan's probation, had warned her that any slip-up, be it a dodgy urine sample or a missed appointment, would result in a month behind bars.

Holley tried to ask the court to have Lohan's next hearing on Oct. 29 instead, but Fox replied, "I think it's in the best interest of your client that you have it on the 22nd." That court date will be a formal probation-violation proceeding, where Team Lindsay will be able to make their case.

Fox the announced that Lohan ordered be taken immediately into custody and held without the right to bail.

Holley asked the court if she could be heard on the bail issue.

"Nope," the judge replied sternly.

Lohan then was handcuffed with her hands behind her back and led away. She appeared stone-faced. About 15 minutes later she was driven away from the court in an unmarked police car with a white towel covering the windshield.

A bench warrant was originally issued for her arrest on Monday after her probation was revoked, but Fox waited until today to reveal whether Lohan would be able to wait out her ultimate punishment behind, or in front of, bars.

E! News has heard that friends, loved ones and even attorney Holley have encouraged Lohan to get herself back into treatment, both for her health and to show the judge that she's serious—for real, this time—about staying clean.

Lohan had seemed to be doing OK by Lohan standards, appearing in a tongue-in-cheek skit on the MTV Video Music Awards two weeks ago in which she told host Chelsea Handler it would pay to lay off the drinking.

But all of her uneventful, yet questionable, nights out on the town following her 14-day stay in jail and 23 days in rehab ultimately resulted in two failed drug tests, one because cocaine showed up in her system.

Lohan, knowing the music had to be faced at some point, admitted to violating her probation, an infraction she's now very familiar with.

"This was certainly a setback for me but I am taking responsibility for my actions and I'm prepared to face the consequences," Lohan tweeted exactly one week ago.

Of course, some consequences are preferable to others.

(Originally published Sept. 24, 2010, at 9:14 a.m. PT)

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b202138_li...s#ixzz10T5LOLLb

I really like those sunglasses though. That's really the only valuable thing I'm getting out of all this. :1smile: :2cool:

She soooo thought she'd post bail :D

Blah, Blah, Blah...Everyone else's fault...blah, blah,...blah

Lindsay Lohan goes directly to jail

By Alan Duke, CNN

NEW: Lohan's dad blames Lindsay's lawyer for bad guidance

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Actress Lindsay Lohan will spend the next four weeks in jail while she waits for a probation revocation hearing, a Los Angeles judge ordered Friday.

Judge Elden Fox ordered the preliminary revocation of Lohan's probation based on a probation report to the court saying she tested positive for controlled substance use. The hearing was set for October 22.

When Lohan's lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley, asked the judge to hear her arguments for bail, he answered, "Nope."

The actress showed no emotion as deputies handcuffed her hands behind her back and walked her out of the Beverly Hills courtroom.

Her father, who watched the short hearing from the rear of the courtroom, showed his own anger outside after his daughter was taken away.

"It's a horrible situation. I just hope the judge remands Lindsay to a rehab for a longer period of time and the people in Lindsay's life that are destroying her life and leading her down the wrong path are weeded out," Michael Lohan said.

He singled out Holley for giving his daughter poor advice.

Lohan cited his daughter's court-approved trip to New York during Fashion Week, saying she stayed alone in a hotel room, which opened her up to bad influences.

Lohan's supervised probation for a 2007 drunken driving conviction requires frequent drug tests. The judge warned her last month that any failure could send her back to jail.

"Regrettably, I did in fact fail my most recent drug test and if I am asked, I am prepared to appear before judge Fox next week as a result," Lohan tweeted on September 17.

She spent 23 days in a court-ordered drug rehab program last month, which followed a 13-day jail stint imposed when a Los Angeles judge ruled that Lohan violated her probation.

Fox, who took over Lohan's case when she was released, imposed a new set of rules for her to follow until November. It included weekly counseling sessions for alcohol and drug rehabilitation, random drug tests and behavioral therapy.

"Substance abuse is a disease, which unfortunately doesn't go away overnight," Lohan tweeted. "I am working hard to overcome it and am taking positive steps."

Lohan tweeted that she was "doing what I must do to prevent any mishaps in the future."

"This was certainly a setback for me, but I am taking responsibility for my actions and I'm prepared to face the consequences," she tweeted.

Lohan made fun of her substance abuse troubles in a backstage skit broadcast during the MTV Video Music Awards earlier in September.

She appeared with show host Chelsea Handler, who was wearing an alcohol-detection bracelet like the one Lohan recently wore.

"Wake up, Handler; pull it together," Lohan said as she slammed Handler against a wall. "You're a menace. Do you think anyone will work with a drunk? Take it from me, they don't."

Lohan was arrested twice in 2007 on charges of driving under the influence, and in the second incident, she was charged with cocaine possession.

The first arrest came after Lohan lost control of her Mercedes-Benz convertible and struck a curb in Beverly Hills.

Just two weeks after checking out of a Malibu drug and alcohol rehabilitation facility, she was arrested again in July 2007 after a woman called Santa Monica police, saying Lohan was trying to run her down with a car.

Lohan's acting career, which started at age 10 on a soap opera, took off on the big screen a year later, when she played identical twins in Disney's remake of "The Parent Trap."

US Mag

...Her estranged father, Michael, arrived separately to support her. (Reporters buzzed that he punched a bathroom door after his daughter was sent back to jail).....

Posted Image

TMZ

Here is Lindsay Lohan's latest mug shot.

The mug shot was taken this morning after she was remanded into custody.

Michael Lohan: Lindsay Shouldn't Return to Jail

Credit: GSI Media

Friday – September 24, 2010 – 1:11pm

Michael Lohan is outraged that his troubled daughter Lindsay has been sent back to the slammer.

"I'd rather be in jail than my daughter today," he told UsMagazine.com after Friday's shocking ruling. "Jail is not good for anybody."

He told Us he wishes Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Elden S. Fox had sent the 24-year-old actress -- who has admitting failing at least one drug test - to rehab instead.

Said Michael, "She has not gotten the help with her addiction yet."

He lashed out at the actress' attorney Shawn Chapman Holley and manager Lou Taylor, whom he said got his daughter released early from inpatient rehab at UCLA Medical Center on Aug. 24. (Prior to rehab, Lindsay served nearly two weeks in jail in her three-year-old DUI case.)

"They are destroying my daughter's life," he said. "It is a horrible situation," he added.

He said that he hoped "God would come into her life and touch her."