princess

Matt Damon and Wife

Money Is

Posted Image

I like Matt Damon. Not just because he's from my urea (yeah, I spelled it with a "u" and RED SOX NATION REPRESENT!) but because he comes off as down to earth and highly intelligent and a guy you could have a beer with. Plus, he KICKS ASS in those Bourne movies. He's all forward motion. Like a shark. Anyway, despite saying that that series of flicks was over and out, he might have changed his mind. You should always leave an out because you never know when the rest of your movies will tank and you need to pay off that third home in Aspen.

Talking to "Agence France Presse" in Tokyo, Matt said,

"Personally, the character means a lot to me because the character has done so much for my career. You know, it put me in the position where I have a lot more choices of kind of movies I want to make.

If [director]Paul Greengrass, maybe years down the road, was interested in doing another one, then I would do it, too. I don't think either of us completely put the character to bed yet."

Hmm hmmm. Always have a backup plan. I wonder if Matt and Ben Affleck scored any world series tickets? God, I would love an invite. Ben's wife Jennifer Garner probably wouldn't be reading this because she's busy on Broadway, but Matt's wife is a bartender or something. She just might read gossip blogs in between chasing their daughter around. Luciana Bozán Barroso, if you're reading this - tell your husband that there's a hometown blogger who admires him and needs Sox World Series tickets!

Posted Image

Edited by QTPIE

Matt Damon, Bourne Ultimatum Earn Four People's Choice Nods

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 09, 2007 08:00 AM EST

By Kristin Boehm

Matt Damon's thriller The Bourne Ultimatum led the nominations for the 34th People's Choice Awards, organizers announced Thursday.

The spy flick was nominated for favorite movie, favorite action movie and favorite "threequel" and earned Damon a favorite male action star nod.

Multiple nominees included Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End and Transformers, which are both up against Bourne for favorite movie.

Bruce Willis and Johnny Depp will compete with Damon for favorite male action star. Willis and Depp will also vie for favorite movie star with Denzel Washington.

American Idol faces Dancing with the Stars and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition in the favorite competition/reality show category.

"This is fun because we get the chance to see who the audience actually likes once the vote comes in, we get chosen, and we know that it's kind of working. Because we don't do it for anyone other than the audience, and that's what the People's Choice is all about," Ryan Seacrest told PEOPLE at the Crest+Scope People's Choice Awards Nominations Announcement party in L.A. Thursday night.

Jessica Alba received two nominations – favorite leading lady and favorite female action star.

In music, Justin Timberlake was nominated for favorite male singer and favorite pop song. "Give It to Me," a Timbaland song featuring Timberlake garnered a nod for favorite hip-hop song.

"I love the People's Choice Awards because it's the people," two-time recording artist winner Paula Abdul told PEOPLE. "Without our fans we aren't anything, it's the truth, it's as simple as that."

Winners will be announced Jan. 8 on CBS. For the complete list of nominees and to submit your vote, go to the People's Choice Web site.

• Reporting by SHRUTI DHALWALA

From Lainey 11/14/07 (sorry, it's just the first source I read with this info :unsure: )

Matt Damon: The Sexiest Man Alive 2008

Three weeks ago I called it and it’s about time. Matt Damon can now stand up to his friends George Clooney and Brad Pitt and tell them he’s finally a member of the club. Only they have TWO. Which what they’ll lord over his head for the next few years until he gets his second. Snort.

Still…he definitely deserves it. The Bourne Ultimatum sealed his status as, literally, the most bankable star in Hollywood – according to Forbes, Matt Damon is the smartest investment a studio can make: for every dollar he’s paid, he brings in 29 more. And in a town where money means everything, Matt Damon, therefore, is the #1 Blue Chip.

And obviously, he is also a Movie Star. As mentioned during the predictions process, the SMA is almost always a Movie Star, never a TV Star. With Matt, the trend continues.

Which is why Patrick Dempsey is, once again, second fiddle.

A selection of others attached. Brava People for including Javier Bardem. If you haven’t already, definitely see No Country for Old Men. He is terrifying and nothing short of brilliant. Josh Brolin too.

But when will it be Will’s turn? Next year perhaps?

All AP News

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damon Named People's `Sexiest Man Alive'

Matt Damon has been named the "sexiest man alive" by People magazine, an honor that has been bestowed twice on his pals George Clooney and Brad Pitt.

The 37-year-old actor is featured on the cover of People's annual issue, on newsstands Friday. Damon, who is married to Luciana Bozan, said the honor came as a surprise.

"You gave an aging suburban dad the ego boost of a lifetime," he says in a letter published in the magazine. "My 9-year-old stepdaughter now thinks I'm cool well, cooler."

Damon, who has a 1-year-old daughter, Isabella, with Bozan, says "all the campaigning" by Clooney and Pitt had finally paid off.

"Unfortunately, after all those years out on the trail, the meet and greets, the fundraisers, the stump speeches, I've finally come to terms with the fact that this is a mantle I wasn't meant to hold," he says in the letter, which was signed "Matty."

"Don't get me wrong, though. I was really shocked and happy (Lucy said I actually blushed) when I heard the news. So I can't thank you enough for that."

People's "sexiest man alive" list began in 1985 with Mel Gibson. Others on the list: Clooney (1997 and 2006), Pitt (1995 and 2000), Denzel Washington (1996) and Johnny Depp (2003).

Damon won a screenwriting Oscar with Ben Affleck in 1998 for "Good Will Hunting." Both Damon and Affleck starred in the movie.

He has also starred in "The Departed," "Syriana," the "Ocean's" franchise with Clooney and Pitt, and "The Bourne Identity" and its two sequels.

___

On the Net:

People magazine:

http://www.people.com/

Bankable, makes entertaining movies, seems like a nice guy but sexy?? I don't find him sexy.

I never did either but then the 3rd Bourne movie came out and I find I'm starting to sing a different tune. :unsure:

I think he should get some love. He's sexy in other ways than just conventionally handsome, and don't we often moan that average looking guys and girls get totally overlooked? I think he's got a sexy way about him. So yeah, good choice.

I think he should get some love. He's sexy in other ways than just conventionally handsome, and don't we often moan that average looking guys and girls get totally overlooked? I think he's got a sexy way about him. So yeah, good choice.

I agree. I think he's really sexy when he smiles.

Bankable, makes entertaining movies, seems like a nice guy but sexy?? I don't find him sexy.

I agree. I don't find him sexy, either. To be fair, I think he is growing into his appearance. I think he will age well.

Depp rated best, Ferrell worst for autographs

List names ‘Sweeney Todd’ star most gracious celeb third year in a row

MSNBC.com

NEW YORK - Want an autograph from Johnny Depp? Chances are, he’ll sign something for you — and not be a jerk about it.

The 44-year-old actor is the most gracious celebrity — for the third year in a row — on Autograph magazine’s annual list of the “10 Best and 10 Worst Hollywood Signers.”

Depp is “‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’ on film, and Johnny and the Signing Factory in person,” the magazine said.

“Though soft-spoken and laid-back, he likes to talk to fans and get to know them while signing,” New York autograph dealer Anthony Risi explains in the December issue, now on newsstands. “He’ll sign more than one item when he has time, too.”

The magazine said editors compiled input from autograph-collecting judges based in Europe, New York and California in ranking the celebs.

Matt Damon is second on the list, followed by George Clooney, Jack Nicholson, Rosario Dawson, John Travolta, Katherine Heigl, Jay Leno, Dakota Fanning and Russell Crowe — wait, Russell Crowe?

Crowe, who has a history of throwing temper tantrums, ranked among the worst signers on last year’s list. But in a turnaround, the magazine said, the 43-year-old actor “started treating fans great, signing, taking pictures and chatting them up.”

Will Ferrell is deemed the worst celebrity signer, followed by Tobey Maguire, Joaquin Phoenix, William Shatner, Renee Zellweger, John Malkovich, Julie Andrews, Bruce Willis, Teri Hatcher and Scarlett Johansson.

However, “keep in mind that even the best signers don’t sign sometimes, the worst sometimes do, and that just because they’re on the worst list doesn’t mean they’re bad people,” the magazine said.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

yeah damon has always looked neanderthal to me. BUT he's clearly (or at least seems to be and by most accounts is) a nice guy and intelligent (in spite of the looks). So while I dont think he's a great talent or terribly pretty, I like him. He seems pretty normal which i mean as a great compliment.

yeah damon has always looked neanderthal to me. BUT he's clearly (or at least seems to be and by most accounts is) a nice guy and intelligent (in spite of the looks). So while I dont think he's a great talent or terribly pretty, I like him. He seems pretty normal which i mean as a great compliment.

His normalcy is such a breath of fresh air, while the other Hollywood players personas are so contrived and over-exposed, his just smells genuine, which makes him sexy as hell in my little black book! :D

Isabella Damon: Lips Don’t Lie

Posted Image

HEARTBREAKER IN TRAINING

Isabella Damon, 18 months, pouts her perfect lips while being carried though LAX airport by mommy Luciana Barroso on Wednesday in Los Angeles.

Actor father Matt Damon was not far behind! And is that Luciana’s sister?

Papa Damon was seen pulling Isabella’s carseat out of the backseat of their chauffeured SUV while Luciana carried Isabella inside the airport.

The cute family had fellow travelers smiling as they made their way through security.

Earlier this week, Matt helped Isabella pet the animals at the Molly’s Mutts & Meows and Best Friends Animal Society adoption booth at a West Hollywood park along with Luciana. The family didn’t adopt an animal, but Isabella appeared to enjoy playing with the dogs, a park goer said.

Lohan performance voted worst in online poll

Moviegoers slam actress for ‘I Know Who Killed Me’ role, ‘Georgia Rule’

MSNBC.com

NEW YORK - As if 2007 could get any worse for Lindsay Lohan, now this: Moviegoers tagged her with the year's worst performance by an actress.

Fifty-eight percent of voters in an online poll by AOL's Web site Moviefone gave Lohan that dubious honor for her turn as a woman escaping a sadistic killer in the box-office flop, "I Know Who Killed Me."

The poll, which tallied more than 3.8 million votes, had more bad news for the starlet, who recently spent a brief stint in jail for drunken driving and cocaine possession and also attended voluntary rehab.

Another of Lohan's films, "Georgia Rule," finished second among voters for biggest waste of $10 spent on a movie ticket.

The No. 1 biggest waste? "Norbit," a slapstick comedy starring Eddie Murphy, whose performance in the movie was the runaway pick for worst by an actor.

Voters were given five choices in each poll category. Two box-office smashes were voted the most worthy of the price of a ticket: The blood-soaked ancient war epic "300" edged out the sci-fi extravaganza "Transformers," 28 percent to 26 percent.

"Transformers" stars Megan Fox and Shia LaBeouf were named best on-screen duo, barely beating out Michael Cera and Jonah Hill, the nerdy leads of the comic coming-of-age romp "Superbad."

"Superbad" made more voters laugh out loud than any other film, registering 37 percent of the tally, ahead of the 28 percent for the bawdy pregnancy comedy "Knocked Up." Both comedy blockbusters were from producer Judd Apatow.

Sexiest babe went to Fox of "Transformers," while hottest hunk went to Johnny Depp, from "Pirates of the Caribbean."

Ralph Fiennes' dark turn as Voldemort in "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" earned him best male villain honors. Angelina Jolie won best female villain for playing the mother of the demon Grendel in "Beowulf."

Voters gave Matt Damon the nod for best two performances for "Ocean's Thirteen" and "The Bourne Ultimatum," the latter of which easily nabbed year's best sequel.

© Reuters 2007. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuters sphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group of companies around the world.

Movie Exhibitors Celebrate Johnny Depp

Top 10 for 2007 also includes Will Smith and George Clooney

For the second straight year, Johnny Depp has topped a key survey naming the industry's most successful stars.

Buoyed by the blockbuster success of "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" ($309 million domestic to-date) (and a bit of late-year chump change for "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street" ), Depp has taken the No. 1 spot on Quigley Publishing Company's annual survey of movie exhibitors.

The survey, which dates back to 1932, asks exhibitors to list the 10 stars who generated the most revenue for their theaters. According to media reports, "I Am Legend" star Will Smith finished right behind Depp in second, followed by George Clooney, Matt Damon, Denzel Washington, Russell Crowe, Tom Cruise, Nicolas Cage, Will Ferrell and Tom Hanks.

The exact methodology of the survey is a little unclear, particularly given that several actors on the list -- Cruise and Cage in particular -- starred in 2007 bombs, while the stars of 2007's biggest live-action hits (Tobey Maguire of "Spider-Man 3" and Shia LaBeouf of "Transformers") are absent.

Despite the failure of "Lions for Lambs," of course, Cruise has topped the list seven times, ahead of five-time champs Hanks, Clint Eastwood, Burt Reynolds and Bing Crosby.

This was the first time in 24 years that the exhibitor's Top 10 list failed to include a single actress.

Damon Stuns with Naughty Spoof

Matt Damon stunned late-night TV viewers on Thursday when he teamed up with outrageous comedienne Sarah Silverman for a racy video skit to a tune called "I'm [bleep] Matt Damon."

The "Bourne Supremacy" star, who has been the subject of a long-running joke on comedian Jimmy Kimmel's talk show, performed with the TV star's girlfriend on the fifth anniversary of "Jimmy Kimmel Live."

As Silverman sang, "I'm [bleep] Matt Damon," the movie star attempted to keep a straight face as he added, "...on the bed, on the floor, on a towel by the door, in the tub, in the car, up against the mini-bar."

At one point, Damon pretended to cup Silverman's breasts, asking, "Hey Kimmel, how do you like them apples?"

Silverman finished the hilarious skit by pretending to dump a stunned Kimmel.

It wasn't the only surprise for Kimmel, who was also celebrating his 40th birthday: The Killers served up a special message for the comedian -- a semi-naked greeting.

The four-piece wished the TV star well, before adding, "We're not wearing any pants."

The camera panned back to show the pixelated band naked from the waist down.

Elvis Costello, Mike Tyson and Shaquille O'Neal also offered up comedy greetings.

I wish I could F*CK Matt Damon. BUT, I'm so dang pleased that he seems to love his darling wife and children. He is a god. You know he has a great sense of humor for doing this...on the floor, on the wall, wearing nothing on at all.....she's f*cking Matt Damon......