princess

Matt Damon and Wife

That video is hilarious. He's so funny in it.

someone I know who works in the business told me that Matt was one of the nicest, down to earth people he has worked with. Tom Hanks was another one mentioned.

Wow. I heard the opposite of Tom Hanks.

yeah he said that tom was another actor who is very down to earth and thinks nothing of introducing himself to the crew, etc. As for Matt Damon he is extremely diverse in my opinion. He can do drama and comedy, writing and producing. I am not sure but does he direct as well?

Damon Stuns with Naughty Spoof

Matt Damon stunned late-night TV viewers on Thursday when he teamed up with outrageous comedienne Sarah Silverman for a racy video skit to a tune called "I'm [bleep] Matt Damon."

The "Bourne Supremacy" star, who has been the subject of a long-running joke on comedian Jimmy Kimmel's talk show, performed with the TV star's girlfriend on the fifth anniversary of "Jimmy Kimmel Live."

As Silverman sang, "I'm [bleep] Matt Damon," the movie star attempted to keep a straight face as he added, "...on the bed, on the floor, on a towel by the door, in the tub, in the car, up against the mini-bar."

At one point, Damon pretended to cup Silverman's breasts, asking, "Hey Kimmel, how do you like them apples?"

Silverman finished the hilarious skit by pretending to dump a stunned Kimmel.

It wasn't the only surprise for Kimmel, who was also celebrating his 40th birthday: The Killers served up a special message for the comedian -- a semi-naked greeting.

The four-piece wished the TV star well, before adding, "We're not wearing any pants."

The camera panned back to show the pixelated band naked from the waist down.

Elvis Costello, Mike Tyson and Shaquille O'Neal also offered up comedy greetings.

I have to say that was one funny video :D

Boston teacher has 3 Oscar students

Gerry Speca isn't sure what about his high school drama lessons stuck. But clearly, something worked. On Sunday, Casey Affleck will be his third former student to vie for an Academy Award.

The first two — Matt Damon and Affleck's brother Ben — won.

"It's a wonderful thing. It's a humbling thing," Speca told The Associated Press. "I remember when these kids were talking about that stuff and it was a dream."

All three say Speca played a large part in making those dreams a reality.

Casey Affleck says he guided him to a career in acting, starting at Cambridge Rindge and Latin School. Damon cites him as an example of truly great teachers. And Ben Affleck even thanked him in the credits of his directorial debut, "Gone Baby Gone" — after giving Speca a cameo in the critically acclaimed film.

"I wouldn't be an actor if it wasn't for Gerry," said Casey, nominated for best supporting actor in "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford." "He both kind of turned me on to acting, why it can be fun, how it can be rewarding, and he also taught me the foundation of everything I learned."

Added Ben: "This is a guy who's been a central figure in my artistic life — my entire artistic life."

And they're not alone. Several other former students — including Aaron Stockard, who co-wrote the "Gone Baby Gone" screenplay with Ben, and Broadway and television actor Max Casella — work in show business.

Speca, a native of western Pennsylvania who moved to Boston in the early 1970s to attend graduate school at Harvard, helped run the four-year drama program at the public high school for 12 years, pushing a rigorous schedule of class work and rehearsals. Students often spent 15 to 18 hours a week preparing for a play.

More than learning how to memorize lines or to project their voices, Speca, who himself acted in plays growing up, tried to teach his students to solve problems on and off the stage. So when he had more students than available parts — and far more girls than boys — he taught the teenagers to write their own plays and their own roles.

"What I wanted a kid to come out with was a way of having confidence in him or herself, a way of achieving what they wanted to achieve," he said.

After Speca's classes, Ben Affleck said it was natural for him and Damon to write their own roles and try to get their own movie made, as they did with 1997's "Good Will Hunting," which won them Oscars for best original screenplay.

"That background was our norm," he said. "We didn't need to be afraid of writing."

Speca's lessons still come quickly to the Afflecks, such as "do the work" — Speca's mandate that students stop worrying about whether their acting was good or bad and focus instead on what was needed to finish the job correctly.

"In its simplicity, it's very profound," Casey Affleck said. "As long as you work as hard as you can, you could get it done."

Speca, 60, said he enjoyed having all three of his most famous pupils as students, but he particularly liked watching Casey figure out whether acting was for him. While Damon wanted to be an actor at 13 and Ben already had paying jobs, Casey had other interests.

"And yet he stayed with it, he loved it, I think," Speca said. "There was that sense of this exploration."

Casey said he joined Speca's class as a freshman because he was "sort of" interested in theater, then became involved in his summer plays and ended up staying in Speca's classes until he graduated.

Part of his attraction, Casey said, was that Speca, who is married but has no children of his own, never treated his students like teenagers. He wasn't afraid to set high expectations, give them responsibility or bring his own life into class, such as discussing his grief when his parents died.

"Being challenged in that way, having those kinds of expectations, it does give you a sense of confidence," Casey said. "He always made you feel good about yourself in a real way."

Speca left the high school in 1995, taking a break to pursue other interests, including writing. He returned to the classroom in 2000 and now teaches English, screenwriting and public speaking at Bentley College in suburban Waltham.

He sees his most famous pupils every once in a while, such as at a premiere of "Gone Baby Gone." He appears briefly at the end of the movie, standing on a Dorchester street.

Of course, he'll be cheering for Casey to win Sunday.

"I would love it if he did, because I know he's worked hard," Speca said. "Maybe what I wish for him is that because of this kind of recognition, he gets to get the work that he wants to do."

Not that he's willing to take credit for any past or future success.

"I'm really no different from any other teacher. You kind of go in and do what you think is right and you hope it comes out well."

After following up a double-feature of The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Supremacy with a viewing of "I'm Fucking Matt Damon," and a conversation with a friend who met him on Kauai and swears he is the nicest vacationing celeb she has ever met, I'm now officially in deep, unchaste love with Matt Damon. He is totally stealth-hot (those arms. omg.) and his sense of humor makes him twenty-million times hotter. Yow.

After following up a double-feature of The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Supremacy with a viewing of "I'm Fucking Matt Damon," and a conversation with a friend who met him on Kauai and swears he is the nicest vacationing celeb she has ever met, I'm now officially in deep, unchaste love with Matt Damon. He is totally stealth-hot (those arms. omg.) and his sense of humor makes him twenty-million times hotter. Yow.

hum.

You know he is in all the Ocean films with George & Brad, don't you?......and is Ben's close personal friend. Chasten up already!!!

hum.

You know he is in all the Ocean films with George & Brad, don't you?......and is Ben's close personal friend. Chasten up already!!!

Matt Damon is one celeb that I will NEVER believe is gay. His wife looks like a pretty cool down to earth gal and my bet is that she would NEVER be a tool or a beard. Matt is all man, and he is so, so hot. I love that he loves his wife and his kids, and that "I'm fucking Matt Damon" song just makes him look even hotter. Sense of humor with great teeth wins with me every time, plus the Bourne movies are the best action movies in years.

hum.

Matt Damon is one celeb that I will NEVER believe is gay. His wife looks like a pretty cool down to earth gal and my bet is that she would NEVER be a tool or a beard. Matt is all man, and he is so, so hot. I love that he loves his wife and his kids, and that "I'm fucking Matt Damon" song just makes him look even hotter. Sense of humor with great teeth wins with me every time, plus the Bourne movies are the best action movies in years.

I actually agree. He is in the Jimmy Stewart, Gregory Peck mold - straight as an arrow and a good guy. I guess I was being totally obnoxious to Bittermuch?. I get so upset when almost EVERYONE turns out to be gay (not that there's anything wrong with being gay). Would you have EVER thought that Perry Mason and Paul Drake were an item? I'll bet even Della was in the dark about that one!

hum.

:D Not according to Ted C.....

Dear Ted:

Speaking of breakups, I wonder how well Matt Damon's wife is taking his and Sarah Silverman's "I'm F--king Matt Damon" video. I can't imagine any wife would be okay with it. Do you think this is a roadmap to splitsville, or do Matt and Luciana have "an understanding"?

Wendy

Federal Way, Washington

Dear Winks with Quotes:

Yes to the last query. No spouse to a major heartthrob in this biz gets married without one. Unless they’re on crack or an idiot, or both.

People Exclusive

EXCLUSIVE: Matt Damon & Wife Expecting!

By Elizabeth Leonard

Originally posted Sunday March 09, 2008 06:00 PM EDT

Matt Damon's family is expanding: The actor and wife Luciana are expecting another baby, his rep Jennifer Allen tells PEOPLE exclusively.

"They couldn't be happier," says Allen. "They're so excited!"

The current PEOPLE Sexiest Man Alive, 37, and his wife, 32, stepped out Sunday night at the Empire Film Awards in London – with Luciana glowing (and sporting a baby bump).

This is the third child for the family: Daughter Isabella was born in June 2006, and Luciana has a 9-year-old daughter, Alexia, from a previous marriage.

The actor is currently shooting the CIA thriller Green Zone in Morocco.

Bakula joins Soderbergh's 'Informant'

Warner Independent thriller stars Matt Damon

By DIANE GARRETT

Scott Bakula has scored the second lead role opposite Matt Damon in "The Informant," Steven Soderbergh's espionage thriller for Warner Independent.

Bakula will play Brian Shepherd, an FBI agent who exposes an international price-fixing scheme with the help of biochemist Mark Whitacre (Damon). Project is based on a true story; Scott Burns adapted the book by Kurt Eichenwald.

Participant Media and Groundswell are co-producing with WIP. Jennifer Fox and Gregory Jacobs are producing.

Bakula recently appeared on "Boston Legal," reuniting with his "Murphy Brown" co-star Candice Bergen. He is starring in "Dancing in the Dark" at San Diego's Old Globe Theater.

Damon Tackling Eastwood's Rugby Drama

eonline.com

Now that he's done with Sarah Silverman, Matt Damon's ready to shack up with Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman.

The Bourne Ultimatum star will be suiting up for the Eastwood-helmed Human Factor, per Variety, a drama based on the true story of a South African rugby team that became an unlikely source of national pride when President Nelson Mandela lobbied for the country to host the 1995 World Rugby Cup.

Posted Image

people.com

Matt Damon, dutifully waiting in the car as his pregnant wife Luciana popped into the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf in Los Feliz, Calif., for some iced drinks. Wearing sunglasses and a hat, Luciana shared a little "baby talk" with a fellow patron before returning to the car, where Damon was waiting to make a speedy getaway.

He looks like William H Macy in Happy, Texas!

:D

I love that movie.

I like Matt Damon more and more as the years go by which is not what I expected. I figured he and Affleck would fade away after a few bad movies. Instead, Damon keeps getting stronger as an actor and Affleck did a fantastic job as a director last year. Actually, I liked Affleck's performance in Hollywoodland, it was absolutely heartbreaking and very skilled. It's the best he's ever done, imo.

I'll still do him, even with the creepy 'stash :D

Superfan time - so when I was in Boston a few years ago & strolling thru the park, my friend pointed out the bench Matt & Robin Williams sat on in a scene from the movie Good Will Hunting. You know the superfan in me had too, so I jumped onto the bench and pretended to get frisky with it :D This is as close as I'll ever get to posting a pic of myself (or humping Matt for that matter, lol), so enjoy! And yes, after the fact I was told I had the full attention of the kid standing in the background. :unsure:

Ha! That area used to be a primo place to buy some pot in Boston when your campus supplier ran dry. ;) Different people would congregate on the benches. Buyers and sellers would do the stroll and check out what was on offer.

Good times, good times. :wacko:

Posted Image

HAWAII FIVE-WHOA!

PEOPLE's reigning Sexiest Man Alive shakes up his image while filming scenes for The Informant Tuesday in Hawaii. In the drama, directed by Ocean's 11's Steven Soderbergh, Damon plays a real-life whistleblower who takes down an agribusiness company.

Ummm, I think I like this look better :D

Posted Image

PEOPLE's reigning Sexiest Man Alive shakes up his image while filming scenes for The Informant Tuesday in Hawaii. In the drama, directed by Ocean's 11's Steven Soderbergh, Damon plays a real-life whistleblower who takes down an agribusiness company.

That sounds like something that will empty cinemas.

Ummm, I think I like this look better :D

Posted Image

Definitely.