dixiedoodah

John Travolta

nope, I think it was the national enquirer NE false miscarriage report

l1zzle - think we're talking about different things ;-) I was trying to remember where I had seen a recent baby bump photo of Kelly.....(though I still think what I'm remembering was her in a dress, ah well....)

He does promo flights for Qantas - is that a Qantas pilot's uniform? I think he only wears the pilot uniform when he's doing PR for something....

http://gawker.com/5593789/the-time-john-tr...ne=true&s=i

In his new book The Zeroes: My Misadventures in the Decade Wall Street Went Insane, former magazine editor Randall Lane describes how Travolta's assistants freely admitted their employer's hair was fake when they demanded Lane's magazine redo a cover shoot.

Lane's harrowing tale begins when aviation magazine Private Air sends the star images for final approval.

A few days later, we heard back from Travolta's assistant. Actually, he seemed to have about a dozen whom for storytelling purposes I'll amalgamate into one named Horshack.

"J.T. would like to see how the cover looks, professionally printed," Horshack told us.

So we took a couple of the images, and used the same expensive production process used for real covers. So which ones did he like best?

"None of them," said Horshack.

Spanier fumed. We had chosen the flawless shots, and the head spent hours digitally smoothing out the wrinkles and crow's-feet endemic even in well-preserved fifty-three-year-old actors.

So we instead sent him every photo from the shoot, good, bad, and ugly–more than one hundred in all. Even if he liked only a dozen, we'd have plenty of choices.

"J.T. is not happy," responded Horshack a few days later. "He doesn't like any of them."

"None of one hundred shots? What could possibly be the problem?"

Horshack paused. And sighed. "It's his hair."

Begrudgingly, Horshack let me in on an open Hollywood secret: the man who sported maybe the most iconic male head of hair in Hollywood history, form his disco helmet in Saturday Night Fever to the lubricated ‘do in Grease was bald. Or balding. It's hard to know when someone has the best fake mane money can buy.

"Would ya just watch the hair," Tony Manero had protested in Saturday Night Fever, after his father smacked his head. "Ya know, I work on my hair a long time." Life was now imitating art.

He was changing our deal. Cover approval didn't mean a blanket veto. There had been no fake-hair-clause. Horshack, anticipating the impasse, offered a compromise: a reshoot in front of Travolta's planes in the run-drive-way of his house at Jumbolair. Peace reigned. Until another hairball cropped up: Travolta now insisted on bringing in his handpicked hairstylist. From Lost Angeles. First-class.

This meant an $8000 ticket, at our expense, plus a thousand or so for his day fee, plus other costs, including sending Spanier and his team down to Florida. All in all it came out to a $15,000 hairdo do-over, more than our entire editorial budget to produce the magazine. We offered to send up the best hair guy in Miami. No, said Horshack, it had to be the L.A. hair magician. We offered to fly him in coach. No, said Horshack, the hair magician only flies first-class. Or private.

There was no way I was authorizing that much money for a hair-dresser's extra legroom. So Horshack came up with one last compromise. Travolta had just finished a plane-related advertising shoot for Breitling, a watch company that advertised with us and had a major aviator line. Would we be willing to use one of the outtakes?

It was an economical solution. But an awful one, on principle. We always controlled our own photography. Otherwise, there was no way to know how it would be used going forward. It was core to our brand. "Not an issue," said Horshack. "We'll make sure that those images never get used anywhere else." What choice did we have? We had promised the entire media and aviation communities a big bang with the first issue, and Travolta was it. We had to make it work.

A few weeks later, as I was looking at a mock-up of a soon-to-print issue of Private Air, I saw an ad for Breitling. The photo caused me to double-take. It was "our" cover shoot. In our own magazine. Transformed into a watch ad.

A deal gone bad. It was an omen of things to come.

According to the National Enquirer, John Travolta is cheating on his wife of 19 years, Kelly Preston, just months before their baby is due.

"John Travolta has been cheating on Kelly for years! And when the details emerge, he's gonna make Tiger Woods look like a boy scout," said Robert Randolph, author of the memoir, You'll Never Spa in This Town Again.

Apparently, Travolta has been a participant in Hollywood's "secret gay spa subculture," where the actor has engaged in "lewd sex acts with other men" on several occasions.

Yikes! Wonder what Kelly will think!

Read More: Celebrity gossip juicy celebrity rumors Hollywood gossip blog from Perez Hilton http://perezhilton.com/page/9/#ixzz0yOoWXkFJ

Celebrity Juice, Not from Concentrate

Exclusive: John Travolta Travels to Australia for 10 Days as Kelly Preston's Due Date Nears

November 5, 2010 12:56 PM

Digg It De.licio.us RSS print email

Why is John Travolta flying almost 10,000 miles away to Australia when his 48-year-old wife, Kelly Preston, is due to give birth to their third child any day now?

Star has learned that the actor and pilot, who moonlights as the official goodwill ambassador for Qantas airlines, is arriving in Sydney Saturday and will spend approximately 10 days traveling throughout the continent, also stopping in Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth, to help celebrate the airline’s 90th anniversary.

“John is in business with Qantas and he is there on their behalf, as an ambassador of the company, giving them his support,” John’s longtime L.A. publicist Paul Bloch exclusively told Star.

Star broke the news in May that Kelly was three months pregnant. The couple confirmed our scoop on their official Web sites shortly after. But with Kelly's due date fast approaching, and the fact that it's a high-risk pregnancy because of her age, the baby could arrive any day now.

The couple’s new arrival – which Star exclusively reported is a boy – will join 10-year-old sister Ella. Sadly, John and Kelly's son Jett passed away at the age of 16 a year ago.

http://www.starmagazine.com/john_travolta_...alia/news/17539

I hope she has an easy and safe delivery. I wish John or the scinos or whoever would just let him be who he is. Balding? Who cares? Gay? Whatever? He seems sweet and gentle and generous with his wealth and that is what matters to me. I wish they would let him go.

I have to wonder if his travel to Australia right before her due date is a passive aggressive rebellion against the rumored circumstances of this pregnancy?? (eg fake, surrogate, IVF against his wishes, etc)

I have to wonder if his travel to Australia right before her due date is a passive aggressive rebellion against the rumored circumstances of this pregnancy?? (eg fake, surrogate, IVF against his wishes, etc)

or maybe he is picking up the baby?

If the pregnancy is fake anyway, going to Australia for 10 days is no biggy.

That would be my guess. If he flies his own jet, he could definitely bring back a baby (with confidentiality agreements signed everywhere).

How much do I love the quote marks in the title! :4biggrin:

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/218389/j...into-labor.html

John Travolta Leaves Australia as Kelly Preston ‘Goes Into Labor’

JOHN Travolta has been forced to end his trip to Australia and is flying back home to America because his actress wife Kelly Preston has gone into labor.

The Old Dogs star was Down Under for the 90th anniversary of Qantas airlines, and vowed to return if Kelly went into labor.

Travolta took to the air in his personal Boeing 707 to wing his way back to his family, according to Aussie newspaper the Herald Sun.

Travolta confirmed last week the couple were expecting a boy, who they have already named Benjamin. The due date was to be November 26.

The couple has a daughter, Ella Blu, 10. Their son Jett tragically died in 2009 after suffering a seizure during a family holiday in the Bahamas.

America’s Globe magazine recently claimed Kelly is faking her pregnancy and the couple actually had a surrogate carry their baby, which is not entirely unbelievable..

I will just cry if I wind up sharing a "birthday" with this baby....

Today??? :4biggrin: Happy Birthday Maxie--hope you've got something wonderful planned! :hellowave: