Kath

British Royals

I would have stopped at 2 given the fact she is supposedly so sick with each one.

But having kids is her PURPOSE in the family. [which sucks, but whatever....I didn't marry a Royal ;-)] The silver lining could be - when she has terrible "morning sickness" (what a stupid euphemism but I can't remember the medical name of her bad case....gravidium something or other?) Anyway - when she's sick, she gets out of her other "work", showing up at charity events :-)

Eh, let him do what he wants. The queen has seen how well denying family members their chosen partner works out and he's far enough in line that it doesn't really matter. It gives the North Americans a closer connection to the royals. Let them go for it. I kind of got an Angelina vibe from her for a while but she's managed to be pretty low key which surprised me.

• Like 1

What I've seen of her in the press (and their relationship) seems to be good. If Grandma likes her, that's a greenlight for the engagement announcement. And I'm ridiculously excited about that, I won't lie!!! Bet they won't do a big royal wedding, though.

Bet they won't do a big royal wedding, though.

You don't think so? I think it might not be their thing, but I think they will have to. Every time someone complains about the royals beeing leeches, it's always justified by the tourism revenue they bring in. Imagine how much money the wedding of "Diana's baby boy" would bring in to the country.

• Like 1

Harry gets away with EVERYTHING. So if he says he wants to get married in Africa (would be very "him") or at his brother's country house or wherever - bet Granny would allow it. I don't think his wedding would be as big a draw as William & Kate's was (was Andrew's or Edward's? Not so much ;-) The photos will sell, though ;-)

[just realized - Harry's only residence is Kensington Palace, isn't it? He doesn't have a country get away or anything? Would he if he gets married?]

Harry gets away with EVERYTHING. So if he says he wants to get married in Africa (would be very "him") or at his brother's country house or wherever - bet Granny would allow it. I don't think his wedding would be as big a draw as William & Kate's was (was Andrew's or Edward's? Not so much ;-) The photos will sell, though ;-)

[just realized - Harry's only residence is Kensington Palace, isn't it? He doesn't have a country get away or anything? Would he if he gets married?]

Ummm, so, I guess a Vegas elopement would be out uh? :D

• Like 1

Lainey posted a bunch of photos and a video of Markle & Harry walking into an Invictus games event (in Toronto) holding hands. Very cute. I'm in love with this photo especially!!! So intimate.....

prince-harry-markle-25sept17-20.jpg

• Like 1

Oh, also Harry & Meghan reportedly looking for a country house in the Cotswolds ;-)

Isn't that a nicer image than masturbating into a potted plant? :-)

Bet they won't do a big royal wedding, though.

http://www.laineygossip.com/prince-william-catherine-reveal-that-prince-george-quite-likes-the-lion-king/48190

Some are reporting that the announcement will come as soon as Meghan wraps on Suitsnext month. There are rumours that she’s told producers that she’s quitting the show and plans to move to London right after she’s done. Supposedly they’re looking for propertytogether in the Cotswolds. And also, supposedly, Harry wants to have the wedding at St George’s Chapel in Windsor. Have you been to St George’s Chapel? Apparently it’s the Queen’s favourite as her parents are buried there. I was there a couple of years ago when Lorella was living in England. It’s gorgeous. And tiny. And that’s why they’re also saying that Harry and Meghan’s wedding won’t be a major event like Will and Kate’s. That it’ll be a more scaled back situation, still pearly, he’s a royal after all, but not super pompy.

Meghan's been living in Canada these past few years and local gossip about her has been... well.... She sounds like she cares a LOT about social status, was always Trading Up boyfriends and friends trying to get "better" and richer, reads the gossip sites religiously to try to figure out how to better adjust her image to get the reaction she wants, etc. I suspect she's got harry wound around her finger. But, maybe that's not bad. Left to his own devices he can get into a lot of trouble so many he needs some coniving wife who he adores keeping him in line and telling him what to do. She is popular in the society pages, here, but not with the little people who she feels can be of no use to her.

So, he’s five points away from ever having to abdicate, but just think, there are people (and a lot of them) who were alive when Wallis Simpson forced a regime change. Now Prince Harry is marrying a commoner, American, divorced, biracial, Catholic woman. Granted, Edward was all kinds of a hot mess, but still, progressive isn’t really a term I think of when I think of the British monarchy as an institution. Its amazing to see this as a reflection of how much society has changed in one lifetime. It’s times like this that I wish Elizabeth would one day smuggle tapes out to Andrew Morton so we could know her real thoughts. Good for Harry for finally finding someone who makes him happy.

For just a little while, I’m going to pretend I don’t read celebrity gossip so I don’t have that nagging snarky feeling about her that I have about Kate. I’m just going to let myself be caught up in the romance and be totally happy for them.

• Like 3

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/entertainmentnews/prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-are-officially-engaged/ar-BBFMnRz?li=BBnbfcL

I got giddy when I heard this on my commute this morning and started wondering where my fascinator is, the one I wore when I got up in the middle of the night to watch William & Kate's wedding ;-) Speculation they'll be created Duke & Duchess of Sussex......

Also - Spring 2018 wedding? So, Kate will be massively pregnant or just have had baby #3? When is Charles' 70th birthday, and 65th anniversary of coronation? Big year....Maybe Harry thinks his wedding won't be as big a deal with all the other things going on??

I'm not crazy about the ring - I don't like yellow gold in general and not with diamonds. But I like that it's mostly simple and has a connection to Diana and to Botswana where they vacationed together..

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/entertainmentnews/prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-are-officially-engaged/ar-BBFMnRz?li=BBnbfcL

I got giddy when I heard this on my commute this morning and started wondering where my fascinator is, the one I wore when I got up in the middle of the night to watch William & Kate's wedding ;-) Speculation they'll be created Duke & Duchess of Sussex......

Also - Spring 2018 wedding? So, Kate will be massively pregnant or just have had baby #3? When is Charles' 70th birthday, and 65th anniversary of coronation? Big year....Maybe Harry thinks his wedding won't be as big a deal with all the other things going on??

Charles turns 70 on November 14th, so no chance of a conflict there.

• Like 1

I'm actually kind of surprised they got engaged. Yeah, I know I'm the only one who is surprised. Something about those two just seem off to me. Can't put my finger on it....

• Like 3