Kath

British Royals

This is definitely a different royal wedding, but I love it

He really has his brother and sister is law to thank for that, three kids have taken the pressure right off him!

• Like 2

Who is the woman in electric blue dress right behind Megan is? She helped with the veil as they went back to sign the license.

Who is the woman in electric blue dress right behind Megan is? She helped with the veil as they went back to sign the license.

I didn’t see but I think one of the mothers of the page boys/bridesmaids was in that colour - perhaps that was Jessica Mulroney?

I didn’t see but I think one of the mothers of the page boys/bridesmaids was in that colour - perhaps that was Jessica Mulroney?

Yeah I think that's her. Wondering who got such a prime spot up front so makes sense.

• Like 1

[i'm behind - made breakfast -scones ;-)] Watching the vows now - I like the older school version "With my body, I thee worship. With all my worldly goods I thee endow." I used those in my vows!!!

It’s 1.30 here so time for some very British tea and cake for me :) I made a Victoria sponge with strawberries and cream yesterday so I’d already achieved Peak Brit. :)

• Like 2

It's 5:30 am for me. How will I ever get back to sleep now!?!?!

Afternoon nap for sure!!! It's on my schedule ;-)

• Like 1

Kate looks good but NOT loving she wore ivory.....

OK, in the sunlight it looks like more of a pale lemon yellow....

I just got home from kids tournament. Havent watched the wedding yet so just commenting on whats here.

Lady Kitty Spencer Is my favorite. Dress fits perfectly and she looks great. Cressida.... was the other one there too (oh, I se her) ? Carey Mulligan not wearing a hat. I thought that was specified on the invite? Zara looks adorable, Pippa has an awful face (nothing new there) and poor Oprah. That dress was not flattering,

ETA: Im starting to watch the tape. I apologize to Oprah. She looks lovely. Just a bad still photo.

ETA (again) Finished. My absolute favorite was Zara Tindalls expression during the sermon by the presiding bishop.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/news/2018/05/michael-curry-sermon-memes-gifs-tweets/amp/

My husband and I were laughing so hard

Edited by dixiedoodah
  • Like 2

Bishop Curry - North Carolinian, y'all! I loved the sermon and it didn't faze me at all, though in retrospect, I guess it wasn't at all what was expected, was it?

Also, having attended a Jesuit university, loved the Teilhard de Chardin reference!!

Bishop Curry - North Carolinian, y'all! I loved the sermon and it didn't faze me at all, though in retrospect, I guess it wasn't at all what was expected, was it?

Also, having attended a Jesuit university, loved the Teilhard de Chardin reference!!

I thought great, and really didn’t find anything unusual about it, but all of my British friends were posting on FB about how he was too American and over the top. That’s why the looks on the faces of the royal family were making me laugh so hard. I’d like to invite them to a Pentecostal Church and let them see what over the top American preaching looks like. If they think the Episcopalians are too much (and I spent 5 years of my life working full time in an Episcopal Church) they ain’t seen nothing yet.

• Like 2

I saw one comment that it was too repetitious. Duh. Preaching is an oral tradition and repetition is how you remember stuff and get your audience to remember the lessons you teach. Wow. Go back and listen (not read - listen!) to some of Dr. King's speeches and sermons. He uses repetition so powerfully!!

Meh, he's [Louis Spencer Viscount Althorp] ok, but I don't think he's objectively more attractive than Prince Harry...

https://pagesix.com/2018/05/21/there-was-beer-pong-at-prince-harry-and-meghan-markles-wedding-reception/

Beer pong? I'm all for fun wedding receptions, but these are adults. That is wrong.....[just call me judgy mcjudgerson....]

On the other hand, what I wouldn't give for video of Prince Charles in a dance routine with his sons.....

https://pagesix.com/2018/05/21/there-was-beer-pong-at-prince-harry-and-meghan-markles-wedding-reception/

Beer pong? I'm all for fun wedding receptions, but these are adults. That is wrong.....[just call me judgy mcjudgerson....]

On the other hand, what I wouldn't give for video of Prince Charles in a dance routine with his sons.....

Totally agree! How immature for people in their 30's.

• Like 1