Kath

British Royals

2 hours ago, princess said:

I couldn't find it, can you share the link?

I’m sorry I couldn’t find it online so I tried to take a pic but my pic won’t upload - let me keep trying

I'm watching Margaret: The Rebel Princess (I recorded from PBS, not sure when it was produced). Some of these stories are good! (I read a book about Margaret a few months ago that was a glittering little champagne & nibbles of a book - 99 glimpses of Princess Margaret - so fun, a little sad - this show is the same) In talking about Townsend, former journalist colleague says "he was a famous womanizer, a great swordsman as we used to say. He was very well equipped for the role, that's what everybody said"

I love the Brits - that very dry delivery ;-)

• Like 1

This ends my large bump therory. I think I secretly preferred the thought that they tricked everyone so they could get some peace and quiet for a few weeks, but oh well. Knowing how much Harry values his privacy (or really devalues the paparazzi) and knowing he has zero chance of being king, I hope everyone gives the kid some space. Harry and Meghan are doing their job being public figures but eventually Archie will be like Prince Michael of Kent - cousin to a monarch and anonymous to a good percentage of the world. Let him have some time to be normal.

For some perspective on Archie’s relative place, here’s Prince Michaels data: He is currently 48th in the line of succession to the British throne, but at the time of his birth was seventh in the line of succession. Because there aren’t many siblings, I don’t think Archie will drop that far, but still... and hey, FDR was one of Prince Michaels godfathers. Learn something new!

Edited by dixiedoodah
  • Haha 1

Just  watched    Fergie   downfall of a Duchess....   she  did nt  last  long

at the  top  before   affairs with  rich  Americans  and  scandal   led  to  the  anus  horribilis

and meltdown  for the  Monarchy ....

bscap0033.jpg.0983e5c6bd032c7a8c3f2dc5552979fd.jpg

13 minutes ago, goldensun said:

led  to  the  anus  horribilis

I only saw the toe-sucking photos. WHAT PHOTOS DID YOU SEE???!!!!

[I'm sorry - who could resist a typo like that???? ;-)]

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, dixiedoodah said:

This ends my large bump therory. I think I secretly preferred the thought that they tricked everyone so they could get some peace and quiet for a few weeks, but oh well. Knowing how much Harry values his privacy (or really devalues the paparazzi) and knowing he has zero chance of being king, I hope everyone gives the kid some space. Harry and Meghan are doing their job being public figures but eventually Archie will be like Prince Michael of Kent - cousin to a monarch and anonymous to a good percentage of the world. Let him have some time to be normal.

I'm laughing because of the way you wrote "large bump theory"- just tickled my funny bone for some reason!

Alas, I do think that Archie and any other future kids of Harry's will remain far more of interest than Prince Michael - their popularity has more to do with the popularity of Harry & William and the overarching (and continuing!) popularity of their mother Diana than it has to do with their place in the succession. My opinion ;-)

For those who might be as obsessed as I am, new (to the US) show Private Lives of the Monarchs starts in a couple of days on Smithsonian Channel: https://www.dailybreak.com/break/private-lives-of-monarchs-queen-victoria-scandalous?utm_source=gofugyourself&utm_medium=linkshare&utm_content=organic

First two episodes showing up in my DVR are Victoria and Henry VIII

• Like 1

Anyone else find it interesting that her occupation is listed as Princess, but no one calls her that?   

• Like 1

17 hours ago, branchop said:

Anyone else find it interesting that her occupation is listed as Princess, but no one calls her that?   

That's how Kate's occupation was listed on birth certificates as well.

1 hour ago, Hoyaheel said:

That's how Kate's occupation was listed on birth certificates as well.

I remember that - but isn’t she referred to as Princess?   (Besides Kate Middleton which I think is ridiculous but whatevs?)

4 hours ago, branchop said:

I remember that - but isn’t she referred to as Princess?   (Besides Kate Middleton which I think is ridiculous but whatevs?)

Nope, she's the Duchess of Cambridge....

• Like 1

I absolutely love the pictures from Kate’s garden at the flower show. There’s one in particular, George and Charlotte sitting on the bridge with their feet splashing in the water. I just LOVE that they are real kids. Not just buttoned up little show pieces. I love that they have been able to keep that part of childhood for them. I know they, especially George, have a “higher calling” but I think being regular kids as much as possible is so healthy for them and will only help them relate to the people. I think Diana would be so happy with her family.

1FF08CD9-F103-47A8-831C-E58699F4C4C3.jpeg

Edited by dixiedoodah
  • Like 1

3  kids  in  no  time  atall.....  let them  enjoy  their  years  of  childhood  and   youth 

cos  ... blink.... and  they ll be   teenagers   !   

Yesterday is  history

Tomorrow  is  mystery

So  live  for today.....  its  really all we  have ....

Trooping the Colour today - Duchess of Sussex out, no Archie I've seen. Louis' first balcony appearance, per Omid Scobie (I follow her on twitter)

Louis looks so much like Kate. I think the boys favor her, although George has a lot of William too, while Charlotte favors Queen Elizabeth (i.e. William's side). I also find it interesting that Charlotte and now Louis (although it's too soon to know if it will last) seem to really like the attention of the crowds and play it up for the cameras, whereas George, the future King, seems more reserved. I think William and Harry were the same way. William seemed more reserved and uncomfortable with all the attention he received whereas Harry seemed to enjoy it. 

• Like 1

So not the picture I couldn’t post before, but here is a link explaining the line for the crown:

Edited by branchop

chumley is very easy to pronounce. It is NOT easy to spell ? Cholmondeley.....

It's bad that she might still be entertaining William, but that aside, everything I've read about her husband would make me divorce him too. He basically left her to live in Paris....[he's also 24 yrs older, and I like an older man, and I dated a few with LARGE age differences...but married one only 5 yrs older, because, it's tough!]

Edited by Hoyaheel