Kath

British Royals

I don't think the Queen is displeased with Meghan and I don't think there will be lectures at Balmoral this summer.....

Side note - can't wait to read all of British Vogue!!! Excerpts I've seen so far have been fabulous.

9 hours ago, colorine said:

She helped distribute bananas to prostitutes???????   Wow!!?

I think it's more disturbing to the fuddy-duddies that she wrote empowering messages on the bananas. Like, treating sex workers like human beings and all that.....

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 07/29 **#2**
Apparently many members of a certain royal family are alarmed about a recent addition to the family and their latest side gig. It is being viewed as not politically neutral and there is concern it is going to inflame the public during a time when they need to be anything but. One of the senior members of this particular family is observing all of this with chagrin since this isn't the first time something like this has happened. They don't seem worried since these things always have a way of taking care of themselves eventually.

The Vogue article sure is getting a lot of coverage:

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, makes call for racial inclusivity, interviews Michelle Obama as British Vogue guest-editor

Her comments, as well as her choice of women to highlight, came strikingly close to political commentary for a member of the British royal family, who are traditionally apolitical — in public at least.
  • Like 2

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 07/30 
I give the alliterate former actress turned royal a lot of crap. The thing is though, she is not the one responsible for which names were included in the issue and which were not. She got to pick three or four. The rest were predetermined for this type of issue. She has no interest in half those people. She would have picked a dozen A+ listers and called it a day.

avocados-1.jpg

The Avocado Queen

July 31, 2019

[Blind Gossip] This TV actress is currently in a foreign country.

And she is not happy.

There are some things in America that are more challenging to procure here. She was quite upset that there was not an avocado readily available when she wanted one. She wanted to know if we could fly some in or if we could plant avocado trees on the property.

Long story short, she was disappointed that flying in a box of avocados in for her personal consumption was impractical. She was also disappointed that the climate where she currently resides is not compatible to avocado farming.

Perhaps she could have one of her famous friends engage a private jet for this important cause?

After all, our Avocado Queen should get what she wants… when she wants it!

Similar: Faster Baby

Actress:

So many of the BIs are about Meghan Markle these days - and not flattering!  No idea if haters gunna  hate, or if she really is that high maintenance.

• Haha 1

I am fricking POSITIVE there is at least ONE GREENHOUSE somewhere at Windsor where they could plant an avocado tree.

Also I think the press hates that she isn't kowtowing to them and their asshole racist existence.....So I refuse to believe the blinds or the horrible pieces written about her. A journalist called her UPPITY on tv yesterday. Fucking racist asshole. 

Yeah, I have strong opinions on this. I think she's probably a standard American 30-something yr old woman who's been independent (and, let's not forget, an actress....) a long time. She probably asserts herself. And why wouldn't she?

• Like 1

I have no idea about her personality and if she is high maintenance or not but I find the avocado BI very hard to believe. Wasn't Suits filmed in Canada? The climate there is also not good for growing avocados and she survived. It's not like she's never lived without avocados and I find it hard to believe she couldn't get them at least occasionally with all the money she has. 

I do wonder if she's having some second thoughts related to the viciousness of the press. Unlike Kate, she wasn't under their scrutiny for very long before getting married and may not have been prepared enough. She had some exposure being an actress but she wasn't even an A-lister and even the biggest movie stars, as intrusive and vicious as the press can be towards them, don't have it as bad as someone who marries into the royal family. 

• Like 1

A quick Google search will tell what climate zones are suitable for growing an avocado tree if there was any doubt.  Meghan certainly strikes me as intelligent enough to handle this.

The optimist in me says the press will run out of straws to grasp at some point where Meghan is concerned.  The pessimist in me remembers all of the rumors surrounding Diana's demise and hopes things don't end similarly.

• Like 2

from this week's popbitch:

It was curious seeing Dan Wootton give Meghan Markle both barrels this week. You'd think he'd be a little more friendly, given that he's such good pals with Wills and Kate's press secretary...
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, fykeylicious said:

from this week's popbitch:

It was curious seeing Dan Wootton give Meghan Markle both barrels this week. You'd think he'd be a little more friendly, given that he's such good pals with Wills and Kate's press secretary...

If I were into conspiracy theories, I would wonder where these BIs are coming from and why?

eh, Katie?

• Haha 1

The press was brutal towards Fergie as well. I know she’s done a lot of horrible things since but they were unrelenting before she went off the rails. I feel like you have to be at least a little crazy to marry into that family. 

• Thanks 1

Here's another, admittedly from Fakey, but starring Lainey!

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 08/02 
The gossip blogger who has helped the alliterate former royal for years with glowing articles has been getting the cold shoulder as of late. I'm thinking now that she is not in a position to do anything useful, she has served her purpose. Lainey Gossip

• Thanks 1

From this week’s popbitch mailing:

>>Avocadon't <<
Claws are out for Meghan

If you think the British press have been desperate to find any possible angle to attack Meghan Markle, it's really no better in the States.

US gossip site BlindGossip published a very thinly veiled item last week suggesting that the Duchess of Sussex had thrown an almighty diva tantrum because she had wanted a very rare and hard-to-procure delicacy known as "an avocado" – and apparently got mad when no-one on her staff was prepared to fly one over from America for her.

British readers took to the comments below the article to point out that avocados are readily available in the UK and Meghan would have had precisely zero problem in sourcing one here. What happened to all those comments? You'd have to ask the moderators at BlindGossip to know for sure, but it looks as though they've been deleted. 

The ones saying she'll be the death of the Royal Family are still up though.
  • Like 2

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 08/15 **#8**
Reader Blind: So I’ve got a few friends who are well placed professionally by virtue of our career choices and during a lunch outing whilst visiting my in laws in London it transpired that the nobility is abuzz with a rumour that our favourite naughty royal may have known the former alliterate actress and had a go himself prior to marriage.

Clearly meant to be Prince Andrew and Meghan Markle :blink:

1 hour ago, princess said:

Reader Blind: So I’ve got a few friends who are well placed professionally by virtue of our career choices and during a lunch outing whilst visiting my in laws in London it transpired that the nobility is abuzz with a rumour that our favourite naughty royal may have known the former alliterate actress and had a go himself prior to marriage.

I call bullshit and wish they would lay off the BIs - at this point they are just downright mean.

If this were true, I can't imagine that it wouldn't come out prior to the marriage and the Queen giving her permission.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, princess said:

Merriam-Webster defines jealous as feeling or showing envy of someone or their achievements and advantages.  Writer, editor, fashion designer,  World Vision Global Ambassador (Canada), actress and the first Duchess of  Sussex.  Someone in that cabal has a problem with the "alliterate  actress".  

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 5:43 PM, tyler said:

I call bullshit and wish they would lay off the BIs - at this point they are just downright mean.

If this were true, I can't imagine that it wouldn't come out prior to the marriage and the Queen giving her permission.

I call bullshit cause he likes him way younger than she would have been ?

Duchess Meghan Feels There Is a ‘Very High’ Standard Set by Sister-in-Law Duchess Kate: ‘It’s Discouraging’