Kath

British Royals

15 hours ago, branchop said:

Dude has aged in a year.   Planning and executing Epstein’s demise must have been exhausting!!! 

Nah that’s just going from having to stand next to Theresa may to having to go stand next to BoJo. 

• Haha 2

I just looked at the pics from Remembrance Day anyone else think Meghan is pregnant again?   

Edited by branchop
  • Like 2

Apparently Harry was talking to servicemembers & their families at an event and talking about how he might be ready for #2 and wanting to know how families & older siblings handle that. Of course it could just be talking, but they said they wanted at least a couple kids, and they're not young, so......I am not looking at photos for a baby bump but I certainly wouldn't be surprised.

• Like 2

I wasn’t either really, but the belt on her jacket was really high (think hitting at empire waist).   And she does not seem as slender as she was before she was pregnant with Archie.   

She may be taking her time getting off the baby weight, but that seems unlike her.   

And there is a pic of her with her hand on her stomach.  

• Like 3

Now THIS is a Meghan related distraction from the Prince Andrew allegations that we can all get behind!!!!!!

(I'm not implying at all that anybody here is defending Andrew.  It's just nice to finally have a Meghan story without any ugly undertones.)

• Like 1

I was wondering that myself - I often forget that she's 38, so they would likely not want to wait long between children. This would make for some nice news for a change :)

• Like 1

There've been a couple rumors about Kate having #4 as well - not sure if that's the weird family oneupmanship that is going on with their staffs and British tabloids, or if Kate & Will really do want another child (I don't have a problem with that).  Guess we'll know if Kate goes missing for a month or two (with her hyperemesis gravidarum - I know it wasn't the same intensity with each pregnancy, but didn't she have it each time?)

Also, if the IVF rumors are true, sooner would be better as well, right? If they had another embryo ready to go? (just thinking about Chrissy Teigen! ?

I have been told that in English royal families the magic number of kids is 4.  Not everyone does this due to a variety of reasons, but that's the status quo.  Kind of like in the US families typically have 2 kids.  English royal families it's 4.  I guess if you can afford them, why not. :)

• Like 2

Well, QE2's kids all failed that, didn't they? Don't they all have 2 kids?? (I can't remember how many Anne has but I seem to recall one boy and one girl - Zara and ....I can never remember him but his wife is Autumn?) And Elizabeth (Queen Mum) had only 2 as well. So this rule of 4 must be ignored quite a bit ?

2 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

Well, QE2's kids all failed that, didn't they? Don't they all have 2 kids?? (I can't remember how many Anne has but I seem to recall one boy and one girl - Zara and ....I can never remember him but his wife is Autumn?) And Elizabeth (Queen Mum) had only 2 as well. So this rule of 4 must be ignored quite a bit ?

The person that mentioned this was in the right circles (you know, the one that got invited to the wedding ;) ).  And it was mentioned the current royals don't really follow this, but old royals do.  Maybe there is a difference between old royals and new just like old money and new money folks :D  For what it's worth.  My point is I think the press jumping to the conclusion of Baby #4 for Kate/William is not so far out there as someone from the states would think.  Much like when someone here has Baby #1 here, the first question is "when will you have baby #2?" 

I only have one friend with 4 kids, and that was not planned!  She just gave birth to unplanned twins (twins don't even run in their family!) last week and is still trying to wrap her head around the fact she has 4 kids under the age of 6.  She mentioned for XMas she just wanted her husband to have a vasectomy :P

• Like 1

mean-girls-im-sick.jpg

I’m Sick

November 12, 2019

[Blind Gossip] There is a funny scene in Mean Girls in which Karen (played by actress Amanda Seyfried) claims illness in order to stay home.

She gives a little struggle cough and says, “I’m sick.”

That is close to what went down a week or so ago in the lives of this famous and feuding family.

The Mother In Law was supposed to attend an event for the first time with her Daughter in Law.

Right before the event, MIL said, “I’m sick.”

She must have been seriously ill, right?

[MIL] had a mild cold, but the woman has the constitution of a horse and it was nothing that would have ordinarily kept her from attending a scheduled event. Did you know that [MIL] was actually very sick the day of her own wedding? Yet she muddled through with nary a complaint.

Guess DIL isn’t the only actress in the family!

So why did MIL really stay home?

[MIL] has worked incredibly hard over many years to fortify her own position within the family. She was very gracious and welcoming with [DIL] in the beginning. However, she – and other family members – now find it distressing that DIL seems to be more interested in destroying the family than in joining it.

It would not behoove [MIL] to do photo ops with [The Wife] unless part of an event with many family members. Perhaps that will change in the future, but for now it seems prudent for her to keep a bit of distance.

While initial reports were that MIL would be down for a week or more with such a serious illness, she made a miraculous comeback!

Only a couple of days later, MIL attended an event at which she was surrounded by multiple family members… and did not have to do an individual photo op with Daughter in Law.

Similar: Her Own Game

Mother In Law:

Daughter In Law:

[Optional] Smart move by MIL? Or, “Boo, you whore!”

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1201274/Camilla-Duchess-of-Cornwall-health-update-cancel-engagement-chest-infection

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall was due to attend her first solo engagement with Meghan Markle and Harry today. However, she has had to cancel two engagements due to ill health - here is why. Meghan Markle, 38, and Prince Harry, 35, were to be joined by Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, 72, on a special trip to Westminster Abbey on Thursday. However, ill-health means Camilla has had to forgo the trip which the Duke and Duchess of Sussex attended alone. She also cancelled an engagement last night - this an update Clarence House has given on Camilla's health.

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall health update

According to Clarence House, Camilla has a chest infection and has been advised to rest by her doctor.

A Clarence House spokesman said: "The Duchess of Cornwall has been told by her doctor to cancel her engagements owing to a chest infection which has got progressively worse over the last few days."

Camilla also missed an event last night in London due to the infection.

Camilla is the Patron of Poppy Factory and she and the Sussexes were due to each lay their own Cross of Remembrance at the site as part of a moving ceremony.

The Duchess of Cornwall is said to be deeply disappointed she won't be able to attend the Field of Remembrance service today. 

The cancellation comes after she was forced to pull-out of a gala dinner at the London Library last night.

The Royal Family are due to come together for more Remembrance Day events this weekend and it is not yet clear whether Camilla will be well enough to attend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just announced that Harry, Meghan & Archie will be spending Christmas holidays with her mom Doria. Since they're off for 6 weeks after mid-November and originally rumored to be spending Thanksgiving with Doria, wonder if they'll be in the US for 6 weeks?

Jasmine Guillory - an author I adore - just tweeted she hopes they rent a HUGE celeb mansion overlooking beach in Southern CA where paps can't get them and just enjoy the heck out of it......

I will note earlier in the thread I thought the rumors of them wanting to spend summers in LA were silly - go to LA when London is icky, people! ? 

1 hour ago, Hoyaheel said:

Just announced that Harry, Meghan & Archie will be spending Christmas holidays with her mom Doria. Since they're off for 6 weeks after mid-November and originally rumored to be spending Thanksgiving with Doria, wonder if they'll be in the US for 6 weeks?

Jasmine Guillory - an author I adore - just tweeted she hopes they rent a HUGE celeb mansion overlooking beach in Southern CA where paps can't get them and just enjoy the heck out of it......

I will note earlier in the thread I thought the rumors of them wanting to spend summers in LA were silly - go to LA when London is icky, people! ? 

As long as the British taxpayers aren’t funding it, I would not be pleased ?

It’s just been announced that Andrew has recorded an interview with the BBC on the Epstein situation in which no questions were vetted...so this will be interesting! I assume he was still allowed to prep for them in advance. (Newsnight is the BBCs flagship news programme and is probably the flagship for the U.K. as a result.)

Edited by Wordsworth
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/13/2019 at 2:35 PM, Wordsworth said:

As long as the British taxpayers aren’t funding it, I would not be pleased ?

Current rumor that Doria will go to Frogmore for security reasons, so who knows.....[I think a nice airbnb on the ocean in Southern CA would be lovely ;-)]

36 minutes ago, Hoyaheel said:

Current rumor that Doria will go to Frogmore for security reasons, so who knows.....[I think a nice airbnb on the ocean in Southern CA would be lovely ;-)]

Yeah I read that too. I think the main thing is that Doria is included. I like that Harry and Meghan pointed out they aren’t the first to spend Christmas away from the Queen - William and Kate get the same crap from the press when they’ve chosen to go to her family. I like that they are including their wives‘ families, as it never seemed right to me that before this, marrying into the royals seemed to mean never spending your holiday with your parents again. mind you I’d solve that problem by abolishing the monarchy totally so they’d probably prefer I kept quiet. ?

• Like 2

I think a longish break for Harry and Meghan will be good all around. I feel like I need a break from them and I used to like them. I’m not into comparing the wives, it’s nothing to do with Kate, I just know the Sussexes have tried my patience lately. 

Edited by dixiedoodah
  • Thanks 1

https://pagesix.com/2019/11/16/kate-middletons-private-secretary-leaving-after-two-years/

I hadn't heard about the aide who was fired after returning from her honeymoon! Such a double standard - if this had been Harry & Meghan's staff, the hue & cry would be enormous. Ugh. Staff *do* leave, I'm not saying there's anything nefarious in Kate's staff OR with the Sussexes. Just that coverage is hugely inconsistent. Don't blame them for the lawsuit, even if I do think it's unprecedented and perhaps a bit too far?

Saw a response (on twitter) about how shit Prince andrew is handling his situation and how you can really tell that Prince Phillip retired - apparently HE was the one keeping it all together in the Royal Family??!!

• Like 1