Kath

British Royals

4 minutes ago, fykeylicious said:

LOL at "....the Duke of Cambridge and all relevant parties."

lol ok kids

“Not you, Andrew. Sit down.” 

• Haha 3

Well this ties in nicely with that blind item that was about them. They’re basically feeling that they can make more money off of themselves independently than what they get from the queen, I think. This is allows them to monetize themselves completely. Somehow maybe it’s the way it was worded, I don’t know, I feel like this is more about show me the money than let’s hide Archie from craziness. It was extraordinarily poorly worded. We’re going to step back up but we’re still going to be there. It makes it sound like they’ll be there just enough to keep their names in the spotlight and use the royal family for publicity when they want to. 

Edited by dixiedoodah
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ooft. Doesn’t look like the rest of the royals knew much about this statement going out, according to the new chat. 

A Buckingham Palace spokeswoman said discussions with the couple on their decision to step back from the royal family were “at an early stage”, adding: “We understand their desire to take a different approach, but these are complicated issues that will take time to work through.”

This is not a great look.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/08/prince-harry-and-meghan-say-they-are-stepping-back-from-royal-family

Edited by Wordsworth
  • Like 1

Well, the Queen wanted a distraction from Andrew....if this was a UK tv soap opera she’d pop her clogs now and there’d be a family fight at the funeral ending with Meghan or Kate getting pushed in the grave! 

• Haha 1

I honestly had to come back to this because I am just flabbergasted by the wording. I have spent all afternoon thinking about their desire to work on becoming financially independent. Like they are freaking college students about to graduate with $100,000 in student loans. He has - at minimum - a multi million dollar trust fund and she was, allegedly at least, a successful actress. They have more money than 99.9% of the world. One dress that she wears is worth more than my car. Her best friends are a world famous tennis star and the daughter-in-law of the former Prime Minister of Canada. But they need to work on becoming financially independent. I watched their goddamn wedding and I was excited about it. At this point they could disappear from the face of the earth and I would not care. That one phrase has turned me off more than anything they have done to this point. They are working to become financially independent. That is the most out of touch thing I have ever read. my jaw is still sitting on the floor. Before they got married Prince Harry probably had more good will from the public than just about anybody I can think of. People loved him so much because of his mother. I really really hate to blame her alone and I won’t because this makes me remember the Nazi outfit and all the other stupid things he did that everybody forgot about. There are effing working on becoming financially independent. Good god they are oblivious.

And yes, I do recognize that their expenses are very different than my expenses, but still… There had to be a better way to express themselves than that.

Edited by dixiedoodah
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fykeylicious said:

also....the hubris of defining themselves as "senior" members of the Royal Family....please

But that's a definition given by the Queen, I think, based on what/how much they do and how they are paid, basically. 

• Like 1

Charles has supplemented her wardrobe allowance (I believe he has for Kate as well) so they might not have as much as it appears (yes, they'll still be JUST fine.) But wardrobe is part of the job, so like actresses, news anchors and in the past magazine editors - they get an allowance.

Overall, it's a bad look for them, no matter what they're really like in "real life". I imagine they're somewhere in between the extremes shown by media. I imagine the rest of the family wishes they would go back to Canada and be quiet too ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hoyaheel said:

Funny tweet I just saw - can't copy properly on my phone ?

American Divorcées: 2
House of Windsor: 0

Haha! I think, with the benefit of hindsight, the Windsors are not so sad to have gotten rid of the Nazi-adjacent Edward (whatever number) v quickly!

I was reading that they’ve published something on their website about what they mean by “financially independent” and it appears it may basically be “we’ll not take a grant from the Queen and will mostly live on the money we get from Harry’s dad’s private income from the duchy” - which Charles really only gets by virtue of being royal! They’ll also get security paid for and use a royal residence when living here. I’m strongly reminded of Kylie Jenner being declared “self made” tbh. 

But I’m mostly just amazed by the emotive language being used to describe the palace’s feelings:

“The BBC understands no other royal - including the Queen or Prince William - was consulted before the statement and Buckingham Palace is "disappointed".

Senior royals are understood to be "hurt" by the announcement.”

• Like 2

Yeah, I saw screenshots of that website on twitter but not the actual url so cannot check it out myself. Is more clear, for sure. Which makes the statement WORSE - if they put that much thought in and had that much clarity, why such a shitty statement?

Book recommendation - fiction - The Golden Hour by Beatriz Williams - I've been reading a ton of her stuff lately. This one is half about the Duke & Duchess of Windsor's time in the Bahamas at the start of WWII. 

Edited by Hoyaheel
Corrected book title
  • Thanks 1

wow, I can't ever remember the queen admitting to being disappointed in her life!!

2020 already coming for all our souls - glad to have known you fine people :flag:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hoyaheel said:

Yeah, I saw screenshots of that website on twitter but not the actual url so cannot check it out myself. Is more clear, for sure. Which makes the statement WORSE - if they put that much thought in and had that much clarity, why such a shitty statement?

Book recommendation - fiction - The Golden House by Beatriz Williams - I've been reading a ton of her stuff lately. This one is half about the Duke & Duchess of Windsor's time in the Bahamas at the start of WWII. 

I also saw reference to trust funds like you mentioned before, apparently both Diana and the Queen Mother may have paid into trusts for Harry. 

I presume it can only be that statement was written by them and not sense checked by anyone else, because no one else knew! This overriding theme of “we can do it all on our own” is perhaps not the best idea, but it is what it is now. 

• Like 2

We should have listed Meghan/Harry and The Queen on the divorce poll. :P

I do believe this counts as a breakup. :D

• Haha 3

man-planning-strategy.png

SOLVED!

The Big Plan

December 28, 2019

[Blind Gossip] We warned you that this was coming!

Think back to a few months ago when we talked about the baby.

Our married couple was oddly reluctant to let the public see the baby, citing concerns over safety and a desire to bond privately.

We told you that wasn’t true. Plenty of their family members have managed to keep their children safe and secure over many generations while meeting their obligations as public figures.

We told you that the couple was actually trying to keep sightings of the baby rare while they figured out how to monetize the situation… without the rest of the family finding out.

They bungled that scenario.

However, it’s now full steam ahead with The Big Plan!

What is The Big Plan?

To brand and monetize everything.

You are now seeing that plan being put into motion. And if you question what they are doing, you will be met with anger, misdirection, and insistence that their motives are pure.

We hid the baby because… Privacy! Motherhood!

We take private planes and stay in posh private digs because… Environment! Wellness!

We isolate ourselves from 99% of our family and surround ourselves with celebrities because… Family! Safety!

We are engaging our own outside lawyers and PR team because… Protection! Charity!

How dare you question our motives!

See how that works?

Our couple is good. Those who question their motives or their nonsensical excuses or their bizarre hypocrisy are bad.

By the way, if you like The Clinton Foundation, you are going to love our couple’s charity organization. Why? Because The Clinton Foundation is our couple’s model.

Actually, they think they can be much bigger than The Clinton Foundation.

They just have to keep you pesky commoners at bay while they spin up the machine.

Then it’s cha ching… cha ching… cha ching!

All in the name of charity, of course.

Yes, you may roll your eyes.

Similar: Big Baby Bucks

Couple:

[Optional] What will happen to this plan and this couple?

SOLVED!

prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-7.png

Couple: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

mother-hugging-son.jpg

SOLVED!

Wounded Little Boy

October 22, 2019

[Blind Gossip] While everyone is up in arms about how to deal with a couple of members of this famous family who are seemingly beyond their control, an insider provides a glimpse as to exactly how it happened.

She was quite cunning. She talked to him about his mother all the time. She used the pain he felt about losing his mother to make him rely on her and to turn him against everyone else in his family.

She told him that he is actually “a wounded little boy” and that his family was  wrong for making him act stoically. She also told him that he should never forget how terribly his family treated his mother.

She encouraged him to talk about his feelings and told him the more he lets the sadness and anger out both privately and in public, the sooner his pain would heal. He cried with her and she comforted him like his mother would.

She told him that once he was able to choose for himself and act independently from his family, they would fulfill his mother’s legacy together.

This does explain his recent surge in discussing his feelings in public… his newfound temper… as well as his alienation from his family.

But did he simply trade one controlling entity for another?

Similar: Too Cute Love

Couple:

His Mother:

[Optional] Do you think his mother would have approved of her? Why or why not? Please use people’s real names.

SOLVED!

princess-diana-prince-harry-sitting-on-l

Couple: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry

His Mother: Princess Diana

Holy crap! If it’s true they didn’t tell anyone in the royal household, and yet had time to have this done... wow. That is some calculating.

https://sussexroyal.com/about/

also, it’s funny that the Twitter hashtag is #Megxit

Edited by dixiedoodah
  • Like 1

I think this is just a huge publicity stunt by her.  Everything “they” are saying is wrong has been Harry’s life.   

Being in the States where everything is NOT royal, may be different than the UK, however, Will and Kate seem to keep everything with their children etc relatively quiet, and the other royals are almost non existent.

Moving here will just make them more of a target but now on two continents.   What “they” are “protecting” themselves from is going to increase exponentially.  

Meghan just needs attention.  And she is not getting the amount she was, and is trying to figure out how to get more.  How far will she go to continue this? 

How long will it take Harry to get out of this stupor he is in and realize that she is pushing him away from the work he loves - carrying on his Mother’s legacy by bringing to light injustices, and into the limelight that she is protesting she does not want.

Of course being besties with the two of them I am completely justified in saying this with all confidence ?

• Like 2

https://pagesix.com/2020/01/09/princess-diana-would-have-been-furious-at-prince-harry-says-former-chef/

Go-to quote (allegedly from Diana) - William is deep like his father; Harry is an airhead like me.

? Goes along with post above - narrative is it's Meghan manipulating Harry.....I don't know what to believe and as I've stated above -imagine the "truth" is somewhere in the middle.

• Like 1